Quicksilver vs Northstar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willRules
Who wins? who loses? who cares?

Metalmanx
I care. Quicksilver is my very favorite X-men character. Ever.

And not just because he's my favorite, but I do believe he would win in a fight. And a race.

Hey, check out my Surge vs. Elektro thread please?

willRules
ok

wolverine8888
quick silver is fast megento said it him self but he cant fly so im not sure who win north stars good but wolverine him self said it he was only b-list at best and I belive that quick silver is a A level hero so I goign with quick silver

Arahan
QS is cool. Can somebody post a scan of his best feat?

King_Mungi
Northstar:

a) Faster
"Aurora is a mutant who possesses the ability to propel her body at superhuman speed, becoming a living projectile. Through an act of concentration, Aurora can channel a portion of the kinetic energy of the atomic motion in her body's molecules in a single direction. This can accelerate her body in a velocity in direct proportion to the amount of kinetic energy she has tapped. It was once theoretically possible for her to reach 99% of the speed of light (286,272 miles per second in a vacuum), although she never traveled at anywhere near that speed since if she did, she would wreak great damage upon herself end her environment. Dr. Langkowski's actions in molecularly restructuring Aurora's body greatly reduced the potential limits of her speed. She now can move at speeds roughly up to the speed of sound (about 770 miles per hour at sea level). This reduction has made little difference in the use of her powers over short distances, since she can still move faster than the human eye can follow."

Aurora and Northstar have the same powers, yet she lost her potential but Northstar still has his.

b) More moves then superspeed
Thanks to the Hand he has light abilities which he can use by himself just like her sister can do after the operation. I'm assuming he can generate a light equvilant to half million-foot candles like her sister, but I don't know for sure.

c) Other goodies given to him by the Hand we don't know yet.

Written correctly, Northstar wins.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Northstar:

a) Faster
"Aurora is a mutant who possesses the ability to propel her body at superhuman speed, becoming a living projectile. Through an act of concentration, Aurora can channel a portion of the kinetic energy of the atomic motion in her body's molecules in a single direction. This can accelerate her body in a velocity in direct proportion to the amount of kinetic energy she has tapped. It was once theoretically possible for her to reach 99% of the speed of light (286,272 miles per second in a vacuum), although she never traveled at anywhere near that speed since if she did, she would wreak great damage upon herself end her environment. Dr. Langkowski's actions in molecularly restructuring Aurora's body greatly reduced the potential limits of her speed. She now can move at speeds roughly up to the speed of sound (about 770 miles per hour at sea level). This reduction has made little difference in the use of her powers over short distances, since she can still move faster than the human eye can follow."

Aurora and Northstar have the same powers, yet she lost her potential but Northstar still has his.

b) More moves then superspeed
Thanks to the Hand he has light abilities which he can use by himself just like her sister can do after the operation. I'm assuming he can generate a light equvilant to half million-foot candles like her sister, but I don't know for sure.

c) Other goodies given to him by the Hand we don't know yet.

Written correctly, Northstar wins.

Not that I'm calling you a liar or anything (I'm really not, seriously), but I've seen and have quite a few comics with Northstar. And I have yet to see him move anywhere near 99% light speed. In fact, most of the time, he seems to be moving around subsonic speeds. Like, maybe Mach 3 or something.

Like I said, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying that I've never seen him go anywhere close to even fathoming this speed. What instances has he shown this kind of speed?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Not that I'm calling you a liar or anything (I'm really not, seriously), but I've seen and have quite a few comics with Northstar. And I have yet to see him move anywhere near 99% light speed. In fact, most of the time, he seems to be moving around subsonic speeds. Like, maybe Mach 3 or something.

Like I said, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying that I've never seen him go anywhere close to even fathoming this speed. What instances has he shown this kind of speed?

All of his X-Men apparances are garbage, he has taken a back seat with them and was on the front line only to be killed. If those are the comics you read, take them with a grain of salt. He hasn't gone that speed yet, same with Aurora. However, it's possible he can, and in the Alpha Flight comics he has gone Mach 10 and higher. I will give you the issue numbers shortly (tommorow afternoon, I have to rummage though them)

When he was playing around killing mortals, Mach three was what heused and he made them explode. If he did that to pretty much any human or mutant without a physical defence they would explode since he can go right through them while QS punches or kicks them. Like I mentioned already, Alpha Flight vol.1 #19, 1984 talks about how they can possibly reach 99% of lightspeed. Later I will give you the issues of his super speed.

long pig
Northstar wins, he can indeed fly at 99% LS.

QS can go just above super sonic I think, but QS can actually fly, though. Most people don't know he can fly.

Plus, QS is behind this whole HoM thing, so he sucks.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by long pig

QS can go just above super sonic I think, but QS can actually fly, though. Most people don't know he can fly.

...He can fly?

I've been a pretty hardcore fan of Quicksilver for a few years now...and I'm under the correct assumption that he can't fly. Please fill me in here.

And honestly, I've pretty much boycotted the HOM series, so I don't know anything about it.

What do you mean he's behind it?

King_Mungi

Indeed

Actually I didn't know that. What's he do make current of wind and ride them?

Indeed, I saw the preview of Son of M with him on the cover dressed as a bum.

Metalmanx
All of his X-Men apparances are garbage, he has taken a back seat with them and was on the front line only to be killed. If those are the comics you read, take them with a grain of salt. He hasn't gone that speed yet, same with Aurora. However, it's possible he can, and in the Alpha Flight comics he has gone Mach 10 and higher. I will give you the issue numbers shortly (tommorow afternoon, I have to rummage though them)

When he was playing around killing mortals, Mach three was what heused and he made them explode. If he did that to pretty much any human or mutant without a physical defence they would explode since he can go right through them while QS punches or kicks them. Like I mentioned already, Alpha Flight vol.1 #19, 1984 talks about how they can possibly reach 99% of lightspeed. Later I will give you the issues of his super speed.

Okay. I guess then that would make Northstar faster.

Man. No fair. Quicksilver was the speedster of Marvel before Northstar, stick out tongue .

Anyway, Quicksilver still has the best name. cool

long pig
He used to fly pretty regularly in the 70's.

The excuse was he could vibrate his thighs...really fast.

QS is supposed to be the guy who used Xavier and Wanda to make the HoM. Everyone else are just pawns in it.

long pig
Indeed

Actually I didn't know that. What's he do make current of wind and ride them?

Indeed, I saw the preview of Son of M with him on the cover dressed as a bum.
Yeah, if you look at the cover of the book you'll notice that all the normal people have "speed lines", as though they are all moving faster than QS.

So possibly QS will lose his powers after HoM gets done.

King_Mungi
Okay. I guess then that would make Northstar faster.

Man. No fair. Quicksilver was the speedster of Marvel before Northstar, stick out tongue .

Anyway, Quicksilver still has the best name. cool

He is faster and has more abilities, but I like Quicksilver more

Indeed, and why don't they just kill Northstar and let him stay dead. No joke he died 3 times in one month in seperate timelines and alternate universes (Wolverine, X-men: The End vol.2 #1, AOA 10th anniversary #2)

I say bring back Aurora to her full potential and get her out of the rubbish new Weapon X book.

Yeah, if you look at the cover of the book you'll notice that all the normal people have "speed lines", as though they are all moving faster than QS.

So possibly QS will lose his powers after HoM gets done.

Interesting perspective, it would be interesting to see him cope with life in the slow lane.

Metalmanx

QS is supposed to be the guy who used Xavier and Wanda to make the HoM. Everyone else are just pawns in it.

Since I've never read it, this is all weird to me.

You're telling me that QS is being Wanda going all psycho and such?

That doesn't seem like his style. He loves his sister more than anyone.

I mean, not that I doubt he can be just as diabolical as his father, it's just not his scene.

So is he really not super fast in HOM? I'm sorry, just confused.

King_Mungi
Since I've never read it, this is all weird to me.

You're telling me that QS is being Wanda going all psycho and such?

That doesn't seem like his style. He loves his sister more than anyone.

I mean, not that I doubt he can be just as diabolical as his father, it's just not his scene.

So is he really not super fast in HOM? I'm sorry, just confused.

It hasn't offically been revealed he is behind the crisis of HOM yet. However, many speculate he is; due to a series that is coming out after HOM is called Son of M and has QS on the cover. He is dressed up as a bum and his clothes are tatered and worn out, making it seem he had no where to go and he was on the "run".

In HOM he still is superfast, but in Son of M from the cover looks like he loses his speed. Don't know for sure.

long pig
It seems to be that he loved his sister too much. So much so that he would have rather changed the entire world with her and xavier's power, than allow the Avengers to kill Wanda (Which is what they were going to do if QS didn't intervene.).

QS has only been shown in a few panels, not really using his speed yet. The book we're talking about is post HoM called Son of Magnus. QS seems to be a bum, probably kicked out of superherodom by the other heroes who now no longer trust him. And he seems to be hella slow on the cover, so maybe they took his powers away for what he did.

Remember back in xforce when QS lost his power for a day? He almost went crazy.

Metalmanx
It seems to be that he loved his sister too much. So much so that he would have rather changed the entire world with her and xavier's power, than allow the Avengers to kill Wanda (Which is what they were going to do if QS didn't intervene.).

QS has only been shown in a few panels, not really using his speed yet. The book we're talking about is post HoM called Son of Magnus. QS seems to be a bum, probably kicked out of superherodom by the other heroes who now no longer trust him. And he seems to be hella slow on the cover, so maybe they took his powers away for what he did.

Remember back in xforce when QS lost his power for a day? He almost went crazy.

If he lost his speed for good, he'd probably just kill himself.

I know I would, especially after living such a life, and then being reduced to a snail's pace.

It would drive me freakin insane.

long pig
It's a cool premise, though.

wolverine8888
in a comic megneto said that his son quick silver was a good dela faster then north star he just cant fly. also north star at his best still only hero of a b list team. he neevr been an A class hero

Whirlysplatt

he did indeed often in avengers, he flew at hercules the first time smile

King_Mungi
It's a cool premise, though.

Yeah I happen to agree, it probally will be more interesting then the HOM concept.

Originally posted by wolverine8888
in a comic megneto said that his son quick silver was a good dela faster then north star he just cant fly. also north star at his best still only hero of a b list team. he neevr been an A class hero

Actually that's wrong, he is indeed faster. Northstar and formerly Aurora are mutants capable of reaching 99% of light speed. Like I said earlier if written correctly, Northstar wins. Yes, Wolverine says he was B list; but that is untrue as well.....well I would consider him B list in X-Men since he doesn't do anything (well he did beat Sabertooth, a feat Wolverine struggles with....so that must make Wolverine B list himself), but in Alpha Flight he was never B list.

wolverine8888
actauly he did not beat sabertooth he flew him away from the battle if u read later in the comic sabertooth was not even nocked out and he got him when he was not looking too. still sabertooth was fine. wolverine deffently a A list. also wolverine said even when they wer eon the team back in alpha flight he was never more then B-list at best

wolverine8888
also in that comic wolverine kills sabertooth

King_Mungi
actauly he did not beat sabertooth he flew him away from the battle if u read later in the comic sabertooth was not even nocked out and he got him when he was not looking too. still sabertooth was fine. wolverine deffently a A list. also wolverine said even when they wer eon the team back in alpha flight he was never more then B-list at best

I'm Refering to the events of X-Men vol.2 #163 (Dec 2004): "Well, Northstar was going to attack Sabretooth anyway, because Sabretooth was part of a squad of baddies attacking Xavier's Institute. Northstar runs up to Sabes in the forest outside of the academy and grabs him to start the attack. It was during the battle that this exchange occurred:

JP: Hello, Sabretooth-- Remember me? I'm the one with superspeed, and you're the one with the mutant healing power. Let's put both to the test, shall we?
Sabes: Yer more of a girl than your sister was, freak.
JP: AAAH! (uh, this is where Sabes rips open his arm)
JP: My... sister...? (small text)
JP: You know where Jeanne-Marie is?! (encircled in red) Tell me where she is now!

Then Northstar flies Sabes into a few dozen tree trunks, knocking him out.

JP: Or... ...we can wait till you wake up."
------

What Wolverine said was incorrect, pick up Alpha Flight comics to see for yourself. God back in Alpha Flight days, Wolverine was B list at best before his upgrades. Have you seen how many times over the years he has struggled with Sabertooth and Northstar quickly deposits him. That is not B list.

edit: Hell he has even knocked out Storm

jrodslam

Yes, Northstar did indeed beat Sabertooth. He was knocked out. After getting ko'd by Northstar, Sabertooth didnt appear in that comic again. That is X-Men #163. He was shown again in the next comic which is X-Men #164. Thats when he came to and was all bruised and battered then lost to Wolverine. Sabertooth definately wasnt fine my friend.

http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/6392/northstarvssabertooth16gm.th.jpg
http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/1023/northstarvssabertooth23ao.th.jpg

also in that comic wolverine kills sabertooth

False again sir. Wolverine fought him in the next issue(X-Men #164). They didnt even show the fight. And Wolverine claimed to have cut Sabertooth into chunks, which i think its PIS. They knew the fans would never buy that. Thats why they didnt even show the fight.

Metalmanx
I'd love to hear wolverine8888's explanation for this one.

"Well..uh...he couldn't do that to Wolverine!"

Yes, yes he could, my friend. Sabretooth is more durable and has a better healing factor than Wolverine, yet Northstar stomped him but pretty quickly.

Wolverine would go down faster.

Quicksilver still has the better name.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by jrodslam
Yes, Northstar did indeed beat Sabertooth. He was knocked out. After getting ko'd by Northstar, Sabertooth didnt appear in that comic again. That is X-Men #163. He was shown again in the next comic which is X-Men #164. Thats when he came to and was all bruised and battered then lost to Wolverine. Sabertooth definately wasnt fine my friend.

False again sir. Wolverine fought him in the next issue(X-Men #164). They didnt even show the fight. And Wolverine claimed to have cut Sabertooth into chunks, which i think its PIS. They knew the fans would never buy that. Thats why they didnt even show the fight.

Thanks for posting the scans, added credability to my post until I can get my scanner working again.

I'd love to hear wolverine8888's explanation for this one.

"Well..uh...he couldn't do that to Wolverine!"

Yes, yes he could, my friend. Sabretooth is more durable and has a better healing factor than Wolverine, yet Northstar stomped him but pretty quickly.

Wolverine would go down faster.

Quicksilver still has the better name.

In the AOA 10th anniversary #2, he and X-23 killed Aurora and Northstar in a completly dumb way which realistically wouldn't happen. Key point like I said, written correctly Northstar is indeed A list.

Yes, Quicksilver has a better name smile

willRules
Wow cheers for the pics eek! much appreciated big grin

snoopdogg
I checked my Alpha Flight vol. 1 #19 and I didnt see any mention of Northstar moving 99% speed of light.

Although I do think NS is faster. And I actually think he has a cooler name.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I checked my Alpha Flight vol. 1 #19 and I didnt see any mention of Northstar moving 99% speed of light.

Although I do think NS is faster. And I actually think he has a cooler name.

They don't say him, they say Aurora and did I get the issue number wrong? It for sure is true that he can possibly reach 99% of lightspeed, now I will have to rummage through to get the exact issue #. Bear with me, I'm busy right now

Cooler name? Now I know your crazy

King_Mungi
Sorry for the double post, but the 99% light speed was also mentioned in Northstar's Handbook Master Edition page

Warmonger
Sorry for the double post, but the 99% light speed was also mentioned in Northstar's Handbook Master Edition page

Uhm yeah in the vacuum of space, not on earth. In Marvel there is no speed force so there is nothing to protect him while he attempts to reach those speeds it would kill him.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Warmonger
Uhm yeah in the vacuum of space, not on earth. In Marvel there is no speed force so there is nothing to protect him while he attempts to reach those speeds it would kill him.

He has built up his body resistance due to he actually charged up and went through a Sentinel without any damage.

This is what it says in the databook, yet he can still do it just not for long.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/tf_Northstarback.jpg

From Marvel Directory.com:

Their abilities are different from Quicksilver, so by manipulating the kinetic energy it seems possible that they can build up a defence for their body. Plus who knows what other upgrades he got from the Hand.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.