mp3 Player

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mystifier
I seriously need an mp3 player. I was gonna get a simple cd player, but I don't find the idea of having to carry a load of cds around with me all the time pretty appealing.

What have you all got? And what would you recommend getting? Don't all jump out and say iPod, because you think they're cool and stuff. People complain about those alot too, heard a lot of negative feedback about them (battery life, etc), so I ain't too sure!

All I need is something that can hold a load of songs and will play them back to me so I can listen to my music on the move an all that. Oh and won't leave me broke for yonks to come!

Any suggestions?

jaden101
depends how much you're willing to pay

i like the new sony nwhd5 although it still uses sonic stage software which is a bit slow and glitchy at transfering the tracks to the player from your pc

http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.action?product=NW-HD5&site=odw_en_GB&pageType=3D&category=PAW+Network+Walkman

X-Woman
An ipod nano!!

dionymnia
I went for the Rio Carbon. Rio is usually recognized as the first company to bring out a portable MP3 player, and they're now discontinuing the production of their MP3 player line (I guess they're just done doing 'em...). Due to this, their players are starting to go on closeout. You can get a Rio CE2100, which holds 2.5 gig, for $100, and the Carbon, which holds 5 gig, I was able to get for $125 (refurbished, but still an AMAZING price). I really like it, and it's pretty stylish.

Here's a link to MySimon, which lists some dang good deals on the CE2100 (the 2.5 gig one):
http://www.mysimon.com/Rio_ce2100_2_5GB/4014-6490_8-31278314.html?ccmd=add&orderby=50&sort=asc

Tptmanno1
I have a 20 gig Ipod and I love it,
Haven't had any problems with it, and I found my 4 Gig mini to be too small..

Lana
Originally posted by X-Woman
An ipod nano!!

Yes, just throw your money away...considering that you can get a 20GB one for very little more....

forumcrew
go here http://reviews.cnet.com/Music/2001-6450_7-0.html?tag=cnetfd.dir

and look through, avoid ipod unless you wanna pay more for no reason.

finti
can just as well buy the Sony Ericson W800 combined cell phone and mp3 player

Storm
I own an iPod mini 6 GB, I' m very pleased with it and have no complaints whatsoever. If you' re looking for an mp3 player along the lines of the iPod mini, cost-effective, get the Creative Nomad MuVo2.

botankus
I love my Ipod mini, but judging by these recent TV commercials for that Nano thing, I'm afraid it's already obsolete. sad

T.M
the nano is pointless they have just made it a tiny bit smaller and put in a colour screen then increased the price.

shows how pointless it is Apple have said that they are not selling as much as they thought they would.

Mystifier
Well, thanks to everyone who replied! I was just checking up on the ones mentioned and the Sony NWHD5 mentioned seems quite good eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.