best endings in horror movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

doomsday49
What would you say are some of the best endings in horror films. a couple of my personal favorite is "The Others" and "The Vanishing" the George Sluizer's version.

Cinemaddiction
Scream and Halloween 4 come to mind.

deathbycorn
Dawn of the Dead
Jeepers Creepers
Blair Witch 2
Saw

tpaquin
Hellraiser (and Jesus Wept), Army of Darkness(S-Mart Ending), Zombi(The march on New York), The Thing(The ending).

BaronOBeefDip
I liked the endings to the original Pyscho and Freddy VS Jason.

Wolfie
Hellraiser, AOD, Saw, Candyman, TCM

Cinemaddiction
"Saw" ending was bullshit, IMO. I've held that opinion for the longest time. Very haggard.

BackFire
Se7en, TCM.

Deano
the 'saw' ending was cool i think.

Impediment
Se7en because I NEVER expected anything like that to ever happen. Also, Halloween 1 because of the ending when Loomis shoots the shit out of Myers and then he disappears into the night. "It was the Boogeyman, wasn't it?"

doomsday49
Originally posted by Impediment
Se7en because I NEVER expected anything like that to ever happen. Also, Halloween 1 because of the ending when Loomis shoots the shit out of Myers and then he disappears into the night. "It was the Boogeyman, wasn't it?"

Seven was awesome.

deathbycorn
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
"Saw" ending was bullshit, IMO. I've held that opinion for the longest time. Very haggard. You must like some gay movies then!

Hit_and_Miss
saw was shit......

American physco 1/2... hella funny.... great ending...

beta-wolf_101
The ending of the Exorcist.

Cringe
Originally posted by deathbycorn

Saw

Wow,am I the only one who thinks this could very well be one of the stupidest/dumbest horror movie endings to date?

To jigsaw could stay still for the amount of time that he did and with all that going on(gun shots,yelling,screaming as a man cut his leg off,etc...).
Its just so far-fetched and ridiculous.There attempt to shock the audience just went way too overboard.

In my opinon its a great movie up until the final five minutes.

concreteblond78
While my reply may not lean towards a horror movie, the potential for scary lie in the fact that we have a man who hasn't slept in a year, loses weight to the point of being repulsive and is an all around paranoid. I'm talking about "The Machinist" Mock if you must and I'm sure u must, but that movie had an ending that kicked ass, and I myself never expected.
Drama maybe, thriller quite possible, but for me the fact, or fiction of what the human mind is cabable of is pretty damn scary.

Wolfie
I forgot to mention Se7en.

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
"Saw" ending was bullshit, IMO. I've held that opinion for the longest time. Very haggard.
Yeah, you either love it or hate it, I think.

For every thread on the best or worst ending in a horror movie, there's a debate on Saw's ending.

Cringe
I just feel extra passionate about this ending because I think it had such a good set up that was totally trashed in the last twist of the film.

romper_stomper
although not all horror movies i think the following movies had kick ass endings

the manson family aka charlies family
gods lonely man
taxi-driver
texas chainsaw massacre(original)
cannibal holocaust

doomsday49
The Korean horror movie A Tale of Two Sisters had a good ending as well.

Blue_Butterfly
I just recently watched this movie...The Fly. I don't know if it would really be considered horror or not but it did have a good ending. And House of 1000 Corpses also had a really good ending.

jayy
Blair Witch

Friday The 13th Part 1(The Original and still THE BEST!)

Sleepaway Camp

Underworld

Amityville Horror (The New One)

The Grudge

eek!

WindDancer
NOTLD
Psycho
Haute Tension
The Beyond

Solo
Scream
Se7en
28 Days Later
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
Shaun of the Dead
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Evil Dead 2

tpaquin
Originally posted by doomsday49
Seven was awesome.

It was, but I wasn't a huge fan of the ending. My heart was racing a mile a minute, but when it all actually happened, I thought, "Oh. that was it?"

Kevin Spacey's first appearance in the movie kicked ass, though.

AJAlways
The Ring 1 & 2
Jeepers Creepers 1&2
Final Destination 1&2
Candyman

MetalHeart
Legion of the Dead, the ending was hilarious!!

Susan-Storm
Child's Play 2 Hmph it still is scary but its corny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.