war!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthMaul9123
tpm aotc and rots jedi council vs darth sidiouse (tpm aotc and rots anh esb and rotj) dooku (aotc and rots) darth maul, darth vader (Rots is before armour) also his (anh esb and rotj) stages, and darth revan, and finally darth plaguous or whatever

Illustrious
Read the rules.

Darth Faunus
Joy, another '9123 Threading Spree'. . .

Tangible God
WAR! What is it Good for? Absolutely NOTHING!

Say it AGAIN! WAR, unnnggghhh, GOOD GOD Y'ALL!

Veneficus
Originally posted by Tangible God
WAR! What is it Good for? Absolutely NOTHING!

Say it AGAIN! WAR, unnnggghhh, GOOD GOD Y'ALL!

I hate ani-war protesters...we live in a violent world and sitting back doing nothing will never get anything done. Yes Bush might have screwed up...but at least took action instead of sitting on his ass like some damn hippie.

Darth_Frobo
Originally posted by Veneficus
I hate ani-war protesters...we live in a violent world and sitting back doing nothing will never get anything done. Yes Bush might have screwed up...but at least took action instead of sitting on his ass like some damn hippie.

YES!hallelujah finnally someone who agrees with me, man i get enough liberal b.s in canada home of that awful term "political corectness" i don't need it over the internet as well.

Darth Avis
so true. liberal "they totaled the towers but war is never the answer." in 20 days with half the country dead "okay okay i think we might need war. MIGHT."

Darth Traya
War is never a valid answer.

Anyway, we need to lock this thread.

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Darth Traya

True to that.

Darth_Frobo
we definitley need to lock this thread, as for war never being a valid answer my question to you is then how do you deal with an enemy that wants to completely anihilate you and isn't willing to negotiate, war is necessary to make sure more innocents don't get killed, because unless the threat's eliminated then innocent people are always in danger.

overlord
Originally posted by Darth Avis
so true. liberal "they totaled the towers but war is never the answer." in 20 days with half the country dead "okay okay i think we might need war. MIGHT."

Okay, now you have taken the anger of the anonymous forum member upon you.
Yeah sure! Half the F*cking country dead, Wtf??, you have no idea what they were trying to achieve with the attack of the towers..
And George Bush gave the religious extremists exactly what the terrorists wanted; a reason to unite.

The war against Afghanistan was perfectly planned and was so effective that the terrorists plan did not work out as they planned. I can forgive that war but then Iraq was next and that was a total failure and because of that the terrorists still got what they wanted.
Iraq was like Anakin jumping into lava and force choking the one he wanted to save.

Please don't talk politics in my presence again. (everyone else, ignore this)

mad mad2 chair censored cursing nono ranting

Veneficus
Originally posted by Darth Traya

How so? How is war not a valid answer? If China declares War on the US should the US surrender just to avoid war?

overlord
How so? How is war not a valid answer? If China declares War on the US should the US surrender just to avoid war?

Maybe she posted that to annoy you.
Anyway war is for primitive people, and no country will be stupid enough to declare war to America, America threw two f*cking nuclear bombs on Japan, the first as a warning and the second just for testing.
It would be insane to declare war against a whole continent. Especially the US.

Hmm.. Now I'm still talking politics, somebody smack me.

Darth Avis
Originally posted by overlord
Okay, now you have taken the anger of the anonymous forum member upon you.
Yeah sure! Half the F*cking country dead, Wtf??, you have no idea what they were trying to achieve with the attack of the towers..
And George Bush gave the religious extremists exactly what the terrorists wanted; a reason to unite.

The war against Afghanistan was perfectly planned and was so effective that the terrorists plan did not work out as they planned. I can forgive that war but then Iraq was next and that was a total failure and because of that the terrorists still got what they wanted.
Iraq was like Anakin jumping into lava and force choking the one he wanted to save.

Please don't talk politics in my presence again. (everyone else, ignore this)

mad mad2 chair censored cursing nono ranting dude calm down it was a joke. And for the half the country dead thing read the "20 days later" just jokeing calm down

DarthMaul9123
im on a rampage

DarthMaul9123
some people who dont support the war sound like hippies and i could do without their kind if you want to change it all y dont you be president and quit complaining and talking sh!t about bush it may sound biased cause im from texas but that is no reason to be talking sh!t about someone who you no less about him than you do jesus for christ sake (sry lord if i offend you)

DarthMaul9123
Anyway war is for primitive people, and no country will be stupid enough to declare war to America, America threw two f*cking nuclear bombs on Japan, the first as a warning and the second just for testing.

sry about this third in a row thing but she goddamn are you so stupid you cant know that veneficus is obviosly a guy why the hell would a girl come here they think star wars is the gayest thing were i come from

Tangible God
I hate ani-war protesters...we live in a violent world and sitting back doing nothing will never get anything done. Yes Bush might have screwed up...but at least took action instead of sitting on his ass like some damn hippie. (snorts) I'm so right-wing I'm practially fascist, I just saw my oppurtunity for some tunes and flew with it.

Because...I believe I can flyyyy, spread my wings and touch the skyyyyyyy!

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Tangible God
(snorts) I'm so right-wing I'm practially fascist, I just saw my oppurtunity for some tunes and flew with it.

Because...I believe I can flyyyy, spread my wings and touch the skyyyyyyy!

You took my old sig *******. rolling on floor laughing

Tangible God
Lol

Illustrious

It wasn't a "warning" or "testing." Get your history right.

Deus Ex
Well, he's not particularly PC, even for a foreigner.

In any case, everyone drop the war/politics angle before this thread gets nerfed. Okay? okay.

Great Vengeance
China will take over the world, we must act now.

Darth Avis
stop it. we, the americans, will do that. mwa hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Darth Avis
stop it. we, the americans, will do that. mwa hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But in the end...the aliens will destroy us all.

Deus Ex
Americans don't have enough bullets to get all the Chinese. Now drop the subject.

Darth Avis
we have nuclear weapons, and aww you're right lets drop the subject.

Great Vengeance
So what did you guys think about the holocaust?

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
So what did you guys think about the holocaust?

I'm thinking you need to drop the subject. It's not appropriate, and certainly not in this section of the forum.

Lord Simus
How about you be quiet you are a disgrace to this board.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Deus Ex
I'm thinking you need to drop the subject. It's not appropriate, and certainly not in this section of the forum.

eek!

Darth Avis
im jewish and if you thought there was any good during the holocaust then you are an anti semestic biatch

Great Vengeance
Exactly, it was a tragedy.

Darth Avis
yea but what did you think? someone would say "it was so awesome" they would be reported and banned. Or did you think 30 pages of "it sucked" would appear?

Great Vengeance
I was hoping for discussion on the moral implications of it.

Deus Ex
Try another section.

And it was morally wrong. There are no shades of grey were genocide is concerned.

Great Vengeance
Your right janus lets get back to star wars wtf was I thinking. rolling on floor laughing

Admiral Akbar
what star wars? what is thread about anyway?

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
what star wars? what is thread about anyway?

Its about how lord cidious kicks everyones ass.

Deus Ex
lmao!

I made this earlier for you, I think

overlord
Damn.. The comments I got were so stupid I almost cried..

(And Illustrious I know they threw the second bomb because Japan didn't respond to the order to surrender soon enough, like Japan wouldn't have surrendered at all after that massacre. It was just like a little kid testing his new toys, I view that second bomb as totally unnecessary.
But I shouldn't talk about it with you guy's because I don't know what kind of gay ass propaganda you have read, but believe me, there are other way's to force a country to stop their war against you instead of killing hundred and thousands of people who have nothing to do with it.)

So is this thread legal now?

Fishy
Your still off topic stick out tongue

overlord
Okay, the whole jedi council versus Darth Sidious, Dooku, Anakin, Darth Maul and Darth Revan right?
Death to the council is what I'd say?

Fishy
Yeah probably....

Darth_Frobo
yeah, I'm itching to continue the conversation and remind you that errorists do not negotiate and that they want americans dead no if ands or buts but for the sake of not turning this forum into a crapwhole of epic proportions the council gets owned, all the jedi except mace,yoda,(LS)ani and obi would get anhilated with ease, darkside ani owns lightside,dooku owns mace, sids owns obi like a nub and then revan barely triumphs over yoda.

Deus Ex
Damn.. The comments I got were so stupid I almost cried..

(And Illustrious I know they threw the second bomb because Japan didn't respond to the order to surrender soon enough, like Japan wouldn't have surrendered at all after that massacre. It was just like a little kid testing his new toys, I view that second bomb as totally unnecessary.
But I shouldn't talk about it with you guy's because I don't know what kind of gay ass propaganda you have read, but believe me, there are other way's to force a country to stop their war against you instead of killing hundred and thousands of people who have nothing to do with it.)

So is this thread legal now?

First off, stfu. I don't want to hear your out-of-country negativism, and I don't think anyone else does either. It's not appreciated nor wanted.

Second, the bomb was amoral. No one's contesting this. No one in their right mind should. But the bomb of sixty years ago shouldn't stain the hands of average Americans today. If you want to get that petty, I can start digging up dirt about your countries past. Actually, I can think of something already that is incredibly inhumane and equal in bad taste and moral judgment if not in total desctruction.

Third, show some respect. No one is bashing your country. But everyone fumbles all over themselves to get a hit in on America, despite that fact that you're probably using half a dozen or so products on any given day that are either from here or originated here. If you honestly think that every American is what -you- are told (That is, some fat, arrogant, ignorant war hungry bastard who only knows American history and barely that, etc.) you are horribly off-base. This would be like saying that every Chinese person is a willing Communist, or that every British person has tea at tea time. It's a poor generalization and generalizations are lazy grouping done by an uninformed, lazy mind.

So yeah, drop it. And that goes for EVERYONE on this off-topic nonsense. Last time we had an international dispute, it got a decent thread closed.

Tangible God
That's tellin 'em!

Admiral Akbar
First off, stfu. I don't want to hear your out-of-country negativism, and I don't think anyone else does either. It's not appreciated nor wanted.

Second, the bomb was amoral. No one's contesting this. No one in their right mind should. But the bomb of sixty years ago shouldn't stain the hands of average Americans today. If you want to get that petty, I can start digging up dirt about your countries past. Actually, I can think of something already that is incredibly inhumane and equal in bad taste and moral judgment if not in total desctruction.

Third, show some respect. No one is bashing your country. But everyone fumbles all over themselves to get a hit in on America, despite that fact that you're probably using half a dozen or so products on any given day that are either from here or originated here. If you honestly think that every American is what -you- are told (That is, some fat, arrogant, ignorant war hungry bastard who only knows American history and barely that, etc.) you are horribly off-base. This would be like saying that every Chinese person is a willing Communist, or that every British person has tea at tea time. It's a poor generalization and generalizations are lazy grouping done by an uninformed, lazy mind.

So yeah, drop it. And that goes for EVERYONE on this off-topic nonsense. Last time we had an international dispute, it got a decent thread closed.

Such Inspiration!! bravo

overlord

So we are going to go on with this..
I am not bashing countries I was merely replying to paranoid idea's of America getting destroyed and I hate it that everybody I meet on the internet is so pro-war. I don't know what all these people hear on television but I don't like it.
But why are you accusing me of saying I blame the American people, so I don't like the presidents throwing bombs wich 50% of the time are unnecessary, I honestly am not accusing you nor any citizens of America!
So please don't bash me by assuming that I am generalizing, I can forgive you if you missinterpret my post or read them half but please stop posting half a page full of accusations everytime you get angry.

Please don't get mad now because I had to defend myself, you would do the same if you were accused of 'racism'.

Fishy
Actually Janus you would be surprised, the media here gives an image of America that is far more pro America then anti America, or fair... We hear more good news about the US all the bad news I have to hear from forums and crap like that. Or independed sites that have nothing to do with the major news sources here...

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Fishy
Actually Janus you would be surprised, the media here gives an image of America that is far more pro America then anti America, or fair... We hear more good news about the US all the bad news I have to hear from forums and crap like that. Or independed sites that have nothing to do with the major news sources here...

Well, I'm just sick of hearing the crap. I don't care if it's aimed personally or not, if you want to ***** about bombs, then prepare to hear a long and endearing history lesson from me.

News flash, Overlord.

100% of all bombs dropped are unneccessary!

This includes Japan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Berlin, etc.

Hell, more bombs were dropped during the Vietnam war than WWII by the Americans. I don't see you crying about those.

Fishy
Well, I'm just sick of hearing the crap. I don't care if it's aimed personally or not, if you want to ***** about bombs, then prepare to hear a long and endearing history lesson from me.

News flash, Overlord.

Hell, more bombs were dropped during the Vietnam war than WWII by the Americans. I don't see you crying about those.

Three reasons for that:

1.) He didn't live back then so it doesn't really concern him
2.) Its history far less important to most people then whats going on now
3.) Vietnam survived.

overlord

News flash, Overlord.

That is because I was not complaining about America, and because you obviously didn't read this thread right I will sum it up for you.
There were these paranoid messages of China attacking America and I responded rather heavily upon it and reminded that America forced Japan to end their war against America and that is why no country will be stupid enough to do it (not even Korea can probably stand a chance against america) but it wasn't an attack towards America and certainly not the people who live there.
Then this illustrious picked one word out of the entire message and everybody starts to get angry for no reason and I explained why I didn't like the second bomb, then suddenly you went insane and started to accuse me of all kind of shit I don't deserve..

Luckily you were able to pick out one word like illustrious wich were percentage, wow, so 100% is stupid.. Why did you even get angry?
Anyway since you didn't bother to respond to the rest of my message I must conclude that you agreed.
Sorry for this long message, I hope the confusion is now lifted and that none of the shit I got was deserved.
thumb up

exanda kane
geeze your starting another Cold War right here...and please any 'pro-war' americans please stop talking about your war-mongering, your in a Star Wars forum so you must be all geeky and talk about Star Wars...

Anyways you could say that nowadays America is the Galactic Empire and the terrorists and insurgence (most of which became one becos of the unjust war on Iraq) see themselves as the Rebel Alliance, if that isnt too patronising for you...

flame me if you will but you'd just end up regretting it when you realise that your living in the most hated country (if your US that is) in the world right now...

Deus Ex
Three reasons for that:

1.) He didn't live back then so it doesn't really concern him
2.) Its history far less important to most people then whats going on now
3.) Vietnam survived.

1- History concerns everyone. If only the present mattered, why have a conscious mind?

2- Seemingly, yes. People nowadays don't use books and oral recitations as learning centers. They have multimedia, which is for morons.

2- So did Japan and Iraq.

Deus Ex
That is because I was not complaining about America, and because you obviously didn't read this thread right I will sum it up for you.
There were these paranoid messages of China attacking America and I responded rather heavily upon it and reminded that America forced Japan to end their war against America and that is why no country will be stupid enough to do it (not even Korea can probably stand a chance against america) but it wasn't an attack towards America and certainly not the people who live there.
Then this illustrious picked one word out of the entire message and everybody starts to get angry for no reason and I explained why I didn't like the second bomb, then suddenly you went insane and started to accuse me of all kind of shit I don't deserve..

Luckily you were able to pick out one word like illustrious wich were percentage, wow, so 100% is stupid.. Why did you even get angry?
Anyway since you didn't bother to respond to the rest of my message I must conclude that you agreed.
Sorry for this long message, I hope the confusion is now lifted and that none of the shit I got was deserved.
thumb up

You're probably right. I may have taken your words a little too seriously and a little out of context, and I apologize. The rant I gave should have been directed at Exanda Kane here, who is apparently suffering from neo-Anti-Americanism. Six words for you, Kane: Better us than the Soviet Union.

Fishy
1- History concerns everyone. If only the present mattered, why have a conscious mind?

2- Seemingly, yes. People nowadays don't use books and oral recitations as learning centers. They have multimedia, which is for morons.

2- So did Japan and Iraq.

1.) It should, it doesn't.. A lot of people don't care.
2.) Have to agree.
3.) WWII Japan did not, Iraq as it used to live did not, and some wars can be justified easier then others to most people...

But still leaves the most important part, he wasn't around when the bombs fell so he had no idea on the impact. A history book just doesn't do it for most people. Unfortunally

Deus Ex
1.) It should, it doesn't.. A lot of people don't care.
2.) Have to agree.
3.) WWII Japan did not, Iraq as it used to live did not, and some wars can be justified easier then others to most people...

But still leaves the most important part, he wasn't around when the bombs fell so he had no idea on the impact. A history book just doesn't do it for most people. Unfortunally

True enough. But he wasn't around for WWII either. No one on this board knows the true horror of either the Hiroshima bomb, the Vietnam era air strikes and napalm, the shelling in WWI in the trenches... none of it. We can poo-poo the immorality of it all yeah, but we have to concede that ALL such acts of destruction are immoral and worthy of note, not just what the US does. I'm not giving US sainthood by any means (And if some of you knew just how unpopular here the war in Iraq is, it might surprise you. I'm working alongside a nineteen year old who's husband is in Iraq. It's pointless) but if you're gonna make a point, use a broader range of examples.

I mean, when people talk of massacres, the Nazis spring up instantly to mind. The majority of the reason for this is mass media and propaganda. No one really brings up other massacres, like Alexander's massacers throughout Greece and Asia Minor, Attila the Hun's wake of destruction. Other massacres, such as Sand Creek massacre and various massacres in Africa thanks to imperial powers... etc. There are literally over a hundred different major massacres in history, and yet the only one that gets significant attention (easily hundreds of books, movies, documentaries, etc.) is the Holocaust. It's not unique in ways of genocide either, since genocides have existed since the ancient times.

Really, it's just cultural and historical laziness to cite the most obvious examples and leave the others unattended.

Fishy
True enough...

exanda kane
look u dicks, cant you bloody see that the worlds not black and white! (this is not at fishy :P) just because im pointing out the fact that america is the most hated country in the world does not make me a communist...

and im totally sick of the 'better us than the soviet union' joke...wow! how did you work out that a liberal (supposedly) nation is better than a ruthless dictatotship...you must be quite intelligent for an american...

Deus Ex
Originally posted by exanda kane
look u dicks, cant you bloody see that the worlds not black and white! (this is not at fishy :P) just because im pointing out the fact that america is the most hated country in the world does not make me a communist...

and im totally sick of the 'better us than the soviet union' joke...wow! how did you work out that a liberal (supposedly) nation is better than a ruthless dictatotship...you must be quite intelligent for an american...

Reported.

Keep your hatred and narrow-mindedness to yourself.

Veneficus
geeze your starting another Cold War right here...and please any 'pro-war' americans please stop talking about your war-mongering, your in a Star Wars forum so you must be all geeky and talk about Star Wars...

Anyways you could say that nowadays America is the Galactic Empire and the terrorists and insurgence (most of which became one becos of the unjust war on Iraq) see themselves as the Rebel Alliance, if that isnt too patronising for you...

flame me if you will but you'd just end up regretting it when you realise that your living in the most hated country (if your US that is) in the world right now...

Tell that to 911 victoms you little prick...

Fishy
Great....

Okay a few things, he is right. At this point in time the US is the most hated country in the world. No matter what you did in the past what Bush is doing today is pushing the limits for many people. Now this happens with superpowers and you can hardly blame the American people for that. Its not their damn fault, well not all of them.

Fact is however people saying things like the things you two are saying right now will not improve any situation. If you don't like peopel to critize the US (which I can understand) then really you should never enter discussions like this. Fact is that the US is at this time the biggest power in the world. That means you get more attention then any other country, good or bad attention. That also means you are discussed more then any other country. Take the GDF for instance almost everything America does deserves a topic and if its not about something America does then its ussually about something in America.

Now this isn't strange, but really one should not complain when they get all the negative attention as well. We can critize the Romanian government for not helping its people fast enough after the floods but the Romanian government just isn't important enough. And I wouldn't be surprised if most people here didn't know where it is, let alone stand who its president is and if you know both you get an extra plus for being to spell it stick out tongue

Fact is however with the importance that is put on America its going t get a lot of attention and we all know what happens with people that get a lot of attention they are going to become hated and arrogant. At first everybody will think its all great then everybody will hate it and then there will be a middle way.

Maybe not justified but its just the way it is. Price you pay for being powerful. It has always been like that, nothing you can do about it. History will proof if the US of today is a good thing or not.

Deus Ex
No, Fishy... the point is this discussion doesn't have a place here, and neither does bashing. When I get a "omg u dickhead" post from someone trying to tell me how my country really is, that person can **** off. Period.

And this topic is done.

Fishy
Okay you do have a point there.

exanda kane
yet again Fishy is right... c'mon you can slam my country for all the terrible things that Britain has done 9and there is alot believe me) and i wont try and come up with 'clever' little one liners - if you wanna get all 911 you can but I could say the US sponsership of the IRA - I wuld prefer to keep that card under the table but it seems ive just used it,

and i started the thread telling the gun tooting people to quiten down but as i said im also open to criticism so ...what was the rel point of this thread again...

Deus Ex
yet again Fishy is right... c'mon you can slam my country for all the terrible things that Britain has done 9and there is alot believe me) and i wont try and come up with 'clever' little one liners - if you wanna get all 911 you can but I could say the US sponsership of the IRA - I wuld prefer to keep that card under the table but it seems ive just used it,

and i started the thread telling the gun tooting people to quiten down but as i said im also open to criticism so ...what was the rel point of this thread again...

Us sponsership of the IRA. Wow. This has exactly -what- to do with my people? You think we all took a big vote and said "omfg let's sponser IRish terrorists so they can blow up cars and buses". Seriously... stfu. Every major country's government have backstabbed people to one degree or another. Hell, the Russians bought supplies off of the Italians using aviation fuel as bargaining chips and the Italians turned around and used it to sponsor the opposing side (to the Russian backed side) in the SPanish civil war shortly before WWII. Russians gased up half of the planes that attacked their backed forces. Governments make stupid mistakes all the time. So seriously... wtf did your statement have to do with anything, other than to perpetuate hate mongoring?

Ushgarak
Ok, this thread has gone beyond a joke. I am issuing a warning to everyone who has made political statements in here.

If there is ANY more politics in the Star Wars areas, then the perpetrators will face bans.

And a particualr warning to Exanda, who was making flames as well. Cut this kind of thing RIGHT out.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.