Flaming on the Increase?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whirlysplatt
I would like to clarify before anyone accuses me of anything - by flaming, I mean posts meant to get a response from others - not any other kind of flaming.

Can't we all be friends?

smile

Alpha Centauri
If the people breaking rules and committing the obvious acts were banned, we wouldn't have this problem.

They're not though. People are continually allowed to get away with things that past members, for whatever stupid reason, have been banned for.

-AC

Spelljammer
You suck whirlysplatt! mad stick out tongue

Naww, but seriously, it'd be a flame-free zone if people just kncoked thier egos down a peg. Not everyone is like this. You, me, Raven Guardia, we all are sensible adults who simply hold an opinion, hear someone else out. And see if we can understand it or even perhaps agree with it on some level and share ideas and thoughts.

But some people are just so stuck on themselves they think you owe them something. Thier high and mighty nature makes it impossible for them to get along, even with eachother! You can tell these types because the MOMENT you say something, even something that generaly agrees with them but from a differant perspective they demand proof via a link and a documentry. We're not ****ing google, and we shouldn't have to be. Get off your damn high horse.

But then, if everyone were like me and Raven Gaurdia this world would be at peace. Or it at the very least would be like one big 60s festivel.. laughing out loud

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Spelljammer
You suck whirlysplatt! mad stick out tongue

Naww, but seriously, it'd be a flame-free zone if people just kncoked thier egos down a peg. Not everyone is like this. You, me, Raven Guardia, we all are sensible adults who simply hold an opinion, hear someone else out. And see if we can understand it or even perhaps agree with it on some level and share ideas and thoughts.

But some people are just so stuck on themselves they think you owe them something. Thier high and mighty nature makes it impossible for them to get along, even with eachother! You can tell these types because the MOMENT you say something, even something that generaly agrees with them but from a differant perspective they demand proof via a link and a documentry. We're not ****ing google, and we shouldn't have to be. Get off your damn high horse.

But then, if everyone were like me and Raven Gaurdia this world would be at peace. Or it at the very least would be like one big 60s festivel.. laughing out loud

True enough, true enough smile

Alpha Centauri
That's funny, coming from a sock.

-AC

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That's funny, coming from a sock.

-AC

whose a sock AC confused

Alpha Centauri
Terminology mixed up, I meant a troll.

Referring to Spell.

-AC

Whirlysplatt

Referring to Spell.

-AC

is he? confused

Clovie

Referring to Spell.

-AC *cough sock too cough*

Alpha Centauri
Allegedly he's a sock too, Whirly.

-AC

Whirlysplatt
OK whose sock is he?

Alpha Centauri
Evil Dead, according to a certain poster. The sock trolls are actually allowed to continue to post on this site without any warnings, let alone a ban.

-AC

Deano
evil dead?!
i coudnt believe it

PVS
what the old saying? those who live in glass houses should stfu

Whirlysplatt
Evil Dead, according to a certain poster. The sock trolls are actually allowed to continue to post on this site without any warnings, let alone a ban.

-AC

no he'd be banned if he was, I heard he was big evil - I don't think his either

I think the mods would have banned him

A new guy posted insults about me whish is not uncommon, and they did a check to see if it was me - obviously it was not.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, people in glass houses should do that, and so should lying, grudging hypocrites.

Here you are again. What is it you actually want from me? It can't be for me to shut the f*ck up because you reply to me all the time. Anyone who didn't like me would be sensible enough to interract with me when neccessary and not follow me around. You're exposing only yourself here.

-AC

Deano
he wants your blood

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Deano
he wants your blood

who does? confused

Alpha Centauri
Wouldn't be surprised to be honest, I'm confused as to what the man wants. Clearly something. Perhaps he wants me banned which is why he kicks shit off then says "Nah, not dealing with you." He's confused.

They un-banned me out of sympathy. They keep me un-banned because I havn't done what I was banned for.

Which was and I quote "being abusive to other members and being a general problem"

Another words, I don't seek out to bring people down. Which sounds increddibly like what you're doing. But frankly, I have better things to do then worry about wether you think I'm a troll or not. Like worry about making troll npcs for that Fable game i advertised in the rp section..

This is interesting, very. I hadn't seen this before. Reveals a great deal.

-AC

PVS
Yeah, people in glass houses should do that, and so should lying, grudging hypocrites.

Here you are again. What is it you actually want from me? It can't be for me to shut the f*ck up because you reply to me all the time. Anyone who didn't like me would be sensible enough to interract with me when neccessary and not follow me around. You're exposing only yourself here.

-AC

who said i was referring to you?
do you really think you're that important to me,
where every philosophy in my mind somehow directly relates to you?
wow dude. again, get over yourself.

-turn off your computer

-walk out your front door

-do something. anything. go jogging. go fishing. fly a kite. get laid. anything beats being glued to your computer throwing tantrum after tantrum. man this is getting so old messed

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by PVS

-turn off your computer

-do something. anything. go jogging. go fishing. fly a kite. get laid. anything beats being glued to your computer throwing tantrum after tantrum. man this is getting so old messed

PVS pleas don't say you were referring to me confused I am just trying to help us all get along smile

Spelljammer
I've got nothing to hide, I am Big Evil. Though I wouldn't call it a sock more like a "reincarnation". I was banned because I was as it said "generaly hostile and rude to other members". But sense I stopped purposely picking fights with people and making stupid mom jokes, I've had no reason to be banned again. They've admitted to this descision before..

Infact, I've considered doing a fiction of SpellJammer versus Big Evil. laughing out loud

PVS
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
PVS pleas don't say you were referring to me confused I am just trying to help us all get along smile

it was a general statement.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by PVS

-turn off your computer

I never said you were referring to me, for the first time I referred to you first.

This is getting old, I don't see why you choose to continue your grudge. If I'm not important to you, put up or shut up and either tell me what your problem is with me that you clearly have, or stop interacting with me. You need to get over me, not the other way around.

As for the insults, pathetic really isn't it? No need for them at all. Hence the thread, why is flaming at an all time high? Because people who troll, flame and blatantly/intentionally insult and goad, are still here.

I've got nothing to hide, I am Big Evil. Though I wouldn't call it a sock more like a "reincarnation". I was banned because I was as it said "generaly hostile and rude to other members". But sense I stopped purposely picking fights with people and making stupid mom jokes, I've had no reason to be banned again. They've admitted to this descision before..

Infact, I've considered doing a fiction of SpellJammer versus Big Evil. laughing out loud

So you're a sock then? Yes.

I find it interesting that they've actually admitted they were wrong and un-banned you because they were wrong. Very interesting indeed. Says a lot.

-AC

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by PVS
it was a general statement.

fair enough

Whirlysplatt

fair enoughsmile

PVS
what cracks me up is when certain members spew a barage of hateful venom and insults and in the same post call their target a "troll" laughing out loud

yes AC, THAT one was aimed at you

Whirlysplatt
I've been called a troll before confused God knows why no expression

Spelljammer
Originally posted by PVS
what cracks me up is when certain members spew a barage of hateful venom and insults and in the same post call their target a "troll" laughing out loud

Actually all a troll is by definition is someone who craves attention and enjoys people flaming one another. They cast "trollbait" such as a topic about The Bible being full of holes in a Christian forum, or discusses George Bush to a very liberal forum, the troll just wants you to react, but unlike evil clown is generaly non-hostile and once found out that he's trolling will pretty much leave on his own and find someone else to catch the bait..

Alpha Centauri
Where have I spewed hateful venom and insults in a post where I've called someone a troll? Show. Or is this another "Filling my PM box with insults" remark? It must actually be severely hateful words and drastic insults. Not just an odd comment you took offence to.

You're overly sensitive, I think that's why you dislike me a lot and feel the need to constantly troll ME.

-AC

PVS
Actually all a troll is by definition is someone who craves attention and enjoys people flaming one another. They cast "trollbait" such as a topic about The Bible being full of holes in a Christian forum, or discusses George Bush to a very liberal forum, the troll just wants you to react, but unlike evil clown is generaly non-hostile and once found out that he's trolling will pretty much leave on his own and find someone else to catch the bait..

well, thats one definition of many.

similar to 'spam', many internet terms are forever evolving and expanding.

PVS
Not just an odd comment you took offence to.

You're overly sensitive, I think that's why you dislike me a lot and feel the need to constantly troll ME.

-AC

oh not the 'innocent victim' routine again. please stop!! you're breaking my heart nopity crybaby

you will never learn the concept of "it takes two to tango" will you?

Alpha Centauri
I learned the concept, I'm not denying that in the past I have gone on where I should have just ignored you and many a baiter, but now when I try to take it off the forum and get to the resolution of the problem, it's ignored and continued here by you.

Show me this post please. Remember, hateful venom (strong words there PVS) and insults (not just something you've taken lame offence to) such as severe cursing or severe derogatory comments.

-AC

Whirlysplatt
I learned the concept, I'm not denying that in the past I have gone on where I should have just ignored you and many a baiter, but now when I try to take it off the forum and get to the resolution of the problem, it's ignored and continued here by you.

Show me this post please. Remember, hateful venom (strong words there PVS) and insults (not just something you've taken lame offence to) such as severe cursing or severe derogatory comments.

-AC

Interesting post

pr1983
Flaming in general no... there's always been a fair amount... maybe the fact that we have more members means more fights... i dunno...

jaden101
whirlysplatt asked a question...i guess the rest of the thread pretty much answers that question

Whirlysplatt
yup I guess it did sad

Can't we all tolerate each other?

PVS
no, its "cant we all just get along" -rodney king

answer: no. thats life.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by PVS
you will never learn the concept of "it takes two to tango" will you?
It's not anybody's fault that Raven's so irresistible
But all the damage AC's caused is unfixable
Every twenty seconds you repeat this duel
But I'm reporting you both
And soon I'm gonna rule

So objection I don't wanna be the liberal
For my mind to be set still
I could make a joke about your mother
But why even bother

Objection I'm tired of this trinity
Would rather talk to my Ravey
I'm starting to get pissed off again
No way, I've got to take advantage!

Next to these cheap shots my comments look minimal
That's why in front of the mods I'm invisible
But you gotta know that my silence has a cause
You better get ready
Cause democracy is about to die with a roaring applause!

Objection I don't wanna be a liberal
For my mind to set still
But why even bother

No way, no no no

I'll use a banishment spell, if this fails
Then in hell these two can whine and flail
Away from here
*Drumbeat*
PVS is pathetic, AC's on a narcotic
When they post things turn psychotic
Tango is not for three
Was never meant to be

But you could try it, rehearse it,
but knowing you you'd rather **** a horse.
But don't involve me
No don't you involve me BOY! *Electric gutair wail*
Repeatx1.

jaden101
apparently not

i like a good debate...i've had a few good ones with AC and PVS and a few other people...but they were debates about actual issues as opposed to a lot of the pointless arguing that others in here seem to thrive on

shame really...as if there isn't enough arguing in the world

Alpha Centauri
I have nothing personal against posters on this forum to any high degree. There are some I dislike but I avoid them.

For the most part, disagree or agree, PVS has been able to be discussed with. He can form a coherent sentence and make a point. I don't particularly like the guy, but I have no continual problem with the man. Which perplexes me as to why he and others have some fat problem with me.

-AC

PVS
Which perplexes me as to why he and others have some fat problem with me.

-AC

will you PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF MARY, JOSEPH, AND BABY JESUS,
stop with the 'innocent victim routine'? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
I have nothing personal against posters on this forum to any high degree. There are some I dislike but I avoid them.

For the most part, disagree or agree, PVS has been able to be discussed with. He can form a coherent sentence and make a point. I don't particularly like the guy, but I have no continual problem with the man. Which perplexes me as to why he and others have some fat problem with me.

-AC

Oh come on now AC.....you pretend like a majority of people who know you on this forum hate you or are angry at you........I really don't think that is the case....except it always happens in threads I don't visit...if that'S the case forget what I said....noiw PVS seems to like to pick up arguements with you.......

Clovie

-AC *gasp* you're avoiding me too.
I thought you liked me schmoll

edit: ignoring too erm

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by PVS
will you PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF MARY, JOSEPH, AND BABY JESUS,
stop with the 'innocent victim routine'?

I'm not trying to get sympathy or playing any kind of victim, that's you taking it as such. I couldn't give a shit that you all have problems with me, I'm just curious as to why you have them.

Remember? I tried to discover that. Your reason was "Because." If you want me to stop wondering why, tell me. You have the power to end all this.

-AC

Lana
You can tell these types because the MOMENT you say something, even something that generaly agrees with them but from a differant perspective they demand proof via a link and a documentry. We're not ****ing google, and we shouldn't have to be. Get off your damn high horse.

That's how it works, though -- if you make any sort of positive statement it is up to you to find and show the evidence to back up your statement. Burden of proof ALWAYS falls on the person making the claim, NOT the people hearing it.

And I'd say there's a lot more flaming and trolling going on; and a lot of people who claim that others are being trolls and flaming but with nothing to back up this claim.

Whirlysplatt
I'm not trying to get sympathy or playing any kind of victim, that's you taking it as such. I couldn't give a shit that you all have problems with me, I'm just curious as to why you have them.

Remember? I tried to discover that. Your reason was "Because." If you want me to stop wondering why, tell me. You have the power to end all this.

-AC

I have no trouble with you, your posts have provided a great deal of entertainment to mesmile

Deano

you was pretty mean as big evil!
i hope that wasnt your real character big grin

debbiejo
It's not anybody's fault that Raven's so irresistible
But all the damage AC's caused is unfixable
Every twenty seconds you repeat this duel
But I'm reporting you both
And soon I'm gonna rule

So objection I don't wanna be the liberal
For my mind to be set still
But why even bother

No way, I've got to take advantage!

Next to these cheap shots my comments look minimal
That's why in front of the mods I'm invisible
But you gotta know that my silence has a cause
You better get ready
Cause democracy is about to die with a roaring applause!

Objection I don't wanna be a liberal
For my mind to set still
But why even bother

No way, no no no

I'll use a banishment spell, if this fails
Then in hell these two can whine and flail
Away from here
*Drumbeat*
PVS is pathetic, AC's on a narcotic
When they post things turn psychotic
Tango is not for three
Was never meant to be

But you could try it, rehearse it,
but knowing you you'd rather **** a horse.
But don't involve me
No don't you involve me BOY! *Electric gutair wail*
Repeatx1.

Not a bad poem.... reading

Whirlysplatt
you was pretty mean as big evil!
i hope that wasnt your real character big grin

hardly anyone on here is there real character, its like dress up smile

debbiejo
hardly anyone on here is there real character, its like dress up smile

I'm real...This is how I usually am...gods honest truth.. big grin

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
I'm real...This is how I usually am...gods honest truth.. big grin
My deepest sympathys to you then.....

Clovie
(auto quote) detective who's sock was it?

okay..post got deleted.
but there was some sonja person with one post here. and she/he was banned messed

Bardock42
Originally posted by Clovie
(auto quote) detective who's sock was it?

okay..post got deleted.
but there was some sonja person with one post here. and she/he was banned messed

Yes I know......who was she?

PVS
Originally posted by debbiejo
Not a bad poem.... reading

its just a modified shakira song messed

Clovie
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes I know......who was she? no idea.

GCG
Yes, Flaming is on the Increase from my part.

If i have to defend my thread from de-railing into dry one-liners against people that post for no cause.
What makes it worse is that the alleged poster/s dont bother checking checking out what it is a thread is about.

Tha C-Master
If the people breaking rules and committing the obvious acts were banned, we wouldn't have this problem.

They're not though. People are continually allowed to get away with things that past members, for whatever stupid reason, have been banned for.

-AC Agreed, some just do it sneakily, or have connections and whatnot.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by jaden101
whirlysplatt asked a question...i guess the rest of the thread pretty much answers that question Shit, I got warned a few times with this annoying troll.

The guys follow me around because they're bitter, find any reason to say something.

When they look silly, they report the mods, talk about bad sportsmanship.

Alpha Centauri
^^^That's completely true.

-AC

Tha C-Master
We agree?

Impossible eek!

j/k stick out tongue

Deano
imposiible is a word only to be found in a dictionary of foolsbig grin

GCG
imposiible is a word only to be found in a dictionary of foolsbig grin

would that have to be cause its spelt with two 'I's stick out tongue

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Shit, I got warned a few times with this annoying troll.

The guys follow me around because they're bitter, find any reason to say something.

When they look silly, they report the mods, talk about bad sportsmanship.

I hate snitching, I have had 3 complain about me today sad

Deano
Originally posted by GCG
would that have to be cause its spelt with two 'I's stick out tongue

laughing yes perhaps

Tha C-Master
I hate snitching, I have had 3 complain about me today sad You know my story.

People bothering the mods so much with petty mails like "fanboy", that they've been ignored, permenantly.

People who think they are doing a favor by telling on minor problems, are just making it worse between the two, I usually get along in the end, and I don't hold a grudge.

But...

Victor Von Doom
How do you know if someone reports you?

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
When you get a banned screen. stick out tongue

Whirlysplatt

they usually tell you or a mod warns you either on screen or by pm in my experience yes

Alpha Centauri
You don't, Victor.

If you get reported enough, justifiably, you can tell you have been because you'll be banned.

You can't tell if you've been reported though.

-AC

Whirlysplatt
When you get a banned screen. stick out tongue

laughing out loud

Whirlysplatt
You don't, Victor.

If you get reported enough, justifiably, you can tell you have been because you'll be banned.

You can't tell if you've been reported though.

-AC

mostsnitches tell you they have reported you most mods warn you.

AdventChild
yup i've been warned once....snitches are annoying without a justible cause...

Lana
Most of the time someone will say if they've reported you, or if you get a warning from a mod or are banned, you can be pretty sure if you've been reported. Other than that, there's no real way to know -- I have no idea if anyone's ever reported me, but I'm sure it's happened at some point. I know I've certainly reported enough people for being idiots and breaking rules.

whobdamandog
I don't know why people take things so seriously on these chat boards. I actually find it quite amusing when a little flame war comes up from time to time...

Some of my best flames have taken part in the GDF. Usually regarding the evolution, psychology, and legal matters..

But excluding myself...let's not forget the multiple other flamers who contribute some excitement to this board...Whirlyspatt..(Mr let me open up 5 different threads to get my point across.bwahhahaha...)

Or how about Mr Alpha Centurai..("allude" vs "illude...lol..funny stuff)

Or Kidrock...(the original one line retort man..sad thing is..he don't have much to say after that...)

Bravo gentleman..it's okay to be a troll..embrace who you are...I already have..laughinglaughing

Alpha Centauri
In that case I was being trolled wink.

-AC

FeceMan
To the OP:

STFU n00b.

(Happy? smile)

Snoopbert
I think it's hilarious when PVS automatically asks people to stop trolling and bashing when he continually does it to Alpha Centauri.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Or Kidrock...(the original one line retort man..sad thing is..he don't have much to say after that...)

Hey now, don't be getting my man into this. mad

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Snoopbert
I think it's hilarious when PVS automatically asks people to stop trolling and bashing when he continually does it to Alpha Centauri.
And i've been snitching everytime he doeth it.. wink

Lord S
I'm sorry what was the original question?

Oh yeah, why all the flaming...simple, too many kids (<25) running around on this board.

Tha C-Master
How do you know if someone reports you? Mods tell me all the damned time.

Or if a global mod shows up on an unusual forum, those are a few ways.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Lord S
I'm sorry what was the original question?

Oh yeah, why all the flaming...simple, too many kids (<25) running around on this board. I say anything under 16,(with exceptions) are bad.

Then you have the arrogant adults who should know better.

Whirlysplatt
I don't know why people take things so seriously on these chat boards. I actually find it quite amusing when a little flame war comes up from time to time...

Some of my best flames have taken part in the GDF. Usually regarding the evolution, psychology, and legal matters..

But excluding myself...let's not forget the multiple other flamers who contribute some excitement to this board...Whirlyspatt..(Mr let me open up 5 different threads to get my point across.bwahhahaha...)

Bravo gentleman..it's okay to be a troll..embrace who you are...I already have..laughinglaughing

shifty

Whirlysplatt
People keep making threads aout me as flames its very childish 4 in comics and one in here laughing out loud

xmarksthespot
People keep making threads aout me as flames its very childish 4 in comics and one in here laughing out loud One thread. Stones. Glass houses. Etc. No one cares.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
One thread. Stones. Glass houses. Etc. No one cares.

you care enough to reply confused

debbiejo
I even hate beets....OH god do I hate beets.....

PVS

its my understanding that the mods really frown upon abuse of the report function. its purpose is to report offenders, not to flood their inbox to attempt to satisfy your own personal grudge.

so all you're really doing is shooting yourself in the foot, considering you ARE a sock.

anyway, you're just upset because i wouldnt subscribe to your ridiculous PM call for a gang attack on AC.
really dude, grow up and find some sense of priority.
i dont know....get a job or something.

Imperial_Samura
Quite right PVS. Sometimes on KMC it is clear that a good dose of maturity and sensibility wouldn't go astray at all. It's can be disappointing to sometimes see so much antagonism for no reason at all.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by PVS
its my understanding that the mods really frown upon abuse of the report function. its purpose is to report offenders, not to flood their inbox to attempt to satisfy your own personal grudge.
Yep, some people have been bitter with me so long that they have been COMPLETELY ignored by the mods.

Which is why I laugh in the end because they have to deal with themselves in the end.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Quite right PVS. Sometimes on KMC it is clear that a good dose of maturity and sensibility wouldn't go astray at all. It's can be disappointing to sometimes see so much antagonism for no reason at all.
so true

Tha C-Master
People can't handle an online argument, or have no control in their lives, pride issues, etc.

We do need some changes around here in particular forums, comic versus especially.

Whirlysplatt
People can't handle an online argument, or have no control in their lives, pride issues, etc.

We do need some changes around here in particular forums, comic versus especially.

I think comics is ok I rarely get snitched about down there its up here the snitches live

Tha C-Master
I think comics is ok I rarely get snitched about down there its up here the snitches live not from my experiences, but I tend to piss people off quite well.
Then again the subject matter here is alot more sensitive.

soleran30
Wow I want to lay down some smackage only becasue of the thread title...........

PVS your sarcasm can shampoo my crotch

ok that sucked but I am certain PVS can use that for a much better line Happy Dance

Imperial_Samura
I think comics is ok I rarely get snitched about down there its up here the snitches live

Not surprising, the issues up here are much more emotive, and are the kind of things that a person can really debate about, as strong opinions exist. Such things don't seem so likely in comics discussions (though debates with opinionated fanboys can get heated, and I feel like saying "geeze, calm down, is all this anger really needed around the question of whether Goku could beat Superman? I mean really."wink

Tha C-Master
I.... HATE..... FANBOYS!!!!

Whirlysplatt
Not surprising, the issues up here are much more emotive, and are the kind of things that a person can really debate about, as strong opinions exist. Such things don't seem so likely in comics discussions (though debates with opinionated fanboys can get heated, and I feel like saying "geeze, calm down, is all this anger really needed around the question of whether Goku could beat Superman? I mean really."wink

smile things tend to get heated when they get personal - I admit I provoke people because when they lose it imo they lose it.

smile

Imperial_Samura
I.... HATE..... FANBOYS!!!!

A sentiment I heartily share.

xmarksthespot
Your comments about/towards Capt_Fantastic in the thread you made about derogatory terms for homosexual men.
I can think of loads of offensive terms for homosexual men, why are their so many?Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Particularly the involvemetn of faeces around the sexual organs.Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Rectal Ranger is for instance an American termOriginally posted by Whirlysplatt
my faeces only end up in the pan. smile Can you say the same smileOriginally posted by Whirlysplatt
so what your saying is you "play" with others faeces.Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
I think i'm putting it in the right hole i see no faeces when I pull it out smile
He reported the thread. It was closed because of the topic as a whole. You started threads about "flaming" and "snitching."

Whirlysplatt
Your comments about/towards Capt_Fantastic in the thread you made about derogatory terms for homosexual men.

your taking these out of context X but thats cool

soleran30
Yes its funny to see that whirly.......in the end its only out of context when it doesn't help us.....

Words are tools and used in any way possible..........

Anyway I understood your point whirly I am just making that comment for my own benefitsmile

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by soleran30
Yes its funny to see that whirly.......in the end its only out of context when it doesn't help us.....

Words are tools and used in any way possible..........

Anyway I understood your point whirly I am just making that comment for my own benefitsmile
Fair enough mate smile

xmarksthespot
Actually they aren't really taken out of context. The first three are you encouraging people to discuss derogatory terms for gays, the third is accompanied by the leading question "Can this be funny?". The last three were in exchanges between you and Capt_Fantastic. But regardless, insulting phrases used with insulting intent are justified by context? I suppose anyone can justify the things that they do. Huh? Do elaborate for me then.

Whirlysplatt
Actually they aren't really taken out of context. The first three are you encouraging people to discuss derogatory terms for gays, the third is accompanied by the leading question "Can this be funny?". The last three were in exchanges between you and Capt_Fantastic. But regardless, insulting phrases used with insulting intent are justified by context? I suppose anyone can justify the things that they do. Huh? Do elaborate for me then.

Thats your interpretation smile

xmarksthespot
Whatever lets you justify your actions whirly. Have a nice day. smile

soleran30
Word to yo motha Whirly4............Ayup

Whirlysplatt
Whatever lets you justify your actions whirly. Have a nice day. smile

Thanks I will smile tsk flamers no

Tha C-Master
Thats your interpretation smile Which is what an insult is, I am sarcastic and people get offended, I may have not meant harm, but I am still "wrong".

Whirlysplatt
Which is what an insult is, I am sarcastic and people get offended, I may have not meant harm, but I am still "wrong".

You C no never smile

Tha C-Master
Never wrong, or never insulting?

Whirlysplatt
Never wrong, or never insulting?

shifty you decide

Tha C-Master
Never wrong suits me more...

shifty

Whirlysplatt
Never wrong suits me more...

shifty

OK thats what it means confused shifty

Imperial_Samura
Thats your interpretation smile

Ultimately that's where a bit of social diplomacy and tact come into it. Why? Because it is virtually impossible that others will have the same views and see things in the same light as you do. The relativity of thought and all that. People WILL interpret it, as this is how we learn, by interpreting the information given. The quotes in question do appear to be insulting, and I can see why people could be offended, as even if they were in some other context the wording make them unfriendly to say the least.

This might not have been your intention, but the presentation still has such an effect. Therefore it can be good to consider one's words, phrasing and tone, even if it is only to try and insure your views get across without seeming insulting or as flames etc. Tact is one of the most useful things in conversing, and it doesn't mean that one can't say what they think, just that it's a good thing to be considerate and respectful to the people you are debating with.

Whirlysplatt
Ultimately that's where a bit of social diplomacy and tact come into it. Why? Because it is virtually impossible that others will have the same views and see things in the same light as you do. The relativity of thought and all that. People WILL interpret it, as this is how we learn, by interpreting the information given. The quotes in question do appear to be insulting, and I can see why people could be offended, as even if they were in some other context the wording make them unfriendly to say the least.

This might not have been your intention, but the presentation still has such an effect. Therefore it can be good to consider one's words, phrasing and tone, even if it is only to try and insure your views get across without seeming insulting or as flames etc. Tact is one of the most useful things in conversing, and it doesn't mean that one can't say what they think, just that it's a good thing to be considerate and respectful to the people you are debating with.

Your right it often can be shifty

Inspectah Deck

Da mystery has been solved! eek!

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Da mystery has been solved! eek!

yes he is not a sock - he is big evil

Whirlysplatt

You mean your a troll Whob? shifty

laughing

Tha C-Master
Sometimes he is... big grin

Victor Von Doom
It is often said that the meaning of communication is the effect.

PVS

i think its hilarious that you have this obsession with me, when i couldnt care less if fell off the face of the earth laughing out loud

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
i think its hilarious that you have this obsession with me, when i couldnt care less if fell off the face of the earth laughing out loud
And he makes a futile attempt to strike back at the one who 'wronged' him!

Spelljammer
You know, I almost feel like the most civil-minded person in this entire topic.. smile

...Something is seriously wrong here...

AdventChild

no one likes a snitch including myself...

Spelljammer
Originally posted by AdventChild
no one likes a snitch including myself...
Bahh, I don't want to flirt with you anyway. laughing out loud

You know, this may explain why I got my ass kicked at school. I mean gang-kicked. Not just one on one feuds.. messed

AdventChild
What the f**k? dork....opps..you might report me for that.... any way flamming is caused mostly by immature children and even adults..

PVS
Bahh, I don't want to flirt with you anyway. laughing out loud

is that because she's like 16? too old for you? laughing out loud

*calls FBI*

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
is that because she's like 16? too old for you? laughing out loud

*calls FBI*
At least he's not "In Dakota"

Spelljammer
What the f**k? dork....opps..you might report me for that.... any way flamming is caused mostly by immature children and even adults..
I'm a snitch, not an over sensitive prick. Get it right. stick out tongue

Hell, even PVS comment made me laugh. laughing out loud

And I'll have you know liberal scum I have an honor code dubned "the five year rule" XP

PVS
And I'll have you know liberal scum I have an honor code dubned "the five year rule" XP

whats that? no one under 5 years old?

Spelljammer
messed laughing

You know, if I didn't openly admit too liking younger girls I'd be offended. XD

PVS
You know, if I didn't openly admit too liking younger girls I'd be offended. XD

oh and its so nice of you to share.

why dont you be so generous and share this here: http://www.fbi.gov/

AdventChild
.....There are 5 things that i hold dishonorable....

Murderers
Liars
Adultry
PERVERTS!
and SNITCHES!

Spelljammer

Murderers
Liars
Adultry
PERVERTS!
and SNITCHES!
Hey, liberals are the first three and i'm the second two. I think stasticaly i'm still the lesser of two evils.. laughing

AdventChild
........*SIGH*.......
man....go have a life or something....

Tha C-Master

Murderers
Liars
Adultry
PERVERTS!
and SNITCHES! I'm OWNING a snitch now...

Snoopbert
Originally posted by PVS

You're not really an obsession, but you do annoy me enough to the point where I feel inexplicably compelled to poiint out how hypocritical/selective you are.

PVS
You're not really an obsession, but you do annoy me enough to the point where I feel inexplicably compelled to poiint out how hypocritical/selective you are.

you're obsessed. if i left this forum you would cry your little eyes out, because that would be one less member to troll. admit it. you would miss me.

Whirlysplatt
At least he's not "In Dakota"

That cracks me up everytime I see it laughing out loud

Spelljammer
Originally posted by PVS
you're obsessed. if i left this forum you would cry your little eyes out, because that would be one less member to troll. admit it. you would miss me.
The less liberals, the better. cool

PVS
then put me on ignore troll boy

just go to my profile, scroll toward the bottom, and hit 'ignore'.

tell you what, i'll even give you a visual reference:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/ignore.jpg

so there you go. only takes but 2 seconds and you never have to read another word from me, unless someone should quote me.
so do it....put me on ignore.

thats right

you wont

you wouldnt dare

because you LOVE reading my posts

you're obsessed

no? im full of shit? you hate reading my posts?

then hit ignore

WELL????? smokin'

Bardock42
The less liberals, the better. cool
Oh god......that must be what I am like to all the communists and TreeHugger Green Voters over here......damn, I am an ass....

Whirlysplatt
I love it when someone says they are putting me on ignore laughing out loud

Bardock42
I love it when someone says they are putting me on ignore laughing out loud

Never hsappened to me...everyone loves me....

Bardock42
That cracks me up everytime I see it laughing out loud
Actually it'S more sad than anything else...he should go back to GreeN Lantern Pics...the girl is like what.....5?

La Vierge
Never hsappened to me...everyone loves me....
TELL ME OR DIE!

Whirlysplatt
Actually it'S more sad than anything else...he should go back to GreeN Lantern Pics...the girl is like what.....5?

Yes but I think he is trolling as someone shifty who might confused understand the troll concept - I think its damn funny as lots of people get pissed off by it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by La Vierge
TELL ME OR DIE!

We all die.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>