KMC has a virus or something scanner?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Clovie
blink

coz this pop up showed up and i have no idea what to do with it confused

What the f**k?

Leo.M
Originally posted by Clovie
blink

coz this pop up showed up and i have no idea what to do with it confused

What the f**k?

I don't think they do Clovie, your virus scanner thing just picked/spotted up some virus while you were on KMC

Clovie
look at the pop up. it is from KMC. that's why i don't get it. and it is not saying i have something but saying that i 'may' have.

Leo.M
I have pop up blocker sorry sad

Clovie
nvm. i think it's just some new add, sorry.

Syren
I get them all the time erm

eggmayo
Its an advert, just click the x top right.

Syren
That's what I thought... an advert geared towards people who are constantly worried that their computers are riddled with viruses.

Clovie
i got it..but at first i thought that really raz made some scanner bag

and i'm sure that that stupid advert is putting some spyware into your comp for real sad

yerssot
you know that Raz promotes AVG as virusscanner wink

Lana
Ads like those are generally spyware ones.

And AVG didn't catch a virus that wrecked my computer mad never again will I use it.

Raz
Look at the bottom right hand corner, it's clearly marked as an "advertisement".

Clovie
Originally posted by yerssot
you know that Raz promotes AVG as virusscanner wink and..? confused

Originally posted by Raz
Look at the bottom right hand corner, it's clearly marked as an "advertisement". it is blink
anyway. i got this thing like 50 times today. and i've never been getting those before confused

Originally posted by Lana

And AVG didn't catch a virus that wrecked my computer mad never again will I use it. i have two anti virus programms running all the time..and they're usually not finding anything..
opening one online scanner from time to time..which found something once erm

yerssot
Originally posted by Lana

And AVG didn't catch a virus that wrecked my computer mad never again will I use it.
really? hmm, what did that virus do?

Lana
Caused me to have to reformat my computer because it kept crashing every 10 minutes miffed

yerssot
pfew, then I don't have that one big grin

Syren
Just a quick note, recently I have been getting pop ups on almost every page of KMC... my browser blocks most of them but I was wondering why it's happening. Is it KMC or the fact I'm using Firefox?

Clovie
Originally posted by Syren
Just a quick note, recently I have been getting pop ups on almost every page of KMC... my browser blocks most of them but I was wondering why it's happening. Is it KMC or the fact I'm using Firefox? KMC.

MC Mike
Wow... it even says "advertisement" and the first 5 or so posts didn't realize that. blink

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Syren
Just a quick note, recently I have been getting pop ups on almost every page of KMC... my browser blocks most of them but I was wondering why it's happening. Is it KMC or the fact I'm using Firefox?

nope Sy, happens to me in IE constantly.

Syren
So it's a problem with KMC? I rather believe it's the internet in general... pop-up heaven disgust

yerssot
get a free pop-up blocker

WindDancer
I don't know what happen yesterday. But I kept getting a few too many pop ups. I didn't run anything in my computer. And today I'm pop-up free. Could be a glitch.

Syren
Firefox has a pop-up blocker installed, right? Well, it catches the pop-ups but there are a hell of a lot more pop-ups than there used to be...

Lana
I asked Raz about the popups...he said for everyone to read this post:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=5039879#post5039879

My Firefox blocker's been working pretty well as I haven't actually had a popup, but the little bar that says "Firefox has blocked a popup" was coming up about every 2 pages. I wound up setting it to not show that bar because it was getting so annoying.

yerssot
get a better explorer wink

Syren
laughing out loud Any suggestions?

And Lana, I could have simply turned it off embarrasment

Edit: How the hell do I do that?

Lana
Next time that bar comes up right-click it, there'll be something like "more options", I think.

I don't actually remember, and I don't know if there's any way to bring it back...meh.

Syren
I don't care about it coming back as long as it's working, I know if you want to set the pop up blocker to actually be on you have to go to Tools > Options > Web Features and then check the box... but it says nothing about actually hiding it from view.

I'll do what you said though big grin

Clovie
I've turned it off too..
but now it's back big grin
tools > options > web features
and there is a list of allow sites. smart and i had kmc on allow erm

Syren
I haven't got any on allow, exception or anything... which makes sense, as my pop-ups aren't actually opening. It's just the bar which keeps coming up and that's irritating... but I'm waiting til I get another pop-up and then I'm gonna turn the pop-up bar off big grin

Spearhead
I haven't gotten any pop ups....and I'm not using any pop up blocker other than the IE one, but even that isn't alerting me onto a blocked ads...so I'm havning no trouble

weird...

Syren
Thanks for letting me know yours is working fine... damn you stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.