Does this look like a coward to you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Veav

Fishy
Yes actually...

And far more importantly, all the Jedi on that list with the exception of Obi Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker sem like bastards that deserved what they got. And shouldn't have been called Jedi in the first place.

Darth_Veav
Originally posted by Fishy
Yes actually...

And far more importantly, all the Jedi on that list with the exception of Obi Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker sem like bastards that deserved what they got. And shouldn't have been called Jedi in the first place.

So Ki-Adi, Shaak Ti, and Aalya does not the rights to be called "Jedi"? They are Jedi masters, in those list CONTAINS Padawans-to-Masters

Fishy
If you are killed by somebody like GG then you are a weakling and a fool and you don't know how to use the force. Nobody should lose from a freaking droid wielding lightsabers. Especially not a droid like that, yet so many have... Fools all of them.

Darth_Veav
If you are killed by somebody like GG then you are a weakling and a fool and you don't know how to use the force. Nobody should lose from a freaking droid wielding lightsabers. Especially not a droid like that, yet so many have... Fools all of them.

Weakling and a fool? Dude Grevious is skilled! Able to spin his body 1080 repeatly with dual lightsabers, grab and crush someone's face with a feet, able to duel three-four Jedi's with feets grabbing lightsaber like a monkey, able to spin his hands, able to climb, doesnt use the force and STILL kicked ass, and more to add but im lazy :P

Illustrious
All of those abilities and he still gets his ass kicked by Obi-Wan.

Darth_Veav
He got handicapped and screwed by Mace(Force Crush)

pr1983
when did he briefly beat obi wan and anakin? are ray shields an extension of his arse?

Illustrious
Uh, and what evidence do you have of his abilities being in any way diminished because his mechanical carapace was crushed?

The fact that he "looked worse" than he did in the Clone Wars miniseries CARTOON doesn't work here either.

Fishy
Indeed. He wasn't any weaker.

And GG was skilled with a lightsaber but tell me something, could he resist force attacks? Obviously not as Mace crushed his chest, and Obi Wan pushed him away.

Who cares that he can handle a lightsaber it shouldn't have mattered. GG should have been defeated using the force. All those Jedi he killed were weak fools that wouldn't survive a fight with a real Jedi. Let alone stand a Dark Jedi. They had it coming.

Ushgarak
This was all basically the fault of the cartoon- in turn the fault of the paucity of help they received about inserting the character- for making out that GG was so good he could fight five Jedi at once. Which was clearly not what they ended up having in mind on the film..

Hence this big contrast between Uberkiller Griveous and... well, just Grievous has developed.

Mind you, Obi-Wan is DAMN good, don't forget that.

Fishy
Originally posted by Ushgarak
This was all basically the fault of the cartoon- in turn the fault of the paucity of help they received about inserting the character- for making out that GG was so good he could fight five Jedi at once. Which was clearly not what they ended up having in mind on the film..

Hence this big contrast between Uberkiller Griveous and... well, just Grievous has developed.

Mind you, Obi-Wan is DAMN good, don't forget that.

I wouldn't say damn good, he's better then most of his time... But damn good?

overlord
Hmm.. Obi Wan did strike me as stronger and better skilled than most of the council though.

And to respond to the topic of this thread, Grievous didn't really impress me in the movie, he was easily defeated by Obi.
Still, there is one thing that bothered me.. When he went out for a walk in the vacuum of space his organs had completely no trouble at all with it! The Star Wars movies sometimes leave an impression as though space isn't that dangerous although it really is.
Just like when Han solo and leia went for a walk in an asteroid wich was actually a giant worm.. Still they had no trouble breathing! Or did I miss something?

Sir Mist
Originally posted by overlord
Just like when Han solo and leia went for a walk in an asteroid wich was actually a giant worm.. Still they had no trouble breathing! Or did I miss something?

Yeah, I think you missed the big fat air masks they were wearing...

Sesse
What was that worm supposed to eat out there? At least it had huge fangs for a creature from outer space with nothing to eat.

Tengu Man
laughing out loud go figure man, i aint got a clue

overlord
But there was no space vacuum in that creature? And they didn't wonder why?

Or is that non existent in the star wars universe?

exanda kane
Grevious became a weakling once they put him on a lunchbox...

Darth Koroni
Revenge was horrible. From the CG effects to the dialog, it was as if George Lucas finally burnt out. And please don't ask me for a list of these things, you should have noticed them already.

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Sesse
What was that worm supposed to eat out there? At least it had huge fangs for a creature from outer space with nothing to eat.

This is a very good question.

Ushgarak
Can we stay on topic please?

Sir Mist
Originally posted by Sesse

Or how it could breathe in a vacuum, or how the mynocks could survive inside it......etc etc...

Or you could just watch the movies and enjoy them and leave these sorts of questions alone, because Star Wars is fiction and not everything has to be relevant/make sense...

As for Grievous...why cant the cartoon and EU stuff be kept seperate from the movie?erm
Its a cartoon, they could have him flying around wearing a kilt killing off a thousand Jedi at once....the movie is meant to be more realistic with him wanting to survive when the odds are against him...

overlord
Originally posted by Sir Mist
Or how it could breathe in a vacuum, or how the mynocks could survive inside it......etc etc...

Or you could just watch the movies and enjoy them and leave these sorts of questions alone, because Star Wars is fiction and not everything has to be relevant/make sense...

As for Grievous...why cant the cartoon and EU stuff be kept seperate from the movie?erm
Its a cartoon, they could have him flying around wearing a kilt killing off a thousand Jedi at once....the movie is meant to be more realistic with him wanting to survive when the odds are against him...

You should say that in the versus forum, "doesn't have to be relevant"...
As for me, I don't 'really' care about the weird stuff and I don't think the other guys do, I just thought about mentioning it on a SW forum. What else to do here than expressing opinion and taking it all just a little bit too serious. But we aren't laying awake thinking about it every night or something.

As for Grievous, I don't care about the cartoon, in the movie you see him walking on a space ship in the vacuum of space without his organ(s) exploding.

Zachara
I have to agree that GG was worked up more in the cartoons even though the first half on ROTS was Lucas going "LOOK WHaT I cAn dO! LOOK WHaT I cAn dO! WEEE !" the GG in the movies wasn't even close in skill to the cartoons.
And yes, he is a coward. I agree with pretty much everything Fishy said.

As for the space slug. Yay, for uncorrupted version of Star Wars encyclopedia!

"(.......) The slugs are hardy, existing in virtually no atmosphere. silicon-based life-forms, they live for long periods by breaking down the rock and subsisting on mineral content. Space slugs are plagued by parasites known as mynocks, which they sometimes also feed on. (......) The creatures reproduce through fission, splitting into two separate beings."

That doesn't explain the space vaccum though... bah, oh well. It's entertainement. Sometimes you have to shut off your scientifique part of the mind and enjoy the movie or the read.

Darth Avis
This is probably bull but still. GG fought jedi 2 or more at a time so maybe that is what he was made to do. And Obi is pretty good as well so that adds also.

Lord Simus
So what people are saying here is Grievous can only beat people who don't deserve to beat Jedi? That is complete bull. In LOE Dooku states that only Mace Windu, Yoda, Ob-Wan, and Cin Drallig can defeat him. That would also mean he can defeat the likes of Plo Koon and Kit Fisto and correct me if I am wrong but those people can sure as hell be called Jedi can't they?

Tangible God
Originally posted by Sir Mist
Yeah, I think you missed the big fat air masks they were wearing... What got me wasn't the breathing...it was the fact that there seemed to be a perfect amount of gravity in that worm, in that asteroid, in space.

Darth Avis
in my as$. Yep the HOLE movie was shot in my 50 foot long as$.

Tangible God
That's nothing, the LOTR trilogy was filmed in Carmen Electra's 278 foot long esophogus.

Darth Avis
damb that is way i wasnt in the G book of world records

Tangible God
That's still nothing. The Brady Bunch was filmed in a 24 mile long tunnel of shit.

Darth Avis
come on that is it my ass needs plastic surgery. to the potato chips

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Darth Avis
This is probably bull but still. GG fought jedi 2 or more at a time so maybe that is what he was made to do. And Obi is pretty good as well so that adds also. anyone??

Fishy
Originally posted by Lord Simus
So what people are saying here is Grievous can only beat people who don't deserve to beat Jedi? That is complete bull. In LOE Dooku states that only Mace Windu, Yoda, Ob-Wan, and Cin Drallig can defeat him. That would also mean he can defeat the likes of Plo Koon and Kit Fisto and correct me if I am wrong but those people can sure as hell be called Jedi can't they?

If they would lose from GG... Then no... I mean losing a lightsaber fight, okay I can live with that.. but losing? What kind of idiot are you, you have the force. Push the bastard away and run... everybody that gets killed by GG is a fool. People that can't kill him I can accept, because the stupid Jedi Code is in the way. But people that are killed by him? They are fools and deserved what they got.

Darth Avis
a push can be dodged and GG is good at that.

Fishy
A push can be dodged? How its not like it takes time to reach you. Besides he didn't dodge Obi Wan his push

Se7in
Greivoue was not that great of a duelist. He was mediocre at best. If anyone paid attention to the CW, Dooku stated that Grievous would NEED fear, anxiety, and suprise on his side to beat most Jedi. The only reason he was able to win as many fights as he did is because of exactly those things. Notice how Grievous was able to handle five Jedi at the same time for a short time after he engaged them. But after Ki-Adi was given time to fight him, he wasn't scared any more and he was able to hold him off alone. Hell, Grievous ran off while Ki-Adi was begging to pursue him. And even with those advantages he still couldn't handle some of the upper-tier duelists, like Cin, Mace, Yoda, or even Obi.

Darth Avis
it takes a moment to do it. GG sees this and jumps. When did obi push him? i forgot embarrasment

Fishy
In rots...

And no a psuh doesn't take a moment.. It never in any movies has. Besides any half assed youngling would change the direction he's pushing in.

Se7in
Obi-Wan, after slicing off two of Grievous' four hands, pushed him after the Clones arrive.

Darth Avis
when in ROTS? and i mean when the jedi move there hands

Fishy
When he's fighting GG.. He pushes him away. And a move of a hand? GG is fast then, makes me wonder why he didn't in RoTS. Also why wouldn't the Jedi ust adjust what they are aiming at? I mean it shoudln't be that hard.

Darth Avis
yea well the jedi are scared...... scared basterds

Sorgo
Originally posted by Darth_Veav
Sifo-Dyas%uFFFDa gift from Dooku
Jmmaar%uFFFDkilled by Grievous
K'Kruhk%uFFFDdefeated by Grievous
Puroth%uFFFDkilled by Grievous
Nystammall%uFFFDkilled by Grievous
Shaak Ti%uFFFDdefeated by Grievous twice
Aayla Secura%uFFFDdefeated by Grievous
Anakin Skywalker (briefly)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (briefly)
Daakman Barrek%uFFFDkilled by Grievous
Soon Baytes%uFFFDkilled by Grievous
Roron Corobb%uFFFDkilled by Grievous
T'chooka D'oon%uFFFDkilled by Grievous
Adi Gallia%uFFFDkilled by Grievous
Sha'a Gi%uFFFDkilled by Grievous
Foul Moudama%uFFFDkilled by Grievous
Tarr Seirr%uFFFDkilled by Grievous
Ki-Adi-Mundi%uFFFDdefeated by Grievous
Even Piell%uFFFDkilled by Grievous
B'dard Tone%uFFFDkilled by Grievous
Flynn Kybo%uFFFDkilled by Grievous
http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/thumb/e/e8/300px-Ep3_ia_91452.jpg

Yes, he is a coward. He could kill and defeat most of the Jedi with positively horrid saber skills, but when it came to screwing around with the real Swordsman of the SWU, he got his shit all ripped up all too fast, my friend.

Captain REX
Indeed. Had he come face to face with Yoda, Windu, Drallig, Fisto, or Kenobi (which he did), he would be toast. Yoda and Windu come from common sense, Kenobi kicked his ass, and Drallig and Fisto were mentioned in books as being threats to Grievous.

Darth Avis
not kit

Tangible God
yeah, I just can't see Fisto being much of a threat if he died like he did.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Tangible God

Hey, he lasted longer than the other two! smile

Darth Avis

Tangible God
Yeah, for like two seconds.

Sorgo
Yeah, for like two seconds.

It was like five or six seconds.

InsaneNoodlyGuy
Originally posted by Illustrious
Uh, and what evidence do you have of his abilities being in any way diminished because his mechanical carapace was crushed?

The fact that he "looked worse" than he did in the Clone Wars miniseries CARTOON doesn't work here either.

Because he had his guts in there? If your guts were crusted, you don't think that'd have an effect on you?

And the fact he was still coughing thougth the movie does suggest damage, yes.

To the other question... His suit was desigined to seal itself up against vaccum. That's why he could survive.

Grevous was not a coward. He was smart. He knew when he had no chance to win a fight, and acted accordingly. And since Windu turned him into a cripple, he had to run a lot more.

Sorgo
Originally posted by InsaneNoodlyGuy
Because he had his guts in there? If your guts were crusted, you don't think that'd have an effect on you?

And the fact he was still coughing thougth the movie does suggest damage, yes.

To the other question... His suit was desigined to seal itself up against vaccum. That's why he could survive.

Grevous was not a coward. He was smart. He knew when he had no chance to win a fight, and acted accordingly. And since Windu turned him into a cripple, he had to run a lot more.

A cripple? The same cripple that can walk on walls, whip around four Lightsabers and kick the shit out of a Jedi Master? Please. He ran way too much. He is such a coward. He always runs. He ran from Mace, from Anakin and Kenobi, from Kenobi AGAIN. Like holy shit. If you're so good, why run?

Captain REX

Grievous considered him a threat, from what I've read. Fisto may not have been a threat to Sidious, but I think that's probably entirely different...

FistOfThe North
Personally, I think Gen. G. kicked Obi Wan's arse. Obi Wan just got lucky as always. Obi Wan always almost loses. Had this fight been on land, Gen. G would've ripped Obi Wan a new one just like D. Maul would've ripped Obi Wan new one.

And thats on top of the fact that "Jedi Master" Obi Wan, a member of the elite high Jedi council, had to stoop as low as to grab a gun and shoot Gen. G. From my point, given Obi Wan's status, it was cheap and coward-like of Obi Wan to do so. Even he himself stated how "uncivilized" it was to use one. Maybe he couldn't really beat Gen. G in a one on one and knew it. Obi Wan could've just force jumped back on to the platform like he's done numerous times, including with Darth Maul, which was a more challenging force jump.

So if Jedi Master Obi Wan of the High Council had a problem with Gen. G. given that Obi Wan was a "great" Jedi, then i wouldn't put it past Gen. G. ability to rip new ones on Jedi knights and other Masters like Ki Adi Mundi for ex. (Which he had scared ****less). As someone said earlier, Mace crippled him, making him less agile so he's not gonna be as effective as he was in the 'toon series. Let someone crush your chest, see if you'll fight just as effective. lol you'd probably die.

Obi Wan used a gun why? Does this look like a coward to you?

DenKi
totaly agree, GG was finding it hard to even walk without holding his chest and coughing, it must of really tryed againts Obiwan even in his very bad state.

Fishy
Are you kidding me? Obi Wan owned GG during the entire fight, then GG started running and thats when he gained something out of it all. Its incredibly stupid to say GG has a chance in a fair fight against Obi Wan seeing as Obi Wan owned him.

overlord
Originally posted by Zachara
The creatures reproduce through fission, splitting into two separate beings."

What the hell?? He can reproduce through fission?? Such a giant beast?? That's the biggest science fiction in all of SW, I think!! eek!

What got me wasn't the breathing...it was the fact that there seemed to be a perfect amount of gravity in that worm, in that asteroid, in space.

Yes, that is kind of weird too! Star Wars has never experimented with other gravity levels.. Yes, in the OT it would probably have been difficult to have Solo and Leia kind of floating but in the PT they could have had some funny scenes with it!

About the Grievous thing, is it true that Grievous defeated Shaggy the jedi?

Tangible God
Yeah, for like two seconds. He still sucked ass though didn't he?

FistOfThe North
Are you kidding me? Obi Wan owned GG during the entire fight, then GG started running and thats when he gained something out of it all. Its incredibly stupid to say GG has a chance in a fair fight against Obi Wan seeing as Obi Wan owned him.

Are you telling me Obi Wan was kicking Gen G.'s arse on the platform..?

Are you kidding me?? lol..

Gen G. was flinging Obi Wan around like a rag doll on that platform. Sure Obi, for some reason, is a better saber duelist. But in other forms of combat like, say for instance meele/, Obi dies.

In my opinion Obi Wan is good, but he i'snt great. He always comes out scraped the hell up, padawan style. I dont know how he made the council. Maybe by luck, just like his wins.

Sorgo
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Are you telling me Obi Wan was kicking Gen G.'s arse on the platform..?

Are you kidding me?? lol..

Gen G. was flinging Obi Wan around like a rag doll on that platform. Sure Obi, for some reason, is a better saber duelist. But in other forms of combat like, say for instance meele/, Obi dies.

In my opinion Obi Wan is good, but he i'snt great. He always comes out scraped the hell up, padawan style. I dont know how he made the council. Maybe by luck, just like his wins.

Hmm...Let's see here.... Obi Wan cuts a couple of Grievous' hands off (Ownage right there.) and then Grievous starts throwing him around, but his unable to kill him, because Kenobi dodges a large percentage of his shots. Grievous is about to come over to smash Kenobi with an Electrostaff. Kenobi thinks smart and uses the Force to grab a blaster and shoots a perfect shot at Grievous' heart, killing his ass and winning the fight.

Tangible God
Yeah, you really can't diss Obi in comparison to GG.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Sorgo
Hmm...Let's see here.... Obi Wan cuts a couple of Grievous' hands off (Ownage right there.) and then Grievous starts throwing him around, but his unable to kill him, because Kenobi dodges a large percentage of his shots. Grievous is about to come over to smash Kenobi with an Electrostaff. Kenobi thinks smart and uses the Force to grab a blaster and shoots a perfect shot at Grievous' heart, killing his ass and winning the fight.

So just because you had gets cut off you're "owned"?

Surely you realize by watching the films that there were 2 legends whom had there hands cut off and came back only to truly own, so you're wrong there.

And, a Jedi with a gun? How noble is that? As noble as Obi Wan seems? Where has his Jedi training gone? He beat Gen. G. by stooping lowly.

Qui Gon would've been dissapointed. He lost his saber and everything.

Sorgo
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
So just because you had gets cut off you're "owned"?

Surely you realize by watching the films that there were 2 legends whom had there hands cut off and came back only to truly own, so you're wrong there.

And, a Jedi with a gun? How noble is that? As noble as Obi Wan seems? Where has his Jedi training gone? He beat Gen. G. by stooping lowly.

Qui Gon would've been dissapointed. He lost his saber and everything.

That's life. Kenobi wouldn't sit there and let Grievous shove a lightsaber up his rectum to hold respect for the Jedi Code. C'mon now!

There was also two that got their hands cut off and got owned. If Grievous was a Kaleesh, like back in his old days, he would have lost that fight horribly. I didn't see Grievous chopping Obi's hands off, either.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Sorgo
That's life. Kenobi wouldn't sit there and let Grievous shove a lightsaber up his rectum to hold respect for the Jedi Code. C'mon now!

There was also two that got their hands cut off and got owned. If Grievous was a Kaleesh, like back in his old days, he would have lost that fight horribly. I didn't see Grievous chopping Obi's hands off, either. Very true.

Tru_Slice
I think the jedi would've let Obi-Wan do whatever. They did say that it could end the war..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.