Spike's Dragon Ball 2000 Sign-up thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpikeSpiegel

SpikeSpiegel

Spelljammer
This actually sounds very cool, I like how you've developed the races though personaly for flavour I'd call namekians, saiyans, and majins aliens.. but that's just me.. Perhaps later through exprience and lucky die rolls (I have every dice immaginable and be more then happy to help as assistant game master) we can gain items? Cause I know power sense would have to be a skill require points (I bet you're going to make this where we have to choose skill points or stat points.. which i'm well aware and fond of..) so I'd probably want to save up my money and buy a scouter. If you want, I can also send you some PMs for ideas of alternate races that appear commonly in Dragonball. "Demons" such as Garlic Jr, Dabura, and Pilaf, and "Furries" which were mostly in DB. Kais and androids (all 3 varaints) could also be races but only as npcs.. But here's my character..

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/nes/dbz1/enemies/vegeta.jpg
Splenda.
Sex: Male
Age: 20 years old. Saiyans are always difficult to tell thier age and he's not exactly comfertable with sharing ANY information about himself.
Race: Saiyan.
Attacks: Teleporation kick, Charge.
Splenda has knowledge of the saiyan race but somehow can't find others like him. Because they look just like humans (besides the obvious tail at birth which can be removed) he has to do a blood-test because obviously for social normalities the tail will be removed.. Splenda knows something happens to saiyans during a full moon but doesn't know what because he can never remember. Though he believes it has something to do with these monster attacks there have been sightings of.. Splenda wants to learn as much as he can about his monster transformation so he can manipulate when and if it happens and have a heads up against his corrupt goverment. Splenda hates his job and all the losers who asskiss their way to getting bigger paychecks in it..

DarkDethbringer

Spelljammer
Heh, sounds like"mal-nourished" XD

leana marie

DarkDethbringer
~see! to many Saiyna salready! and no Nameks/humans/majins!!!

Spelljammer
marie should probably be some other race, for one, andrea isn't a very "saiyan" name. most saiyans are named after some type of vegetable, secondly, girl saiyans cannot go super, though i'm more concerned about the oozaru form then super, as I trust the dbz logic of post-Frieza saga that a super saiyan only emerges every 1000 years..

Hence why i named myself Splenda after the artifical sweetner. Splenda is the molecule of a sugar that has the least impact on blood glucose levels, ever notice how the more evil the character, the higher in carbs thier food-name was?

Frieza and his henchmen were named after fruits and snackfoods.
The Ginyu Force dairy products.
Garlic Jr and his mionions.
Pilaf (rice, noticed he stayed evil.)

So in retrospect, i'm a pretty nice guy in comparison. stick out tongue

DarkDethbringer
Females can go Supe Saiyna Pan did and also I agree with that thing on Villains! The King Piccolo saga had instruments! like Tamberine and Flute or osmething... and such it is lame yet funny how they do that!

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah, and that theme of bad guys named after different types of things is going to continue here. I was afraid that I'ld end up with too many sayains, which is why I tried to make them a bit weaker than other races, and give other races more bonus's, but I don't want to over strengthen the other races.

To start off, no-one will be able to become Super sayain, that'll come later, at least towards the end of the first saga, but as it's been over 1000 years since the last regestered super sayain appeared it's not going to be easy.

Maybe I'll give each race a special bonus like:
Human - can start with 3 different moves
Namekian - can regenerate (heal) fully at the cost of 75% Ki energy and 10 speed.
Majin - Can use 'absorb' which costs 10% Ki and 3 Speed, and gives them any one of the targets moves as a bonus.
Sayain - can turn super sayain, but only after extreme trails, tests of character, and getting very powerful. Increases all stats by 5, reverts to normal after recieving 5 fatigue.

And as of over a milenia of inbreeding sayains just look like normal people...as in no tails.....yet shifty ...................................I've got 'big' plans for that wink

Spelljammer, just need your stats. You get 10 points to spend on what you like.

In regard to items, there will be some. You'll get them through the course of the game. Like senzu beans, scouters etc. And as you gain XP you'll level up, allowing you to gain better stats, more move-slots, more same level moves, higher level moves, transformations, more basic attacks etc.

If anyone has any suggestions I'ld be more than happy to hear them, after all a game can't go on without players.

Chaosbark

Spelljammer
Well, sense you're going more after the prior-GT theory where saiyans start losing thier tail but just tend to be stronger overall and can possibly go super, I'll be a majin. I liked the whole mark of the beast type feel to them anyway..

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/nes/dbz1/enemies/vegeta.jpg
Splenda.
Sex: Male
Race: Majin.
Age: 20 years old. Saiyans are always difficult to tell thier age and he's not exactly comfertable with sharing ANY information about himself.
Race: Saiyan.
Attacks: Teleporation kick, Charge.
Special: Absorb Energy.
Stats:
Health: 100.
Ki-25.
Attack-16.
Defence-18.
Speed-16.
Splenda is a psychopathic shaman who use to do body therapy at a new-age herb shop. He would absorb people's ki which would cause them to grow tired and relaxed. What they thought was a theroputic massage was actually Splenda trying to make himself stronger. His absorbtion of energies caused him to begin to hear voices from the devil. Voices that gave him commands on who to fight and hunt down, and how to release the beast. Splenda now has made it his mission to see to the beast's release. And kill anyone who gets in his way..

SpikeSpiegel
Good, I like your back story. I was going to have peoples powers waking up, but I like what you've got your character doing.

Remember peps, whatever your character does will be fit in to the story. Well, maybe not this first saga. It's just sorta a warm up one, return of the need for heroes and the quest for dragonballs, a crazy immortal, super powered cult loon threatening the world. Ya'know, the usual

Chaosbark
~All that and my character has to do illegal street races. Lol. Just messing around with you Spike. This rp sounds like it's going to be good.~

SpikeSpiegel
Cheers, Just gonna wait a couple of days. See if there's any more interest before starting. First saga's going to be called the Leydon Saga. The bad guy and all his top minions are names after cheeses stick out tongue

sayiamon

Spelljammer
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
Cheers, Just gonna wait a couple of days. See if there's any more interest before starting. First saga's going to be called the Leydon Saga. The bad guy and all his top minions are names after cheeses stick out tongue
Glad i'm in this then. My diet consists 80% eggs and cheese.

Not kidding, I can eat like half a dozen eggs or a 1lb of cheese as a energy fuel after workouts. XD

leana marie

Spelljammer
I'm on marie's team! She's a feisty one. wink stick out tongue

sayiamon
Could someone be half {Insert half race here} And half {Insert other half race here}? I mean could you be half of 2 things?

sayiamon
Could they?

leana marie
sure i think so... why not?

DarkDethbringer
could thy what? and why did I not get this much interest for my DBZ rp?

Spelljammer
#1: That would confuse matters.
#2: It's his game, and sense he didn't meation it i doubt it.
#3: Mixing either tends to be increddibly underpowered (half-elf) or far too overpowerd. (Gestalt classes.) so it's best just to leave things as they are..

Spelljammer
Originally posted by DarkDethbringer
could thy what? and why did I not get this much interest for my DBZ rp?
Because people like structure. Dice rolls, stats, health, customization, expirience levels.. people want a sense of progression and character build. Probably more then the storyline itself. Why do you think video game rpgs do so well?

DarkDethbringer
mine does have structure! and stats and definately customizeation!

sayiamon
Yours is good too and this hasn't started yet Darkdethbringer . RIGHT? Or did I miss something?

DarkDethbringer
yeah it has started! you are in the tounament! remember! the story hasent taken off yet though...

sayiamon
I'm talking about THE RPG this form is about.

DarkDethbringer
yeah it has not...

SpikeSpiegel
Right, just got on.

I never actually thought of having half-races, but doing so would mean that you could make a super strong character. So for now, no.

The RP should with any luck start in the next couple of days. I haven't had that much time to read through everyones characters, with work and studying and all that. I'll be able to do that tonight, but everything looks alright at a glance.

And Dark, I'm sure your RP is cool too. I would be playing it except I didn't see it before, and as you're in the middle of a world tournament I can't really jump in, maybe after it's finished or the Narrik saga.

DarkDethbringer
~cool I apreciate it! by the way if you want I can work you into the plot just pm me if you wanna and you could be one of those unknown fighters that no one had seen fight but you don't have to if you dn't wanna~

SpikeSpiegel
OK, everything seems alright. Except for Saiyamon, who needs to choose two lv. 1 moves from the list.

Nyria
(( I want to join but is it possible for me to be an android or another type of alien))

sayiamon

leana marie
ummmm... i didnt know we had nicknames. if we really need one, mine will be andy. if you need a full name then i will think one up if you want, but for now its just andrea

DarkDethbringer
lol I thinkhe meant that as race and it is not a requirement

sayiamon
No, his nickname really is majin.

DarkDethbringer
lol how 'original' and any ways it is not a requirement

SpikeSpiegel
Nope, not a requirement to have nicknames. But feel free to come up with them.

Originally posted by Nyria
(( I want to join but is it possible for me to be an android or another type of alien))

Not currently, although maybe later on I'll add them in.

I should have the intro to the saga up tonight. up tonight.

aristotle

SpikeSpiegel
Finally a human! big grin

And that means you get to choose a third move

SpikeSpiegel
Originally posted by sayiamon
Could I learn attacks I made up later? I just want to Know.

Sorry, missed that earlier. Yeah, I'll develop them, and work out what level to put them in

DarkDethbringer
cool! to bad this guy is really stereo tipical! big grin

leana marie
ok im ready!! my teachers may stike and then i wont have to go back to school!!! so i can play all day!!!

DarkDethbringer
to bad no one else can! like one time I was home sick on the comp and no one was on so I was bored out of my gord!

Spelljammer
I'm always on, I've decided Ronin is the one I'm personaly sending to the next dimension. stick out tongue

leana marie
What the f**k?

SpikeSpiegel
Problem is, you guys are all in the US and I'm in the UK, so that means that you can't play all day stick out tongue

aristotle

aristotle
Well that presents a problem, I'm in South Africa so I only have a 2 hour differens so I guess I'm fine.

SpikeSpiegel
It shouldn't be too bad, it may just take longer to do things.

SpikeSpiegel
This thread will also be used for discussion. I'll update the story again tomorrow morning, or when everyone's posted

Spelljammer
I have a question, will we be making any dice checks? Like for circumstances that could go either or? (Say for instance I'm playing poker to obtain a dragonball, my hand sucks so I have to put on a poker face and bluff so he folds. Would a dice be appropiate to see if they fall for the bluff?)

SpikeSpiegel
It would be, but I'll be controlling where the dragonballs all end up. You'll have to deal with either a mind puzzle or a fight to get them in most circumstances. Remember you're not the only ones after them, and they do look like they could gather quite a bit of cash.

leana marie
so umm dont you think five hundred miles is a bit far? your going to have to help me along spike, im really new at this.

DarkDethbringer
why did you post your chgar again Aristotle or whatev? and also YIn and Yang is not a fighting style

Spelljammer
why did you post your chgar again Aristotle or whatev? and also YIn and Yang is not a fighting style
Yes, it's a philosophy. Though I must admit we ironicaly have the perfect balance of ying/yang between us. For every one yang there is three ying. I've established that scientificaly..

DarkDethbringer
cool I guess I am the Yang?

SpikeSpiegel
Originally posted by leana marie
so umm dont you think five hundred miles is a bit far? your going to have to help me along spike, im really new at this.

Of course, it's no problem. Your first post is fine. True 500 miles is very far, but you're fit enough to ride all that way in under a day. And my next post will probably be you all arriving there, where you can meet up, and find that Dragon Ball.

DarkDethbringer
so am I the more radical guy of the group? or more of can you guys tell?

Spelljammer
Don't worry babe, I'll help ya along. wink

DarkDethbringer
lol and also if no one caught it Narrik is related to Vegeta!

leana marie
isnt spelljammer the greatest! love

Spelljammer
lol and also if no one caught it Narrik is related to Vegeta!
I caught it, I'm just not trying to think about it so I don't meta-game and commit genocide.. stick out tongue

DarkDethbringer
also since I am related to them does that mean I am the New president to Capsule Corp.? because i did not add that but if Ia can can I be the pres.?

DarkDethbringer
well does it!?

Spelljammer
well does it!?
Maybe you could be president of Capsule Coporation..
http://100megsfree4.com/abcsofdbz/gallery/gallicgun.jpg
In the next dimension!

DarkDethbringer

DarkDethbringer
well I thin it does so i am putting it

leana marie
ok you go ahead. you know, the only original sayins that i know are goku and vegeta, are there any more?

Spelljammer
ok you go ahead. you know, the only original sayins that i know are goku and vegeta, are there any more?
King Vegeta.
Bardock.
Raditz.
Nappa.
Bardock's team who's name's escape me.
Brock and Onion. (The two saiyans Tien, Choutzue, Yamcha, Yajoribie, and Krillen fought in the room of space and time with and still lost too..)
Brolly. (If you count movies.)

DarkDethbringer
yep! big grin lus there were thoudsands on PLanet vegeta!

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah you can be the president of capsule corp if you like. I wasn't sure what a guardian of light would do anyway stick out tongue That's why you started in the wild hunting for your lunch like Goku did at the start of Dragon Ball.

DarkDethbringer
cool! I thought the plot was that Zeus SUMMONED ANCIENT warriors to fight not awakened there powers so I was gonna make a Broly type guy

Spelljammer
cool! I thought the plot was that Zeus SUMMONED ANCIENT warriors to fight not awakened there powers so I was gonna make a Broly type guy
I thought it was awaken the first time around. Many of times powers have been awakend throughout DBZ.

Guru..
The Elder Kai..

Immagine if every normal joe had thier power awakend.. or atleast some normal joes who could be intrusted.. kindof like Videl..

DarkDethbringer
wow...that would be cool! I wish the Supreme Kai could empower me!

SpikeSpiegel
The second saga's going to be in the The First New Annual World Tournament (1st NAWT), calling it the New World Tournamenr Saga

Nyria
(( How many characters do we get? Cause for this saga I would like to be a bad guy.))

SpikeSpiegel
Just the one, and unfortuantly you can't be a bad guy in this saga. Although you can be like Vegita was at the start of DBZ, a reluctant sorta anti-hero. Like we seem to have if you look at the saga thread

Jacob
Name:Jacob
Race:half wolf demon half human
apperence:Long black hair hazel eyes muscler 5'7 175
Clothing:a black muscle shirt black pants blue over coat
Sex:male
weapon:Tesiga

health:100
Ki:15
Attack:10
Defense:10
Speed:15

SpikeSpiegel
Originally posted by Jacob
Name:Jacob
Race:half wolf demon half human
apperence:Long black hair hazel eyes muscler 5'7 175
Clothing:a black muscle shirt black pants blue over coat
Sex:male
weapon:Tesiga

health:100
Ki:15
Attack:10
Defense:10
Speed:15

There isn't actually a half-wolf demon. There's only currently - human, namek, sayain and majin, each with their own base stats and bnonus skills. Then you have to choose two (three if you're human) moves.

DarkDethbringer
lets discuss the game here man like well....ummmm ugh who tghinks will get the Dragon Ball first?

leana marie
i will cause im a sweet girl and will con it out of them!!!

DarkDethbringer
lol too bad I will beat it out of em' first!

sayiamon
LOL To bad! I already got it!!! {read all my posts in spikes DB 3000: The leydon saga and you'll see what I mean.}

DarkDethbringer
what do you mean? you don't have it!

SpikeSpiegel
He does, he killed the old guy and stole it. That's why Gorgonzola started wailing on him.

DarkDethbringer
damn! can I kill him?

sayiamon
No, because YOU might have to die{Or be knocked out}.

SpikeSpiegel
Kill who?

Spelljammer
(Darkdeathbringer, saiyoman has something called HP remember? I bet if we team-up we can bash his face in, and steal his dragonball!) wink

leana marie
dont trust spelljammer... hes a con man... and a liar... and im not just saying this because im biased against you spell... im saying it cause thats who your char is...

DarkDethbringer
I wouldn't mind teaming with you for the DBall and then a friendly sparr to see who gets it!

Spelljammer
I wouldn't mind teaming with you for the DBall and then a friendly sparr to see who gets it!
(Sounds like a plan to SpellJammer, heck, you can have the Dragonball. We're a team. SpellJammer just wants to hack n slash.. wink )

Splenda rides his bike over and sees that the other man got away with the Dragonball.. He looks the way of the other fighter and quickly looks away..

You seem strong, tell ya' what.. We teamup, get that "thing" he's holding.. and we'll split the profit 50/50..

Splenda has no idea of the Dragonball's true purpose. Thereby leaving him easily manipulated.. Or does it?

DarkDethbringer
this is th eooc thread dudwe try the otehr one

Spelljammer
..Oh ****, now SpellJammer feels stupid.. laughing out loud

DarkDethbringer
STOP TALKING IN THIRD PERSON!!!

leana marie
lol

DarkDethbringer
I know my sister used to do that and it pissed me off

SpikeSpiegel
Well the aim is that eventually, however reluctantly, you all team up, visit the new guardian, split up to solve different puzzles/fights to get dragonballs, unite, go and fight Leydon. There are a few plot setails Spike's missed out, but he says they're suprises.

Spike must go now, Spike says "Bye"

Sorry dark, Spike couldn't resist stick out tongue

DarkDethbringer
lol

Spelljammer
YOU DIDN'T TELL SPELLJAMMER YOU HAD A SISTER! eek!

DarkDethbringer
I ahve two one is 15 the oither 10 I beileve

Spelljammer
one is 15
eek!

leana marie
omg... cant wait to get this rpg over with... im not gonna quit but its moving very slowly... i blame the fight scenes...

DarkDethbringer
true true lol shes almost 16

Orochimaru

SpikeSpiegel

DarkDethbringer
ok cool night all

Orochimaru

SpikeSpiegel

Orochimaru

Zatch
is it to late to sign up yet?

DarkDethbringer
nope nope bu I think the saga is into it a bit so you would have to jump in there somewhere

Zatch
that fine I was wondering though.

SpikeSpiegel
You can still join, I'll find a way to write you in.

leana marie
you know spelljammer was banned... who will fill this void?

DarkDethbringer
why was he banned?

leana marie
i dont know... hes a jerk maybe? everybody hates him but at the same time half the people love him... odd...

raz said its cause he admits to being a sock but he admitted that ages ago...

DarkDethbringer
lol sock to who?

leana marie
he was big evils sock, and they banned him permanently. then after being banned as SJ they banned his new sock doomsayer.

DarkDethbringer
so hes been banned like three times? damn

SpikeSpiegel
Right....I didn't know that, but thanks for the info I'll sort something out.

And it was him I was waiting for to continue. OK, well I'll take control of him for the rest of the fight, then I'll write him out and write Chan Coop in to take the place of what he was going to do originally.

DarkDethbringer
just an anouncemet I am in great need of characters for my DBZ rpg so please people join in! pm me for plot characters and such

SSJoku7

SSJoku7
oh yeah, also under moves, teleport kick

SSJoku7

DarkDethbringer
anoterh Human! sweet this is better than mine they are the weakest in my rp but no one realsies they have very special potential! so welkcome aboard!

SpikeSpiegel

leana marie
or not... you know... shifty

DarkDethbringer

sayiamon

KillerNinja

DarkDethbringer
you only get two attacks if you are a Majin

KillerNinja
oh than just solar flare and teleport kick

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah that's all OK, I'll write you into the story now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.