Dan Jurgens says Thor is stronger/more powerful than Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
On the CBRF chat every week they have a special guest, today was Dan Jurgens.

ONION HOE: In your opinion Dan who is more powerful , Superman or Thor ?
Jencomx3: ********WELCOME TO THE DAN JURGANS SUPERMAN CHAT*********
Dan Jurgens: ONION: It's a toss-up, but probably Thor.

DarkCrawler
Who the hell is Dan Jurgens?

aton_ra
it's a lie , absolute crap, sure in some ways thor is more powerful. but in terms of strength,speed or durability he's got nothing on superman.

Mindship
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Who the hell is Dan Jurgens?

We repeat: Who the Bloody Blue Blazes is Dan Jurgens?

yahman
Originally posted by long pig

B4 King thor, Jurgens Thor seemed to be a bit of a weakling ? confused

pr1983
Thor has a magic hammer... not really a fair comparison is it?

olympian
"Who the hell is Dan Jurgens"

Writer/artist of Superman and Jla that did the Death of Superman story.

Creator of Winryder, Booster Gold and DD.

"it's a lie , absolute crap, sure in some ways thor is more powerful. but in terms of strength,speed or durability he's got nothing on superman."

Easy Junior. Its an opinion. Like yours. Wich is also part wrong.

This is not the first writer who thinks Thor is stronger, whats the beef.

long pig
Dan Jurgens is an American writer and artist of comic books. He is best known for creating the superhero Booster Gold, and for his lengthy runs on the Superman titles, particularly during The Death of Superman storyline. Other series he has been associated with include Justice League, Teen Titans, Zero Hour and Tangent.

http://vu.morrissey-solo.com/moz/perez/news/030904.jpg

Mindship
Ah. That Dan Jurgens. Merci beaucoup.

DarkCrawler
Dan Jurgens is an American writer and artist of comic books. He is best known for creating the superhero Booster Gold

laughing out loud

Sorry...

roughrider
What the hell? All these people needed to have it explained, who Dan Jurgens is? WHO THE HELL IS DAN JURGENS? What's your problems?

Sentry
Hmmmmm...

Where is Whirly and his protege?

Thor > Superman Happy Dance

roughrider

Nuff Said.

big grin big grin big grin

yahman
Originally posted by Sentry
Hmmmmm...

Where is Whirly and his

Thor > Superman Happy Dance

laughing

protege heh ..... roll eyes (sarcastic) ?

This is how I see it: (And im talking about the Thor who appaers in his own title not the pussy wannabe who is an avenger)

Strength : Superman (not by alot)
Reaction Speed : Superman (not by Alot)
Transport Speed : Thor (By alot)
Durability : Superman (not by alot)
Stamina : Thor (By alot !!!!!!)
Fighting Skills : Thor (By ALot !!!!!!!!!!!)
Energy Manipulation : Thor (by alot)
General Abilities : Moljnir (by Alot)
Most Powerful Attack : God Force !!!!!!!!
Will Power : Draw !!!!!!!
Mental abilities : Superman
Experience : Thor
More Powerful Enemies : Thor
Weaknesses : Superman has two mahor ones, of whiuch Thor can exploit easilly.

Thor should win. smile Don't tell my clone though .... roll eyes (sarcastic)

roughrider
Dan Jurgens was writing & drawing Superman when he met Lobo for the first time, too. Lobo kicked his ass all over his Fortress Of Solitude, taunting Supes how he fights like a sissy! laughing out loud

snoopdogg
Didnt he say its a toss up?

Who does he work for now I wonder?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by yahman

More Powerful Enemies : Thor

They hardly come more powerful than Imperiex, Darkseid, Eradiacator, Cyborg, and even Brainiac.

I know Thor has some also but I would say its a tie.

Khellendros

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!

jinzin
dan jurgens also said the only reason thor would win is because of his magic... but superman is still hundreds (yes he said hundreds at least) of times physically stronger than thor.

olympian
"dan jurgens also said the only reason thor would win is because of his magic... but superman is still hundreds (yes he said hundreds at least) of times physically stronger than thor."

That excuse of " hes magic " doesnt work. Doesnt Superman needs to be powered by solar energy also?

And physically stronger than Thor by a hundred times?

He certainly didnt looked like in theyr fight.

Pointinel

ok sure

but...

yahman
Originally posted by snoopdogg
They hardly come more powerful than Imperiex, Darkseid, Eradiacator, Cyborg, and even Brainiac.

I know Thor has some also but I would say its a tie.

Indeed ..... Galactus, Thanos, Sutur, Destroyer, Mangog.... shifty

olympian
.......Odin since they have fought before. Ymir, Ego.

Thor has one of the best rogue gallery around.

yahman
Originally posted by olympian
"dan jurgens also said the only reason thor would win is because of his magic... but superman is still hundreds (yes he said hundreds at least) of times physically stronger than thor."

That excuse of " hes magic " doesnt work. Doesnt Superman needs to be powered by solar energy also?

And physically stronger than Thor by a hundred times?

He certainly didnt looked like in theyr fight.

I got two words for you mate ..... Mutual Compensation. I.E. Marvel agreed to let Thor loose, as long as he didn't look bad. smile

Did he really say hundreds of times stronger ? smile

yahman
.......Odin since they have fought before. Ymir, Ego.

Thor has one of the best rogue gallery around.

.... Juggernaught, The original Doomsday (Hulk), Hercules (Male Wonder Woman) Indeed. Thats why i gave him the nod smile

Although i don't really rate Yimir. smile

olympian
"I got two words for you mate ..... Mutual Compensation. I.E. Marvel agreed to let Thor loose, as long as he didn't look bad"

How could he look "bad" if hes not overall weaker than the opponent? Supes has the edge at some, Thor has the edge of some. How you decide who is hundred if times stronger if none of the two is.

".... Juggernaught, The original Doomsday (Hulk), Hercules (Male Wonder Woman) Indeed. Thats why i gave him the nod "

Although i don't really rate Yimir"

I do, hes a huge treath, like Surtur.

yahman
"I got two words for you mate ..... Mutual Compensation. I.E. Marvel agreed to let Thor loose, as long as he didn't look bad"

How could he look "bad" if hes not overall weaker than the opponent? Supes has the edge at some, Thor has the edge of some. How you decide who is hundred if times stronger if none of the two is.

".... Juggernaught, The original Doomsday (Hulk), Hercules (Male Wonder Woman) Indeed. Thats why i gave him the nod "

Although i don't really rate Yimir"

I do, hes a huge treath, like Surtur.

Its like Benfica vs a lower league team in a charity match .... To ensure that Benfica wins they can cum to a mutual with the other team, but the agreement means that Benfica will make he other team look good, E.G. let them score a few goals smile

Sutur has immense cosmic and magical abilities, where as Ymir's power is in his strength and size. smile

olympian
" Its like Benfica vs a lower league team in a charity match .... To ensure that Benfica wins they can cum to a mutual with the other team, but the agreement means that Benfica will make he other team look good, E.G. let them score a few goals "

Your analogy is bad, since Superman doesnt correspond to a lower league team.

You are underrating him yahman.

"Sutur has immense cosmic and magical abilities, where as Ymir's power is in his strength and size"

Wich doesnt make him any easier to beat. Ymir was the beast, Odin and his brothers had to overcome to become the new rulers. Ala zeus and co with the Titans.

yahman
" Its like Benfica vs a lower league team in a charity match .... To ensure that Benfica wins they can cum to a mutual with the other team, but the agreement means that Benfica will make he other team look good, E.G. let them score a few goals "

Your analogy is bad, since Superman doesnt correspond to a lower league team.

You are underrating him yahman.

"Sutur has immense cosmic and magical abilities, where as Ymir's power is in his strength and size"

Wich doesnt make him any easier to beat. Ymir was the beast, Odin and his brothers had to overcome to become the new rulers. Ala zeus and co with the Titans.

"Your analogy is bad, since Superman doesnt correspond to a lower league team. "

But Thor does .... It explains why he made such a good show when he is 100's of times weaker. smile

olympian
Hater. Your evil knows no bounds.

Dont you know he always takes spinach before figthing?

Even so that only makes him 50 times weaker.

yahman
Hater. Your evil knows no bounds.

Dont you know he always takes spinach before figthing?

Even so that only makes him 50 times weaker.

100 x weaker doesn't really mean alot in comics. This is not as stupid as it might seem. I mean Aqua man could potentially be 100 x weaker than Superman yet he will still give him a good show. Karnak is at least 100 x weaker than the Thing, and yet he can hurt him, using his skills, the same applies to wolverine and Spider man. Thor went up against Eighth Day Juggernaut (who was a 100 x stronger than he normally was) and although he was beaten, the fight still lasted a while. I doubt that Superman is 100's of times stronger than Thor, yet i do think he is considerably stronger. I still think Thor would win. smile

Maestro
You also forgot the celestials,mephisto,hela and the Elder gods.

Sentry
Yup, Thor is more powerful, but Superman's a bit stronger. Not by a lot though as some people think.

Like I said before

Busiek = Retard

Dan Jurgens = Smart

Whirlysplatt
Yup, Thor is more powerful, but Superman's a bit stronger. Not by a lot though as some people think.

Like I said before

Busiek = Retard

Dan Jurgens = Smart

"Thorbuster Punch"

Sentry
Superman's own writer said it. Happy Dance so it must be canon. stick out tongue

Whirlysplatt
Superman's own writer said it. Happy Dance so it must be canon. stick out tongue

"Thorbuster Punch"

Busiek and Jurgens have both written both in some form or another smile

Scoobless
that'll teach him not to go the wrong way down a one way street!

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/9400/supthor8rr.jpg

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Scoobless
that'll teach him not to go the wrong way down a one way street!

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/9400/supthor8rr.jpg

laughing out loud

I still prefer the genuine pick smile

you know dials to 11 etc

roughrider
What a crossing guard Thor would make - no high speed chases or superhuman brawls, tying things up when he's on duty! laughing

Smaxxer
This is turning in a vs-thread...

and who cares who is stronger ? Superman is cool, Thor is cooler. End of story.

joesha28
Jurgens later explain that the 100x stronger thing is a matter of sacarsm.
He stated that Thor without Mjolnir vs Superman would be a 5/10 or maybe a 6/10 both ways. Superman stronger.... Superman is always shown weight lifting in his books. Thor does not do much weight lifting as Superman but fights opponent who are said to be stronger than Superman... Thanos, Gladiator (known to rip stars and all), Thor lifts when he need to e.g The Midgard Serpent (weight of earth itself), Twilight Sword (mass of white dwarf star)

dvampire
Superman hate threads. smile roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

yahman
Originally posted by joesha28
Jurgens later explain that the 100x stronger thing is a matter of sacarsm.
He stated that Thor without Mjolnir vs Superman would be a 5/10 or maybe a 6/10 both ways. Superman stronger.... Superman is always shown weight lifting in his books. Thor does not do much weight lifting as Superman but fights opponent who are said to be stronger than Superman... Thanos, Gladiator (known to rip stars and all), Thor lifts when he need to e.g The Midgard Serpent (weight of earth itself), Twilight Sword (mass of white dwarf star)

Its amazing how anyone can make any scenario argue in favour of their point, even if it clearly contradicts it .....

"Superman stronger.... Superman is always shown weight lifting in his books. Thor does not do much weight lifting as Superman "

confused

yahman
Originally posted by Smaxxer
This is turning in a vs-thread...

and who cares who is stronger ? Superman is cool, Thor is cooler. End of story.

'and who cares who is stronger ? '

I do

"Superman is cool, Thor is cooler. End of story. "

I disagree.

Sentry
Originally posted by dvampire
Superman hate threads. smile roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

How can it be hate when it's the truth?

When Whirly posted JLA/Avengers canon thing was that a hate thread to? This thread is merely stating a fact. If you were here for that thread, then you you'd probably understand.

Hate thread? Pfffttt.. In your eyes only. stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic)

Juntai
I could agree that Thor is more outwardly powerful in most circumstances, as he's more versatile with his power... Superman is no slouch though, he can cover the whole planet with heat vision and melt it down, or punch in twain...and as has been seen, Thor's outwards power and/or versatility didn't help him at all in the fight against Superman.

olympian
Especially since he didnt used said versability.

snoopdogg
Especially since he didnt used said versability. He didnt?

He tried using the hammer but failed.

olympian
Using the hammer as a blunt wapon, isent "versability"

snoopdogg
Using the hammer has a blunt wapon, isent "versability" Oh ok.

joesha28
Originally posted by yahman
Its amazing how anyone can make any scenario argue in favour of their point, even if it clearly contradicts it .....

"Superman stronger.... Superman is always shown weight lifting in his books. Thor does not do much weight lifting as Superman "

confused

Ok maybe i typed wrongly. I was suppose to say that Superman is seen as stronger because Superman is always shown weight lifting in his books. Thor does not do much weight lifting as Superman....

My point is by lifting weights does not mean that Superman is stronger.

cool

joesha28
Check out the Mighty Thor Respek thread dude. You will know what i mean, by saying Thor has vast strength and power wink

yahman
Originally posted by joesha28
Ok maybe i typed wrongly. I was suppose to say that Superman is seen as stronger because Superman is always shown weight lifting in his books. Thor does not do much weight lifting as Superman....

My point is by lifting weights does not mean that Superman is stronger.

cool

Yes that certainly proves your point laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

olympian
Both have them.

yahman
Both have them.

Your just unhappy cos Benfica lost to United. big grin

olympian
Im mad not unhappy. You always fail to see the obvious.

wink

joesha28
Ole to Benitez!!!

biensalsa

Endless Mike
Necropost, bad form.

Also unless the person saying this owns the rights to both characters it's kind of meaningless as anything other than another person's opinion

JakeTheBank
Lol. The gap between Superman and Thor being the same as the gap between Flash and Quicksilver is pretty goddamn hilarious.

roughrider
Considering Dan Jurgens was working at Marvel during the time of the interview, I'd say he was just having a little fun with them. To take his words literally, Thor is no better an opponent of Superman than Lex Luthor or Batman with a piece of kryptonite.

And yes, Flash with the Speedforce is far beyond Quicksilver at his most powerful (Ultimate Quicksilver, it would be a closer matchup.) You'd have to look at characters like The Runner or Makkari at Marvel, for a better match.

Existere
Current Quicksilver is faster than Ultimate (though obviously still incomparable to Flash)

roughrider
Originally posted by Existere
Current Quicksilver is faster than Ultimate (though obviously still incomparable to Flash)

I haven't checked. Does he still have those odd time travel powers given him by the Terrigen Mists?

Powers I don't like are ones involving time travel (Kang)and speeders with light speed capability, or the speedforce. You always have to suspend your disbelief as to why the fight isn't over before it begins, if you can do that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.