Keylogger...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pr1983
I suspect someone is using a keylogger at home...

but this one can take screencaps of webcams, and sound played through a mike too...

any idea what it is and how i can get rid of it?

eggmayo
Try Ctrl+Alt+Delete and look through all the processes, or use Add/Remove Programs. Also, you can look at the items bottom right, very carefully. I had a keylogger once that used the Network Connection Logo.

pr1983
k, thanks, will do... smile

yerssot
sounds more of a virus than a keylogger

pr1983
well i ran several scans... and pc perfromance hasnt been otherwise affected... and of course nobody in my family knows the first thing about viruses... stick out tongue

eggmayo
How did you find out about the screencaps and sounds?
Are they in a folder somewhere?

jerlark386
Originally posted by pr1983
I suspect someone is using a keylogger at home...

but this one can take screencaps of webcams, and sound played through a mike too...

any idea what it is and how i can get rid of it?

What is it that makes you suspicious?
If you're right,however, that generally means your hardrive is FCKD.

pr1983
Originally posted by eggmayo
How did you find out about the screencaps and sounds?
Are they in a folder somewhere?

Originally posted by jerlark386
What is it that makes you suspicious?
If you're right,however, that generally means your hardrive is FCKD.

just subtle hints left by other users of the pc... though i may have been wrong...

Saratn
ok if it was keylogger, it might not appear on your computer hard drive. it could appear completly invisible. my father has this software that is able to see what my brothers do on their computer from his and it is completly invisible.

eggmayo
That could so be used for illegal purposes..

Hit_and_Miss
sounds more like a trojan.... Try getting an upto date virus scanner... try nortan...

You can check online what programes being ran in your alt-ctrl-delete screen are... but you will need to get rid of them!

eggmayo
Go into the start menu > Run: and type msconfig

Then, go to the Services tab, and this is every program that loads up at boot-up.
Cancel any that look suspicious, but be very careful, some can harm the way your pc works.

Koala MeatPie
Uh, Might be some hardware key logger, open up your PC and look for any suspicious wires with boxes, Look around where your keyboard is conencted, If your really desperate, open up your Keyboard, SOme key logging ahrdware is small enough to be hidden inside the keyboard.

Raz
Use a virus scanner. They detect keyloggers.

http://free.grisoft.com/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.