Did anything in the Bible realy happen.Is any of it real?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
Adam and Eve,Noahs Arc,Sodom and Gaumura,all of the new testiment.Did any of this realy ever happen?
I can't realy find any proof for any of it.

debbiejo
laughing out loud

tabletalk

I don't know what do you thinK?....hmmm..I don't know, do you know?....hmmmm.....NO...ok maybe....ahhhh...now I'm confused.

mr.smiley
I can't find anything that realy gives the Bible or it's stories a lot of credible evidence.

We know Pilate and Paul existed.That's a start.

debbiejo
Hmmm...I don't know...do you know?...Maybe we should throw the Bible away... confused

Though seriously...I feel Paul was a gnostic...they only sniped out pieces of his pages and pasted them into the Bible....No body should ever read Paul....he was evil.....he hated women.....Paul = Bad.....And that is what most churches doctrines are based on and they don't even know it.

mr.smiley
I agree.Paul had to be a Gnostic.Read his letters and compare it to the Bibles Paul.Two different people.

debbiejo
Yeah, the gnostics praise Paul...Very Highly....High esteem....

Beliver
Can someone explain something to me.....Adam and Eve. Man + Woman = 2 Boys. That much I can grasp. Now Cain + Abel????? or does the entirety of man kind as we know it (according to the Bible) stem from an incestuous family.

I heard from somewhere (can't remember where) that for the human species to propogate successfully (and not end up with gene-pool stagnation) there needs to 25 men and 25 women all of whom must not be related. If the Bible is correct, then they were short by about forty odd people?!?

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by Beliver
Now Cain + Abel????? or does the entirety of man kind as we know it (according to the Bible) stem from an incestuous family.

?????? huh????? i don't get you....

but i do believe everything in the Bible is real......

this is my opinion.....

I respect yours....

big gay kirk
Originally posted by Beliver
Can someone explain something to me.....Adam and Eve. Man + Woman = 2 Boys. That much I can grasp. Now Cain + Abel????? or does the entirety of man kind as we know it (according to the Bible) stem from an incestuous family.

yup.... incest was not expressly forbidden until the time of Moses.....it was all about racial purity.... the people of Abram and israel were not supposed to marry outside the tribe, except when commanded by god...

finti
no wonder they were lunis

Deano
somethings have a basis of truth in them..i believe

debbiejo
Some....some...yes..

gp christ loves
according to historians there are many other books that the things in the bible are proved by most historians say that the bible is more accurate than any other history book is thus proving that the things in the bible did happen

Atlantis001
The bible is not that bad.... somethings did happened, like Egypt, Israel, Babylon...

Deano
Originally posted by debbiejo
Some....some...yes..

what i mean is when the bible talks of how gods came down from the heavens and interbred with the sons of man. what if they wasnt gods, but instead extraterrestrials. there is lots of evidence to suggest ET's played a vital role in the shape of our evolution.

i reccomend reading 'fingerprint of the gods' and 'chariot of the gods'

debbiejo
Originally posted by Deano
what i mean is when the bible talks of how gods came down from the heavens and interbred with the sons of man. what if they wasnt gods, but instead extraterrestrials. there is lots of evidence to suggest ET's played a vital role in the shape of our evolution.

i reccomend reading 'fingerprint of the gods' and 'chariot of the gods'

Hmmmmmmmm...Interesting...you sound like my brother in law....

RedAlertv2
Im reall interested as to how humanity started. If what Beliver said is true, how did we begin?

finti
like what, the flood story, exodus, the genesis???

Darth Traya
The bible is just mainly allegory and pleasing wordplay.

mr.smiley
Originally posted by gp christ loves
according to historians there are many other books that the things in the bible are proved by most historians say that the bible is more accurate than any other history book is thus proving that the things in the bible did happen

I would realy like to talk to these historians because they must be on some very good crack to come up with that conclusion.

Shakyamunison

finti
what?

Pain is real, an emotion and feeling due to a happening but still real.

I cut my hand but is it real or not, well it hurts and it bleeds and I can see the cut, so tell me what is not real, truth and fact here.

Cuting my hand is the fact/truth, that it hurt is the truth/fact, that it bleeds is a fact/truth that I can see the cut is the truth/fact.... the pain felt was real, the blood shed was real, the vision of it was real the happening of events was real

Shakyamunison

finti
I referred to your statement Real can not be understood by anyone but a Buddha So if you go back and read what I quoted you would see I referred to this quota only

you can turn off pain to a certain degree but I promise you this sudden inflicts of pain cant be turned off now matter how well drilled you are in it

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by finti
...Real can not be understood by anyone but a Buddha ...

So you have a problem with this statement. Do you know what a Buddha is?

finti
yes I know what a buddah is/are or what they try to be...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by finti
yes I know what a buddah is/are or what they try to be...

Sorry, that's not what I'm talking about. It's kind of Buddhist inside joke. A Buddha is an enlightened person, we are all enlightened, just most people are unaware of this enlightenment. So I was saying that we can all understand what is real if we just realize it.

finti
i just skip the buddha part though and go for the rest

debbiejo
laughing out loud

gp christ loves
those who are blinded to the light of christ dont know the truth but those of us who know christ know that the things in the bible did happen and we don't question them

finti
those who are so blinded by the light of their faith are so cause they are too afraid of the truth

debbiejo
Yeah...and it causes lots of problems for other people....If you think about it, it's the ones who believe in the "One God" who persecute others....Funny how people who believe in reincarnation don't do that...Or other beliefs or non beliefs....only the One God believers...ie Christians, Muslim.

DigiMark007
God has a language? And His word can be translated to any language and go through countless tweaks and revisions and remain the unfailing Truth?

Language limits thought. If God is as he is supposed to be in Christain thought, the idea that any of it can be "the true word of God" in written language, and told through fallible human beings, is a bit preposterous, especially considering translational problems throughout history.

Show me a universe and I'll tell you there's a God. But a book can't get me to the same conclusion. So I suppose, in that sense, none of it is "true" though a few people (like Pilate and Paul, mentioned earlier) definitely existed.

Side bar, though. I feel a touch of guilt always bashing my former religion here...there's nothing wrong with a lot of Jesus' message. "Love one another." Hell, it doesn't get much more simple and profound. The precepts upon which the religion is based, suspect at best, horribly flawed at worst. But at least a decent amount of their teachings still do more good than harm.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by gp christ loves
and we don't question them

That's what is so scary. I have no problem with anyone of any faith (yourself included). But I think we should all question, if only to reaffirm what we believe.

finti
if not its blind faith and nothing is more dangerous than religious people with blind faith

Storm
Some of the events described did happen; archaeological evidence in the form of physical evidence or supporting documents from other sources can be found for some of the battles, the political struggles, and the building and collapse of cities.

debbiejo
Originally posted by DigiMark007
(Side bar, though. I feel a touch of guilt always bashing my former religion here...there's nothing wrong with a lot of Jesus' message. "Love one another." .

I feel the same way....and it's great that you looked into your religion...Just as I did....though many will never never do that...Maybe tooo scared on what they'll find out, or that it's Satan putting those doubts or thoughts into their heads to do the searching...Also many churches tell you not to read books outside the Christian book stores.

mr.smiley
Most of Jesus' teaching can be attributed to Plato too!

zombieman
The bible is nothing more than a book of odious lies. What stopped Jesus Christ from turning every stone into bread to wipe out hunger? I don't remember hearing how Moses reacted when the angel of death slaughtered the innocent first born sons! And what, was God more demonstrative back when he parted the sea?

Hmmm, Adam and Eve or the theory of evolution? I know which one I find more convincing. The divine hand theory of creation, or the big bang?

We live in an age of scientific enlightenment, anyone who still subscribes to these metaphysical beliefs is ignorant and / or gullible.

RedAlertv2
theoretically a diety could have caused the big bang. seeing as how if it had been even slightly different the universe never would have formed, it isnt hard to beleive someone greater was on our side.

zombieman
'Someone?!' how is it possible that a person existed amongst nothingness? Think about it logically.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
seeing as how if it had been even slightly different the universe never would have formedThis exact universe... yes. "Never would have formed"? That's a very big assumption.

debbiejo
Originally posted by zombieman

We live in an age of scientific enlightenment, anyone who still subscribes to these metaphysical beliefs is ignorant and / or gullible.

Metaphysical is not biblical.....In fact it's the enemy of biblical teachings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.