Mourning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ladyluck
I don't understand why people get so upset when someone dies, that it takes over their lives. I don't mean to sound insensitive, because I know it sucks when someone close to you passes away, but come on... move on with your lives.

What I'm trying to say is, people die. It's inevitable. You can't stop it from happening. You know it's going to happen sooner or later so why practically ruin your life mourning over it?

Go ahead, be sad for a while but don't let it ruin your day. You're just wasting your life when you do that.

Great Vengeance
confused

Ladyluck
It's true.

Great Vengeance
Before you criticize somone, walk a mile in their shoes...then you will be a mile away and have their shoes.

Ladyluck
I'm not criticizing anyone. And that's a stupid, lame, and old quote.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Ladyluck
I'm not criticizing anyone. And that's a stupid, lame, and old quote.

lol you are good entertainment. wink

Ladyluck
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Great Vengeance
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ladyluck
Don't even

Clovie
Maybe for that someone who can't get over person's death that person has really meant heaps. you know? some ppl have feelings and can't just go to a disco after a funeral erm

Sir Mist
It takes a while to accept that your never going to see that person ever again, never going to talk to them ever again, never going to touch them again....you cant just accept a loss of someones life in a day..erm

debbiejo
I think it has to do with the relationship you had with the person...And of course you miss them....and think about them, but as time passes it gets easier....But at some point you have to move on...

fini
I agree with debbiejo. IT depends on who the person is, and your connection with them.

But when a close family member or friend dies, its really hard to come to accept that you will never see them again. Thats the saddest thing about death, its the ultimate farewell. People do get over it over time, while some dont.

The one person of all who you have give the greatest amount of time of healing is a parent, particularly a mother. When a mother loses a child, its a life stopping event. But then again it depends on the person. When one of my friends dies 3 yrs ago, his mother was the epithomy of strength, the only place we saw her actually cry was at the grave site. She was the one who had to comfort our sobbing group.
Then I had another friend who died a couple of years before that, his mother is yet to get over his death. She is going through a major bout of depression now. Everyone thought that the birth of her first grandchild will maybe help, but it didn't.

SO it really depends on the person.

Jedi Priestess
I don't mean to sound insensitive,

but you do....

how many close family members ( parent, sibling, child, grandparent) have you lost?

botankus
If anyone here at KMC is going to die, please call LadyLuck in advance so we can set her straight on mourning techniques.

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
If anyone here at KMC is going to die, please call LadyLuck in advance so we can set her straight on mourning techniques.

I died recently.....no one mouned for me......sad

Anyways...for the people that moun it is for whatever reason the most reasonable thing to do at the moment......so it's up to them....

botankus
I did, Bardock...especially when I knew you were going out with that hot Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow shirt.

Bardock42
The Sky Captain Shirt is decorating a Wall on my Room....which therefore (besides already being the coolest room ever) is the Roxxor 666 ......

Anyways back to topic: Good Mourning People.

Sir Mist
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
but you do....

how many close family members ( parent, sibling, child, grandparent) have you lost?

From the sounds of this thread, not many, which is why its probably not worth arguing with her, if she has never gone through it, she doesnt understand what its like.......

Unless she has gone through it, and for some reason doesnt give a shit....

Capt_Fantastic
Well, to take the question seriously..despite it's nature: People become upset when someone dies, because they are no longer there. A lot of religion has developed, especially in teh western world, as a direct response to death and the questions it raises. So many people become selfish, which I am going to assume is the real pointof your question. I know that when my grandmother died, I honestly expected to becoem upset based on selfishness(besides, why would the death of a loved one suddenly inspire a change in me?) but that wasn't the case. I cried and raged and got upset because of the injustice and unfairness of her death. It was one of the few times in my life that I have cried FOR someone else...rather than for myself. Also, I think people become so upset because they have doubt in their religious beliefs. If so many people believed so strongly in their faith, to the point where they were truely religiouos, then they would have no fear of death.

FeceMan
I have no fear of death; I just don't greet it with open arms. I continue to pay my rent on the sack of meat I we describe as a body, and I have no desire to be evicted...yet.

Alpha Centauri
I don't understand why people get so upset when someone dies, that it takes over their lives. I don't mean to sound insensitive, because I know it sucks when someone close to you passes away, but come on... move on with your lives.

What I'm trying to say is, people die. It's inevitable. You can't stop it from happening. You know it's going to happen sooner or later so why practically ruin your life mourning over it?

Go ahead, be sad for a while but don't let it ruin your day. You're just wasting your life when you do that.

So much wrong with that post I don't even know where to begin. If you have some magical ability to not give a long-term care to loved ones who pass away, fine. Good for you, I'm sure it IS easier. Not everyone has that.

I don't, because the people I do care about mean a lot to me and life is generally better as a result of them being around. I believe what I believe with regards to death, but that doesn't stop it being sad.

-AC

BackFire
Mourning is a very healthy and important act when you've lost someone close to you, you feel sad knowing that you will never ever see this person again, and they are gone forever, that you'll never make new memories with them, never get to joke with them or look at them.

If you don't mourn, and just pack all these sad, lonely feelings inside of you and just go on with your life as if nothing happened, they'll eventually come out in other ways, bad ways. And it's simply not healthy to deny your emotions in the way you're suggesting.

s|m

By the way you put it, you probably never lost anyone.
It's normal to feel sad that a person is no longer there, you can't just forget them, like they never existed.

Superfly4000
its our american/european culture that really makes us mourn for our lost ones. in other cultures, people prepare there whole lives with ritual to prepare for death. our fast paced cultures makes us ignore death until it finally strikes.

Ladyluck
I have lost a few close family members, and a very dear friend of mine had an unfortunate death a little more than a year ago, so I know how it feels when you lose someone... Trust me...

I'm not saying don't mourn when someone dies. I understand that mourning helps to get over the death and helps you to cope with life without that person. Never did I say not to mourn. I simply said don't let the death of someone ruin your life. I know it's an extremely difficult time to go through when someone passes away, but after so long, you need to move on. You can't dwell on the death of someone forever.

Alpha Centauri
http://www.envision7.com/~rich/pics/master_of_the_obvious.jpg

-AC

RedAlertv2
^ did u post a pic, because nothing is there

Alpha Centauri
Yeah I did, laaaame.

http://www.envision7.com/~rich/pics/master_of_the_obvious.jpg

-AC

Ladyluck
I see it

Morgoths_Wrath
it's easy to accept until it happens to you

CrazyInLove

yes, you do have to eventually go on with you life, but it takes time.....roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ladyluck
Originally posted by CrazyInLove
yes, you do have to eventually go on with you life, but it takes time.....roll eyes (sarcastic)

I know, and I understand that, but a lot of people refuse to move on with their lives and mourn for a ridiculously long time.

Alpha Centauri
I know, and I understand that, but a lot of people refuse to move on with their lives and mourn for a ridiculously long time.

*Raises hand*

Ah yes, over here. So-sorry, sorry but erm...you said "but a lot of people refuse to move on with their lives and mourn for a ridiculously long time." Um...haha, this is so embarassing but I missed the part where the lengths of which people mourn was your problem and/or business.

Point me to this if you could.

-AC

Jedi Priestess

Who are you to say what is a ridiculously long time? People deal with grief in different ways. If this bugs you that much avoid the grieving person until they are done is all you need to do.

tabby999
when my grandmother died, i did the "suck it up" thing, then i felt like shit, so i let it out. got my tattoo to signify the end of my mourning

jedi-kev
What the **** sort of shitty thread is this. hey Ladyluck I think you should mourn this thread after it gets locked.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.