skateboarding

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Asami
I started skateboarding just a few years ago, can't say I'm very good at it but its enjoyable. Does anyone else here skateboard?

§pearhead
I do in the summer but I'm not very good at it.

SAtown_punk
I started skating in he 8th grade, so It's been 4 1/2 years. I took a break for a little while to focus on music, and because I moved away from all my friends and I didn't know anybody here when I first got here. But I'm starting again. It's a great way to relieve stress, and it's a great sport. Takes a lot of skill.

total metalhead
i been skating almost 10 years. last year i actually got a sponsorship and was on the verge of going semi pro, but i honestly dont think im good enough to go that far. plus i injure to easy.

DaRk Jester
i just quit it cuz i am tired skateing for my frends team sad

Dexx
awh...i'm terrible at it....caught quite a few nasty falls and gave up.
almost broke my ass (well...at least as much as you CAN break an ass, in th first place smile )

dragonpisces272
yeah you can never technically be a good skater unless you've fallen...hard.

SAtown_punk
that's not true. A lot of people can go a long time without falling. But it's impossible to never fall.

forumcrew
so ur saying u got sponsored at what 16? and quit... and if u were sponsered how were you on the verge of going semi-pro thats how u go pro you get sponsered and compete

sexybeast99
I skateborded since I was 4 my friends say i kick ass but i think im not that good!!!! sad

SAtown_punk
Just because you are sponsored doesn't mean you are pro. It is very common to have sponsors that don't necessarily pay you, but they give you merchandise. To become pro you actually have to declare that you are pro. It's actualy a legal term.

total nettlehead
i got it the wrong way round yes

and people much younger than me have got sponsorships, in fact i knew a 13 year old kid who got one. its a big thing in my community.

cgtuna21
skateboarding sucks... it's for punk rockers and gothics

total nettlehead
really? wow no offence but you are dumb.

cgtuna21
how

Linkalicious
you can't classify skaters with punkers and goths....they are totally different kinds of people.

And regarding the "groms"...i think there is a 13 year old kid that's actually pro. He kicks ass and gets wicked scores partially because he pulls technical tricks, and also because he's got killer balance on rails and coping.

SAtown_punk
There is a 9 year old boy who is sponsored. His name fails me right now, but he's very good.

Not all punks and goths are skaters, and not all skaters are punk or goth.

cgtuna21
skateboarding is a terrible sport. skateboarding is 4 dumbasses who can seriously get hurt. i'll just laugh when tony hawk tries 2 do a stunt and then falls and breaks his neck(not really) but I'll laugh if he breaks his arms or his legs

total metalhead
well if you've got such a problem with it get the fu'ck outta this thread

cgtuna21
how bout no this is a thread 2 talk about if it sucks or if u like it

DeNiro
I boughte a skateboard when i was in 5th grade i went out with it for about i would say 10 minutes came in threw it in my closet has been there ever since

shortieSarah07
i like skateboarding, i think its cool and fun...bam is my favorite skater

Chadman
hey cgtuna21, if I ever met you in person, I would get all my friends and we would beat the crap outa you. You can't classify skaters as anything, you are stupid jock. I have been skateboarding for about 3 years now. Through skateboarding, I have made friends because we love to do the same thing, Met new people, had amazing fun. Nothing is better than landing a sick trick. I don't know why you would say crap like that. Don't ever say crap like that because you have no idea what your talking about.

sk8er lad
wat up skating is gfreat and u dont like it coz u can barely olie and gave up its a sick scene to be a part of

sk8er lad
yeah ill help too if i saw ya ur soo gay wat a loser piss off

Toxic_Member
Neone Know How 2 Get Sponsered 4 sk8boardin and what it takes?

Maester Shuyin
skateboarding rocks!

comedyfanatic
k there buddy go talk with ur star wars frends just get the hell outa here geek

Australian_Sun0
Im just starting to skateboard. Its helping me to relieve stress and I think its a lot of fun. Though I get critisized a lot where I live because I am a chick. Does anyone have any tips for beginners? Or what you guys did when you first started out. I practice ollies and stuff on my street and curbs etc.. because im nervous about going to a local skate park because here skating is a satus which doesnt include a chick. And i hate people watching me and making fun of me because im not so great at it. Any pointers or tips please leave some. thanks.

RYO
**** yes I skate and i'm gay to,my favorite skater is bam.

RYO
Just keep on trying and yule get it.Oh and try getting new grip tape.

G.P
Apart from "yes I skate", what's the point ?

Neo_Version 7
Talk about everything regarding skateboarding.

Who's your favorite pro skater, preferred board, tricks, etc.

I just started skateboarding by the way. just today. I cant seem to ollie cozz Im afraid I might break my wrist or something.

Anyhoo...

<<Solo>>
I skateboard but I don't do any tricks.

Neo_Version 7
no shit.

didnt think it was possible.

G.P
Already existing thread.

Merging.

Antoinette
I m a grl and I m a began skating but then I realized that its pretty hard but I really do want to go back to it...I love skater boys!

Skatermike
if you think skating is gay then get the f out of this thread

Skatermike
and it is really gay if you use the sk8 instead of skate its retarted and what posers use

Neo_Version 7
True that!

Car Guru
I can Skate but i am not too good though.

houtsjc
isn't that Zero's saying

Neo_Version 7
Zero?

hayden's minx
www.makeshiftskateboards.com

Makeshift Skateboards Free E-Zine

Hey, good to see some people are still into the skating, though I'd let you know about Makeshift, I joined when I still skated and I still write from time to time, it's the greatest free skatezine about, so make sure you check it out.
smile

Neo_Version 7
thanks dawg!

44_caliber_fox
hey skateboardings awesome. whether ur pro or not it's just fun n gives u one hell of a thrill ride - live to ur own standards not those of others

Neo_Version 7
can land the kickflip now. Maybe now i'll try it moving. smile

hayden's minx
Hey cool :-)
Learn heelflips too, then it'll add some variation. I'm starting up again in summer I think, when the weather is good and I have more time.

Neo_Version 7
oh, fo sho!

sp4rky
Australian_Sun0 an girl can skate! theirs this girl whos about 13 and in Florida and got sponsered! seriously she even entered an competition full of guys bout 18 and she was the only girl and won!

BasketCase
^thats awesome.

Neo_Version 7
Coolness!

chronic
yeah i started in 7th grade i love cky

Macen dracus
i started 13 years ago im pro

Macen dracus
me and chronic are both on element

Neo_Version 7
No sh*t!!!!??

skywalker2
i just became pro a couple months ago for birdhouse

skywalker2
hey macen dracus imon birdhouse

hayden's minx
Pros eh? I met a few good Prom Ams, but never a pro - could you link us up with some footage, photos maybe?

skywalker2
you guys know if chroncs been on

skywalker2
sorry i meant chronic

skywalker2
hey macen dracus check your messages

chronic
ur gay skywalker2

skywalker2
cgtuna21 if you think skateboarding is dumb your a dumd ass

skywalker2
hey chronic is macen dracus getting on

skywalker2
ill be back

skywalker2
chronic get on

skywalker2
weres aaron

skywalker2
chronic

skywalker2
chronics gay

skywalker2
check your messages

skywalker2
chronic

skywalker2
check your messages chronic

skywalker2
chronic

skywalker2
when are you getting off

chronic
ur aq dumb****

riddick65
chronic i think skywalker is gay

riddick65
i meant skywalker2

skywalker2
hey chronic

skywalker2
riddicks gay

Morbid4Daniel
I wanna learn how to skate. Thats all I hang out with at school, mostly sk8ers. stick out tongue We have a skate park about a mile or two away from here and thats where they always are!

Macen dracus
your gay skywalker2.********

Macen dracus
i just won a skate comp in flora illionois.pulled off a 5-0 into a .acrossed a disel.scary as hell

Morbid4Daniel
See, all you sk8ers have all these words and definitions and knowledge for skating and your skateboards, my friends do that at school I just sit back and think "What the hell?"

hayden's minx
Haha, yeah learn to skate- it's good fun.

Morbid4Daniel
My bud Grey might sell me a skateboard. When I get the money smile
Nice Chunk picture..The goonies rox

hayden's minx
It's actually Sloth... but I love Chunk too! Do tha truffle shuffle!

What kind of setup is he gonna sell you?

Morbid4Daniel
CRAP Im an idiot. I knew it was Sloth stick out tongue . "Come on!!!" "DO IT!" "COME ON..."DO IT!" lol.
I have no idea, Like I said I have no knowledge of skateboarding, skateboards, etc/

darthmaul165
sky walker 2 is a stupid donkey ****ing queer

hayden's minx
alright...
Hehe morbid. That's no problem - as long as it rolls - it's perfect for starters big grin

skywalker2
tesla

tesla
darth dracus

skywalker2
darth dracus is a ***

tesla
darth darcus it is tesla

skywalker2
birdhouse asked me to make some skate footage last nite

tesla
darth dracus

tesla
darth dracus u r gay

stoner
darth dracus

skywalker2
darth dracus is a ***

chronic
oochie coochie cooley wooley bully mooley
ahhhhhhhh screw it burn in hell all of u!!!!!!!!!!

skywalker2
darth dracus is a ***

stoner

skywalker2
faggit

skywalker2
i just turned pro for birdhouse 3 months ago and i just got done doing a skate vidio last friday. pulled off a 360 spine transfer pretty kick ass

skywalker2
me and darth dracus just won a skate comp for birdhouse and element
last week

darth_dracus
ME BAM AND MIKE-V WERE DRUNK LAST NIGHT.IM GONNA STAR ON VIVALA BAM

darth_dracus
MY FAVORITE TRICK IS A 360 FLIP

darth_dracus
stupid liar

skywalker2
you should of seen that 360 indy i pulled off last night at skate comp against darth dracus kicked his ass

hayden's minx

darth_dracus
maybe i like to call it 360 flip.and skywalker2 i dont even know u dum a##

Phoenix Aska
I did a tre flip off of an 8 stair once...I think it was a miracle because of the crappy runway and the sidewalk below...

bartdude
cool i tre off a six set befor

darth_royke
i fell off a skateboard when i was 8.

PloKoon Forever
u skaters need a hair cut

darth_dracus
i have short hair buzzed hair

DaRk Lotus
I busted my knee and jacked up my back last week. Trying to drop off a roof to a pool. it hurts rael bad. sad

darth_dracus
that suks

darth_dracus
if u guys no anything abot skateing anser this who is stacy peralta and who was his best skater.

DaRk Lotus
thanks the doc sead that I have to stay in bed for 3 1/2 months sad

DaRk Lotus
Tonny Hawk

darth_dracus
good

Neo_Version 7
wasn't he the guy who made all those skate vids?

stoner
dude this cgtuna21 is gayer than a gay guy

stoner
hey darth dracus i know who you are im dwight buffington

stoner
hi

stoner
so where is the best spot to skate at in the u.s.

Deano
you obviously didnt see the other skateboarding thread which you replyed in earlierno expression

JenR1215
Skateboarders are sexy.. I love Bob Burnqiust and Bucky Lasek.... eventhough he didnt do too well at X-Games.

Dexx
spot on. merging

Dexx
i'd also advise al the trouble makers to cool it down.
stop bashing other members.

darth_dracus
skateboarding is the only thing im good at just about

Neo_Version 7
I started skating again actually. stick out tongue

darth_dracus
iv been skateing for a year and people say im realy good.but i dont no like alot of older people that been skateing for like 6years get mad at me for beating them in skate im not bragging i hate peopkle that brag about it

Odie
I know what you mean. I've been skateing for about 2 1/2 years what is your best trick you can do mine is a 5-0 to a impassable I've busted my ankle for 8 months to perfect it. just got it today smile

darth_dracus
mi best trick is indy 360 frontside and u must be pretty good.

Odie
I'm ok not the best I can only do that trick ONCE in a blue moon cuz of my pins in my ankle. sad So thanks for the props smile lol

carlanda
im a chick i just started out skateboarding i love it ive been doin it for like 4 months now i try and skate like everyday and do new tricks cause i wanna get a sponsorship and become pro one day so DARTH DRACUS
you said you're pro how is it bein pro do you make alot of doe when they say pro you dont mean like as big as ryan sheckler. Ya heard of him.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm an avid board-rider - surf, skate, snow, whatever - and I bumped into 'The Wave Board' at my local surf shop on Saturday. I had a 20 minute play on it, and I'm hooked! I plan on getting one latter this week. Once you get the hang of it, they are so fluid.

Anyone else had a play?

Street Surfing - The Wave Board

darth_dracus
wow looks no 1 has been here for a awhile.

darth_dracus
some 1 shuld come talk about the greatist sport.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
This is what I roll on. I've been at it for about 4 months now...It's so fun.

If you can find a long down-hill with not much traffic, you'll be loving the carves you can do. The only problem with the board is that the wheels don't last very long, especially the back wheel. The nature of the self-propulsion means that this is something you just have to accept. I usually go through a set of wheels every 2 weeks. If the weather is hot, then you can halve that time. It burns rubber, duuuuuuuuuuuuude.

darth_dracus
thats pretty cool.

Disturbed Angel
Hmph, I've been searching all over for a skating thread and couldn't find one. No wonder, the last post was posted over a year ago.... rolleyes1

Anyway, I'm quite amateur and would like some advice....

vandalworks
make sure you have good balance or you're screwed.

if you wanna get serious, have no fear. try whatevers out there and learn to fall.

Bloinky
Originally posted by Disturbed Angel
Hmph, I've been searching all over for a skating thread and couldn't find one. No wonder, the last post was posted over a year ago.... rolleyes1

Anyway, I'm quite amateur and would like some advice....

Yes, have good balance, and don't try to do tricks that you know your not ready or aren't able to do, and skate everyday.

Disturbed Angel
Thanks, there aren't any skateparks here though, so it's gonna be quite some time before I can really get in some serious practice. But I wanna get really good. I hope to be able to do major street and vert tricks eventually.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.