Living Tribunal vs. Molecule Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderman
I know Marvel has evolved just like our mutant family. But I'm kinda from the old school of believers where the no - prize wasn't a tool to develope character plots.
In my head Owen Reese is top in the Marvel Universe.
Then there is the Beyonder. To whom marvel is just a pin prick.
I'm really not familar with the one above it all. Sounds pretty strong though.
I sure hope they have him make a limited series.
Anyhow in my head it goes:

Beyonder
Molecule Man
Eternity
Infinity
Living Tribunal
Chaos/Order
Inbetweener
Death
Phoenix
Galactus
Really I'm not even tempted to have Thanos stand underneath this line.
All the Big G has to do is fart and Thanos has got big problemo's.

GalacticStorm
There was a retcon over ten years ago. Molecule man and The Beyonder were depowered as they were changed into both being incomplete parts of a cosmic cube. Their powers and feats were illusions. They rank between the skyfathers (Zeus, Odin, King Thor) and the celestials (who themselves are below Galactus and the abstracts(Eternity, Infinity etc)

GalacticStorm
You know all of that anyway ive seen you around in debates before. Personal opinion really doesnt cut it in the face of comic book events and the handbooks.

long pig
Makes me miss ye olden cosmic days.....of course, I wasn't born yet, but the 70's owned the 90's when it came to publishing cosmic comics.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by long pig
Makes me miss ye olden cosmic days.....of course, I wasn't born yet, but the 70's owned the 90's when it came to publishing cosmic comics.

Indeed.

KillAll
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
There was a retcon over ten years ago. Molecule man and The Beyonder were depowered as they were changed into both being incomplete parts of a cosmic cube. Their powers and feats were illusions. They rank between the skyfathers (Zeus, Odin, King Thor) and the celestials (who themselves are below Galactus and the abstracts(Eternity, Infinity etc)

galactus is NOT on par with a celestial. nothing in 616 says so. i mean nothing. only alternate realities, and at best there is a couple of those. mind telling me anything that says galactus is that powerful??? lol, marvel has officially stated the celestials "constitute the next level of power".

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by KillAll
galactus is NOT on par with a celestial. nothing in 616 says so. i mean nothing. only alternate realities, and at best there is a couple of those. mind telling me anything that says galactus is that powerful??? lol, marvel has officially stated the celestials "constitute the next level of power".

Marvel also states that the celestials are merely the servants of the abstracts created by Eternity to sow genetic potential across 616. Check out Xmen Forever for confirmation.

KillAll
it doesnt change the fact that they are more powerful than galactus. what issue are you talking about?

GalacticStorm
it doesnt change the fact that they are more powerful than galactus. what issue are you talking about?

Issues 6 i believe

Where does it state that they are more powerful than Galactus? At full power he is the balancing force between Eternity and Death. he is bonded with the universal essence. The celestials are cosmic farmers.

While alternate reality appearances arent continuity they at least let you know what Marvel think the characters are capable of.

ImmortalOne
Dude .. gALCTUS is the BROTHER/FATHER/SON of Eternity !!!

And Eternity created the Celestials !!

KillAll
Issues 6 i believe

Where does it state that they are more powerful than Galactus? At full power he is the balancing force between Eternity and Death. he is bonded with the universal essence. The celestials are cosmic farmers.

While alternate reality appearances arent continuity they at least let you know what Marvel think the characters are capable of.

i've posted the news letter several times on the forum, its somewhere... probably in the marvel universe heirarchy thread. balancing force... blah blah blah. universal farmers or not, they would bend galactus over.

and you are saying that all the showings of the celestials being more powerful than galactus, and marvel officially stating that they are more powerful are cancelled out by an issue of x-men??? lol, its funny that you would think that.

GalacticStorm
i've posted the news letter several times on the forum, its somewhere... probably in the marvel universe heirarchy thread. balancing force... blah blah blah. universal farmers or not, they would bend galactus over.

and you are saying that all the showings of the celestials being more powerful than galactus, and marvel officially stating that they are more powerful are cancelled out by an issue of x-men??? lol, its funny that you would think that.

I never said that at all. If you re-read my post you'll see that i asked where marvel has stated this. Im still waiting.

Support yourself with quotes and scans instead of dismissing posts with opinion.

KillAll
its not opinion, and i said i've posted the news letter several times. not to mention the actual showings of celestials IN marvel... whom have done things galactus has failed. not only did they do it, they did it w/ ease... such as making odin/zues/vishnu yeild with a gesture of his hand, while galactus couldnt overcome odin by himself...

ImmortalOne
And you state that while Galan can make beings tougher than Gods !!! (Tyrant, SS)

long pig
Galactus isn't as powerful at Eternity or Death, he is merely as important.

Galactus is forced to stay along the lines of science, the physical....he can't even comprehend some of the things most magic users do.

GalacticStorm
its not opinion, and i said i've posted the news letter several times. not to mention the actual showings of celestials IN marvel... whom have done things galactus has failed. not only did they do it, they did it w/ ease... such as making odin/zues/vishnu yeild with a gesture of his hand, while galactus couldnt overcome odin by himself...

What you forget is that the only time Galactus comes into contact with the heros is when he's about to eat the planet or the planet of one of their allies. Therefore he's in his weakest state.

In alternate realities Galactus has been shown as more powerful than the Celestials. Not continuity but it shows what Marvel think he is capable of under different circumstances.

In his strongest form he's a peer of Eternity and Death and is bonded with Eternitys essence. He has been called the most powerful physical being in the universe.

The celestials have had low showings as well. Their armour has been breached by Thor and IW. Even Jean Grey has broken off one of their hands.

The only time we see Galactus is when he's in his weakest form.

ImmortalOne
YEAH !!! I AGREE GS !!!

TRy pissing off a FULL galan !!!! He'll give ya a new meaning of the word "airhead" ~~~~

BlaqChaos
Pick up a current issue of TOHOTMU: Fantastic Four. It covers Galactus and places him above the Celestials.

olympian
Isent X-Men forever related to the Marvel cartoons?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by olympian
Isent X-Men forever related to the Marvel cartoons?

Youre thinking about Xmen adventures lol

Xmen forever is where the phoenix retcon began, where iceman first started using his powers to their fullest capability, where jugg reformed and where mystique and toad changed in appearrance

olympian
Ah thanks wink

KillAll
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
And you state that while Galan can make beings tougher than Gods !!! (Tyrant, SS)

SS being tougher than "gods"... ? i think you are sorely mistaken. thor has taken SS out with relative ease. odin also. these are only gods to earth. but they are well above ss. i dunno about tyrant, but isnt he supposedly close to galactus?

What you forget is that the only time Galactus comes into contact with the heros is when he's about to eat the planet or the planet of one of their allies. Therefore he's in his weakest state.

what you are forgetting is that galactus will eventually fall to this level. he cant dispose of a celestial.

In alternate realities Galactus has been shown as more powerful than the Celestials. Not continuity but it shows what Marvel think he is capable of under different circumstances.

alot of wierd things happen in ALTERNATE realities. such as the punisher killing the whole universe. or people beating up LT, the cosmic judge of all realities/universes. silly huh?? so are you saying that marvel thinks punisher is capable of wiping out the universe??? lol, doesnt hold much water does it?

In his strongest form he's a peer of Eternity and Death and is bonded with Eternitys essence. He has been called the most powerful physical being in the universe.

been called... but falls well short of showing it. he couldnt even beat the phoenix avatar. let alone a celestial

The celestials have had low showings as well. Their armour has been breached by Thor and IW. Even Jean Grey has broken off one of their hands.

i believe they LET thor and the destroyer pierce thier body. not because it was against there will. they did this to study the destroyer armor. then easily beat it. they also let thor in, so he could be judged. which he proved worthy to live. so they let him. his most powerful attack (the godforce) was barely given notice by a celestial, but sent galactus packing. your own arguements work against you. galactus has had many, many more low showings than a celestial. even then, the most damage that has been cause to 1, is his hand being disentigrated??? which it immediately grew back... lol. galactus has been put down many many times more than that.

The only time we see Galactus is when he's in his weakest form.

galactus wasnt weakened when he couldnt beat the phoenix avatar...

K3VIL
1.A Phoenix Avatar which has access to the PF can use amounts of power the PF itself grant him.So a Phoenix Avatar can beat anyone if the PF decides so.
2.Galactus wasn't owned and showed his own VS a high powered PA.
That's a feat not many can say to have accomplished.
3.Galactus was damaged from GodForce in a REALLY WEAKNED state.
4.GodForce, Destroyer and Mjolnir can hurt Celestials cause the Uru Metal used for the Destroyer armor and for the hammer is a sort of "kryptonite" to Celestials armor.
5.Celestials haven't low showings.A single Celestial took a full power assault from various skyfather and looked at them like they were bees trying to pierce him.
6.Celestials are servants of Eternity, Galactus is practically Eternity "son".He's above them, tough 1 or two hosts of them will stop him.

BobbyD
To be honest, I don't know much about Molecule Man, but I'm easily inclined to say LT would wipe him out fairly easily.

KillAll
Originally posted by K3VIL
.Galactus was damaged from GodForce in a REALLY WEAKNED state.

does it matter what state hes in really??? if he gains more power, does he also gain more durability?? i believe he just funnels more energy. like hulk, he just becomes stronger. he doesnt enhance every ability he has.

4.GodForce, Destroyer and Mjolnir can hurt Celestials cause the Uru Metal used for the Destroyer armor and for the hammer is a sort of "kryptonite" to Celestials armor.

lol, can you be any more wrong??? you have any proof of this?? the godforce was barely even noticed by the celestial. the destroyer armor only pierced the celestial because it let it happen. to study the weapon. then it melted the destroyer to slag. so much for having a weakness to it... and the hammer... same thing. it let thor pierce its armor so it could judge him. either or couldnt do anything to a celestial. if it didnt wish it so.

5.Celestials haven't low showings.A single Celestial took a full power assault from various skyfather and looked at them like they were bees trying to pierce him.

they stopped thier assault w/ a wave of its hand and dismissed them. galactus couldnt even take odin, or asgard. lol. yet somehow hes still as powerful as a celestial. when his whole body cant accomplish what a celestials hand can.

6.Celestials are servants of Eternity, Galactus is practically Eternity "son".He's above them, tough 1 or two hosts of them will stop him.

i believe this is all BS. has marvel officially stated them to be servants of eternity??? nobody knows exactly the role of a celestial. but marvel has officially said the celestial is the more powerful of the 2. they rank alactus power level w/ the freakin stranger...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.