Darth Vader vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
cool so what yall think...could vader's light saber cut through superman, the man of steel (which sabers can cut str8 through)

Discusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
sssss

EsteemedLeader
I have to go with Vader. The force will stop Superman any day of the week...

snoopdogg
Vader of very powerful in the ways of the force.

Deus Ex
Wow.

You guys actually think Vader can kill Superman?

Here, I have some swampland I'm trying to sell. Interested?

Deus Ex
Also, this has been done before in the GVF, and it resulted in vader fanboys going "omfg, lightsabars cut threw steel. Superman = steel" or "zOMG! Vadar can furce kil all" or even "Vadar will furce choc him 2 deth lol!!!@@!!@@@!!"

Seriously, Vader's Force powers are -miniscule- in the series alone, let alone up against Superman. Superman moves entirely too fast for Vader to even strike or get a lock onto. It's a ridiculously straightforward fight.

TheKahn
Superman turns to the dark side and become Darth Kal and takes over the universe

roughrider
Originally posted by TheKahn
Superman turns to the dark side and become Darth Kal and takes over the universe

That WOULD be interesting - Kryptonian Sith.
I don't believe a lightsaber could cut Superman; at most, annoy him. Unless its through the eye...
Gets down to a battle of wills: Vader bombarding him with the dark side, and Supes trying to fight through it, like a brainiac attack. But, a little heat-vision on Vader's respitory controls, and he will have to flee or give in.

EsteemedLeader
Actually, he fought a Jedi-like character before, and he got his ass handed to him. When he was hit by an energy charged sword, he even proclaimed "... It hurts!"

Orestes
Please.

It takes a lightsaber a long time just to saw through a blast door -- something Superman could probably plow through without even slowing down.

Mind tricks? Those only work on the weak-minded -- even a person with moderately strong will can resist them. Superman has one of the most powerful wills in comicdom.

Force chokes and pushes? Don't make me laugh. wink

What could Darth Vader possibly do? In a fight like this, the only thing Vader has going for him is that Superman is a total boyscout, and all that means is he gets knocked cold rather than smeared into a bloody paste.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Orestes
It takes a lightsaber a long time just to saw through a blast door --

It went through immediatelly, like through butter.

pr1983
Originally posted by Xplosive
It went through immediatelly, like through butter.

qui gon had to push, and use the force...

Decay
i like vader, but he has no chance. his saber might be able to cut through superman given enough time but a slice isnt going to hurt him. i think hed have to work it into supermans flesh. and i dont see superman standing around and letting that happen. and vaders control of the force isnt enough to choke or forcecrush superman (who survives in the vacuum of space, with no oxygen). force lightning might actually hurt superman, being that its not like normal electricity, but vader cant pull it off with his mech hands. although, now that i think about it superman is weak to magic attacks, is the force considered magic? i know they talk about dark side magic in the comics. maybe vader does have a chance.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Also, this has been done before in the GVF, and it resulted in vader fanboys going "omfg, lightsabars cut threw steel. Superman = steel" or "zOMG! Vadar can furce kil all" or even "Vadar will furce choc him 2 deth lol!!!@@!!@@@!!"

Seriously, Vader's Force powers are -miniscule- in the series alone, let alone up against Superman. Superman moves entirely too fast for Vader to even strike or get a lock onto. It's a ridiculously straightforward fight.

That's exactly what it is, all of this is true.

What is Vader going to do? Stop overrating his powers, he has never even come close to the high end feats of Superman. If he WAS the force itself, instead of a force user, he'd own Superman, but he's not, and he's done. I doubt Vader could even see a Superman speed blitz.

Orestes
Originally posted by Decay
i like vader, but he has no chance. his saber might be able to cut through superman given enough time but a slice isnt going to hurt him. i think hed have to work it into supermans flesh. and i dont see superman standing around and letting that happen. and vaders control of the force isnt enough to choke or forcecrush superman (who survives in the vacuum of space, with no oxygen). force lightning might actually hurt superman, being that its not like normal electricity, but vader cant pull it off with his mech hands. although, now that i think about it superman is weak to magic attacks, is the force considered magic? i know they talk about dark side magic in the comics. maybe vader does have a chance.

It's not supposed to be, but then that kind of comes down to the question, "What IS magic, anyway?"

Trouble is, even if the Force CAN be considered magic, it's rather weak magic overall. Furthermore, magic isn't like kryptonite to Superman -- it doesn't actually weaken him -- it's just that his invulnerability doesn't apply to it. Force lightning could then, if it's considered magic, cause him extreme pain, but it wouldn't necessarily be enough to kill him. At least not immediately, in any event.

And the pushing and the choking would be meaningless.

Decay
yeah but if he is vunerable to it, then something like force crushing his chest like mace did to grievous in clone wars could cause some serious damage. a few of those and maybe trying to crush his skull might take him out. if he has no resistance to it at all it would be like doing it to a non force weilding human, which wouldnt be too hard.

Orestes
And yet not as easy as people like to make it out to be. The Force has almost never proven itself as a primary weapon in battle -- the sole exception to that rule is Sidious, who seems to love his lightning.

Mostly, jedi -- dark and light both -- just use their lightsabers, and when they do use the Force in the middle of combat, it's just really weak stuff. If they could really just pop off super-strong Force attacks in fights so easily, the darksiders would always win because the dark side of the Force has way, WAY better attack powers.

Decay
they dont use it in attack against eachother much becuase their force users, they can neutralise the attacks, or when their fighting against alot of enemies with blaster fire going on all round them because a saber is better at deflecting it, and it would be alot more efficent energy wise.

when vader kills his imperial navy officers he uses the force and never a lightsaber, also when solo was shooting at him in cloud city he never even reached for his saber. using the force takes time, especially against multiple enemies, so in a serious battle its not as practical as a saber. i think they do use weak stuff in combat becuase it the quickly done before someone else takes them from behind or the cop a stray blaster shot. same with jedi vs sith, if you start prepairing a serious attack the opponenet sences it and has time to counter.

but yes, the darkside is far more offencive, so they do have an edge in combat. back on the issue, if superman doesnt know about the force he might stand around trying to make vader give up while vader has time to use some serious dark side attack. if superman does know, hes just too fast for vader.

Creshosk
Superman with a speed blitz.

Part of the problem is that the force does require some time to use, and vader has never displayed some of the higher end force feats. . . Superman takes this easily. . .

EsteemedLeader
Vader is fast enough to deflect lazer fire, and can create force fields and barriers with his force power. And I guarantee you a lightsaber will kill Superman. And if Superman loses to Shadowdragon, he can't stand a match against Lord Vader...

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
And I guarantee you a lightsaber will kill Superman.
How can you guarantee that? Has Vader fought a kryptonian before?

pr1983
force crush wont work due to the energy field around supermans cells...

lighstaber wont work, this guy regularly flies into the sun...

any force pull or push wont work against a guy whos taken punches from black adam, shazam, wonder woman and bizarro...

EsteemedLeader
I mean that a lightsaber has ample power to pierce Supermans flesh and injure and kill him...

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by pr1983
force crush wont work due to the energy field around supermans cells...

lighstaber wont work, this guy regularly flies into the sun...

any force pull or push wont work against a guy whos taken punches from black adam, shazam, wonder woman and bizarro...

The sun doesn't count. The only reason he can fly into the sun is that he absorbs its energy. The same amount of radiation in a non-solar energy form would toast him...

Illustrious
I mean that a lightsaber has ample power to pierce Supermans flesh and injure and kill him...

Substantiate.

pr1983

i sincerely doubt it... if launched out of a canon maybe... or if someone like lobo was weilding it...

The sun doesn't count. The only reason he can fly into the sun is that he absorbs its energy. The same amount of radiation in a non-solar energy form would toast him...

so lightsabers give off radiation powerful enough to hurt him?

Creshosk
Lightsabers have problems cutting through forcefeilds, and that's what superman's invulnerability is . . .

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by pr1983
i sincerely doubt it... if launched out of a canon maybe... or if someone like lobo was weilding it...

so lightsabers give off radiation powerful enough to hurt him?

Yes, radiation hurts Superman. If Wonderwomans tiara can cut him, a lightsaber can...

pr1983
the tiara is magically imbued, like all her equipment... a lightsaber is not...

if lightsabers gave off the amount of radiation that could hurt superman a jedi would die in minutes...

Creshosk
Yes, radiation hurts Superman. If Wonderwomans tiara can cut him, a lightsaber can... I'm not sure how you compare the two. Again, Superman's invulnerability is in the form of a forcefeild around each of his cells, Ligtsaber's have problems with forcefeilds. . .

Decay
but if the forcefields are useless to magic...and the force is a type of magic...

pr1983
the force, even if it is magic, is a weak magic...

and its not like any punk with some tricks can beat him, it has to be powerful magic...

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Creshosk
I'm not sure how you compare the two. Again, Superman's invulnerability is in the form of a forcefeild around each of his cells, Ligtsaber's have problems with forcefeilds. . .

Wait, what? Can you please show me where it says that lightsabers have a specific weakness to forcefields?

And a lot of good the "forcefield" has done Superman over the years. That was simply something that the writers put in recently to give some explanation of how he is so powerful.

Decay
in ep 1 when the forcefields stopped qui gon, obi wan and maul from fighting.

DarkCrawler
Wait, what? Can you please show me where it says that lightsabers have a specific weakness to forcefields?

Maybe the fact thet they run like pussies every time the droidekas arrive?

Superman will win in less in a second.

Don't be an fanboy.

Creshosk
Wait, what? Can you please show me where it says that lightsabers have a specific weakness to forcefields? How about you show me a time when a lightsaber cut through a forcefeild?

They can't cut through each other, or the staves from e3. . .

Going off of EU information:

Using "frozen laser" technology, a blade of pure energy is created. The beam can cut through almost anything solid, except another lightsaber blade, the material cortosis, force fields, an alloy used in Magna Guards' electrostaves called phrik, superconductors, and Yuuzhan Vong amphistaffs, serpent-like creatures used as melee weapons that, when snapped rigid, generate their own force fields. Mandalorian iron is also known to resist the effects of a lightsaber.

Decay
i think they run from destroyers becuase destroyers forcefields prevent blaster shots being directed at them and they fire too rapidly to get close to use a saber directly.

EsteemedLeader
in ep 1 when the forcefields stopped qui gon, obi wan and maul from fighting.

That makes no sense.

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Maybe the fact thet they run like pussies every time the droidekas arrive?

Superman will win in less in a second.

Don't be an fanboy.

They didn't run like pussies, you're blowing things out of proportion. And Vader also has a force field, he used it in Empire Strikes Back.

i think they run from destroyers becuase destroyers forcefields prevent blaster shots being directed at them and they fire too rapidly to get close to use a saber directly.

At least someone here besides me is thinking openly.

Decay
in ep one it shows qui con obi wan and maul seperated by forcefields, maul even takes an unsuccessful swipe at the one in from of him. going by the movies being 100% cannon, force fields have the ability to stop a light saber.

DarkCrawler
EsteemedLeader, can you please tell me HOW Vader will beat Superman before he rips his head off?

EsteemedLeader
in ep one it shows qui con obi wan and maul seperated by forcefields, maul even takes an unsuccessful swipe at the one in from of him. going by the movies being 100% cannon, force fields have the ability to stop a light saber.

Now let's think of that forcefield, versus Supermans biomatrix, and the answer should be obvious. Those large forcefields were constantly generating power, constantly re-energizing. When hit, power immediately begins filling in the power void.

Supermans biomatrix is skin-tight. If it gets cut, he gets cut.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
EsteemedLeader, can you please tell me HOW Vader will beat Superman before he rips his head off?

No speed-blitzing.

Decay
there were fairly massive devices generating those forcefields, which is why i said they have the ability, not that they always stop them. i think superman would be resistant to a saber, but not invunerable. but with the speed of superman i dont think its pracitcal so spend time cutting him, if he is indeed vunerable to the force.

EsteemedLeader
I believe Supermans speed is overestimated. I always thought that the best representation of Superman was when he was just slightly faster than a bullet, and could only maintain his superspeed for short intervals when not in flight. Of course, demand has caused him to be greatly increased to the point in which he can fly to the moon near instantly, which in retrospect destroys continuity since he would literally annihilate many villains instantly, yet he has difficulty with them.

Orestes
Oh dear God ... this thread is still going? Look: jedi are -- and always have been -- barely above the Star Wars equivalent of street-level (example: Jango Fett). They're EXTREMELY low-level metahumans ... and that's IT. In fact, they're given real competition by street-levelers and have even been killed by them (Komari Vosa and some unnamed jedi, both by Jango Fett, just to name two).

Sure, Vader was more powerful than your average jedi, but that just made him an unusually powerful extremely low-level metahuman. And you want to compare him to a guy who travels around in space without a starship and CAN HANG OUT IN THE SUN?

Right. In the spirit of Darth Vader vs. Superman, I think I want to do a similarly reasonable battle: Boba Fett vs. Martian Manhunter. I'll be arguing for Boba Fett because if freaking Darth Vader can handle Superman, then I figure Fett (the EU version, anyway) has a real shot at Manhunter.

But why stop there? We can get sillier still! What about Steve Urkel vs. The Beyonder??

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Orestes
But why stop there? We can get sillier still! What about Steve Urkel vs. The Beyonder??

Urkel would totally take Beyonder. He'd use his ultimate maneuver!

Urkel: HAVE SOME CHEESE!

*Throws cheese at Beyonder*
*Beyonder blows up and dies*

Creshosk
Now let's think of that forcefield, versus Supermans biomatrix, and the answer should be obvious. Those large forcefields were constantly generating power, constantly re-energizing. When hit, power immediately begins filling in the power void. As does Superman's.

Supermans biomatrix is skin-tight. If it gets cut, he gets cut. Seeing as how his won't get cut, not a problem.

No speed-blitzing. Why not?

there were fairly massive devices generating those forcefields, Like lightsabers themselves or those staves from e3?

JoeMans73
Superman can fly Vader Can't also superman's cold breath can probably put the light saber out.However if a Lightsaber is constructed using kryptinite,which we don't know if it is or not would weaken superman than kill him..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.