Your favorite King from the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WindDancer
Usually I go with King David. But I'm more of a King Solomon fan. I like his songs and psalms. wink

debbiejo
I pick King Solomon.....and yes he did have a way with words in the songs of psalms...Had a lot of wives too, and concubines...and very very rich...and Queen Sheba thingie....he was a busy guy...

finti
King David hands down

debbiejo
Yeah, you like him cause he was in lots of battles....

finti
and how he got his women

debbiejo
HAHAHAHA...He kept taking peoples woman away....He sent the one poor guy to the front lines, and took his wife toooo....He was a very naughty boy.
..OH and the kings lustful liaison with the beautiful Bathsheba.

Funny though he's called "A man after Gods own heart."

JaehSkywalker
King David's ok.....

finti
yeah guess this god do love the sinful bastards

big gay kirk
Jeroboam.... he got a big champagne bottle named after him, so that's fine by me...

debbiejo
King David is an interesting story though..especially with his son Absalom who turned against his father, because his half brother raped Absaloms full blood sister, and the king did nothing about it, so Absalom avenged her by killing his half brother....

Acherontia
Sir "De Abravanel" is my Great great Great Great (...) Grandfather, He is a Direct Descended of King David.

The last "De Abravanel" Name in my DIRECT Familly is My GrandMother, Rolanda De Abravanel.

finti
are you sure it wasnt Gandalf

debbiejo
Originally posted by Acherontia
Sir "De Abravanel" is my Great great Great Great (...) Grandfather, He is a Direct Descended of King David.

The last "De Abravanel" Name in my DIRECT Familly is My GrandMother, Rolanda De Abravanel.

blink

Can you enlighten us a little more?...Curious.

Acherontia
What do you want me to Enlighten you? Its pretty straight forward

svnthdysthsbbth
DAVID

finti
the only thing straight about it is that its a pretty ridiculous claim. To say one is a descended from a figure in a book there are hardly evidence or references too for really to have existed is pretty far fetched.
It is just as much hold to say you are a descendant of Achilles

Acherontia
Adie from the Fact that Isaac De Abravanel Is a known Descdent of Kind David, who was represented in the bible, My great grandFather was a Historian, And Actually traced the bloodlines back to him, and Wrote it in a Familly manuel Book thing.

If you have a problem accepting that some people HAVE to be his Direct Descendants, then so be it, I'm telling you I am, Thats its been traced Down, several times.

Thats All I have to say.

bella mia
Originally posted by Acherontia
Adie from the Fact that Isaac De Abravanel Is a known Descdent of Kind David, who was represented in the bible, My great grandFather was a Historian, And Actually traced the bloodlines back to him, and Wrote it in a Familly manuel Book thing.

If you have a problem accepting that some people HAVE to be his Direct Descendants, then so be it, I'm telling you I am, Thats its been traced Down, several times.

Thats All I have to say.

So which of King Davids wifes did you come from?

big gay kirk
I'm descended from Jesus and from Odin.... honestly... my family is relaed (distantly) to the Stewart Kings of England and scotland.... they were descended from the Norman kings, and from the English kings.... who were, ultimately descended from Odin... and they were related to the merovingian Kings of France, who were descended from Jesus and Mary Magdelene... and as jesus was (sort of) descended from David, that means me and Acherontia are related....

big gay kirk
mind, there are several candidates for "David..." see david rohl's "Pharoahs and Kings" for the reasons... but briefly, "David was a nickname, a title, just as saul and Solomon were... his actual name is not recorded in the Bible.... and who he was depends on which version of the Egyptian or Israelite chronology you subscribe to....

Acherontia
EveryBody is distently related to jesus, You might not be as distant as everybody but still, Everybody is 23rd cousins.

WindDancer
Hey finti! Any chances you might be a descendant of Erik the Red?

finti
his origin is very close to where I live, but its hard to say...my ancestor (that we know of) stayed on while Thorvald and his son Erik Torvaldson (Erik The red)and ther kins fled Norway...Erik was followed by his son Leif Erikson (believed to have travelled to America 500 years prior of Columbus)

debbiejo
OH....I read the book!!!! big grin ...Do I know somebody famous?????

My neighbor claims her family is related to Alexander the Great, but I don't know.....And I don't know who I'm related too... sad ...But I'm sure it's somebody really really cool!

Just remembered....my mother said her family knew Jesse James...and were bad bad people and were outlaws....my great grandmother was a full Cherokee....or was it my grandmother....

Acherontia
Originally posted by debbiejo
(...)

Just remembered....my mother said her family knew Jesse James...and

Yeah.... Monster Garage is great....

hum, Always thought Jesse James was a Fictional Character.

debbiejo
Well then my mothers relatives new the fictional Jesse James.... roll eyes (sarcastic) ...

Frank and Jesse James were brothers and outlaws...Maybe some of the stories were fictional, but they were real people...yep.

Lived down the road to where they hung out....lots of guns and law breaking on my mothers side...She heard all the stories and hates guns...My grandfather on her side had many many wives and was always shooting off guns and just hung around with the wrong crowd just as his father did.

finti
Jesse James fictional???? pretty famous chap even if some of the stories about him is pretty exaggerated ...well from the top of my head.

Jesse Woodson James born in 1847 joined the civil war on the Confederate side at the age of 17 and fought with the Quantrill's Raiders (guerilla unit and a no mercy one as well) After the war Jesse along with his brother Frank and their confederate "brothers in arms" The Younger brothers (cousins of the James brothers)robbed trains , banks, stagecoaches and so.on ............Jesse got a kind otf a Robin Hood image and he felt that the way the Victorious Northern Union threated the south after the Civil War was the reason for him turning outlaw.

Jesse was killed , shot in the back while he adjusted a picture on the wall in his home, by Robert Ford ( who was hired in by Jesse for his next job) In 1876.....Jesse had a bounty/reward on $10 000 on his head at the time of his death

finti
always been a sucker for the history of the "wild west"....................the entore US history in fact

debbiejo
Impressivesmart

Though my familys not related to them, just claimed to know him... :

finti
to have known him

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
to have known him

OK....to have know hiim...Hey, I don't pick at your sentences...and I could you know....It's early here. big grin

finti
you could try big grinbig grin

debbiejo
Hey, I see your sentences aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllll the time....yep. laughing out loud ....I'm just nice about it....

WindDancer
his origin is very close to where I live, but its hard to say...my ancestor (that we know of) stayed on while Thorvald and his son Erik Torvaldson (Erik The red)and ther kins fled Norway...Erik was followed by his son Leif Erikson (believed to have travelled to America 500 years prior of Columbus)

So there is a chance that there might be some viking relics or antiques near your town? Maybe hidden treasure? Ohhh...that would be sweet! big grin

mysparrow
yeah guess this god do love the sinful bastards Yep he shore do !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.