Superspeed reflexes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
Just how fast are Superman, Wonder Woman and so on, when they catch or deflect bullets? Obviously, their arms have to be supersonic, at the least, which leads me to 2 questions...
1) Are we talking Mach 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5...what?
2) How come there are no friction-with-the-air or sonic boom effects when they move at superspeed?
I exempt Flash from the above cuz he has the Speedforce.

DigiMark007
Haha...I'd be interested to see some opinions here. They might have artificial means of deflecting and dodging stuff besides being Mach ??. For example, Spider-Man dodges bullets regularly, but isn't anywhere near Mach. I realize that it's a bit different method because of the spider-sense, but there's monks who can catch arrows in real life...and they certainly aren't moving ridiculously faster than a regular person. Their senses are attuned to the task, and I'd imagine that WW, Supes, etc. have the senses and coordination needed to do what they do without exceeding Mach.

I play table tennis a lot, so I have decent coordination and reflexes and whatnot...now let's say you made my entire body bullet proof, gave me a couple of lightweight, bulletproof vibranium table tennis paddles and had a guy shoot at me. At first, a bunch would hit me, but with enough training I feel relatively confident that I'd be able to block a good number of shots...simply from watching the gun's trajectory and anticipating the shots, but not because I'm faster than the bullets. I think a similar principle is involved with them, except that if they screw up, they're Class 100+ and have amazing durability so it's not as big of a deal as if I screwed up with my paddles.

DarkCrawler
laughing out loud

snoopdogg
Imagine is Superman used this speed for throwing punches rather than catching bullets......................

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.