Hitman (Tommy Monaghan) vs. Deathstroke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Orestes
I seem to like Deathstroke fights. stick out tongue

Actually, I just like this one because both characters proved themselves to be more than Batman's equal ... or at the very least, both have a strong (winning) record against the Bat.

And I'm trying to satisfy certain people by posting fresh fights, even though I'm sure they'll be mostly ignored. wink

long pig
Slade's mind is too complicated for Hitman to read (Which is how Hitman did so well against Batman if I remember correctly) because of the truth drug & superhuman brain.

His x-ray vision won't do much here...

Deathstroke gets shot, shoots back...Hitman dies.

Orestes
Well, it was that and the X-ray vision. Kinda hard to sneak up on a guy who's watching you sneak through a wall ...

But I don't recall specifically that there was any reason why a mind was too "complicated" to read. Tommy even got into Etrigan's mind just fine (although the demon DID make him pay for that one wink ), and I doubt Slade's mind is very much more complicated than that of an essentially immortal entity.

Not to mention he seemed to be able to rip through minds with speed and ease, considering how quickly and easily he got information on how Green Lantern's ring works and on the incantation to call Etrigan.

Please explain how a mind is "too complicated" to read?

long pig
From what I remember, Slade was highly resistant to TP. Grodd and MM had trouble breaking his psi wall. I believe MM mentioned his mind being too clouded by a fog of lies to read. I think it had something to do with the super soldier serum Slade has taken.

Something to that effect.

Does Hitman have healing?

Orestes
Huh. Very interesting. wink

I guess if what you're saying is true, then that would probably make mind-reading too difficult to do. However, Tommy's telepathy would still give him an edge insofar as he would be extremely difficult to sneak up on (it has been shown to work passively, too, and allow him to pick up stray thoughts from nearby people without trying to) from behind. And of course, sneaking up on him using cover is essentially impossible when he uses his X-ray vision.

So I guess the way it works out is that in an area with lots of cover, Tommy has some kind of chance, but just out in the open ... not so much. That's how I'm reading this.

And no, he didn't have a healing factor or anything like that. X-ray vision, telepathy ... a hell of a fast draw ... that's it. wink

long pig
I usually visualize these fights, unless stated otherwise, as both fighters being oblivious at who they are going into a fight with. They are dropped into a space of unlimited flat area in bloodlust mode.
erm heh something like that anyway.

But, yeah, I'd give Slade 8/10.

Orestes
Originally posted by long pig
I usually visualize these fights, unless stated otherwise, as both fighters being oblivious at who they are going into a fight with. They are dropped into a space of unlimited flat area in bloodlust mode.
erm heh something like that anyway.

But, yeah, I'd give Slade 8/10.

Using the scenario you described? I tend to agree. That scenario emphasizes all of Deathstroke's advantages while simultaneously rendering irrelevant all of Hitman's. So it's a no-brainer.

Mider
if MM cant read his mind i dont think tommy could and he's to fast for getting hit by his bullets.

Sea King
aquaman knocked the hell out of deathstroke big grin im sorry i am i just could not healp my self

anyways this is hard one to call (for me anyways)

Mider
yeah and deathstroke once droped a building on aquaman big grin

Sea King
Originally posted by Mider
yeah and deathstroke once droped a building on aquaman big grin
aquaman beat him blindedbig grin

Mider
deathstroke is still pretty bad butt for a guy who is not meta human he beats them, if he had his equiptment he'd take him out with a meta bomb or his staff would work

Sea King
deathstroke is still pretty bad butt for a guy who is not meta human he beats them, if he had his equiptment he'd take him out with a meta bomb or his staff would work
well untill then aquaman has beat him and might i add blinded once again big grin

Mider
he could beat him, and aquamans tk wouldnt work

Sea King
he could beat him, and aquamans tk wouldnt work

he dident use it he just grabed deathstrocks leg when he kicked and slammed him backwards like a rag doll against the wall ko'ed him for the win

Sea King
all and he did have tec thats how he blinded aquaman

Mider
that was dumb of slade to fight him h2h that really is dumb he should have used his tech

Warmonger
Uh hate to rain on your Parade Sea King but the Slade Aquaman fought had lost his powers during that story arc. Including his enhanced strenght and reflexs not to mention that aquaman had the help of Hal Jordan who slade punked that issue.

So Aquaman couldn't catch a regular albeit, extreemly highly trained, man who rather than shoot him while he was blinded shot the building down so he could escape, even with the help of a Green Lantern.

Sea King
Originally posted by Warmonger
Uh hate to rain on your Parade Sea King but the Slade Aquaman fought had lost his powers during that story arc. Including his enhanced strenght and reflexs not to mention that aquaman had the help of Hal Jordan who slade punked that issue.

So Aquaman couldn't catch a regular albeit, extreemly highly trained, man who rather than shoot him while he was blinded shot the building down so he could escape, even with the help of a Green Lantern.

well gl dident help aquaman beat him when it went down at the end aquaman was the one who cought his leg and tossed him backwards and fought him in the wearhouse alone and just so you know aquaman has a sonar sence so he would be kind of like dd in any fight while blinded

Warmonger
Yes but Green Lantern helped him find and spot him and breifly capruted slade and litterally dropped him right into Arthur's lap. I don't know about Soanr I know he has really good hearing and can see like a cat in the dark. Yet even without power Slade still held his own.

Sea King
Yes but Green Lantern helped him find and spot him and breifly capruted slade and litterally dropped him right into Arthur's lap. I don't know about Soanr I know he has really good hearing and can see like a cat in the dark. Yet even without power Slade still held his own.

look it dont look like he held his own to me

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/PhotoMaster_01/aquaman07.jpg

Warmonger
aren't you going to show the next page?
shifty
After all that scan is pretty out of context.

Sea King
aren't you going to show the next page?
shifty
After all that scan is pretty out of context.

have anything to do with this tread no.
out of context maybe
cool yes

and you forgot the levrage big grin laughing

Warmonger
notworthy
Damn your right!.
That must tbe why Slade just bounced off he didn't have any leverage.
laughing

Mider
should have used tech his sword or something thats CIS

Grimm22
Deathstroke takes this no expression

long pig
should have used tech his sword or something thats CIS
No. If Slade would have had his sword, AM would have lost a head. Slade basically beating AM in that comic was a great feat seeing he just beat like 10 other superhumans in a row two minutes earlier and he was nearly dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.