You Want Some Real Horror???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eraserhead
Sam Raimi is remaking The Evil Dead Starring:

http://www.wvah.com/programs/that70sshow/ashtonkutcher.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

O

O

O

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Cinemaddiction
Not too concerned, personally. His only "real" movie where he was placed in a serious/dramatic role, being "The Butterfly Effect", I think he pulled it off without a hitch. Besides, it's been established that "Ash" isn't a character in the movie.

If all this does come to fruition, and what I mean by that is, hearing it from a source other than IMDB, I'd be glad to speculate furthur.

Wolfie
I agree with C-Dic on that one. He was great in Butterfly Effect.

MildPossession
Still think Justin Theroux would be a perfect casting.

I didn't think much of the above guy in The Butterfly Effect, nothing special imo, same about the film.

Eraserhead
The Butterfly Effect was garbage and so was Ashton's so called "acting". Didn't impress me the slightest. This is horrible and will somebody please blow up hollywood so we don't have to hear about a new remake every five minutes. I can only hope this wont happen (the remake), but I'm sure it will since Hollywood wants to pack theaters with 13-15 year old teens.

Pretty soon they'll be remaking remakes.

b-dan
i hate sam rami!!!!!!!!! the only good films hes mad are siderman 1-2 and the first darkman movie other than that he suxs and ashton kutcher wtf we are all dead i hate when they remake classicd like the birds thats gonna suck i have a bad fealing about that movie and this godforsaken movie to

Wolfie
Originally posted by b-dan
i hate sam rami!!!!!!!!! the only good films hes mad are siderman 1-2 and the first darkman movie other than that he suxs and ashton kutcher wtf we are all dead i hate when they remake classicd like the birds thats gonna suck i have a bad fealing about that movie and this godforsaken movie to
I'll assume you left out the Evil Dead trilogy because it's a given.

b-dan
o yea

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by b-dan

Yeah, "A Simple Plan" was garbage. roll eyes (sarcastic)

****ing clueless.

tpaquin
When I read the title, I expected some preachy diatribe on what "real" horror movies are, but was instead treated to a nice laugh.

Thanks, Eraserhead. Your thread cause me to laugh out loud.

And I'm disgusted by Raimi's choice, as well.

BaronOBeefDip
If this is true, then I have but one thing to say....

WHY, SAM RAIMI, WHYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!

BackFire
1. Sam Raimi isn't "making" it. He has nothing to do with it, other then making the original.

2. This is just another pointless, shitty and generic horror remake that are oh so trendy these days, they could have done worse (though not by much) then ashton kutcher, of course, they could have done a lot better as well.

3. He's not playing ash, the character of Ash isn't in the remake from what I've heard, because no one would be able to be that character again after we've seen the master, bruce cambell, in that roll.

4. The movie will suck.

BaronOBeefDip
Yes, indeed, the movie will suck. I wonder if remakes are a sign of the Apocalypse.

tpaquin
Originally posted by BackFire
1. Sam Raimi isn't "making" it. He has nothing to do with it, other then making the original.

2. This is just another pointless, shitty and generic horror remake that are oh so trendy these days, they could have done worse (though not by much) then ashton kutcher, of course, they could have done a lot better as well.

3. He's not playing ash, the character of Ash isn't in the remake from what I've heard, because no one would be able to be that character again after we've seen the master, bruce cambell, in that roll.

4. The movie will suck.

Raimi and B-Dawg Campbell are executive producers. Like Spieldberg was on Jurassic Park 3, and Burton was on Batman Forever, as well as Nightmare Before Christmas. This could me a lot, or nothing at all, depending on how they choose to handle the arbirtrary title of EP.

Let us recall that the pair of B-Dawg and Raimi were also executive producers on The Grudge.

Hmph.

Eraserhead
Originally posted by BackFire

He's writing the screenplay and I heard he's also going to be the producer.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by tpaquin
Raimi and B-Dawg Campbell are executive producers. Like Spieldberg was on Jurassic Park 3, and Burton was on Batman Forever, as well as Nightmare Before Christmas. This could me a lot, or nothing at all, depending on how they choose to handle the arbirtrary title of EP.

Let us recall that the pair of B-Dawg and Raimi were also executive producers on The Grudge.

Hmph.

Well, Tim Burton WROTE "NMBC", which doesn't make his EP title as lowly as that of Raimi's in "The Grudge". Raimi's tag in "The Grudge" only means that his company distributed it here in the States. BTW, Campbell had nothing to do with "The Grudge".

BTW, you guys may wanna research before you get all hot and bothered: Ashton in Evil Dead Rumour Debunked

BD rips IMDB

Like I said, **** IMDB.

tabby999
but its IMDB! it might come get me if i refuse its MIGHTY POWER!

tpaquin
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Well, Tim Burton WROTE "NMBC", which doesn't make his EP title as lowly as that of Raimi's in "The Grudge". Raimi's tag in "The Grudge" only means that his company distributed it here in the States. BTW, Campbell had nothing to do with "The Grudge".

BTW, you guys may wanna research before you get all hot and bothered: Ashton in Evil Dead Rumour Debunked

BD rips IMDB

Like I said, **** IMDB.

Burton did not actually write NBC, he just developed the characters and very basic story in a poem.

and that felt like malarky, anyways, but I trusted imdb.

BaronOBeefDip
Don't trust IMDb. They have posted somewhere that there's a third Secret Of NIMH movie. And, in reality, there isn't a third movie (Unless someone can prove to me that there is)! Just shows how reliable the website is....NOT!

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by tpaquin
Burton did not actually write NBC, he just developed the characters and very basic story in a poem.

and that felt like malarky, anyways, but I trusted imdb.

He created the characters and the entire story. He WROTE the movie. He didn't do the screenplay, which most writer/directors don't do anyway, which doesn't take away from the fact that Tim Burton himself penned the entire NMBC storyline, characters, settings, etc.

Don't quite see how what Burton did in NMBC is anything other than being the father of the entire project, having written and produced every aspect.

tpaquin
I don't seem to recall reading anything other than Burton writing the premise, but since I have no interest in validating your information, I'll assume that you are correct.

b-dan
ya tim didnt direct it if he did he would of made monkey bone which he didnt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.