The will to live.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spelljammer
Me and mom debated this long and hard and have time and time again. Do human beings "naturaly" have the will to live and the urge to survive?

Mom thinks it's mental depression that causes me to say no. There is no sacred value to life. Only the actions in which they do. If people do good actions, they are invariably more useful to good karma, therfore they should live. For the betterment of the universe.

But there's no reason in itself to live. Atleast not for me. I would kill myself right now, I have no significant impact on anybody's life, but, not being an idiot. I know death isn't as easy as the media would have you believe. I could very easily end up in a horribly worse situation then death by becoming a vegetable. Wether the car didn't do me justice and just crushed my bones, or the insulin just caused part of my brain to shutdown, there are things far worse then death to have to endure. And frankly, I've always hated gambeling..

So what do you think? Do you think naturaly human beings have the will to live? That deep inside thier core it's imbended to find a way to survive? Or do you believe that's a load of crap, and that people only live day by day either by wants and deires, or fear of something worse waiting for them???

Alpha Centauri
A magnum to the head isn't a gamble, if you wanna kill yourself, do it.

I personally live because I might as well, there are things in this world I love dearly which enhance my existance.

I have a will not to go and get run over just because I enjoy what I'm doing.

-AC

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
A magnum to the head isn't a gamble, if you wanna kill yourself, do it.

Are you joking or just retarded? Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a gun?

First you have to get a liscence. Or atleast find someone willing to sell you one, then you have to buy bullets, that's extra.

And let's assume I could do all that, with what money? You can't even kill yourself for free these days. What a country.. I blame ignorance like this for that..

BackFire
Yes, all creatures with a healthy psyche and mentality have the natural instinctual urge to survive.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Spelljammer
Are you joking or just retarded? Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a gun?

First you have to get a liscence. Or atleast find someone willing to sell you one, then you have to buy bullets, that's extra.

And let's assume I could do all that, with what money? You can't even kill yourself for free these days. What a country.. I blame ignorance like this for that..

Me: A magnum to the head isn't a gamble, if you wanna kill yourself, do it.

Your post doesn't disprove this. If you wanted to kill yourself, it wouldn't matter if it was for free or not. It's seriously not like you're gonna kill yourself and then, with brains on the wall behind you, say; "F*ck, how am I gonna explain to my mom where the cash in her purse went?! F*CK! What if she sees the gun shop bill!?" You'd be dead. If you wanted to die so badly, it'd be a small and irrelevant price to pay. "I can't commit suicide because I can't afford to." Considering some people commit suicide because they're broke, I'm gonna step onto the ledge (no pun intended) and conclude that you've not thought about this enough.

You don't want to kill yourself as urgently as you claim, quite clearly. You're just someone who says they do and has a ready made excuse at the ready to explain why they don't. When I seriously doubt that you'd do it if I polished a 12 gauge and handed it to you.

-AC

finti
if we hadnt we would have died out long time ago

botankus
I know this is off topic, but I didn't want to start another thread, but I am getting hammered by popups today while on KMC. What happened? I thought I had a good blocker but maybe KMC finally blew up my firewall.

I guess maybe it has something to do with the "Will to Live," or it will soon if I can't get them to stop.

jaden101
the will to live only becomes apparent when you are put in a situation where you have to fight to survive...there have been accounts of people who had never learned to swim yet have survived and escaped drowning in floods, ships sinking etc...thats the power of the will to live

as for the suicide...cant afford a gun...try a train track...its free and its garaunteed death...although i could tell you some facts about what happens and you probably wouldn't want to

T.M
Originally posted by finti
if we hadnt we would have died out long time ago

that exactly what i was going to say yes

debbiejo
I believe we all have a strong will to live, that's why many have to get really hammered before they kill themselves...

T.M
and why it is impossible to drown your self

xmarksthespot
It's impossible to physically asphyxiate yourself if I recall correctly. If you wanted to drown yourself you could just swim out into the ocean without a life-jacket.

lil bitchiness
Me and mom debated this long and hard and have time and time again. Do human beings "naturaly" have the will to live and the urge to survive?

Mom thinks it's mental depression that causes me to say no. There is no sacred value to life. Only the actions in which they do. If people do good actions, they are invariably more useful to good karma, therfore they should live. For the betterment of the universe.

But there's no reason in itself to live. Atleast not for me. I would kill myself right now, I have no significant impact on anybody's life, but, not being an idiot. I know death isn't as easy as the media would have you believe. I could very easily end up in a horribly worse situation then death by becoming a vegetable. Wether the car didn't do me justice and just crushed my bones, or the insulin just caused part of my brain to shutdown, there are things far worse then death to have to endure. And frankly, I've always hated gambeling..

So what do you think? Do you think naturaly human beings have the will to live? That deep inside thier core it's imbended to find a way to survive? Or do you believe that's a load of crap, and that people only live day by day either by wants and deires, or fear of something worse waiting for them???

''useful to good Karma''?

I don't think you understand the term or the meaning of Karma. Karma is cause and effect. What you saw you will reap. It is not a person or a thing by itself. We make good Karma, not live up to it or for it.

Capt_Fantastic
Why has no one closed this thread?

PVS
But there's no reason in itself to live. Atleast not for me. I would kill myself right now, I have no significant impact on anybody's life, but, not being an idiot.

i thought suicide themes threads were forbidden.

spelljammer, you need to seek professional help. thats not an insult or me being my typical smartass self. thats a gods honest bit of friendly advice.

botankus
One more popup, I swear....

giljotiini

FeceMan
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Why has no one closed this thread?
Because KMC has

a) gone downhill

and

b) the initial post wasn't completely about suicide.
Originally posted by PVS
i thought suicide themes threads were forbidden.

spelljammer, you need to seek professional help. thats not an insult or me being my typical smartass self. thats a gods honest bit of friendly advice.
Of course, I say that and I'm a jerk. But if a liberal says it...

wink

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by FeceMan

b) the initial post wasn't completely about suicide.

No, not completely...I assume thats because he wants people to think he's on teh verge of killing himself, but he doesn't just say it outright because he knows he'll be around long enough to see how this thread works out...plus, he doesn't want to get banned or a closed thread

Overwhelming point: Suicide = attention, which is why suicide threads aren't allowed.

Underwhelming point: he's not going to kill himself.

FeceMan
No, not completely...I assume thats because he wants people to think he's on teh verge of killing himself, but he doesn't just say it outright because he knows he'll be around long enough to see how this thread works out...plus, he doesn't want to get banned or a closed thread

Overwhelming point: Suicide = attention, which is why suicide threads aren't allowed.

Underwhelming point: he's not going to kill himself.
Spelljammer NOT going to kill himself certainly is underwhelming.

xmarksthespot
laughing out loud

botankus
Because KMC has

a) gone downhill

Forget suicide, the fact that the popups have increased 100x is a sure sign. This is really pissing me off.

This new "edit" option is pretty lame, too.

xmarksthespot
I have no pop-ups. big grin

Capt_Fantastic
I AM getting teh pop-ups. It's not as bad as it seems to be for you Botankus, but they are getting through...and there is no way I can close them.

PVS
yesterday i kept getting audio banners messed now they invade your ears as well as your eyes

debbiejo
Me to but there is an audio click where up there you can turn it off....

Capt_Fantastic
I am getting the audio adds, too. There's this woman who keeps talking about eating fish.

debbiejo
Yeah...fish.... laughing out loud blink

botankus
Best part of it all is when I try to reply, so I click on the Add Reply or Quote Reply and start typing. A few seconds later, I realize that I'm typing right on a pop-up ad.

Spelljammer
Ofcourse i'm not going to kill myself you bafoons, like I said, it's alot of work and I'm poor.. Hell, don't you think if I had the money and the skill to get myself ahold of a deadly weapon I'd track down where half of you live? Seriously..

No, this topic is about the human's innate desire to live, and if you think "survival instinct" is true or just a load of crap. I swear, my messages get more distorted then The Bible..

Capt_Fantastic
Ofcourse i'm not going to kill myself you bafoons, like I said, it's alot of work and I'm poor.. Hell, don't you think if I had the money and the skill to get myself ahold of a deadly weapon I'd track down where half of you live? Seriously..

No, this topic is about the human's innate desire to live, and if you think "survival instinct" is true or just a load of crap. I swear, my messages get more distorted then The Bible..

Wow, suicide AND threatening...in one thread! There must be a god.

Spelljammer
Wow! You manage to make such a complete ass out of yourself PVS looks like Princess Diana! eek!

Off my thread..

botankus
I am getting the audio adds, too. There's this woman who keeps talking about eating fish.
Oh, my God, that ad just scared the sh*t out of me! I usually turn the volume down because I'm at work, but I'm on lunch break and I was getting my media player ready.

"I just eat the fish" LOL! What is that advertising anyways? Is she in cahoots with the Gorton's fisherman?

*EDIT* Man, when I just posted that last message, 3 pop up ads - all for the same stupid product - came up at once. Whoever is in charge of that at KMC needs to be (message deleted, LOL).

Capt_Fantastic
Wow! You manage to make such a complete ass out of yourself PVS looks like Princess Diana! eek!

Off my thread..

If you can't handle people laughing at your flaws, then don't post your attention seeking crap on a public forum. I may be an ass, but at least I'm not crying about being too broke to kill myself...in addition to telling everyone you're own mother has told you that you have issues. Why should we think any less of you?

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by botankus
Oh, my God, that ad just scared the sh*t out of me! I usually turn the volume down because I'm at work, but I'm on lunch break and I was getting my media player ready.

"I just eat the fish" LOL! What is that advertising anyways? Is she in cahoots with the Gorton's fisherman?

*EDIT* Man, when I just posted that last message, 3 pop up ads - all for the same stupid product - came up at once. Whoever is in charge of that at KMC needs to be (message deleted, LOL).

I'm not getting that many adds. But, the chick in the top right-hand corner starts talking every time I go back to the home page.

debbiejo
I'm hearing fish lady right now......and I have headphones on......go away fish lady....

botankus
Originally posted by debbiejo
I'm hearing fish lady right now......and I have headphones on......go away fish lady....

laughing out loud

You tell her, debs.

I just installed popup blocker and it seems to have solved the problem. the number of popup ads has decreased from about 20,000 per minute to about 1 every 5 minutes.

PVS
awwwwwwww your poor? cry yet you have a computer and internet access, and TIME to post your attention whoring threads on these forums. BOO frikin HOO nopity

someone should ship your self pitying ass to afghanistan, so you can sing your sad song to everyone there, and we'll see how many shoulders you have to cry on. really dude, get a grip.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by debbiejo

Come on Deb, his name is Spelljammer...

Spelljammer
Originally posted by PVS
awwwwwwww your poor? cry yet you have a computer and internet access, and TIME to post your attention whoring threads on these forums. BOO frikin HOO nopity

someone should ship your self pitying ass to afghanistan, so you can sing your sad song to everyone there, and we'll see how many shoulders you have to cry on. really dude, get a grip.
Considering you're the liberal, I think you would do better to be in Aphganastian.. Let's see how well your friends treat you..

PVS
wtf is Aphganastian?

debbiejo
Come on Deb, his name is Spelljammer...

Fish lady???? laughing out loud blink

Inspectah Deck

No, actually. It's pretty easy

soleran30
responding to the quote Inspektah Deck has would be to discerning cuz where there is a will there is a way and thats kinda disturbing considering the topic confused

EsteemedLeader
Well, I'm back from bannishment and I...HOLY CRAP SPELLJAMMER ISN'T REFERRING TO HIMSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON!!! blink

FeceMan
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Well, I'm back from bannishment and I...HOLY CRAP SPELLJAMMER ISN'T REFERRING TO HIMSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON!!! blink
Nobody missed you.

Go away.

Spelljammer
Nobody missed you.

Go away.
I immideatly remembered who he was from when he said woo to abortion. You don't forget trolls.

Especialy liberal trolls! stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.