Berserk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tehOTAKU777
Berserk is an often over-looked, yet amazing Anime/Manga. I personally love both, and have gotten several anime haters to love it. it follows the life of Gattsu, the Black Swordsman, and his perils. You see, he is the only creature with a blank slate. he has no destiny, because he was supposed to die in his mothers womb. He can change fate!!

Meki_Nade
yep Berzerk Rocked, a little confusing on the jumping back and foreward in the timeline of the story, but it's damn good, i want his sword too eek!

what's it relativeness with EVA unit 01 other then it's going 'berzerk' ?

tehOTAKU777
umm......thats not eva unit 1......

WindDancer
Best Manga series IMO! Unfortunally is directed mostly for adult readers. Still, I love it! Especially that wicked sword! OOoooh yeah! big grin

SlimYout
Anyone been keeping up? The last volume I read through was 28 and I didn't even finish yet. I noticed that most of the threads here don't have too much "Berserk" in it. So should I make this the Berserk thread? Or are their not enough supporters here to keep it going?

SlimYout
This is truly a great story. Anyone out there who wants a great fantasy tale with real world connections will enjoy this. You really start to sympathize with the characters in the story. So again, *Maximus* IS THERE NO ONE ELSE......eh hem who would like to discuss this great story?

King KAM
all i know is that if they dont hurry up and release that damn season 2 im gonna kill someone!!!!

SlimYout
I know what you mean. I read somewhere that Kentarou Miura (creator) wanted have more story before making the the next season. Even with all the damn chaos Miura says there's supposed to be a "good" ending. I don't know, the Japanese are tricky with how they define things. Guess we have to wait and see.

Darth_Nefarus
I want them to make season 2 as well, but the fact that Skull Knight isn't around, it leaves too many holes.
Hopefully we'll see him in the series if they ever make season 2.

Bardock42
Originally posted by SlimYout
I know what you mean. I read somewhere that Kentarou Miura (creator) wanted have more story before making the the next season. Even with all the damn chaos Miura says there's supposed to be a "good" ending. I don't know, the Japanese are tricky with how they define things. Guess we have to wait and see.

A good ending?...Hahah....kind of impossible, don't you think?

Anyways, great story, great manga...probably my favourite...

Black Adam
Happy Dance

Black Adam
Happy Dance

Kazenji
I've been getting the manga and had the Anime for a while now

So far for the manga i have volumes 1,2,20,21

Katt
I'm getting all jittery waiting for Evil Genius to release chapter 293, Miura seriously needs an art studio. Cause at this rate, i'm prob gonna die before Berserk comes to a conclusion. Even more likely is that he'll die and leave behind and unfinished manga. Sigh

Kazenji
Hey with the anime series was there ever a part where you see Guts gets raped in his tent when he was younger i know its in the manga but was there anything like in the anime ??

Project Jedah
Berserk this is one of the 3 anime/mangas I didn't really care too much for but er body else liked...strange.

Kazenji
Yes Jedah you are strange

Endless Mike
Never seen the anime. I like the manga, though

atv2
Berserk was an awesome series. It was down to Earth. Loved Gutts! His character reminded me of myself. The more I think about it, Berserk makes me think about the woman I love. Love takes Guts!! That's for real!!

TricksterPriest
My only problem was them taking out the supernatural elements in the anime. Especially the Skull Knight. It ruins the continuity and leaves massive plot holes.

Kazenji
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
My only problem was them taking out the supernatural elements in the anime. Especially the Skull Knight. It ruins the continuity and leaves massive plot holes.

Was there even any supernatural elements during Guts's younger years in the manga?

-I've only read chapters 1-6 for the golden age

chithappens
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

You never the manga apparently

dadudemon
Is there a good source that I can go to that has translations of it? onemanga had to remove theirs because another American company bought rights (Dark Horse) and is exacting it's revenge on all the fanslations out there.

I found one called http://www.thespectrum.net/manga_scans/berserk/ they are similar to onemanga but I like onemanga better.

Sado22
Berserk is the best manga ever written. great story, great characters, amazing development and the most unhindered, in your face kinda twists ever seen.....i mean comeon, i seriously need to see something more disturbing than the Eclipse.

i think berserk is pretty underrated for a manga that is easily the best one ever written. I was in hong kong for the anime/manga conventions and i was shocked at the amount of naruto, bleach and one piece crap. and no berserk. not one stall. not one merchandise. damn shame.

that said, miura's a dumbf--k. if he keeps on going on hiatus every other month (@$$holes doing it again now) and he should stop wondering if Berserk stops being the most widely read adult manga every. in fact, i think that's one of the reasons why they've been taking off berserk from almost all the manga online readers: the reader ship is probably going down. I've been loyal to the series since i first started a coupla years ago and now its the only manga i follow. but even I am starting to get ticked off. my only hope is that he atleast makes it all worth it. for the past 4 issues absolutely nothing has happened in terms of action. just yack yack "oh guts, you can't even get a boner without dying of fatigue". we get it already. been seeing it since the last volume. get on with it.

if he's taking his time, fine, just make the ending worth it. make it as revolting, as remembered, as out-of-this-world as the Golden Arc. last thing i want is for a classy manga like Berserk to get the "Monster treatment". if any of you guys remember, monster was probably one of the best animes ever made......until they made the last two episodes that sucked long and hard and turned a ground breaking anime into pure garbage. muira better not do something like that.

~Sado
P.s. in an interview, Muira stated that Berserk is approaching its end. apparently, he wants to work on some new project now.

Sado22
not that many. they just didn't have puck and skull knight shown. its not like they destroyed the storyline. the manga just takes care of it better.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sado22
that said, miura's a dumbf--k. if he keeps on going on hiatus every other month (@$$holes doing it again now) and he should stop wondering if Berserk stops being the most widely read adult manga every. in fact, i think that's one of the reasons why they've been taking off berserk from almost all the manga online readers:

Hopefully he finishes the story before he dies

past 4 issues ?

I'm guessing you mean volumes, I reakon they've been good that Tower of conviction Arc was pretty good and this stuff with the Trolls looks like its gonna be good.

Bardock42
I'm kinda getting bored with it now, it's an excellent Manga, but lately it seems a bit...headless. I hope he gets some direction and...well, finishes the damn thing.

Resplendent
Originally posted by dadudemon
Is there a good source that I can go to that has translations of it? onemanga had to remove theirs because another American company bought rights (Dark Horse) and is exacting it's revenge on all the fanslations out there.

I found one called http://www.thespectrum.net/manga_scans/berserk/ they are similar to onemanga but I like onemanga better.

x_x I am so reading this later on. I watched the anime series, but was disappointed when it ended since it was so abrupt and it left a lot to be explained. Obviously meant to get the watchers to get into the manga, but really, I've never been able to find the book in any store.

And why not, a dancing banana. Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.