Most overrated character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
Who is the most overrated and over-hyped character out there? (i.e. who would you most like to see get the crap kicked out of them) evil face

Orestes
Batman and Batman and Batman and also Batman.

Here's my list:

1. Batman
2. Batman
3. Batman
4. Batman
5. Batman
6. Batman
7. Batman
8. Batman
9. Batman
10. All jedi stick out tongue

TheKahn
^^^ laughing

olympian
Thats a pretty nice list there.

TheKahn
how about Phoenix, Wolverine, Superman, & Spiderman?

I like some of these characters, but they get overrated too much by writers and fans

EsteemedLeader
Hulk.

TheKahn
Why is it nessary for so many characters to get overpowered? It seems every week Superman gets stronger, Wolverine beats a character he shoudn't beat, or Magneto becomes more powerful. Why can't people get that having characters be so strong doesn't add anything to the characters? And the fanboys are even worse!

EsteemedLeader
Like the "Hulk lifted a mountain" thing...

jinzin
SQUIRREL GIRL mad

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by jinzin
SQUIRREL GIRL mad

Who exactly is Squirrel Girl? confused

8bitChris
She controls Squirrels and she beat Dr. Doom!

She is a member of the Great Lakes X-men

Tha C-Master
Again!!!!????

Welcome back esteemed.

guy smiley
In this forum Silver Surfer and Juggernaut. In actual comics I'd say Wolverine (sorry Logan fanboys. I love Wolverine but he is way too overrated. He was written best in the 80's.) Batman is another way too overrated character. He's a normal human so there's no way he should be doing the shit he does but he is a comic book character...

8bitChris
Silver Surfer overrated? No way. He's just "that" strong!

EvilCap America
These things tend to eb and flow alot depending on the forum or whats happening in comics as of right now but generally

Wolverine
Superman
Gladiator
Batman

I remember back a couple years ago on other boards Pheonix was barely mentioned and at best just another figure in Marvels big cosmic mish-mash of beings but now on THIS board shes the ultimete being in the unverse and apparently went back to the 40s and created Stan Lee Kirby etc

These kind of things develop now and then and depending on the time frame there will always be certain overrated characters that were fairly recently allowed to do something stupid.On the Heroclix forum i remember a trend where Marvel Sandman was essentially turned into an invincible demigod "beatting" guys like Aquaman with the water hand and such.Similarly i bet if the internet was up in the 80s we would have had a few "Dazzler4EvR" posters that would talk endlessly about her beatting Dr.Doom and Galactus

LGodamus
hmmm
1.batman.......2.superman.......3.wolverine...........4.spiderman

now I actually like all of these guys, BUT in their comics and especially on this forum they are WAY over the top......

batman beats everyone he fights
superman could kill everyone but god
wolverine is god
spider man could beat all the xmen with one hand

so sayeth the fan boys

Jargon343
Originally posted by TheKahn
Why is it nessary for so many characters to get overpowered? It seems every week Superman gets stronger, Wolverine beats a character he shoudn't beat, or Magneto becomes more powerful. Why can't people get that having characters be so strong doesn't add anything to the characters? And the fanboys are even worse!

For one, because fanboys don't wanna see their fave characters lose. For another, it makes it alot easier to write a storyline if the hero just has to beat the shit out of the bad guy, instead of doing something clever to come out on top.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.