Batman versus Batman beyond

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jplatinum
Terry Maginis is currently fighting a villain who can time travel.

He goes back in time and makes some changes that change time.

The scenario:

The fight has started, who will win?

EsteemedLeader
And Batman is winning by a landslide in the polls!

jplatinum
Damn I've outdone myself this time.

Colossus21
yo JP what is ur real name?

King KAM
Originally posted by jplatinum
Damn I've outdone myself this time.
Im watchin you......

jplatinum
Josh, but that, important dude.
Get back the fight, man.

King KAM
Batman wins if Terry Doesnt have the geezer version of wayne tellin him what to do.

EsteemedLeader
Batman has too much skill. If Terry has trouble against Stalker, he's going down...

jplatinum
Could be true, but what about terry's uncanny robin'like agility,reflexes, and dodging skill that rivals jackie chan.

He dodges laser swords by expert swordsman and women all the time.

Keep em coming, anyway.

King KAM
Originally posted by jplatinum
Could be true, but what about terry's uncanny robin'like agility,reflexes, and dodging skill that rivals jackie chan.

He dodges laser swords by expert swordsman and women all the time.

Keep em coming, anyway.
thats the suit, genetically batman is superior.

EsteemedLeader
Bat might be able to dismantle the suit, it would be like fighting himself though, since he makes it...

Orestes
In reality, Terry would win ... but only because of the advanced suit. He's wearing tech Batman himself created in the far future, and it makes him more than the original Batman ever was physically.

And as this is a physical contest ... the student will pwn the master.

EsteemedLeader
But Bat has the skill to beat dudes far stronger and faster than himself...

jplatinum
Eitherway, thats one hell of a task.

Terry has no kryptonite weaknesses which be exploited where he can't fight back(like with superman).

He can fight as good as the first robin(best robin/student of batman),
plus he has some of his own moves he learned off the street(remember he's been kicking gangster ass way before he met batman),
he has inhanced abilities reflexes,strength,agility, speed, and others that are all beyong even batman.

Though some are slightly, still they are beyond.

Like for instance, bruce can press maybe 800 lbs if all out,
Terry would press that without much real effort.

Bruce can be agilie as hell with grunts and strength it takes him to physically flip around and do those cool moves.
Terry does even better moves without even half the effort it takes bruce.

Bruce is uncanny fast reflexes.
Terry is easily faster.

Bruce is cunning and strategic.
Terry is cunning and strategic.

Bruce is more cunning and stategic though and a hell of a better skilled fighter.
Those are his only two advantages.
If he can exploit them, he'll win, if not, he'll loose.

There maybe more, but I'm just trying to be real-listic with the facts.

Damn, this is a goof fight.
Not an easy choice, it takes some thought, some analyzing, I love this fight thread.

Keep em coming.

EsteemedLeader
Bat is far superior in skill, and can do somethings that Terry can't do. Bat may not be as strong, but by focusing his blows, throw punches at least on par with Terry. Bats can even hurt Solomon Grundy, who can shake off blows from Superman, by taking advantage of pressure points, gadgets, and strategy. Batman is far more cunning as well...

jinzin
experience factor says batman to me... there's a reason bruce is still telling terry what to do...

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by jinzin
experience factor says batman to me... there's a reason bruce is still telling terry what to do...

Indeed, Terry is still young. His problem-solving skills are good, but Bruce is smarter than people give him credit for. He knows ways to take down near every member of the JLA...

Orestes
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Indeed, Terry is still young. His problem-solving skills are good, but Bruce is smarter than people give him credit for. He knows ways to take down near every member of the JLA...

With the benefit of years of one-sided prep-time, yes. That's not so impressive as people like to make it out to be. Give me Bruce's budget and the same amount of time and access, and I'll come up with some protocols of my own to take out every member of the JLA, too ... no problem. I'll even be more efficient with my approach than he was because I have no qualms about employing such things as firearms and explosives where needed.

It's not like Bruce just got out of bed one morning, said, "Hey, I should come up with a way to beat the other members of the JLA," and drew up some plans over breakfast. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Besides, it's irrelevant to this fight. You'll get no argument from me about Bruce being at least arguably smarter and definitely more experienced than Terry, but it will in no way make up the difference because this is a NO-PREP fight. It's just a physical contest, not a test of who's the better detective or even the better prep-guy. Super-strength, super-reflexes, FLIGHT, INVISIBILITY ... BB simply has way too many ways to win.

This fight would look like Pete McNealy (or however you spell his name) vs. Mike Tyson -- tons of deluded (white) fanboys cheering on ol' Pete right up 'till he gets his block knocked off, leaving them stunned.

'Cept replace Pete with the original Batman.

EsteemedLeader
But, he knows how to take faster, stronger, more agile opponents is my point. And his skill makes up for the physical gap, especially when you consider that if he damages the suit, not only does it hurt Terry, but there goes Terry's power...

jinzin
considering he made the suit he's already preped to nullify it.. batman wins... just like every other time batman is written properly.... shifty

Orestes
But, he knows how to take faster, stronger, more agile opponents is my point. And his skill makes up for the physical gap, especially when you consider that if he damages the suit, not only does it hurt Terry, but there goes Terry's power...

And my point is that his skill DOESN'T make up the physical gap. There's a much larger physical gap than skill gap, imo. Also, when your opponent is physically superior, it's not enough to be simply more skilled. You must be FAR more skilled ... disproportionately so, as compared to the physical difference. This is why big people beat up little people with ease and even the UFC uses weight classes now.

Of course, I'll grant that in a world of comic-book logic, that doesn't apply so much. Nevertheless, it's not just a physical difference; it's a difference in total abilities. Terry could just turn invisible and dive-bomb Batman from behind using a flight-enhanced kick, then fly away again. He doesn't have to stand there and trade blows at all.

This is why Batman's rogues are almost all non-powered, while Terry's tend to have superpowers -- they had to give Terry beefier rogues to enable them to keep pace with his own suit-granted powers.

Orestes
Originally posted by jinzin
considering he made the suit he's already preped to nullify it.. batman wins... just like every other time batman is written properly.... shifty

As of this fight, he hasn't made the suit yet, or he'd be wearing it. Try again. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin
Originally posted by Orestes
As of this fight, he hasn't made the suit yet, or he'd be wearing it. Try again. roll eyes (sarcastic)

no YOUUUUUUU don't get it! mad

he's batman... he's already prepared for that....

shifty

olympian
Batman wins.

Yeah that was easy.

EsteemedLeader
Batman IS FAR more skilled than Terry...

EvilCap America
Bat is far superior in skill, and can do somethings that Terry can't do. Bat may not be as strong, but by focusing his blows, throw punches at least on par with Terry. Bats can even hurt Solomon Grundy, who can shake off blows from Superman, by taking advantage of pressure points, gadgets, and strategy. Batman is far more cunning as well...

What version of Solomon Grundy?One like in Starman that can be killed by a dinky explosion or one that can slug it out with Superman?No way in HELL Bats can hurt someone in the class 100 range with just MAs ability hes not Karate Kid for gods sake

Anyways i favor Terry for a few reasons.1 namely hes jumping out of the blue on an evil batman who hasent been planning a "Shut down the suit" device for years in advance and 2 the suit gives Terry an already very capable H2H fighter a major boost to his physical abiliies

Terry was pretty good in BB half the time the other half dramatic tension ruled supreme and he would lose so a guest character could look important

King KAM
Actually the reason why bruce still tells terry what to do is because even thought Terry might be his son, he just doesnt have the mind that bruce has, he has the heart and the physical part down, but he just wasnt as smart as his oldman.

EsteemedLeader
Bruce uses knock-out gas...

OneDumbG0
Batman Beyond was very very cool. Real classy and close to the edge type of stuff. I could even look past the fact that Batman Beyond is basically Spider-Man crossed with Batman. Still, Bruce taught Terry everything he knows about fighting and tactics. And even if this is alternate reality Bruce, he could easily recognize his own techniques and tactics and counter them properly. And since he's a maniac and even Clark and his other hero friends couldn't bring him back from evil, I doubt Terry could either.

Metalmanx
I think Terry wins this fight.

He doesn't really have any weaknesses to exploit. Kinda like Bruce. Being normal human doesn't give you too many weaknesses (ya know, aside from the normal human durability thing, strength, speed, reflexes, etc.).

I just think Terry has what it takes to win.

Jargon343
Batman can take on Bane.

Batman can take on Croc.

Batman can take on Mr.Freeze.

And you're trying to tell me that the boost that Batman Beyond's 'hey I'm a loser whose not good enough to fight without this' suit is enough to make up the difference between someone whose essentially a Robin-level fighter and the Bat.

You could Batman Beyond in a tank and batman would still kick his ass.

Orestes
Terry would drop Croc with ease with his enhanced strength.

Bane and Mr. Freeze might be good enough to each match ONE of the Terrific Trio, but Terry beat all three of them at once.

Batman's outmatched by his own future-created tech here ... ironically beating himself. Like it or not.

jplatinum
Might be.

NoFate007
Batman's intelligence and skill beat Terry, although it is a good fight, but the master never teaches the student EVERYTHING he knows, so Batman knows what moves Terry would use even though its in the future, and he knows how to counteract those.

jplatinum
Terry was kicking ass before he met bruce, so bruce didn't tech him everything he knows.

Terry is a dog on a vicious dog on a leash, not a puppet like the old robins.

So don't even say that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.