Indigo Prophecy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Great Vengeance
Get it for xbox it owns.

Red Superfly
It's called Fahrenheit over here. That was the original name for the game but because in America, the name "Fahrenheit" is politcally sensitive these days, they changed it to avoid confusion.

I'd recommend it after playing the demo. It only looks like a rental though.

DarkDethbringer
it wa svery fun!!! I love dthis game!!! I fuinally beat it, it rocked! And I got the main character and his girlfreind back together

powerfulone1987
This is game is out already?

What console(s) is it for?

DarkDethbringer
Xbox Computer and PS2

powerfulone1987
Well, I'll be sure to get this tomorrow, or later today since it is 3:31am.

shockimebones
I played most of it. liked it a lot. not a classic, but still great fun.

powerfulone1987
I don't think i'll be getting the game now.

Darth_Veav
Anyone got this game? This game is well detailed and scary. You need very fast reflexes to pass levels and make right decisions.

TwisterGameX
Never heard of this...what is it and what system ?

Morridini
I believe he is talking about Fahrenheit. The game has different names for different countries. I am getting it tomorrow and will give my opinion after playing.

DarkC
It's really cool; there's this one part where the woman has to go into the darknened basement and you have to control her from hyperventilating with the controls(she's claustrophobic).

Stefan Kojic
I love it. Scary sexy action! A true movie experience!

Victor Von Doom
I finished it the other day.

Controls are awful. Game isn't bad though, but nothing amazing.

powerfulone1987
I was going to get this game, but not any longer.

Morridini
Got the game, not so great gameplay, but the story is great. One of the best games out there (unless u get the American censored and cut down version, called Indigo Prophecy).

powerfulone1987
Well, I bought the game today after playing a demo. Well actually since it's now 1:23am, I technically got the game yesterday but anyway.
I don't know why I changed my mind and decided not to get this game, b/c I really like it. My kind of game. Well it was until we had a quick second of an power outage while i was playing for who knows what reason. It's not lightening, thundering, raining or anything.

So now it won't play at all since it was cut off when the power went out and I'm pissed, so i'll have to take the long drive tomorrow to return it and get another one.
And I was in the middle of a conversation in the game also and I was really getting into it, well I was already very well into the game, like I said, I really like it.

So I'm mad. I can't wait until I'm home tomorrow with my new disc of the game and it's all over. I should get up early again tomorrow morning and get it over with so i'll have the whole day to play it and not wait and know that I still have to go out and get the game the whole day.

Anybody play this game or are just getting it?

is it comprehensible.....

Phat J
whats it like?

powerfulone1987
maybe b/c of some of the reviews in this thread, I didn't get the game before.

Why are there 2 threads anyway?

..........merge...........

Lana
Merged.

powerfulone1987
It's like a cinematic movie, with lots of cutscenes so far and the game has multiple endings and different choices.

for example. The game can end within the first five minutes of gameplay if you make the wrong choices.

So there's multiple choices to choose from and you control the three main characters for different parts of the story.
The murderer, and the two partner detectives on the murder case.

And it has these action scenes where you use the analog sticks to perform these actions. I haven't experienced any yet, as i just got the game today and was cut short, but it's a good game so far in my opinion.

I should have got it at first like I had planned.

Oh yeah, and you have to keep track of their mental state. You don't want them getting to down and depress or they could commit suicide and stuff. YOu want to keep them at Neutral or as close to it as you can.

For instance, performing the action of drinking a glass of water may raise their mental state level by five points and stuff like that, or something disappointing may drop it five or ten points.

Stuff like that.

Phat J
sounds like an interesting experience, not my type of game though.

powerfulone1987
too bad.

but yeah, going by some of your other posts, I can see how it's definitely not your type of game. I should have realized that without saying.

Phat J
yeah man, wtf is wrong with you? laughing out loud

i used to be into that type of thing, i sort of grew out of it though. id rather build up my character in a game like morrowind or cap some people.

powerfulone1987
yeah, I read in the instruction book and Intro to the game written by the game creator. It took him 2 years to make this game.
"He said even with all the advancements with games, the developers are not using them to their full potential. That you can have a good game with out sacrificing "narrative" and "interaction". That it doesn't have to be all about hacking and slashing and beating up an enemy like most games seem to focus. Everything is about "adventure" now."

Is it comprehensible.....

FeceMan
Originally posted by Red Superfly
It's called Fahrenheit over here. That was the original name for the game but because in America, the name "Fahrenheit" is politcally sensitive these days, they changed it to avoid confusion.

I'd recommend it after playing the demo. It only looks like a rental though.
It IS only a rental. Very short.

Storyline started out strong, got retarded at the end.

What happens if, as the police, you do a really crappy job and have no clues on finding the protagonist (name eludes me at the moment)? I've wondered, but I didn't want to sit through large portions of the game where you CANNOT FAST FORWARD OR OUTRIGHT SKIP THEM.

DarkC
Originally posted by Darth_Veav
Anyone got this game? This game is well detailed and scary. You need very fast reflexes to pass levels and make right decisions.
Played the demo, and ran out of the store without paying the bill. Regretted it.

powerfulone1987
lol.

powerfulone1987
I forgot to mention that I completed this game yesterday.

It was unlike any game I've played and was exactly what I was waiting for in a game.

This is my kind of game. Very Cinematic, with a lot of cutscenes. I didn't think I'd ever play a game like it.

Now for all of those who completed it, is there 2 ending's you can get or jsut one, b/c I got the good ending.

After I finished I went back and went in the "Chapters" menu where you can replay parts of the chapters in the game if you want and make different decisions. Well at the end, the last chapter was the ending, but it was a different ending from the one I got, it was bad. But the ending I got wasn't there, so I was thinking maybe they just had that bad other ending there so we could see another version of the ending that they were going to use but didn't and since the good ending i got wasn't there, they must not have included it since it was the one ending everybody would get and see if they completed it.

But I don't know, so did anybody get the bad ending?

Anyway, very good game and I read in the booklet how the maker of this game apologized to his son for spending so much time away from him making this game for 2 or 3 years and that he would never do it again, but I hope he does because this game was way too short and I want more.

DarkC
I'm installing it for PC right now. happy

The European version, that is. stick out tongue

InnerRise
Let us know how you do in the game and what you think of it.

DarkC
It doesn't work. laughing Guess that's what you get for piratin'.

KingDubya
I remember when I first picked up the game. When I got to the apartment, I learned that you should never mix aspirin and alchohol... stick out tongue

But I loved this game. It has great replay value due to its multiple endings (I've gotten 5 different ones where you actually get to the end), and it has one of the best stories I've seen/heard.

InnerRise
Originally posted by DarkC
It doesn't work. laughing Guess that's what you get for piratin'.
ummmmmmm i don't see what's funny.

Originally posted by KingDubya
I remember when I first picked up the game. When I got to the apartment, I learned that you should never mix aspirin and alchohol... stick out tongue

But I loved this game. It has great replay value due to its multiple endings (I've gotten 5 different ones where you actually get to the end), and it has one of the best stories I've seen/heard.
5 different endings?

Are you sure?

KingDubya
I'm pretty sure... Not all of them were happy, but I got a few. It might've been 3, now that I think about it...

Morridini
There are only three different endings. And u only have to do the lats lvl over again to get a different ending.

As for the game itself I loved the plot and gameplay, however as the plot evolved and turned all Aliens and science fiction I actually got a bit disappointed. I hope the "sequel" they make will be more realistic, maybe some voodoo or something, but no more flying around matrix style and fighting robots.

InnerRise
Are you sure there's a sequel?

KingDubya
Originally posted by Morridini
There are only three different endings. And u only have to do the lats lvl over again to get a different ending.

As for the game itself I loved the plot and gameplay, however as the plot evolved and turned all Aliens and science fiction I actually got a bit disappointed. I hope the "sequel" they make will be more realistic, maybe some voodoo or something, but no more flying around matrix style and fighting robots.
1) With his enhanced strength, agility, and reflexes due to the ritual, any fight that Lucas would participate in would seem Matrix-style, just because he sees the world and what happens in it at a different speed than everyone else.

2) When were there robots? Are you talking about the Purple Clan (AI that was disguised as Agatha near the end)?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.