Death isnt so bad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Great Vengeance
I know most of you have a strong desire to live...its in our nature...however step back for a second, would it really be so bad if death was total detachment? No more worries, trivial tasks, biological needs, you would finnaly be at peace. Death is something to look forward to if anything, not fear. I would actually be disappointed if I was reincarnated back to earth, one lifetime of this shit is enough for me roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo
maybe you have a choice whether to reincarnate or not....I wouldn't want to believe that I would never exists beyond this life...And I don't think it works like that...We do go on somewhere, in some way.....This life does have lots of struggles, but it comes down to how you really look at things...your out look on it....

But as of now...yes...I really enjoy living and want to experience all there is in this life before I leave it....

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
maybe you have a choice whether to reincarnate or not....I wouldn't want to believe that I would never exists beyond this life...And I don't think it works like that...We do go on somewhere, in some way.....This life does have lots of struggles, but it comes down to how you really look at things...your out look on it....

But as of now...yes...I really enjoy living and want to experience all there is in this life before I leave it....

Oh that'S really good for you that you believe that and all....but how can one believe that....I mean there's no evidence, it is just wish thinking....from all we know people die...and they never are seen again......

Oh and although I agree that Death is not top be feared...I'd like to have a long life....or maybe two...wouldn't mind that either........I don't see the whole "life is pain" way of life.......I am happy usually...and my eyes are open....

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh that'S really good for you that you believe that and all....but how can one believe that....I mean there's no evidence, it is just wish thinking....

Well...I probably read more than you... big grin

Bardock42
Well...I probably read more than you... big grin

Doubtful.......no expression

debbiejo
^ I probably do....just different subjects.....
There has been much published on near death experiences and what one sees and hears...And if we are all energy...like in quantum physics theories then our essence cannot be destroyed...also with that field...it would make sense of many metaphysical phenomenon

Bardock42
Ok, I won't argue with you on who has the bigger size, but still....how do you come to the conclusion that there is an afterlife? Reading Books from wackos that say they left their body saw tons of flowers and whatever......especially since there are hundreds of different near-death experiences......

Besides there is a logical explaination for that.....but why...just why do you think you will be able to chose if you are reincarnated.......how come.....

debbiejo
I said maybe you could chose reincarnation...And what do you consider wacko....and yes my point is that there are many types of near death experiences....so there can't just be one type...And I've heard the logical explanation for that as well...but that is only looking at it from a physical point..a physical body function of the brain....not the energy point that is in everything that is living and non-living...photons.....they are alive...wave form and can change it's form...can even blink in and out of our view or what we would call reality...And seem to have an intelligence to them..

Bardock42
Oh god....I will not argue with you......pointless.....

debbiejo
Why?

Bardock42
Cause it won't bring me pleasure.....

debbiejo
laughing out loud

The world is not always filled with pleasure.....But you said "There is no evidence."

Deano
Dying is a very dull, dreary affair. And my advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it."

Atlantis001

Great Vengeance

BlackC@t
It's human nature to fear the unknown.

Julie
I'm not afraid of death, unknown or not.

Sure some days suck, but better days come and there are always little things that brighten a day and make life worth living. Find your purpose. Serve people, love people, write, make a mark on the world by trying your very best to be selfless, this selfish act would make for a better you

tax
Julie, the moment you try to find your purpose, it is the start of suffering. Hope you realize it.

Clovie
There is afterlife.

Tired Hiker
I believe Heaven and Hell are places on Earth. Once you die, you are worm food.

jerlark386
What if you have no purpose? sad
What if theres no purpose to anything?

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by jerlark386
What if you have no purpose? sad
What if theres no purpose to anything?

What if there is?

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
I know most of you have a strong desire to live...its in our nature...however step back for a second, would it really be so bad if death was total detachment? No more worries, trivial tasks, biological needs, you would finnaly be at peace. Death is something to look forward to if anything, not fear. I would actually be disappointed if I was reincarnated back to earth, one lifetime of this shit is enough for me roll eyes (sarcastic)
Death wouldnt be so bad if you were a lonely old man that lived by himself and had an old dog for his company. But Death is bad when you're engaged/married, have kids of your own, close family pets, a house that's potentially going to be given up to the next person who wants to buy it and you dont know what they're going to do with it and stuff....etc.

leonheartmm
death is never good, even to those who want it more than anything else. theres no romance in it.

kmcdude
We are all just animals that die..........simple as that, if there is no afterlife for a golden fish...........then there is no afterlife for humans.............

leonheartmm

thas bull{well partly} u dont realize just how precious this "existance" is, neither do u know what lies after this ends. it might not be peaceful at all u know no

kmcdude
It might be nothing at all you know..........

resle
for me life is just an operating system, once ur dead nothing happens just like nothing happens when u un plug a toaster. most people have trouble grasping the concept of nothing. do u know ur asleep when ur sleeping? no.

jOHN_Anderton
I would actually be disappointed if I was reincarnated back to earth, one lifetime of this shit is enough for me roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lol.

Don't worry. All those stupid belief systems are as ridiculous as the people that actually believe them and even pattern their ENTIRE LIVES based on them. laughing out loud

There's no "you" to be reincarnated but "YOU" are indeed incarnated over and over and over, every second of every minute. A useful exercise is to think of how nature works on a microcosmic level and then broaden that paradigm to the macrocosm and beyond. This can often give perspective when considering the big questions as you are now doing.

So, for example just as a plant grows flowers, or a tree yields fruit, the universe gives rise to sentient life forms. In other words, a plant "flowers", a tree "fruits", and the universe "I's".

We, are the universe "I'ing" itself.

Unlike a flower or a piece of fruit we are sentient. As a result we interact with the world around us and we are curious, ask questions and study the world in order to bette3r understand it and in order to advance our understanding of how we relate to the world at large, what our purpose is and what our destiny is to become.

So, in this sense we are also the universe "eyeing" itself. Studying itself in order to know itself.

But if you posit the concept of an infinite "God" as the first principle, then it's impossible for anything to be outside of this entity i.e. by definition, it is infinite in all regards.

Therefore, all of it, everything from the macro down to the infinitesimal, is a very real expression of the original 1st principle. Everything, space, time, energy, bugs, plants and people - all of it is derivative. THATS the reality of it all. The only question is, will mankind's everyday awareness ever reflect this reality or will we forever think as we do now, much like a Picasso painting that depicts fragmentation and a complete lack of unity and coherence?

Idk, but imo the survival of our species hinges on this one question. There is nothing "sacred" about human life or anu life form on earth. This is a huge universe, teaming with life and throughout even our own galaxy there are countless examples of failed "experiments" where intelligent species went extinct due to their own folly. We're on the road to the same end and believe me NOBODY out there will miss us if or when we're gone!

mailedbypostman
Actually, I have no fear of death, only death without contribution. If possible I'd like to leeave the universe a better place then when i entered, not worse.

jOHN_Anderton
I don't give a damn about that old way of thinking. I don't ever want to die. I'm not terrified of f'king dieing just pissed off that we only last, what, 80, 90 years? Thats f'king ridiculous. I don't believe we have to die and someday no one will. Serious and legitimate scientists are certain that the 1st person who will live to 150years is already born. Genetic manipulation will eventually enhance longevity - and not so that your an old fart longer - no, more like you age slower, so your so called middle years will be extended with the looks and health you generally experience in your 30 - 50 y/o time period. We'd be a lot closer to that if it wasn't for all the religious zealots in this fricking world. Damn, I wish they would just f'ing disappear all at once. The rest of us would be so much happier and healthier!

resle
ya supposedly in 2050 scientists will have created a robot a little bigger then a blood cell which will be injected in your blood stream, the robots then will constantly repair your body. i wonder what would happen though if u got cut, would the robots spill out? that would suck

jOHN_Anderton
Nano technology is coming! Yeah, little nanobots to cure diseases and repair the body. Thats a ways off like you say but I think waay before 2050 we're going to see what today would be considered "miraculous" things.

"Genomics", or the cracking of the human gene code has been essentially accomplished and the next stage is already well underway: "Proteomics", which is discovering exactly how the information in these genes are expressed - how it works - you kno, the mechanics of it all. Because it's a process or molecular "machinary" that involves protein molecules it's called "proteomics".

mailedbypostman
I'm interested in living long, but I wouldn't be too stressed out if I can't.

jOHN_Anderton
How brave of you. Why be so accepting of your ending though? I mean, do you REALLY think "You" will continue after your death in any way that preserves who you are right now? If so, then I geuss, yeah, "death" really isn't, is it.

Or - is it?

And if it is, if death is death, and you in fact DO NOT continue...

*To illustrate his point JA blows out the flame of a candle converting the lighted room into pitch darknwss.*

...do you now want to revise your assumptions and REALLY live rather than being kind of "interested" in living?

Lifes not life if you must lose it - and - deaths not death if you refuse it!

F##k oblivion. The easiest thing in the world is to fall down. I'm a mountain climber not an dweeb who would just as soon jump as survive. Wow, are you ever asleep, coppertop.

mailedbypostman
Well, when I said that, I was assuming I'd live to be at least 30 when I died...

jOHN_Anderton
ur an idiot. u no longer hv the privilage of speaking to me directly. begone insect.

but just like an insect i'm sure u'll join my growing anti-fan base and annoy the hell outta me as long as i will be posting in this little corner of hell.

mailedbypostman
Did you just switch personalities? In one post you speak like a mature adult but in the next you act (and type) like an immature eight-year old. As for the other, do you really think that I'd be so offended by your comments as to hate you? You're strange. See you around.

Atlantis001

mailedbypostman

Atlantis001
Originally posted by mailedbypostman
They fear it in the way that people don't want get off the roller coaster. It's probably that they have free will and can exercise this, and so want to continue doing so. Other than that I don't know why they fear death. I suppose they'll miss friends and family, but still what is there to do? Humans are quite irrational.

Maybe it is because they will miss friends, and family... but this life is not everything. I think that to limitate ourselves to this personality is to have too much attachment to the futile pleasures of the human life. Sometime we will have to grow up and forget this basic way of living, in the same way we had to forget our toys when we where children.

mailedbypostman
Or someday forget living itself...

jOHN_Anderton
whaT A couple F##KING assholes. LOL!!!!!!!!!

mailedbypostman
Que tu hablas?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by mailedbypostman
Que tu hablas?

What?

debbiejo
I think he said in Spanish..."What are you talking about, or to?"..

Shakyamunison
He said in Spanish..."Who are you talking to?"

Oh! I guess I can't read Spanish, I'm lucky I can read English. laughing

Wonderer
Death isn't so bad, neither is it so good; death is beyond good and bad; death is simply a refresher on the eternal path of life. Just as with life, we must also be able to laugh at death; do not take life and death too seriously, because if you don't laugh at life and death, it will laugh at you!

moises
I know most of you have a strong desire to live...its in our nature...however step back for a second, would it really be so bad if death was total detachment? No more worries, trivial tasks, biological needs, you would finnaly be at peace. Death is something to look forward to if anything, not fear. I would actually be disappointed if I was reincarnated back to earth, one lifetime of this shit is enough for me roll eyes (sarcastic) I agree with you but the pain one must feel before they die is something I do fear.

kmcdude
Originally posted by moises
I agree with you but the pain one must feel before they die is something I do fear.

yes That's what scares me,like what happens before you die? do you slowly feel your heart stop? your blood turning cold? Can you not breathe? and lay there and suffocate?

debbiejo
I think the fear of it would be more scary...But when your right in the midst of it, from what I've read, that many have came close to, it's more acceptance and peace...The fear of the unknown is what really gets ya.

Spartan005
I'm scared shitless of dying. I mean think about how the entire theory of the afterlife was created. It started hundreds of years ago when humans were frikin morons, and they created gods to explain anything unknown. I'm really confused if heaven even exists right now; it's such a scary ass thought.

silver_tears
Death's the only thing that requires little effort on your part thumb up

silver_tears
Originally posted by Wonderer
Death isn't so bad, neither is it so good; death is beyond good and bad; death is simply a refresher on the eternal path of life. Just as with life, we must also be able to laugh at death; do not take life and death too seriously, because if you don't laugh at life and death, it will laugh at you!

My question to you is how would you know whether death is "so bad?" What the f**k?
Experienced it once or twice?

DarkC
Death isn't so bad if you look at it in a philosophal perspective. It's the portal to the next life.

However, when you think of it physically...

mailedbypostman
Death is hard to understand...

Gouki
I, myself, am afraid of death. The unknown part of it scares me. Should I really be scared? I don't know, I am though. When I was a young child, I always wanted to live forever, or a very long period of time. Why I wanted this, I never fully understood. The only reason, I could think of, is that it's just human nature to not want to die. Now that I think of it, death should be something to look forward to. There is no reason for me to live longer than what is needed. Every human is basically born, grows, matures, reproduces, and gives what he or she has learned, passes it on to their offspring. Then they die eventually of old age or of some other cause. That is a part of life. We should accept it, as much as we accept other things we believe in. The cycle then begins over. We are animals, with the basic principle of passing information on. To better understand ourselves, and everything around us. Death is inevitable. We can't think after we die. So, there is no use, trying to find out what it is like after you die.

Bierbommetje
IMO thinking of death when you're alive is a waste of life

If it's bad, then I don't want to think about it, It'll just ruin my life with fear and unease.

If it's good, then I'll see when I'm dead

Besides, it is impossible to know, so you can only guess. And there's way to many possibilities for that.

But that's just my view

Continue discussing

BobbyD
Death is not all that bad. I don't think you should want to welcome it unless you're terminally ill. I will say that while death isn't all that bad, I don't want to ever experience any physical pain associated with it.

I do belive there is a life after death also....a place where for us lucky ones that we will enjoy peace.

Mindship
Seems to me--as I read these threads devoted to death--that one can speak gingerly of it when one has no real experience of it, as in the death of a loved one (eg, a parent, spouse, sibling), or as in a personal, near-death episode (eg, brought on by disease or injury). Prior to this, with all due respect, a lot of intellectualization goes on.

When Death Terror is staring you in the face, it is a wholly different ball game.

fruits
you say no more worries cuz you'd be at peace, but you woudln't be able to feel this feeling of peace if it is TOTAL detachment. it'd just be pure nothingness.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by fruits
you say no more worries cuz you'd be at peace, but you woudln't be able to feel this feeling of peace if it is TOTAL detachment. it'd just be pure nothingness.

Nothingness is peace.

FistOfThe North
I'm not afraid to die but I don't wanna die. In fact I wish I was Immortal.

Besides that, I honestly think Death is like nothingness, like G. Vengeance.

To me, when a person dies it's just nothing. No feelings, no light or darkness, no sounds, no spirits, no boredom, no temperatures. Just no nothing. It's just blank. Your're just underground or cremated and it's just blank. There's nothing there at all whatsoever. Just a pure nothingness.

It's just like sleeping. That period one goes thru when sleeping without dreaming and without not ever waking up again. Death is that, to me.

dark99
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I'm not afraid to die but I don't wanna die. In fact I wish I was Immortal.

Besides that, I honestly think Death is like nothingness, like G. Vengeance.

To me, when a person dies it's just nothing. No feelings, no light or darkness, no sounds, no spirits, no boredom, no temperatures. Just no nothing. It's just blank. Your're just underground or cremated and it's just blank. There's nothing there at all whatsoever. Just a pure nothingness.

It's just like sleeping. That period one goes thru when sleeping without dreaming and without not ever waking up again. Death is that, to me.

And that is a death that I am afraid to imagine.

overlord
Death will be the ultimate bliss. Finally being able to sleep forever without annoying people waking me up.

Storm
Death is an essential condition of life, not an evil.

debbiejo
There is a view that death is the ultimate life, and that here on earth we experience what we would call a kind of death.......

That life here is a death of true bliss, of stife, of overcoming, of pain, of stuggle.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by overlord
Death will be the ultimate bliss. Finally being able to sleep forever without annoying people waking me up.

I kno man lol well said.

markie
laughing out loud

The world is not always filled with pleasure.....But you said "There is no evidence." Maybe the fear of death created the concept of the after life.People were so afraid of dieing they decided that you went to heven or were reincarnated or some form of after life.

Council#13

confused *backs away slowly towards door*

Storm
Most of us loathe death because of the uncertainty of its time and place. Failure to survive when the time comes is the basic fear. It is also based upon an innate fear of loneliness due to the loss of those we have been familiar with during our worldly existence.

debbiejo
Fear of the unexperience or unknown.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Death Is Bad V. Death Is Good.
Death is Good for the person suffering, such as Justin, his time was near and the pain was getting too hurtful to bear so Justin finally let go; Thursday, January 19.
Death is Bad for the person/parents of the one whom is dying, like Justin's Parents; Carolyn and Bill. They've mourned so much, and yet still have more grief that they will go through as they slowly get over his death. They're glad his suffering is no more, but they're not glad that their 17 year old son had to deal with a battle of cancer, and a rare form of it at that.

Beckspistol

Commando Queen
I don't get why people Fear death..

Maya Zurak
I fear illness.
Is pretty scary to see how serious illnesses can destroy our bodies
and make people suffer. In that case i think death is a salvation.

Jack Daniels
can I still drink Jack Daniels when im dead?..lol

Storm
I' m inclined to join in the speculation that any and all consciousness ceases to exist at death, and that death itself is ultimately the exact same experience as prior to conception. I don' t fear death.

JediJim
Originally posted by Storm
I' m inclined to join in the speculation that any and all consciousness ceases to exist at death, and that death itself is ultimately the exact same experience as prior to conception. I don' t fear death.

I agree. I believe all consciousness ceases and I see no reason to waste life fearing that which is ultimately an unknown. No matter what your beliefs, death is an inevitability. If you lead a good life, who cares about death! smile

lord xyz
I know most of you have a strong desire to live...its in our nature...however step back for a second, would it really be so bad if death was total detachment? No more worries, trivial tasks, biological needs, you would finnaly be at peace. Death is something to look forward to if anything, not fear. I would actually be disappointed if I was reincarnated back to earth, one lifetime of this shit is enough for me roll eyes (sarcastic) People who want to die are the most selfish because they don't consider other people's feelings, nor do they think about the things they could've done in the future.

Storm

lord xyz

BobbyD
Death is not so bad at all...as long as you're not terminally ill, or have it snatched away from you by someone else.

In fact, death should be a celebration about one's life.

Deus Venèficus
Originally posted by lord xyz
True. But they're still being selfish in that they're not considering what they'll do in the future. If Hitler commited suicide before 1939, we would never have computers.

So people are supposed to consider what they might do in the future? What kind of faulty logic is this?

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.