Should HIGH SCHOOL and COLLEGES give out Condoms?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GreenFist
I was just wanting to have a debate on if it is a good idea to had out condoms to high school and college people. What do think about giving out condoms?

FeceMan
Nope. They seem to have this idea that we're animals who can't control our sexual urges.

GreenFist
But if they did then there will be less people who gives each other STDS

FeceMan
Originally posted by GreenFist
But if they did then there will be less people who gives each other STDS
If people are going to be stupid and have sex sans protection, they get whatever is coming to them.

Lana
Originally posted by FeceMan
If people are going to be stupid and have sex sans protection, they get whatever is coming to them.

But by doing so they're making sure that they DO have protection.

I don't think they should in high schools, but I see no reason why not in college -- most college students WILL be having sex. Better to help be sure that they're doing it safely.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Lana

I don't think they should in high schools, but I see no reason why not in college -- most college students WILL be having sex. Better to help be sure that they're doing it safely.
Is it the school's responsibility, though?

GreenFist
True Very true, but it depends on the student if the student thinks that he or she will be in a sexual intercoruse then i think school should give out condoms

GreenFist

If i may ask why not in high school?

Lana
Is it the school's responsibility, though?

If students can get them easily and for free, then they'll be more likely to use them. Ultimately it's the school's choice as to whether to give them out.

If i may ask why not in high school?

Because I think that younger high school students may take it as encouragement to have sex.

GreenFist
If students can get them easily and for free, then they'll be more likely to use them. Ultimately it's the school's choice as to whether to give them out.

Because I think that younger high school students may take it as encouragement to have sex.

True, but you have to blame sex ed they are not telling you everything about sex and the dangers of sex that's why they should :

1. Show real picture of STDS{ to scare people, if you are going to have sex were a condom} When i showed my self pictures of STD it made my sex Harmiones go down WAY DOWN

2. take alest a month to explain everything

WindDancer
I was just wanting to have a debate on if it is a good idea to had out condoms to high school and college people. What do think about giving out condoms?

Nah! Why waste school money on condoms when you can use that money to buy better books and provide a more skill sex ed? Let the parents buy the condoms for their own kids. Don't waste school funds on some wild kids looking for some action. Buy better books for schools. Educate....it helps.

GreenFist
Originally posted by WindDancer
Nah! Why waste school money on condoms when you can use that money to buy better books and provide a more skill sex ed? Let the parents buy the condoms for their own kids. Don't waste school funds on some wild kids looking for some action. Buy better books for schools. Educate....it helps.

VERY STRONG POINT. i did not think of that, but doesn't sex eds programs/School have comdoms

GCG
Have high schools become like Pattaya beach ?

GreenFist
Originally posted by GCG
Have high schools become like Pattaya beach ?

? confused

FeceMan
True, but you have to blame sex ed they are not telling you everything about sex and the dangers of sex that's why they should :

1. Show real picture of STDS{ to scare people, if you are going to have sex were a condom} When i showed my self pictures of STD it made my sex Harmiones go down WAY DOWN

I didn't know you had a Harry Potter character in your body.

Your "harmiones" didn't go down because you saw the pictures. Neither did your hormones. And Hermione doesn't care.

GreenFist
SOORRY i spelled it wrong

EsteemedLeader
I know what they should do to stop all the sex in High School...

...give all the girls wedding cake at lunch time.

Kumar
i think they should give out condoms. or they should at least provide a more factual sex education. because in most health/sex ed. curriculum's, they tell you that sex is the Devil and if you do it you will get every STD, get pregnant and die. of course that is an exaggeration but you see my point. They tell us to all abstain but they know that some people won't but they provide no information for those people. i mean, if you are sexually active and all you have to go off of is school, ten you are going in blind. i think they should hand out condoms because there is always gonna be people that have pre marital sex and if they have no idea about it, then they can't be safe.

GCG
? confused

Pattaya beach is a place in Thailand where sex is on the rampage,. whether its day or night, with kids or with adults or elders.

Recently there has been a condom promo against AIDS & STDs as a lot of young girls who hail from villages nearby dont even know what they (diseases) are.

Lana

Better sex-ed would certainly help that, a lot.

Okay, that's high school....what about college?

Victor Von Doom
I'm a bit confused.

Spend the money on sex ed: ie have safe sex.

Safe sex- condoms.

GreenFist
Originally posted by Kumar
i think they should give out condoms. or they should at least provide a more factual sex education. because in most health/sex ed. curriculum's, they tell you that sex is the Devil and if you do it you will get every STD, get pregnant and die. of course that is an exaggeration but you see my point. They tell us to all abstain but they know that some people won't but they provide no information for those people. i mean, if you are sexually active and all you have to go off of is school, ten you are going in blind. i think they should hand out condoms because there is always gonna be people that have pre marital sex and if they have no idea about it, then they can't be safe.

Good Point big grin

GreenFist
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I'm a bit confused.

Spend the money on sex ed: ie have safe sex.

Safe sex- condoms.

No spend the money on books and sex programs

Lana
No spend the money on books and sex programs

In high school, yes. But in college it's a bit different.

GCG
tough condoms arent a 100% assurance for preventing transmission of STD's ;

they can tear as well

Echuu
Originally posted by GCG
tough condoms arent a 100% assurance for preventing transmission of STD's

But abstinence is...

Leo.M
I don't think they should give out condoms in high school because if your dumb enough not to ware a condom... well then your just one of those stupid people that don't ware seat belts . same thing with college, if your in college you should be smart enough to ware a condom

Afro Cheese
Give out condoms? No. Schools are underfunded as it is.

But I don't see why they shouldn't sell condoms maybe just by having a vending machine in the bathrooms, cause I'm sure they'd do pretty good business. Why not? Denying that high school students have sex by refusing them condoms isn't gonna make kids stop having sex. So schools might as well sell them condoms.. promote safe sex and make a little money as well. Everyone wins.

GCG
Promoting safe sex is something Parents would agree ; However Condom Dispensing Machines may be viewed as soliciting sex.

BackFire
Nope. They seem to have this idea that we're animals who can't control our sexual urges.

We are animals.

KidRock
Condoms take all the pleasure away, remember that kids.

This has been a public service announcement from your uncle kidrock.

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by GCG
Promoting safe sex is something Parents would agree ; However Condom Dispensing Machines may be viewed as soliciting sex. Condoms cost money just like everything else, and their kids can pay for them just like everyone else. It's no different from giving them out, except for in this case the school wouldn't be losing money.

MC Mike
Nope. They seem to have this idea that we're animals who can't control our sexual urges. \

...The overall purpose of any being is to reproduce. We are animals and we can't control our sexual urges...

High school condoms - no. I'm in high school and all my friends are smart enough to go out and buy their own. It's important some bitchy pharmacist doesn't block a young kid from getting condoms.

As for college, I don't see why they should have to spend money on them if high school kids can buy their own.

And personally I don't know anyone who would willingly follow abstinence, me included.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Echuu
But abstinence is...
OMG ST00PID CHRISTIAN FORCING UR BELIEFS ON OTHERS WTF!!!!11111!!1111 abstinence is teh religious right trying to make teh schools conform to teihr ideas about sex and stuff next tihng u no tehy'll want to tell ever1 taht homosexuals r bad!!!!11!!111
Originally posted by BackFire
We are animals.
Which does not contradict the latter half of what I said.

Echuu
Originally posted by MC Mike
And personally I don't know anyone who would willingly follow abstinence, me included.

Hello I'm Echuu... ok you know me and I'm willingly following abstinence.

Feceman>.... laughing out loud

FeceMan
Originally posted by MC Mike
\

...The overall purpose of any being is to reproduce. We are animals and we can't control our sexual urges...

High school condoms - no. I'm in high school and all my friends are smart enough to go out and buy their own. It's important some bitchy pharmacist doesn't block a young kid from getting condoms.

As for college, I don't see why they should have to spend money on them if high school kids can buy their own.

Yes, we CAN control our sexual urges. That's why only some people are rapists and why some people choose to wait until marriage to have sex.

By the way, insinuating that there is a purpose for an organism insinuates that there actually might be a God--oh noes!--at least according to some members of KMC. Can't have that, you know.

silver_tears
Unless it's catholic, by all means.

xmarksthespot
I don't see any problem with schools making available condoms. I don't know where the notion is derived that if teenagers have better access to condoms that they'll increase their sexual activity.

FeceMan
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I don't see any problem with schools making available condoms. I don't know where the notion is derived that if teenagers have better access to condoms that they'll increase their sexual activity.
It could be seen as encouragement, or one could take the view that, "As long as they're here, might as well make use of them".

xmarksthespot
It could be seen as encouragement, or one could take the view that, "As long as they're here, might as well make use of them". Do you really believe those points or are you just offering up potential counter-arguments.

Afro Cheese
Well if the kids are gonna have sex JUST cause there's condoms available then let's face it, they weren't going to last very long at that whole "abstinence" thing in the first place. Those kids would probably end up having sex anyway, just without a rubber.

FeceMan
Do you really believe those points or are you just offering up potential counter-arguments.
A little of both. People are notoriously stupid.

xmarksthespot
I've no doubt there are a lot of stupid teenagers but:
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Well if the kids are gonna have sex JUST cause there's condoms available then let's face it, they weren't going to last very long at that whole "abstinence" thing in the first place. Those kids would probably end up having sex anyway, just without a rubber.

FeceMan
I've no doubt there are a lot of stupid teenagers but:
And then they would get what they deserve--syphilis.

Or something worse.

xmarksthespot
You have to sleep with someone with syphilis to contract syphilis so I doubt two idiot virgin teens are going to get that. Conceiving isn't as easy as some make it out to be either.

Afro Cheese
And then they would get what they deserve--syphilis.

Or something worse. So then what's wrong with "encouraging sex?" If the kids get an STD, it's their own fault right? So who cares how much sex they have?

FeceMan
You have to sleep with someone with syphilis to contract syphilis so I doubt two idiot virgin teens are going to get that. Conceiving isn't as easy as some make it out to be either.
And oral sex?

Conception is difficult only when one wants to conceive. It is the easiest thing in the world when one doesn't want to.

Perhaps not entirely true, but true enough, it would seem. Just like the days when one hasn't done one's homework and it is the one time when the teacher calls on one to answer a question.

xmarksthespot
And oral sex?What about oral sex? confused
Conception is difficult only when one wants to conceive. It is the easiest thing in the world when one doesn't want to.
Perhaps not entirely true, but true enough, it would seem. Just like the days when one hasn't done one's homework and it is the one time when the teacher calls on one to answer a question. Murphy's Law. lol

FeceMan
What about oral sex? confused
Murphy's Law. lol
Many teenagers don't consider oral sex to be sexual intercourse and say that they are still virgins even after having oral intercourse. Which is a means by which STDs may be transmitted.

Someone always has an STD. You have to have one person who is the carrier...yay.

BackFire
I think it's perfectly fine for schools to make condoms readily available for students. Not only does it promite and offer teenagers an immediate means to protect themselves, who like it or not, are going to experiment at that age, with or without condoms, but it also gets it into their minds at an early age that condoms are the smartest way to go. It's safer for teens to have sex with condoms, then without.

xmarksthespot
Many teenagers don't consider oral sex to be sexual intercourseWell neither did the President of the United States...

debbiejo
Well neither did the President of the United States...

laughing out loud

Yeah, and no one will ever forget that either.....ever...ever...ever...

lil bitchiness

YES!

Safe sex is very important.

fini
YEs they should. I seriously doubt that it will make kids( those in High school) have more sex.

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm. I don't think sex is anything to be rushed into. I think it is good to wait till one is truly ready, not just to do it because "everyone else is" or because one can, or because the laws says at age such and such you can.

But that said I think condoms are a good idea, because if they are going to do it I think it's better that protection is available. Difficult or not it can only take once for a pregnancy to occur. Or for an STD to be transmitted. I don't really think it would encourage sex, but hopefully it would encourage protection in the event of sex. Really it's very much with the times, it says that while we don't want you to, we know you probably will, so please take the precautions that are on offer in order to minimise the problems that can arise from it.

soleran30
Hand out the condoms and hell if they do I might even drop by the schools myselfsmile It gets expensive after awhile lol

Victor Von Doom
I don't think it's really incumbent upon colleges to do this. If you got into a college and still take the risk of unsafe sex, Darwin Awards all round.

jedi-kev
Sex is for married people!!

GreenFist
True but it's :
1] Get ALL or MOST info. about STD,schools do not teach abut HPV they don't tell you that you can have Lumps,Bumps,Scaly white things or Rashes down there.
OR
2] Hand out condoms but still teach sex ed

AdventChild

GREAT answer...It's good to know that we have good moderators...i think that it should be as long as the student donates money to the school to provide them...

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by AdventChild
i think that it should be as long as the student donates money to the school to provide them... Or you could wipe out the middle man and directly sell condoms to students.

GreenFist
okay

Veneficus
You people are all talking about how we don't have enough education in high schools...I am a high school sophmore and in our health class we had to suffer through the most disgusting slideshow ever with graphic images of what happens to people who get STDS.

GreenFist
Originally posted by Veneficus
You people are all talking about how we don't have enough education in high schools...I am a high school sophmore and in our health class we had to suffer through the most disgusting slideshow ever with graphic images of what happens to people who get STDS.

Im a Freshman embarrasment but wouldn't you like to see those picture in middle school to help understand STDS

forumcrew

Colleges do give them out. When I lived in the dorms first 2 years (im not in an apartment) they would always have a basket of them at the front desk.

Veneficus
Originally posted by forumcrew
Colleges do give them out. When I lived in the dorms first 2 years (im not in an apartment) they would always have a basket of them at the front desk.

That is an odd thing for me to visualise for some reason

xmarksthespot
I'd imagine it would look something like this.
http://www.thebiggreen.net/content/conx0841.jpg
Pretty good idea, imo.

forumcrew
yea, lots of the RA's do programs where they will have something similar to that.. i meant to say I am NOW* in an apartment above as well..

GuitarBunny
Pretty good idea, imo. i see they hand them out like candy laughing

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by fini
YEs they should. I seriously doubt that it will make kids( those in High school) have more sex.

You'll would be surprised

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by AdventChild
i think that it should be as long as the student donates money to the school to provide them...

Would it not be more logical to just buy them then?

Ushgarak
No matter what- not even if everyone was 100% properly educated in matters sexual- risky sexual transmisisons will take place at all post-child ages of society, definitely at 13 onwards. Sorry, but it simply will.

Much as I dislike condoms for a variety of reasons and wish there was a better option, it is therefore also true that unless proper means are made available to reduce that risk at all levels of society then infection rates will spread- and don't kid yourself into thinking that tonly 'deserving' people will be infected. Aside form that being a heinous view anyway, the fact is that infections will spread out beyond the merely incautious. And- again, much as I dislike them- condoms are the only practical example of 'proper means'.

If condoms are not available at high school, that simply reduces their necessary availability to a whole section of society that needs them. Infection rates will increase and that's plain dumb.

No amount of education will lower infection rates more than the presence of the condoms. It's a sad state of affairs but one that must be recognised- because in this day and age, infection rates mean death.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Ushgarak
No matter what- not even if everyone was 100% properly educated in matters sexual- risky sexual transmisisons will take place at all post-child ages of society, definitely at 13 onwards. Sorry, but it simply will.

Much as I dislike condoms for a variety of reasons and wish there was a better option, it is therefore also true that unless proper means are made available to reduce that risk at all levels of society then infection rates will spread- and don't kid yourself into thinking that tonly 'deserving' people will be infected. Aside form that being a heinous view anyway, the fact is that infections will spread out beyond the merely incautious. And- again, much as I dislike them- condoms are the only practical example of 'proper means'.

If condoms are not available at high school, that simply reduces their necessary availability to a whole section of society that needs them. Infection rates will increase and that's plain dumb.

No amount of education will lower infection rates more than the presence of the condoms. It's a sad state of affairs but one that must be recognised- because in this day and age, infection rates mean death.

For what reason do you dislike them, out of interest?

Ushgarak
Because a mystique his built up around the condom that has made a lot of people think that the be all and end all of sexual responsibility is condom use, and I think in the long run that has encouraged a promiscuity that has probably made infection more, not less, likely- because, frankly, condoms are a crappy form of contraception and it is aggravating that technology has not yet gotten a practical improvement on a sodding rubber barrier.

But at this point, removing the condoms from society won't eliminate that problem- it's a one-way door- so people need as wide an access to them as possible.

I really would prefer it if people just limited their risky sexual encounters to those that they know they are safe with- up to and including both partners taking a blood test if need be.

Victor Von Doom
Because a mystique his built up around the condom that has made a lot of people think that the be all and end all of sexual responsibility is condom use, and I think in the long run that has encouraged a promiscuity that has probably made infection more, not less, likely- because, frankly, condoms are a crappy form of contraception and it is aggravating that technology has not yet gotten a practical improvement on a sodding rubber barrier.

But at this point, removing the condoms from society won't eliminate that problem- it's a one-way door- so people need as wide an access to them as possible.

I really would prefer it if people just limited their risky sexual encounters to those that they know they are safe with- up to and including both partners taking a blood test if need be.

I see what you mean. You are of the view that 'condom or no condom' has somehow replaced the concept of responsible sexual behaviour.

That's an interesting one actually.

Spelljammer
I don't care if condoms are handed out or not, they can't be expected to supply children (yes people, children, think about that one for a moment..) with as many as they're going to be using and ALL those kids..

What they need to do (and this will help the common man too) is lower the price of condoms. That way, if children have sex, they can buy thier own damn condoms like an adult would have too, and as an adult, they don't cost an arm and a leg..

Inspectah Deck

So what do you recommend for safe sex?

Ushgarak
Err, what I just said at the end there.

Inspectah Deck
Oh

GCG
Pretty good idea, imo.

haha

I can imagine that on the lecturer's desk :

"Kids; dont forget your freeby " laughing out loud

forumcrew
Originally posted by GCG
haha

its not like they try to teach it or push it on you in college. They are just around because theyd rather you be safe and not too cheap to buy them, or in the moment not wanting to go to a store. its a great idea.

GCG
Greenfist should have considered making this a poll - it would be interesting.

draconigena
I'm all for it. My college has places all over, and at many times throughout the year that condoms are available, and usually for free (the Sexual Awarness Center, erotic bake sales, info fairs, etc.). It's nice to know that you're never far away from being able to get one I guess... and you're pretty much garrunteed to always have 3 or 4 in your desk drawer just due to the sheer number of handouts you can get on a weekly basis.

And I wish that my high school had had something similar... or at least had made condoms available at the nurse's office, or in dispensers in the bathrooms (hell, the sex ed at my HS was non-existent). I know some schools around me do, but mine didn't. I don't believe that having condoms readily available would have givin students a "Well, they're here, let's make use of them" attitude at all. One of the schools in the same district as mine, that also had the same level of sex ed (nothing), had a much higher number of students with STDs and a student body that was just generally more sexually active than that of my high school. But then again, I have a friend who goes to a school that did have condoms available in the bathrooms, and their students were in the same area as those at my school (sexually speaking).

Kosta
Well, if the school in question wants to see a whole bunch of inflated condoms flying around classrooms, then yeah, go for it. However, if they want to promote safe sex, they should update the sex ed program, those 50 year old videos aren't very effective. erm

Capt_Fantastic
Condoms should be free. Every state-funded health facility should pass out condoms for free. There should be a big fish bowl of them, sitting just inside the sliding glass doors at the enterance. (just like at the clubs) And I see no problem with health clinics on college campuses handing them out either. But, schools on the whole can not be responsible for healthy sex between it's students.

But, the price/availability of condoms will have little effect on the spread of STDs. Not in this day and age. Today, the spread of STDs is a matter of people who DON'T use condoms, not people who CAN'T use condoms.

KILLBILLFREAK
Originally posted by GCG
Greenfist should have considered making this a poll - it would be interesting.

Yeah but im still a newbie i guess you can say {im still learning}

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by GCG
haha

Which is better? Trojan or Magnum?

KILLBILLFREAK
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Which is better? Trojan or Magnum?

? embarrasment

manny321
our school stooped giving them till someone almost died from latex allergies. Also some were expired and plus the parents got mad that the school was encouraging such things. Well you know minority people are not that comfortable with such things.

I say why not but our school was weird. Most people took them like they were shy. I was in grade 9 at that time and i saw only like ten people in grade taking it.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by manny321
Well you know minority people are not that comfortable with such things.

Slightly dubious claim.

manny321
I think they should but i don't see anything too special in sex. I tried it when i was 18. The girl was always moaning and screaming and i thought oh ill just wait till i met someone that i may marry.

Also Victor Von Doom i meant is that about 70-75% of my school are minorities. Its not a bad things i found it rather fun. However you know most of their religions are quite against such things So the school said just buy some from the store across the street to get rid of the controversy.

KILLBILLFREAK
Yeah i guess that can be another thing {Religous people} but then again if they are real deep in there culture then they should not be wanting to have sex.

Victor Von Doom

Also Victor Von Doom i meant is that about 70-75% of my school are minorities.

Kind of makes the word 'minority' redundant.

Ganner Rhysode
I don't think it should be the school's responsiblity at all.

RedAlertv2
Ive got funny story about all this...

At the Warped Tour there were people giving away condoms. My friend didnt quite figure it out at first and was like "hey look, free packs of gum!". The truth struck home moments later

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Ive got funny story about all this...

At the Warped Tour there were people giving away condoms. My friend didnt quite figure it out at first and was like "hey look, free packs of gum!". The truth struck home moments later

Was that during chewing?

Capt_Fantastic
I think they should but i don't see anything too special in sex. I tried it when i was 18. The girl was always moaning and screaming and i thought oh ill just wait till i met someone that i may marry.

Also Victor Von Doom i meant is that about 70-75% of my school are minorities. Its not a bad things i found it rather fun. However you know most of their religions are quite against such things So the school said just buy some from the store across the street to get rid of the controversy.

Sex isn't like Brussel sprouts! You don't try it...and say "ewww! YUCK! no thank you!"

KILLBILLFREAK
Nice Example?

manny321
well thats what more then half do.

KILLBILLFREAK
oh

Lana
well thats what more then half do.

I think that's more a case of them not being mature enough to handle sex, then.

Fire
Originally posted by KILLBILLFREAK

Sounds like a great idea. A good way for kids and students to get them.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Sex isn't like Brussel sprouts! You don't try it...and say "ewww! YUCK! no thank you!"
It is if it has cheese on top...

sick

manny321
true thats why iam wait till i get back into it.

Capt_Fantastic
It is if it has cheese on top...

sick

Brussell Sprouts, or sex?

DarkC
Colleges yes, High School = no.

KILLBILLFREAK
Originally posted by DarkC
Colleges yes, High School = no.

Why not High School

Curl_Up&Dye
I think they should make condoms available, but at my college they go knocking door to door forcing you to take them

Both my room mate and I thought that to be extremely disrespectful and degrading.

FeceMan
Brussell Sprouts, or sex?
Sex.

I could probably handle brussel sprouts with a thick coating of gooey cheese.

silver_tears
I was at a University Fair today, and they were doing a demonstration on how to properly apply a condom, and how to choose the right one out of like 10 different kinds. They gave us free samples too, I got ribbed and banana flavoured happy

Comic Book
yes, so we could have sex and not get an std.

Mr Parker
I think you mean rubbers,a condom is something that you buy to live in and cost thousands of dollars. big grin

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I think you mean rubbers,a condom is something that you buy to live in and cost thousands of dollars. big grin

What?

FeceMan
What?
He's an idiot is "what". He's thinking condominium, but he is too damn stupid to realize his error.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Mr Parker
a condom is something that you buy to live in and cost thousands of dollars. big grin

There was me thinking ribbed was the cutting edge of technology.

Capt_Fantastic
He's an idiot is "what". He's thinking condominium, but he is too damn stupid to realize his error.

Well, I assumed that he was talking about a condo. I just couldn't tell if he was being (trying to be) funny, or if he was serious.

Bardock42
Well, I assumed that he was talking about a condo. I just couldn't tell if he was being (trying to be) funny, or if he was serious.
I figured the "big grin" kinfd of gave it away....

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Bardock42
I figured the "big grin" kinfd of gave it away....

Oh

You know, I never saw that. I was too confused by the first half of the post...so I think I actually stopped reading it.

FeceMan
I just assume that he is a moron. All he does is ***** about the "Man-Spider" movies.

cri more n00b

KILLBILLFREAK
See that's another thing i did know there was so many kinds of Condoms{size, i knew there were flavors} why isn't Sex ed telling all of this

Bardock42
I just assume that he is a moron. All he does is ***** about the "Man-Spider" movies.

cri more n00b

Nope he'S also crying aboot Pierce Brosnan as Bond and Keaton as Batman.......

Bardock42
See that's another thing i did know there was so many kinds of Condoms{size, i knew there were flavors} why isn't Sex ed telling all of this

Cause that is not like the important thing in Sex Ed.......

You should learn how it works and how one can protect themself......yeah..that'S aboot it.

KILLBILLFREAK
Originally posted by Bardock42
Cause that is not like the important thing in Sex Ed.......

You should learn how it works and how one can protect themself......yeah..that'S aboot it.

They do a bad job at that to{ Showing what is the risks aree having unprotected sex} example they did not tell us about there is 80 kinds of HPV, i did not know you can get bumps lumps and rashes on the penis, until i found that out myself, Plus they did show us how to put a condom but what's the best kind? How do you put it on when you have foreskin? how do you know what size to get?

OB1-adobe

Sure i Guess.

I'm more worried about the concept of giving anything to the human race for free.

I read the topic, and I immedietly imagined a zillion condom ballons.

X-Woman
They shouldn't because its like promoting sex before marriage (which is bad i.m.o.). I mean if students have condums they are going to feel more "protected" and do it more often.

Cringe
The reason schools feel they should give out condoms is because they feel that kids are going to do it anyways and if they are they might as well be protected.

I feel that if they give them out kids are going to have more of a urge to do it since they have a condom available.

In not aware of the laws regaurding condoms(if any) and correct if i'm wrong but I dont think condoms should be sold to anyone under 18.And if they are its just plain irresponible.

xmarksthespot
Wouldn't prohibiting the selling of condoms to people under-18 be a lot more irresponsible. If someone under 18 is intent on having sex, they're likely going to have sex regardless. By banning the selling of condoms to them all you'd be doing is ensuring that people under 18, who are having sex and are responsible enough to use protection, have unsafe sex.

KingDubya
In the area around my school, they don't have to. The local hospital gives them out for free to any teenagers asking for them.

FeceMan
Wouldn't prohibiting the selling of condoms to people under-18 be a lot more irresponsible. If someone under 18 is intent on having sex, they're likely going to have sex regardless. By banning the selling of condoms to them all you'd be doing is ensuring that people under 18, who are having sex and are responsible enough to use protection, have unsafe sex.
Wouldn't prohibiting the selling of child pornography to anyone be a lot more irresponsible? If someone is intent on looking at child pornography, he or she is likely to go and look at child pornography regardless. By banning the selling of child pornography to him or her, all you are doing is ensuring that people who want to look at child pornography, who are looking at child pornography and responsible enough not to go child molesting, are doing so illegally.

Spelljammer
Wouldn't prohibiting the selling of child pornography to anyone be a lot more irresponsible? If someone is intent on looking at child pornography, he or she is likely to go and look at child pornography regardless. By banning the selling of child pornography to him or her, all you are doing is ensuring that people who want to look at child pornography, who are looking at child pornography and responsible enough not to go child molesting, are doing so illegally.
http://www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/rideonmytaildudeowned.jpg.jpg
But as I said, the best thing would probably be to just sell condoms at a much lower price. Rather then make schools responsible for handing out condoms because they cannot keep up with the supply and demand, nor should they be required too, and this way, if teens want to have sex, they atleast can have protection at a more reasonable price. This helps adults too.

Cringe

Most kids wont have sex if they dont have the protection against having a child.

silver_tears

It's really quite fascinating, and useful to know really.

silver_tears

How relevant is that to the discussion? roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkC
Originally posted by silver_tears
I think it was meant to be an analogy. Although it didn't turn out so great, as we can see.

KILLBILLFREAK
It's really quite fascinating, and useful to know really. Yes it is, but the worst part is showing real live picture of STDS unlike in sex ed they had drawn out pictures.Originally posted by Cringe
Most kids wont have sex if they dont have the protection against having a child. Um.. not quite true, still people at my school still have sex even though im not sure how they are getting the protection they are still doing it.{ Not my friends} Originally posted by X-Woman
They shouldn't because its like promoting sex before marriage (which is bad i.m.o.). I mean if students have condums they are going to feel more "protected" and do it more often. Even though it does say that in the Bible not all people believe that part or does not believe the Bible at all, so why would they want to wait until they get married?

KILLBILLFREAK
So you all want to DIE

KILLBILLFREAK
Please ingore what i said just doing that for my sign thing thank u

Cringe
Even if your friends do.I still think the rate would go war down if the kids knew if they did it they could possibly have a child.The possibilty of the girl getting pregnant scares them most of the time.

xmarksthespot
Cringe says this:
Originally posted by Cringe
In not aware of the laws regaurding condoms(if any) and correct if i'm wrong but I dont think condoms should be sold to anyone under 18.And if they are its just plain irresponible. I say this:
Wouldn't prohibiting the selling of condoms to people under-18 be a lot more irresponsible. If someone under 18 is intent on having sex, they're likely going to have sex regardless. By banning the selling of condoms to them all you'd be doing is ensuring that people under 18, who are having sex and are responsible enough to use protection, have unsafe sex. You say this and think it's at all relevant:
Wouldn't prohibiting the selling of child pornography to anyone be a lot more irresponsible? If someone is intent on looking at child pornography, he or she is likely to go and look at child pornography regardless. By banning the selling of child pornography to him or her, all you are doing is ensuring that people who want to look at child pornography, who are looking at child pornography and responsible enough not to go child molesting, are doing so illegally. That's one of the most flawed and ridiculous analogies I've ever heard.Originally posted by Cringe
Most kids wont have sex if they dont have the protection against having a child. I don't think that assumption holds true.

KILLBILLFREAK
Originally posted by Cringe
Even if your friends do.I still think the rate would go war down if the kids knew if they did it they could possibly have a child.The possibilty of the girl getting pregnant scares them most of the time. But then again there is still a few that would want to have a baby, If they gave out condoms there will be no worry about having a baby{ well not a 100% true but 95% to be correct}

Cringe
What highschool student wants to have a kid?

KILLBILLFREAK
Don't you watch these shows like Murray, 13 -17 girls wants to have a baby

Cringe
How many kids have you actually seen say that?

I dont believe any more than one percent may want to have baby during their highschool years.

And its maury not murry

KILLBILLFREAK
Actually i have seen real people that was in high school but dropped out because they had babys

Capt_Fantastic
Should high schools and colleges give out condoms?

Yes AND lube. That's always an important part of the situation.

Lana
Actually i have seen real people that was in high school but dropped out because they had babys

That doesn't mean they wanted to have a kid. There's a difference between wanting to have one and actually having one.

FeceMan
Originally posted by DarkC
I think it was meant to be an analogy. Although it didn't turn out so great, as we can see.
No shit, Mr. and Mrs. Holmes. I was hoping to get an extremely negative reaction, but y'all are too...not able to be inflamed.

Bastards!

Cringe
That doesn't mean they wanted to have a kid. There's a difference between wanting to have one and actually having one.

Exactly.I was kind of confused when he made that statement so I didnt reply.

KILLBILLFREAK

True, so why not give out condoms so you don't have to worry about having and wanting. if they want a baby they would not use the condom and give it to someone else which would be there problem

Mr Parker

I was,couldnt you tell by the laughing smile that it was a joke? I hate it when people dont use the proper term-RUBBER. mad

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>