Beyond the 7 Books - Lily Evans Series, Young Dumbledore Series, Adult Potter Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cybervader
I do not know if this has been discussed before, but i'm just giving ideas to Rowling,if she's reading this..haha

Why restrict to 7 books? and 7 films based on those books?

I was thinking, the 7 books can be called the 'Harry Potter Series'. Then perhaps she can go on writing about the Magical World 20 years back for instance..or about the First War..where the dark times story of Voldemort's first rising to power..with Lily Evans as the protagonist..the Lily Evans series could end with her death of cos..its ending would lead to Book 1 of the original Harry Potter Series.

Or the Young Dumbledore Series, where we can see the young Dumbledore in school..and what he did after he left school and stuff.

And if Harry didn't die in Book 7, a series on his adult life..the Adult Potter Series..and insights on what the characters all do in their adult life..haha..i think he would most probably become Professor Harry Potter, choosing to teach rather than an Auror. Haha!

But i'm more for the Lily Evans Series..that would make us appreciate the fear of Voldemort better. What do u guys think?

DarkC
She said...no more novels.

actor
I think the 'Lily Evans Series' is a good idea. But, it would be dragging it if she did that, so ... i hope it dosn't happen (but i would still be happy if it did)

Cybervader
Yah maybe she's tired of it all..she's already richer than the Queen, is that true? imagine the amount she can make with let's say 4 books in the Lily Evans Series.

Yah we can say tt it wud be interesting to read the prequel to the harry potter series,but we muz bear in mind that harry potter is still a children's book rite? and lily evans is hardly a child during voldemort's first reign of terror.

ok let's juz make Lily Evans Series an adult book..for more appeal to the more mature young and adult readers..since the horrors of voldemort is too gorrie for children aniwae yeah...

shaber
She said no prequels and sequels unlikely. She suggested an encyclopedia of minor characters though as a way to milk the franchise for all its worth.

Ushgarak
Of course, any idea you ever 'give' to Rowling she cannot ever use, so best to keep your mouth shut...

big gay kirk
Rumour alert... working title, "The adventures of hermione Granger..." Allegedly JK has been considering a series of books aimed at eleven plus age group, based on the adventures of a magic using detective in the muggle world... Hermione will probably not be the lead character (but then, we all know about working titles...) but it will possibly be set in the harry Potter universe...

exanda kane
lol - this idea is silly...altho if she was american she'd probly drain the franchise for all its worth...even now she's lost much of the prestige with the harry Potter boxes xD

Cybervader
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Of course, any idea you ever 'give' to Rowling she cannot ever use, so best to keep your mouth shut...

What the..? Even if she do not write those prequels, some other writer might..after permission by Rowling, though of cos they would not be canon..Just like star wars..they way the various books are written by other writers..offering explanations here and there..EU..

leana marie
i think itd be interesting if she did but she wont.

Cybervader
She will. We should all pray she will. If not when the last book is published, we would have nothing to hold on to.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Cybervader
She will. We should all pray she will. If not when the last book is published, we would have nothing to hold on to. No, I think she should stop while she is ahead.

melane
i wish she would

but..........

she wont.

Barker
We need no more. 13

x_hp_fan
Originally posted by The Phantom
No, I think she should stop while she is ahead.

Cybervader
We all need to have a serious discussion about this. Please, do not avoid it! Think about the future of Harry Potter now!!..not merely discussing about Book 7.

I am a Star Wars, LOTR and Harry Potter fan. Seeing how things just got ridiculously stagnant after the release of Epissode III Revenge of the Sith, i do not wish for Harry Potter to share the same fate after Book 7 (and its future movie). LOTR is a classic..and if Rowling wanna head towards that, she hafta take a leaf out of Tolkiens's book and continue to write!

Cybervader
From Wikipedia:

Beyond book seven
Rowling confimed that there isn't a university after Hogwarts and further Harry Potter books.

Q: Do you think that you will write about Harry after he graduates from Hogwarts? Isn't there a University of Wizardry?

A: (T)here's no University for Wizards. At the moment I'm only planning to write seven Harry Potter books. I won't say "never," but I have no plans to write an eighth book.

When asked about other books similar to Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Rowling has said that she would consider writing them at some point and that they would also be written for charity. She also mentions writing an encyclopedia-style tome on all the major characters, also for charitable purposes.

Shortly before the release of book 5, in an interview for the BBC, she was asked about Harry's future by Jeremy Paxman:

JEREMY PAXMAN: So you know what is going to become of all the major characters over the span of the series?

J.K. ROWLING: Yeah..yeah.

JEREMY PAXMAN: Why stop when they grow up? Might be interesting to know what becomes of Harry as an adult.

J.K. ROWLING: How do you know he'll still be alive?

JEREMY PAXMAN: Oh. At the end of book seven?

J.K. ROWLING: It would be one way to kill off the merchandising.

When questioned about possible future books, she jokingly suggested Harry Potter's mid-life crisis.

and..

Regarding the existence of Harry Potter novels beyond the seventh, Rowling has said that she might write an eighth book some day, but it will not continue the life of Harry and his friends. If she does, she intends it to be a sort of encyclopedia of the wizarding world, containing concepts and snippets of information that were not relevant enough to the novels' plots to be included in them.

She has also said that she will not write any sort of prequel to the novels, since by the time the series ends all the necessary back story will have been revealed.

Hmmm..

Nickey
I do not know if this has been discussed before, but i'm just giving ideas to Rowling,if she's reading this..haha

Why restrict to 7 books? and 7 films based on those books?

I was thinking, the 7 books can be called the 'Harry Potter Series'. Then perhaps she can go on writing about the Magical World 20 years back for instance..or about the First War..where the dark times story of Voldemort's first rising to power..with Lily Evans as the protagonist..the Lily Evans series could end with her death of cos..its ending would lead to Book 1 of the original Harry Potter Series.

Or the Young Dumbledore Series, where we can see the young Dumbledore in school..and what he did after he left school and stuff.

And if Harry didn't die in Book 7, a series on his adult life..the Adult Potter Series..and insights on what the characters all do in their adult life..haha..i think he would most probably become Professor Harry Potter, choosing to teach rather than an Auror. Haha!

I agree. big grin
She sould make more novels, or series.
All lot of fans will be really upset when she ends the story. embarrasment
And I will hate J.K. Rowling if she kills Harry, Hermione, or Ron off! mad

But i'm more for the Lily Evans Series..that would make us appreciate the fear of Voldemort better. What do u guys think?

Nickey
Originally posted by Nickey

Sorry my bad.
I wrote something, but it didn't appear.
Sorry for double posting!

The Phantom
Originally posted by Nickey
Sorry my bad.
I wrote something, but it didn't appear.
Sorry for double posting! Edit button, dearie.

Hmm. Twould be interesting to have a new main character go through Hogwarts and we follow that persons point of view and everything. I mean, like a couple of years after Harry Potter leaves or something. Eh, who knows. I still think she should stop while she is ahead.

melane
Originally posted by melane
i wish she would

but..........

she wont.

fg and sd
it would be really good if she could

anyway there isnt any reason that she wouldnt write more

it would be really really good if she does, id like the adult potter series

Cybervader
Yeah yes to Adult Potter Series!! Will he be an Auror, Professor or Minister for Magic himself?? yoohoo.. big grin

The Phantom
Originally posted by fg and sd
it would be really good if she could

anyway there isnt any reason that she wouldnt write more

it would be really really good if she does, id like the adult potter series Why she shouldn't. Let's see. She could set herself up for a fall.

Cybervader
Fans wise, that didn't happen with Tolkien. Though it arguably did to Lucas.

Rowling has to continue works, even if they are not mainstream (i.e. the novels) in order to cater to her fan base, who would thirst for more Potter books.

Tolkien did that with The Adventures of Tom Bombadil and so on. After his death, it was the Silmarillion, History of Middle-Eart and such..released by his son. Since Rowling has no offsprings i suggest she does all that on her own!

The likes of Quidditch Thru the Ages and Fantastic Beasts proved to be popular.. Think about that.

Dresta
the encyclopedia thing is a good idea.

Cybervader
How about publishing "Hogwarts: A History" itself? Great idea eh!.. i'll definitely buy that one.. at least Hermione dont feel alone anymore.. wink

melane
How about publishing "Hogwarts: A History" itself? Great idea eh!.. i'll definitely buy that one.. at least Hermione dont feel alone anymore.. wink
good idea.wsh she would publish it...

fg and sd
how would she fall if she published the other series

H. S. 6
I want a big, leather bound spell book. droolio

div
"Fans wise, that didn't happen with Tolkien. Though it arguably did to Lucas.

Rowling has to continue works, even if they are not mainstream (i.e. the novels) in order to cater to her fan base, who would thirst for more Potter books.

Tolkien did that with The Adventures of Tom Bombadil and so on. After his death, it was the Silmarillion, History of Middle-Eart and such..released by his son. Since Rowling has no offsprings i suggest she does all that on her own!

The likes of Quidditch Thru the Ages and Fantastic Beasts proved to be popular.. Think about that."

Jk does have offspring no expression no expression..about 3?

H. S. 6
I was just about to say... JKR has like, three children. stick out tongue

Mr. Bacon
she has a child to take care of, if she ever did change her mind it wouldnt be for years to come

babysooner13
I saw her on one of her interviews a long time ago. She said that even if she died before the last Potter book was made, that she would never share her ideas with anyone so that they could go on and finish it for her. She said seven is enough. Potter is her life, unfortunately, she's only making seven. It's something that won't be done.

Truce_or_Dare
If J.K. would write a book about the magical world,I'd choose the young Albus' life.He's all mysterious and really unknown.Also,I doubt Rowling would write abouot adult Harry's life,if he survives book 7,since she said no more novels of Harry Potter after book 7,but she still can tell details before Harry Potter.That would be cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.