Xavier w/cerebra and on the mutant enhancing drug "kick" vs DC's telepaths.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
With these advantages, do you think chuck could win?

King KAM
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
With these advantages, do you think chuck could win?
you do realize that he doesnt need the drug?. all he need is cerebro, Chuck takes it easy on everyone, he IS the most powerful telepath.

willRules
I agree he doesn't need kick to take this one. cerebra makes him amazingly powerful........

Juntai
Originally posted by willRules
I agree he doesn't need kick to take this one. cerebra makes him amazingly powerful........ Darkseid wins, especially with Martian Manhunter next to him, who is likely also out of X's league.

jffxex1980
Marvel's telepaths are far more powerful than it's counterpart's telepaths. And for crying out loud, it's Xavier we're talking here.

Juntai
Originally posted by jffxex1980
Marvel's telepaths are far more powerful than it's counterpart's telepaths. And for crying out loud, it's Xavier we're talking here. Martian Manhunter can connect with every mind on the planet in the middle of melee combat, without any effort or straining? Can Xavier do this? And Darkseid's telepathy has mostly been limited to mind control, but it seems to be effortless and unbreakable, regardless of controlee.

jffxex1980
MM is amazingly powerful; He's Xavier's equavalent in DC. If it's just pure psionic fight between these two, MM takes it.....barely. Each offers something to the table that one doesn't. For instance, MM has been at it much longer than Xavier. His people have been at for millinias, practicing and perfecting telepathy. Although, Xavier ain't a slouch in the experience department, MM takes this one. He was "programmed" to do so whereas Xavier has to will himself to do so. Xavier outclasses MM in power and finesse. Sure, experience can turn the battle to MM's favor but sometimes power and finesses can also do that. Xavier has fought the Shadow King, imprisoned the Dark Phoenix, held back onslaught in his mind for so many years, and when nate disrupted the astral plane and caused a massive telepathic static, xavier was the only one that got through it and contacted jean and scott in outer space. even if it was for a short period of time; he still managed to do so. He has held people in a comatose state. With that said, it pretty much boils down to experience versus sheer power.

willRules
Originally posted by Juntai
Martian Manhunter can connect with every mind on the planet in the middle of melee combat, without any effort or straining? Can Xavier do this? And Darkseid's telepathy has mostly been limited to mind control, but it seems to be effortless and unbreakable, regardless of controlee.

regardless Xavier is also one of the most powerful telepaths to exist. Admittedly whilst he would put up a good fight, he would lose on his own. But he has Cerebra which amplifies his powers more than 1000 times. he is gonna be able to mind rape the Dc telepaths.

Superherovandal
no he won't be able to. MM, Dr. Fate, Darkseid, Hector Hammond, etc. especially MM and Dr Fate. MM is alone more than enough to destroy Xavier by himself.

golem370
Wasn't proteus more powerful?

jffxex1980
Just because he can warp reality doesn't mean he's a class A telepath. He hijacks other people's body and uses their powers for his own benefit until they burn out. He used Betsy's power to ensure that Xavier wouldn't do anything telepathically to stop him

King KAM
Xavier would mess up MM and Fate, people dont know who their effing with, with cerebro and kick, their all dead.......

Wynndar
DC telepaths seem to work in much broader strokes than the Marvel telpaths. For some reason MM's telepathy doesnt seem as efficient to me, or does every DC villain have telepathic immunity?

Tron
Where's Draco69 when ya need him?laughing out loud

long pig
Yes, it does seem that all villains in D.C have some sort of telepathic immunity.

broly112
Xavier wit thoes enhancers easily wins this

wannabe
Xavier is still cream de la cream of the Marvel telepath's. Problem is that he is not nearly as often shown doing miraculous stuff as others ,because he's not a fighter but a mentor and teacher.
Another reason for his relatively low profile are his strong ethic principles and his restraint, which got even stronger after the Onslaught crisis.
I would still bet all my money that he could dump all other human telepaths (including X-Man, Marvelgirl and Cable) if he'd just go all out.
Xavier has awful power, skill, and experience in abundance, he just currently lacks the WILL to use it...as would i after an incident like Onslaught.

Remember: This man defeated Dark Phoenix, Shadowking, showed his potential as Onslaught (it's telepathic aspect), handled Gladiator and Oracle at the same time as if they were puppets and bypassed Galactus's mental defences to show him the pain of a whole people about to die at his hands.

In the given scenario this man, an idol for telepaths just like Supes and Cap for their respective hero types, is cut loose and uses a machine that amplifies his abilities by xxxx!!!
Show a little respect for what Charles really can do!

Wynndar
good post wannabe

long pig
When did Prof X do this?

JRW
i hate this sometimes. prof x is so underrated on these threads it disgusting , he really deserves alot more credit than that.

long pig
I don't doubt Prof is high level psi, but never to my knowledge did he or anyone else under herald level ever invade Galactus' mind when Galactus didn't want it.

Thanos can't even do that.

BlaqChaos
But a lot of people are forgetting that I said Xavier would be going up against the likes of MM, Darkseid and the others while Xavier has both Cerebra (the upgraded version of Cerebro) AND the muntant power enhancing drug "Kick" with him.

DarkCrawler
Kick enchances powers by 5 times.

Compare that with Cerebra, and Xavier is about 5000 times more powerful...

radioboy121
Originally posted by wannabe
Xavier is still cream de la cream of the Marvel telepath's. Problem is that he is not nearly as often shown doing miraculous stuff as others ,because he's not a fighter but a mentor and teacher.
Another reason for his relatively low profile are his strong ethic principles and his restraint, which got even stronger after the Onslaught crisis.
I would still bet all my money that he could dump all other human telepaths (including X-Man, Marvelgirl and Cable) if he'd just go all out.
Xavier has awful power, skill, and experience in abundance, he just currently lacks the WILL to use it...as would i after an incident like Onslaught.

Remember: This man defeated Dark Phoenix, Shadowking, showed his potential as Onslaught (it's telepathic aspect), handled Gladiator and Oracle at the same time as if they were puppets and bypassed Galactus's mental defences to show him the pain of a whole people about to die at his hands.

Well, Gladiator has times in the past showed vulnerability to telepathy and Oracle is a second-rate telepath that even Wolverine can handle. Also, that was I believe the Xavier imposter when the Skrulls were penetrating the S'hiar.

This was when the X-Men went a few years in the past and found themselves on a Skrull homeworld right before Galactus was going to consume it. Xavier sent his astral self to approach Galactus to spare the world and sent his perspective thoughts to Galactus to try an suade him. Unfortunately the effort was nil' and as he was losing his astral form, Galactus wisked him away and back to his physical body.

What Xavier did was not an attack to cause Galactus pain and he was probably given entry to even send out his thoughts to him. He even gives Silver Surfer this function to communicate with him, unless you're assuming Surfer can handle Galactus!?

Thanos with Moondragon (was it with or without Mind gem) cannot even do much to a weaker Galactus and if the first Secret Wars can be used as a partially reference point, Xavier and Magneto when combined psychs were only able to get his partial attention to notice them.

As to the fight in question, it does seem like Xavier should pull this through. Unfortunately my knowledge of Martian Manhunter is limited, but if Kingdom Come is an acceptable reference, Manhunter's mind was damaged when he tried to read and understand all the minds on the planet in a previous incident. With Cerebro, Xavier would have little problem with this.

Juntai
Originally posted by radioboy121
Well, Gladiator has times in the past showed vulnerability to telepathy and Oracle is a second-rate telepath that even Wolverine can handle. Also, that was I believe the Xavier imposter when the Skrulls were penetrating the S'hiar.

This was when the X-Men went a few years in the past and found themselves on a Skrull homeworld right before Galactus was going to consume it. Xavier sent his astral self to approach Galactus to spare the world and sent his perspective thoughts to Galactus to try an suade him. Unfortunately the effort was nil' and as he was losing his astral form, Galactus wisked him away and back to his physical body.

What Xavier did was not an attack to cause Galactus pain and he was probably given entry to even send out his thoughts to him. He even gives Silver Surfer this function to communicate with him, unless you're assuming Surfer can handle Galactus!?

Thanos with Moondragon (was it with or without Mind gem) cannot even do much to a weaker Galactus and if the first Secret Wars can be used as a partially reference point, Xavier and Magneto when combined psychs were only able to get his partial attention to notice them.

As to the fight in question, it does seem like Xavier should pull this through. Unfortunately my knowledge of Martian Manhunter is limited, but if Kingdom Come is an acceptable reference, Manhunter's mind was damaged when he tried to read and understand all the minds on the planet in a previous incident. With Cerebro, Xavier would have little problem with this. Mm, KC isn't the best reference since it's just a hypertime...Manhunter has proven he can touch all the minds on the planet, thoroughly scanning them, while in the middle of heated melee combat with worldly threats without straining..

BlaqChaos
Mm, KC isn't the best reference since it's just a hypertime...Manhunter has proven he can touch all the minds on the planet, thoroughly scanning them, while in the middle of heated melee combat with worldly threats without straining..

With the abilities of the JLA, you'd think there should be ANY crime that took place on Earth.

Juntai
With the abilities of the JLA, you'd think there should be ANY crime that took place on Earth. Martian Manhunter using the height of his abilities, will inevitably unleash the world conquering BURNING. Which is what he truly is. This is why he doesn't use it often.

TheKahn
Xavier would win. The man has got one hell of a dark side and is a bit of an @$$hole when you think about it. I say he wins. Normally he may be on MM level but throw in Kick and cerebra and the fight is over.

BlaqChaos
What about Despero?

Juntai
What I'm trying to point out is that MM ALONE BY HIMSELF is EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN XAVIER, but this isn't a fight with JUST MANHUNTER, what happens when you factor in all the other people? It's dead, like Xavier would be.

I mean shit.. Manchester Black, Darkseid, Despero?

BlaqChaos
Juntai, the question is how would DCs telepaths do against Xavier while he has the advantage of both Cerebra and Kick.

jffxex1980
cerebra amplies one's telepathy by a thousand folds; added with the drug; he'd be pretty unstoppable. xavier is already a powerful telepath.

Juntai
There's ENTIRE RACES OF TELEPATHS. HOW ABOUT THE WHITE MARTIANS FOR EXAMPLE!? This is ONE MAN versus a WHOLE UNIVERSE, it's IMPOSSIBLE odds, you guys are stupid. lol.

willRules
There's ENTIRE RACES OF TELEPATHS. HOW ABOUT THE WHITE MARTIANS FOR EXAMPLE!? This is ONE MAN versus a WHOLE UNIVERSE, it's IMPOSSIBLE odds, you guys are stupid. lol.

This is ONE MAN with CEREBRA. You do know what cerebra does right?

Juntai
Originally posted by willRules
This is ONE MAN with CEREBRA. You do know what cerebra does right? It obviously makes Xavier more powerful than Infinite Gauntlet, by the way this thread reads.

jffxex1980

It is a well known fact that marvel's telepaths are far superior than DC's telepaths. Marvel's telepaths outshines them in department. It's Marvel's forte kinda like moving at the speed of sound and moving a stellar object with ho starins whatsoever is DC's forte.

Juntai
Originally posted by jffxex1980
It is a well known fact that marvel's telepaths are far superior than DC's telepaths. Marvel's telepaths outshines them in department. It's Marvel's forte kinda like moving at the speed of sound and moving a stellar object with ho starins whatsoever is DC's forte. ????????????

jffxex1980
you know damn well what I mean, telepaths in the marvelverse are almost godlike. telepaths in dcverse are okay.

Juntai
????????????????????????
You must be stuck in the 60's
Wtf are you talking about?

jffxex1980
(sighs) someone else tells this boy that THERE'S a HUGE power difference between Marvel telepaths and DC telepaths

RSSR
With Cerebra, Charles can connect with every mind on the planet. He also once imparted telepathic abilities to a normal mind. Has MM ever done that?

wannabe
Originally posted by long pig
...and bypassed Galactus's mental defences to show him the pain of a whole people about to die at his handsWhen did Prof X do this? X-Men 90 "Eve of Destruction"
Xavier has a long telepathic dispute with Galactus and confronts him with the emotions of the whole population of the dying Skrull home world. It didn't save the Skrull eventually, but nonetheless he showed immense telepathic prowess...and he was not totally screwed up afterwards!

Btw...he did something similar (also without Kick and Cerebra) to Ego in "Maximum Security: Dangerous Planet 1". From a Moon of the (Shiar?-) planet Selandiaris he reaches to the planets whole people and assembles their combined psychic energy to wield it through him and Zscann, a skrull telepath, into Egos core.

Take these shown feats, the beating of Dark Phoenix and his expressed potential as Onslaught(the telepathic aspect), combine that with an amplification through Kick and/or Cerebra and you get a more than worthy match for the DC telepaths.

I don't know if he could take them all at once, these "one against a team" scenarios are too variable to calculate, but at least show some respect for Charles and give him the credit he deserves...don't ignore his power just because he has too strong principles and practices too much restraint to show it on a daily basis like most other uber teeps!!!

clap GO CHARLY GO clap professorx

long pig
Wow, that's impressive.

Superherovandal
yeah and you act like MM and Fate don't show extreme principles and restraint. Did you ever read when MM went evil he absolutely murdered the JLA with little effort. and Fate who is better than MM powerwise. MM faced some heavenly shadow guy and won. I also think that MM is also underrated. He is someone who could take over the entire world if he wanted. and especially now he has no real fire weakness. He knows all Xavier knows and all of the telepathic knowlegde of the Martians, a race who spent their lives mastering telepathy. and add everyone else to that and even with Cerebra and a kick Xavier is going down. HARD.

wannabe
Originally posted by Superherovandal
yeah and you act like MM and Fate don't show extreme principles and restraint. Did you ever read when MM went evil he absolutely murdered the JLA with little effort. and Fate who is better than MM powerwise. MM faced some heavenly shadow guy and won. I also think that MM is also underrated. He is someone who could take over the entire world if he wanted. and especially now he has no real fire weakness. He knows all Xavier knows and all of the telepathic knowlegde of the Martians, a race who spent their lives mastering telepathy. and add everyone else to that and even with Cerebra and a kick Xavier is going down. HARD. It was not at all my intention to attack DC telepaths or to discredit them in any way, and when you read my post without having competition in mind, you will see this.
MM and Fate are awful mighty psychics who have also strong principles, there is no way of denying that.
But unlike Xavier they are more traditional heroes, fighting where they are needed, which gives them a higher profile and the chance to show impressive feats on a nearly daily basis.
Xavier on the other hand is more a mentor and teacher than a fighter and rarely uses his talents openly. Thats why people in this forum tend to forget his capabilities...and i just tried to bring those to their minds again!
smile

Juntai
It was not at all my intention to attack DC telepaths or to discredit them in any way, and when you read my post without having competition in mind, you will see this.
MM and Fate are awful mighty psychics who have also strong principles, there is no way of denying that.
But unlike Xavier they are more traditional heroes, fighting where they are needed, which gives them a higher profile and the chance to show impressive feats on a nearly daily basis.
Xavier on the other hand is more a mentor and teacher than a fighter and rarely uses his talents openly. Thats why people in this forum tend to forget his capabilities...and i just tried to bring those to their minds again!
smile Well I can agree with that, and what you said before... but these guys thinking Xavier is powerful enough to take on an entire universes psi's are nuts.

Cosmic Flame
Xavier can engage any one of DCs TPs and more than hold his own. The vast majority would probably go down in seconds, while 3 or 4 might be able to engage him in serious psychic warfare. So if Xavier is facing all of them, then I'd say no. With Cerebra, Xavier has virtually no limit. He can keep the heavy hitters at bay while he overcomes the weaker minds and uses them to his advantage.

It's a clean sweep for Charles IMO.

Juntai
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Xavier can engage any one of DCs TPs and more than hold his own. The vast majority would probably go down in seconds, while 3 or 4 might be able to engage him in serious psychic warfare. So if Xavier is facing all of them, then I'd say no. With Cerebra, Xavier has virtually no limit. He can keep the heavy hitters at bay while he overcomes the weaker minds and uses them to his advantage.
It's a clean sweep for Charles IMO. MM can touch the minds of all on the planet.. He's the last of the Green martians, however, there's an entire race of White Ones that are close in power. Darkseid, Manchester Black proved time and time he was a mental force to be reckoned with, but he killed himself before he added too much to his feats, but what he DID in his short time was impressive. But he's so powerful that his consciousness is able to tap into our reality and take over other people.. including telepaths...Aquaman has mental dominion over any Earth creature, by tapping into a dormant promordial part of the brain.. because Humans came from the sea. And now it's even augmented by magic too.On and on, millions of telepaths.. this is one man versus a universe, it's impossible odds. You can respect Chuck, but if anyone thinks he's dominating an entire universe they're clearly daft.

Cosmic Flame
MM basically inherited his TP. Charles learned the art of psychic warfare on his own. With Cerebra boosting his abilities to near infinite levels, the feats of the others aren't really going to matter much. They certainly aren't going to get past his psi shields, which would also be improved exponentially.

It doesn't matter whether it's an entire universe or not. What matters is the TPs of merit and power, and there just aren't that many. You can throw in thousands upon thousands of mediocre and inferior telepaths, but they'd fall rather quickly. They wouldn't be able to stand a psi blast from Xavier at that level of power. The remaining contingent TPs, probably 20 or so, would still eventually fall.

xmarksthespot
Millions or telepaths? Exaggerate much. Marvel Universe which is psionic-heavy probably doesn't even claim millions. Besides it isn't clear whether the thread starter meant any and every nameless faceless DC telepath you can think of all at the same time or just the main ones e.g. MM, Manchester Black etc but that's just imo.

TheKahn
The reason I give the advantage to Chuck is because of Onslaught. The way I see it, Onslaught was what Xaiver could become if he had Magneto's drive and ambition, mixed in with a little crazy for good measure. While he did get magneto's powers, as he was a pure psonic being I see him getting most of his abilities from Xaiver (i.e. psi-armor, telepathy, & psychokinesis). I think Xaiver could do all of this but holds himself back and a fight to the death could bring it out. Now add in kick and cerebra and you have a force that might take a universe of telepaths to stop. Anyway that just my pet theory on Onslaught.

Juntai
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Millions or telepaths? Exaggerate much. Marvel Earth which is psionic-heavy probably doesn't even millions. Besides it isn't clear whether the thread starter meant any and every DC telepath you can think of all at the same time, but that's just imo. It said DC's telepaths versus Xavier right? It doesn't say one by one in a line... They're going to squash him.. and yes, considering many of the higher tier characters have telepathic ability, whether or not it's primary, such as Guardians, Darkseid, etc, and entire races, such as the white martians.

Cosmic Flame
Not to mention that most DC TPs rely on other abilities as well. There are very few that are primarily TPs. TP is like a bonus for some, not their primary means of combat. The vast majority, no matter the number, would fall easily under Xavier with Cerebra. The rest might give him a run for his money, but I firmly believe that he'll prevail.

I reckon I'm as daft as they come.

Juntai
Originally posted by TheKahn
The reason I give the advantage to Chuck is because of Onslaught. The way I see it, Onslaught was what Xaiver could become if he had Magneto's drive and ambition, mixed in with a little crazy for good measure. While he did get magneto's powers, as he was a pure psonic being I see him getting most of his abilities from Xaiver (i.e. psi-armor, telepathy, & psychokinesis). I think Xaiver could do all of this but holds himself back and a fight to the death could bring it out. Now add in kick and cerebra and you have a force that might take a universe of telepaths to stop. Anyway that just my pet theory on Onslaught.

Read the JLA series that had THE BURNING. Martian Manhunter when he taps into his deepest wells of power unlocks his true being, the world conquering BURNING.

Juntai
Not to mention that most DC TPs rely on other abilities as well. There are very few that are primarily TPs. TP is like a bonus for some, not their primary means of combat. The vast majority, no matter the number, would fall easily under Xavier with Cerebra. The rest might give him a run for his money, but I firmly believe that he'll prevail.

I reckon I'm as daft as they come. Contradiction, you already said against all of them...no. In your original post.

Cosmic Flame
When I said what? What's a contradiction? The word universe isn't used at all in my first post.

Explain to me what they are going to do to him, as his psi shields will be even more impenetrable than they already are.

Juntai
When I said what? What's a contradiction? The word universe isn't used at all in my first post.

Explain to me what they are going to do to him, as his psi shields will be even more impenetrable than they already are. What's this?:

??
Is that you saying he would lose in your original post?
I think it is.

This is also you, but a couple posts later:

What's the deal?

TheKahn
"Read the JLA series that had THE BURNING. Martian Manhunter when he taps into his deepest wells of power unlocks his true being, the world conquering BURNING"

Fernus was beaten by plastic man.
I dount Onslaught would be beaten by plastic man

Cosmic Flame
Note I said if Xavier was facing them on his own, ie no Cerebra. Note Cerebra isn't mentioned until the next sentence. Note also that my last sentence is that it's a clean sweep for Xavier.

xmarksthespot
You took a sentence out of context Juntai.

Juntai
"Read the JLA series that had THE BURNING. Martian Manhunter when he taps into his deepest wells of power unlocks his true being, the world conquering BURNING"

Fernus was beaten by plastic man.
I dount Onslaught would be beaten by plastic man Read about Plastic man, he's an unstoppable universal force, he doesn't have a mind and his body is completely indestructible. He slowly pulled himself together over the course of eternity and formed Plastic Man. And Plastic Man didn't take him down, only stalled him.

Juntai
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
You took a sentence out of context Juntai. My bad.

Juntai
Read about Plastic man, he's an unstoppable universal force, he doesn't have a mind and his body is completely indestructible. He slowly pulled himself together over the course of eternity and formed Plastic Man. And Plastic Man didn't take him down, only stalled him. Needless also to say BURNING was a world conquerer, having slaughtered the Green Martians, the white martians, and most of Earth previously, and those are just the known ones. Onslaughts feats aren't on this level.

TheKahn
"Read about Plastic man, he's an unstoppable universal force, he doesn't have a mind and his body is completely indestructible. He slowly pulled himself together over the course of eternity and formed Plastic Man. And Plastic Man didn't take him down, only stalled him."

Unstoppable universal force......yea right.

Juntai
"Read about Plastic man, he's an unstoppable universal force, he doesn't have a mind and his body is completely indestructible. He slowly pulled himself together over the course of eternity and formed Plastic Man. And Plastic Man didn't take him down, only stalled him."

Unstoppable universal force......yea right. That's not current Plastic Man. **** outa here. All his old shit got retconned a couple years ago in JLA.

willRules
Xavier will literally mind rape all the telepaths and get the ones that are easier to control to help him out, or he could take control of the non-telepaths and make them attack the telepaths or he could do both, or he could do neither of those and go all onslaught on them but amplified by cerebra and kick. He could shut down their minds in a matter of seconds. Dc have extremely strong and respectful characters especially in the strength and speed department, but Marvel is way better when it comes to telepaths. MM has the experience but nowhere near enough power. He is equal to Xavier by himself, but when Xavier is on kick and has cerebra it is pure overkill, and thats not including the other telepaths he could just take control of or shut down.....

wannabe
If all the White Martians would form a telepathic Gestalt, supported by those psychics that REALLY matter in DC (MM, Fate, Darkside...), then Xavier is done...with or without Cerebra and Kick.

Without Cerebra and Kick Charles has defeated Dark Phoenix, showed his potential as Onslaught, connected himself to the whole population of the Skrull home world to penetrate Galactus mind with their emotions, did something similar with the population of a Shiar world to defeat Ego and is still an idol for all Marvel telepaths.
Sooo...Taking a whole race of telepaths out of the calculation, using only the individual Telepaths of DC (like i dare to say it was meant by BlaqChaos), i would say Charles has more than a good chance with the given boosters.
professorx

willRules
Thats what im saying, whilst he would lose without it, charles is still a force to be reckoned with. With kick and Cerebra, Xavier will kick Dc universeal butt.......

Juntai
Ugh, debating with you guys is useless. At least a couple understand that fighting a universe is impossible no matter who you are.

BlaqChaos
At least a couple understand that fighting a universe is impossible no matter who you are.

Really? Useless? What if your name is Thanos and you've got a little thing called The Heart of the Universe? wink

hoorayforpeepee
i wish the thread creator would be more specific. with cerebra and kick, i would put xavier odds up against MM, Psimon, all the Fates, white martians, manchester black...but when you pull in the guardians, that's overkill. chuck MIGHT give a weaker guardian a fight in astral form using cerebra and kick, but no no no not the entire race at all.

that pic of xavier assaulting galactus is pretty damn nails, though. reminds me of something i forgot: xavier in astral form is damn incomparable.

wannabe
Ugh, debating with you guys is useless. At least a couple understand that fighting a universe is impossible no matter who you are. Just in case you didn't notice, i said...
If all the White Martians would form a telepathic Gestalt, supported by those psychics that REALLY matter in DC (MM, Fate, Darkside...), THEN XAVIER IS DONE...with or without Cerebra and Kick.I only gave him the victory against the important individual DC telepaths!!!
Sooo...Taking a whole race of telepaths OUT of the calculation, using only the individual Telepaths of DC (like i dare to say it was meant by BlaqChaos), i would say Charles has more than a good chance with the given boosters.

Juntai
Just in case you didn't notice, i said...
I only gave him the victory against the important individual DC telepaths!!! yeah, you were one of the couple.

BlaqChaos
Well...What I meant was for Xavier to take on all of the powerful, high-profile telepaths at once; not any entire civilizations.

wannabe
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
...that pic of xavier assaulting galactus is pretty damn nails, though. reminds me of something i forgot: xavier in astral form is damn incomparable.
clap HOORAY!!! clap Exactly THIS was my intention, reminding people in this forum of Xaviers real capabilities.

Cosmic Flame
Are we talking only true telepaths, or anyone/thing with telepathic ability?

Draco69
The hell? Who says the Cerebra makes Xavier "5,000 times more powerful"? Cite sources.

And Charles dies.

Hector Hammond? Control the entire GL Corps and the entire Earth.
As his power increased, his top feat includes controlling an entire friggin galaxy. BILLIONS of sentinent minds. AND he can create technology with his mind to boost his powers.

Martian Manhunter. Manchester Black. Darkseid (controlled three million Daxamites.)

Jesus. The sheer ignorance of Marvelites....sad

xmarksthespot
I think the 5 in 5000 comes from the fact that Xavier's on "kick" the 1000 times thing is apparently from Cerebra although I don't know it it's sourced.

Draco69
So it's a faulty statement then. Let's consider this: Cerebra's max range is in the Earth's atmosphere. It connects the telepath with any being he/she wants to ON EARTH.

Regardless of whether Charles is on Kick or not. He's still limited by Cerebra's capabilities. Which in this case would HINDER him.

xmarksthespot
Not necessarily faulty information, but as yet unsourced, which I might note your Cerebra max range is also unsourced although I don't necessarily doubt the veracity.

Cosmic Flame
Cerebra isn't just limited to Earth. It's only limited by its user. Charles used it to find Wolverine in space. When Charles first tries Cerebra he says that it amplifies his powers to the 10th degree.

Draco69
It's sourced by New X-Men and X4.

Charles Xavier couldn't contact Jean when she was in the asteroid because she was out of Cerebra's range. The brief contact was due to Jean acting as a tether to the mental contact. Like two hands trying to grasp each other.

And X4 said it out right that the Cerebra's max range was the Earth. That's it.

Unfortuanately DC is packed full of telepaths that casually communicate between planets.

The common misconception is that Marvel is king of telepaths. That's not necessarily true. They're just more well-known and more well-written.

Draco69
Cerebra isn't just limited to Earth. It's only limited by its user. Charles used it to find Wolverine in space. When Charles first tries Cerebra he says that it amplifies his powers to the 10th degree.

No. He contacted Jean. Jean managed to extend the communication limit. Like two hands trying to grasp each other. And Xavier only held the contact for like a half a minute.

Martian Manhunter casually communicates with his teammates lightyears away.

xmarksthespot
I really wouldn't take X4 very seriously. It was pretty crap.

Draco69
YOU used it several times for the Fantastic Four vs. X-Men debate... erm

xmarksthespot
Umm... no... I only used it because the other people were taking crap examples from it. Imo it was a piece of crap crossover.

Draco69
Still. You used it. It was okay. Despite the dialogue being extremely stilted.

And I won't even go into Saturn Girl *shudders*

xmarksthespot
I used it to illustrate the hypocrisy of saying "Sue is faster than telepathy. Look at the "fight" Emma and Sue had." while saying "Emma can't affect Sue, she's immune to telepathy." when Emma affects sue in the very same crossover. I don't hold X4 in high regard.

Draco69
Ah. That makes sense then. Kudos.

wannabe
Originally posted by Draco69
It's sourced by New X-Men and X4.

Charles Xavier couldn't contact Jean when she was in the asteroid because she was out of Cerebra's range. The brief contact was due to Jean acting as a tether to the mental contact. Like two hands trying to grasp each other.

And X4 said it out right that the Cerebra's max range was the Earth. That's it.

Unfortuanately DC is packed full of telepaths that casually communicate between planets.

The common misconception is that Marvel is king of telepaths. That's not necessarily true. They're just more well-known and more well-written. Charles and Jean using Cerebra to leave Earth and enter the depths of space...

BlaqChaos
Don't forget, there's a difference between raw power and skill as illustrated by Psylocke and Marvel Girl.

wannabe
Don't forget, there's a difference between raw power and skill as illustrated by Psylocke and Marvel Girl. Or Emma and Marvel Girl...though it's not the best argument to support Charles, since MM is at least as skilled as him and Cerebra and Kick are adding nothing BUT raw power! wink

willRules
Xavier underestimated again by everyone, except for Wannabe and Xmarksthespot............

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.