Dooku obsession

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aniki
There seems to be a prevailing view by a lot of people who post here that Dooku is some all-powerful master who is better than everyone. It seems clear that most of these people are not being truly objective on their assessments on who is better who. A popular consensus among a lot of people is that Dooku was better than Anakin in ROTS and lost the duel on purpose. As far as we can tell Dooku lost because Anakin finally outclassed him and to believe otherwise is simply due to your bias for Dooku.

Veneficus
Originally posted by aniki
There seems to be a prevailing view by a lot of people who post here that Dooku is some all-powerful master who is better than everyone. It seems clear that most of these people are not being truly objective on their assessments on who is better who. A popular consensus among a lot of people is that Dooku was better than Anakin in ROTS and lost the duel on purpose. As far as we can tell Dooku lost because Anakin finally outclassed him and to believe otherwise is simply due to your bias for Dooku. laughing

PVS
actually, dooku was defeated because anakin channeled the dark side of the force. dooku egged him on and made him release his anger, hatred and lust for revenge. i think he did this because he was overconfident and simply hoped to turn anakin to the darkside, make him HIS apprentice, and then they could kill off sidious. the same plot that vader had against the emporer. dooku probably figured that he was powerful enough to hold anakin back,
but not kill his potential prized apprentice. notice how grief stricken he seemed when he cut off anakin's arm in ep2.

so no, dooku wasnt 'better' but as long as he was a sith and anakin was fighting by the jedi code (disrearding his arrogant rush in ep2), dooku was more powerful, as we clearly saw. once anakin turned (if for a moment) then he became far more powerful than dooku. anakin didnt necessarily 'outclass' him in the sense that he brought himself down to the level of a sith in order to defeat him.

Lord J
what was the question no expression

PVS
the initial post wasnt a question.
it was a statement.
one which however agreeable, i felt was not entirely accurate.

but thanks no expression

Admiral Akbar
There seems to be a prevailing view by a lot of people who post here that Dooku is some all-powerful master who is better than everyone. It seems clear that most of these people are not being truly objective on their assessments on who is better who. A popular consensus among a lot of people is that Dooku was better than Anakin in ROTS and lost the duel on purpose. As far as we can tell Dooku lost because Anakin finally outclassed him and to believe otherwise is simply due to your bias for Dooku.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
actually, dooku was defeated because anakin channeled the dark side of the force.

This is also how Luke beat Vader, in ROTJ

PVS
yes
only difference was, in his right state of mind, anakin still was on a mission to fight and defeat dooku.

in the case of luke, in his right state of mind he refused to fight vader.
so there is no telling who would have won in a light vs. dark matchup. we can assume, but not know.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
yes
only difference was, in his right state of mind, anakin still was on a mission to fight and defeat dooku.

in the case of luke, in his right state of mind he refused to fight vader.
so there is no telling who would have won in a light vs. dark matchup. we can assume, but not know.

As in his right 'hand' state of mind. I always thought that it was seeing that, the symbolism of his own mechanical hand, represented that he was becoming the very thing he had always hated.

I also think that was how Obi-Wan truely won his Jedi trial, and was given the rank of Jedi Knight. Because, his anger is what led him to start loosing the lightsabre duel with Maul. Until he calmed himself (granted, while hanging off the edge of the shaft on Naboo) and got back in touch with the light side of the force, and was ultimatly able to beat him.

b-dan
Originally posted by PVS
actually, dooku was defeated because anakin channeled the dark side of the force. dooku egged him on and made him release his anger, hatred and lust for revenge. i think he did this because he was overconfident and simply hoped to turn anakin to the darkside, make him HIS apprentice, and then they could kill off sidious. the same plot that vader had against the emporer. dooku probably figured that he was powerful enough to hold anakin back,
but not kill his potential prized apprentice. notice how grief stricken he seemed when he cut off anakin's arm in ep2.

so no, dooku wasnt 'better' but as long as he was a sith and anakin was fighting by the jedi code (disrearding his arrogant rush in ep2), dooku was more powerful, as we clearly saw. once anakin turned (if for a moment) then he became far more powerful than dooku. anakin didnt necessarily 'outclass' him in the sense that he brought himself down to the level of a sith in order to defeat him. exactly and dooku does suck really anie could kill him and dooku did not let him self be killed like u siad channeld the dark side and i dout he could of killed the chosen one hes a pussy he ran away from yoda

PVS
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
As in his right 'hand' state of mind. I always thought that it was seeing that, the symbolism of his own mechanical hand, represented that he was becoming the very thing he had always hated.

absoluetly. that was lukes moment of clarity. when you think about it, hacking vader's hand off was the best thing that could have happened. he could just as easily have gone for a decapitation

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I also think that was how Obi-Wan truely won his Jedi trial, and was given the rank of Jedi Knight. Because, his anger is what led him to start loosing the lightsabre duel with Maul. Until he calmed himself (granted, while hanging off the edge of the shaft on Naboo) and got back in touch with the light side of the force, and was ultimatly able to beat him.

ah yes, and it seemed that he only succumbed to his anger for that brief moment when their sabers locked. many argue that he was angry the whole time, but i would say he was simply aggressive. but in that one moment he gave a hateful gaze into maul's eyes, and that left a split second window of opportunity. all it took was a second of clouded judgement

PVS
Originally posted by b-dan
exactly and dooku does suck really anie could kill him and dooku did not let him self be killed like u siad channeld the dark side and i dout he could of killed the chosen one hes a pussy he ran away from yoda

you missed my point entirely it seems.

dooku had anakin matched in every way until anakin channeled the darkside.
so really he wasnt 'better'. just more powerful as a dark sider.

and dooku wasnt a 'pussy' for running away from yoda.
it was a wise move considering if he stayed he would have been
killed and the sith's plans would have been brought to a screaching halt.
he was the key in unifying the senate to allow the clone army
and palps' emergency powers.

Jedi Priestess
Dooku? Pfffft he's always been the geriatric Sith lord to me.

PVS
sex appeal does not equal power stick out tongue

Tangible God
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Dooku? Pfffft he's always been the geriatric Sith lord to me. lol

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by PVS
sex appeal does not equal power stick out tongue

that has NOTHING to do with it you twit! stick out tongue

He's lame, I hated the addition of his character in ATOC and I hated the fact he continued into ROTS.

pr1983
imo dooku was a much better character than maul and was wasted horribly... he should have been in since episode 1... qui gon v dooku... droolio

Jedi Priestess
eh I wish they'd have kept Maul myself. pr did you see the clip from Arrival that came out today?

SS_181st_Snow
THAT would have been interesting to watch. Qui-Gon and Obi-wan vs. Dooku. It'd've made a good shocker in the theatres.

pr1983
eh I wish they'd have kept Maul myself. pr did you see the clip from Arrival that came out today?

nope, what was it?

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by b-dan
exactly and dooku does suck really anie could kill him and dooku did not let him self be killed like u siad channeld the dark side and i dout he could of killed the chosen one hes a pussy he ran away from yoda

Man, you need writing lessons... and your logic is terrible..

pr1983
Dooku = wiped the floor with obi, who is arguably a better swordsman than ani... kicked both their asses in episode 2... and stalemated yoda... pussy? i doubt it...

b-dan
o well dooku is still a gay homo the only cool thing is his bent lightsaber

Admiral Akbar
what are your reasons? oh wait you dont have any.....

Sorgo
Ok, Dooku's ultimate Fan just walked into the thread, and isn't very happy with it.

Did you ever think there is so many Dooku fans because Dooku kicks major ass? HUH?

Dooku was one of the only Charasmatic Sith Lord whom was a Master Swordsman and the leader of a fine army.

He had chances during his final fight to dispatch Dooku, but did not. He cut the little prick's arm off prievously and used the force to launch a three ton metal platform on top of a useless Kenobi.

Anakin didn't simply "whoop Dooku's ass". He got played for a long period of the fight, being why Dooku was smiling during their fight. There was more behind that and a three year old child from a mile away could see that shit.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by pr1983
nope, what was it?

it is good. It's on AOL. And tonight they showed a new trailer! W00t! eek! that was even better.

And to Mr. Ultimate Dooku fan. Big Whoop! Star Wars is about the story of Anakin Skywalker. Dont recall them making a saga about the geriatric sith. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sorgo
Big Whoop!

AND IT'S OUT OF THE PARK!

Jedi Priestess
Sorry you obsequious twit. Thats all your comment deserved. laughing out loud

Veneficus
Originally posted by Sorgo
Ok, Dooku's ultimate Fan just walked into the thread, and isn't very happy with it.

Did you ever think there is so many Dooku fans because Dooku kicks major ass? HUH?

Dooku was one of the only Charasmatic Sith Lord whom was a Master Swordsman and the leader of a fine army.

He had chances during his final fight to dispatch Dooku, but did not. He cut the little prick's arm off prievously and used the force to launch a three ton metal platform on top of a useless Kenobi.

Anakin didn't simply "whoop Dooku's ass". He got played for a long period of the fight, being why Dooku was smiling during their fight. There was more behind that and a three year old child from a mile away could see that shit.

Its hopeless Sorgo this is the movie forums and its filled with Anakin lovers who hate EU and think Sidious defeated Mace.

Sorgo
Sorry you obsequious twit. Thats all your comment deserved. laughing out loud

You're fast to press the excuse button, yes?

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Veneficus
who hate EU .

yes so maybe you boys would fare better at tfn laughing out loud

No you just arent worth the effort Sorgo.

Sorgo
yes so maybe you boys would fare better at tfn laughing out loud

No you just arent worth the effort Sorgo.

I am not worth the effort, yet you still continue. Hmm...

darthvader_fan
niether am i

Tangible God
I am........tomorrow.

cameron666
Sidious instructed dooku to be taken captive by anakin, but then betrayed him

Sir Mist
There seems to be a prevailing view by a lot of people who post here that Dooku is some all-powerful master who is better than everyone.

So far Ive seen nothing to support this...confused

I like Dooku, doesnt make me worship him as an all powerful master who is better than everyone.

But hey, thats my opinion.

Why would you even bother making a thread for pointing out everyones elses opinions?

b-dan
Originally posted by Sorgo
I am not worth the effort, yet you still continue. Hmm... first off nice sug and pic Keronen is cool the only thing i like about dooku is this he always tlaks about the dark side like u know when he goes ill show u the true power of the dark side i like it when the sith tlak like that but he didnt get thos weird yellow eyes like Sideous ,Maul, or vader why is that was he not a complete sith or something??

pr1983
it is good. It's on AOL. And tonight they showed a new trailer! W00t! eek! that was even better.

And to Mr. Ultimate Dooku fan. Big Whoop! Star Wars is about the story of Anakin Skywalker. Dont recall them making a saga about the geriatric sith. roll eyes (sarcastic)

its lukes... the ot is luke, pt is anakin... stick out tongue

i'll look out for that trailer btw...

dooku had to have some ulterior motive... there's no way in a one on one he'd be beaten by anakin so easily... unless he'd been told to or something...

he was in interesting character, he had charisma, not like maul or grievous who just stood around looking mean... dooku toyed with and intimidated his opponents...

systemshock2
Dooku was by far one of the best supporting characters of the prequel. He was the true fallen jedi. At least Anakin had a solid and plausible reason to join the dark side, to try and save Padme, but with Dooku there was never no definitive answer. Did he do it to gain more power, or because of the corruption in the Republic, or because of Qui-Gon's death, or to thwart Sidious' rise to power, and so on. Everything about him was so mysterious, even during the final moments of his life. That factor, added with his political charisma and unmatched fighting skills, is what makes him a great character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.