Girls Want Sex, Boys Want Love?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
I read a study of teenagers which found that quite a few resisted the conventional gender stereotype that teenage boys are far more interested in sex than teenage girls, (boys want sex) and that teenage girls want commitment while teenage boys don't (girls want love).

So what gender and (if you want) what age are you? Did you conform to the above gender stereotypes when you were a teenager and do you today? And if you had to choose between either sex and love, which would you choose?

Fishy
I'm a guy. And actually at this time I would rather want love then sex...

Sir Mist
Im a guy, and I'd probably start with finding a girl first..

Whirlysplatt
I have love but I like sex - I'm a guy

debbiejo
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I read a study of teenagers which found that quite a few resisted the conventional gender stereotype that teenage boys are far more interested in sex than teenage girls, (boys want sex) and that teenage girls want commitment while teenage boys don't (girls want love).

So what gender are you? Did you conform to the above gender stereotypes when you were a teenager or even today? And if you had to choose between sex and love, which would you choose?

Well I'm a Michigan gal...And I was the stereotypical girl...Looked for love...

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well I'm a Michigan gal...And I was the stereotypical girl...Looked for love...

but you like sex right wink

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well I'm a Michigan gal...And I was the stereotypical girl...Looked for love... What sets Michigan gals apart from other gals lol?

And there are two parts to the question (though I didn't make it entirely clear). Did you conform to stereotype as a teenager and do you now?

Whirlysplatt
What sets Michigan gals apart from other gals lol?

And there are two parts to the question (though I didn't make it entirely clear). Did you conform to stereotype as a teenager and do you now?

I think teens want sex and love also, Although I would cheat and was cheated on as a teen. I would not cheat now and I do not believe I would be cheated on at present.

Fishy
Answer to the second question, no and no. I want sex but not without love. I could handle love without sex for some time.. Thats apparantly not the image that most people have of teenage boys, so no I don't conform to that.

debbiejo
What sets Michigan gals apart from other gals lol?

For your first question..., Michigan gals are even more special..LOL

Hmmmmm...do I now?.....Probably more balanced on both sides, if that makes sense....Mabe the love of sex...HAHAHAHAHAHA

fini
hmmm, i'm in my 20's, and for the first time in a long while, I want love instead of sex( well one just barely beats the other).

Thats a first in many many years.

xmarksthespot
I s'pose I should answer my own questions.
Guy. 20. When I was a bit younger sex was more important than love. But yeh like fini I think if I weigh the two up right now love might slightly outweigh sex... just slightly. As for the last question, life with either one or the other? I don't think I could live a life without both... but I'm exempt from choosing because I started the thread. stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
Im a girl and im more interested in sex than commitment.

xmarksthespot
And if you had to choose a life with either one or the other?

lil bitchiness
That would never happen for me. Life is about middle path, gray area, not dichotomy.

Tha C-Master
Male, young adult, love.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Male, young adult, love. Did you conform to the gender stereotypes as a teenager?

soleran30
male 30 ..........sex is more important .........love costs to much yes

Tha C-Master
Hmmmm, yes and no.

I actually had an aversion to those sterotypes, and thought most of them were "taught" rather than "natural".

I disliked dating younger girls for that reason, because they were interested in how I "look", I am a man of conversation, and believe in investing time and commitment.

Needless to say I've dated older girls ever since. smile

Capt_Fantastic
Male, 26,

When I was a teenager and in my earlier 20's, it was really all about teh end result...which was sex. But, in the last few years, I've discoverd that both can co-exist.

soleran30
Yeah know C-Master I thought dating older women would be cool when I was younger but then I realized they are just as much a pain as the young girls.........

xmarksthespot
Come to think of it I've only dated older girls... but only by months not by years.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by soleran30
Yeah know C-Master I thought dating older women would be cool when I was younger but then I realized they are just as much a pain as the young girls......... My current gf is 3 years older than me.

If they are in there early twenties thats cool, I'm talking about 15 and 16 year olds, I hated those days...

Come to think of it I've only dated older girls... but only by months not by years. Thats because you are mentally mature. wink

soleran30
yeah 15-16 are the suck but hit college and I am all over you! Gotta love a city filled with college girls.......I only do it because they NEED my help ..........lol like a bus driver I take them all to school lol

xmarksthespot
Thats because you are mentally mature. wink Nice that you assume that rather than the girls I date being mentally retarded. laughing out loud

xmarksthespot
yeah 15-16 are the suck but hit college and I am all over you! Gotta love a city filled with college girls.......I only do it because they NEED my help ..........lol like a bus driver I take them all to school lol 15-16? Dude... aren't you like 30?

Tha C-Master
yeah 15-16 are the suck but hit college and I am all over you! Gotta love a city filled with college girls.......I only do it because they NEED my help ..........lol like a bus driver I take them all to school lol Damn where do you live?

Nice that you assume that rather than the girls I date being mentally retarded. laughing out loud Only one thing matters: are they hot? rolling on floor laughing

xmarksthespot
Hot and Asian big grin. pr would droolio - he has like an Asiangirlphilia laughing out loud

soleran30
My point X was that in that time of my life 15-16 sucked I appreciate that now I would NEVER go out with someone that young.....However at 18 and a freshman in college they NEED my help with life situations lol....

C-man Springfield, MO on HUGE college town

DarkC
Love's more important.

yahman
I don't anyone really has a concept of how powerful love is untill they are out of it sad

Heart break is a lot worse than sexual frustration. Although they both suck !!!!!

FeceMan
Love is the better choice, of course. Sexual gratification is only temporary.

Tha C-Master
Hot and Asian big grin. pr would droolio - he has like an Asiangirlphilia laughing out loud

Yes he does.

My point X was that in that time of my life 15-16 sucked I appreciate that now I would NEVER go out with someone that young.....However at 18 and a freshman in college they NEED my help with life situations lol....

C-man Springfield, MO on HUGE college town Oh ok.

Originally posted by yahman
I don't anyone really has a concept of how powerful love is untill they are out of it sad

Heart break is a lot worse than sexual frustration. Although they both suck !!!!! Agree 100%

GuitarBunny
Female-Teen-Sex......Love too. Which ever. I'm not too picky. confused

soleran30
Originally posted by GuitarBunny

So much wisdom! So much wisdom

yahman
Originally posted by GuitarBunny

Indeed. smile

Tha C-Master
Indeed. smile You aren't friends with multiquote eh?

Whirlysplatt
You aren't friends with multiquote eh?

whose multiquote?

Tha C-Master
He is a friend you get by meeting following conditions, lol.

yahman
He is a friend you get by meeting following conditions, lol.

Once agian C you have lost me confused

Tha C-Master
Once agian C you have lost me confused I was making a satire, you had quoted the same thing in 2 posts.

Just a joke, I was going to suggest cutting and pasting the "quoted by" and "b quote" before and after the post, respectively.

Bardock42
Male, 19

Not looking for a relationship soon.....wouldn't mind sex though...but also want a love (if there is any) later.....

Darth_Erebus
Well, I have kids older that a lot of you, my oldest daughter is 24. I've been married twice and current have a GF who is in her late 20s and a lot younger than me. Love is a wonderful thing, but it takes work and can be really painful when it ends. Sex, when it is new, is very intense and above almost anything in life. Sex, even for fun with a fleeting partner can be incredible. Put the two together, and this is the best of all worlds. Unfortunately, the intensity never lasts. Most people would answer love but I know a number of people who are in their 40s and 50s who are still looking for true love, and wish they had had the great sex when they had the chance. many look back on short encounters with fond memories. I'm in my 40s, and I just can't answer this. oh, btw, I'm male.

pr1983

So what gender and (if you want) what age are you? Did you conform to the above gender stereotypes when you were a teenager and do you today? And if you had to choose between either sex and love, which would you choose?

When i was in my mid teens all i lived for was the weekend and getting laid...

im 22 now... and i know how much more rewarding love can be... i was the stereotype, not anymore...

AdventChild
so what's the answer..Who wants sex more and who wants love more..?

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by AdventChild
so what's the answer..Who wants sex more and who wants love more..? What do you feel?

yahman
Originally posted by AdventChild
so what's the answer..Who wants sex more and who wants love more..?

If you look anything like your Sig ..... well I'm sure you can guess.

Tha C-Master
Help me out yah!!!

I don't get it... sad

Snoopbert
Male, 15, prefer love vastly over meaningless sex, though if Carmella Decesare bent over and was naked I wouldn't say no.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Snoopbert
Male, 15, prefer love vastly over meaningless sex, though if Carmella Decesare bent over and was naked I wouldn't say no. Haha, yeah...

I saw her on that silly reality show, looks a bit more.... "superficial" than now.

La Vierge
YEAH WE WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladyluck
I'm a girl (in case you havn't guessed) and I'm definitely looking for love but it's not my top priority at this point in my life. So for now, sex. thumb up

leana marie
i just want love... im a girl

xmarksthespot
The majority of the girls have said sex, while the majority of the guys have said love. Interesting.

Imaginary
Not picky, I guess. Female-Teenager.

GuitarBunny
So much wisdom! So much wisdom i hope you mean that in a good way confused

Alpha Centauri
The majority of the girls have said sex, while the majority of the guys have said love. Interesting.

I'm willing to bet that if half the girls who claim they just want sex, found out that a guy they slept with was sleeping with another girl casually, they'd be out saying guys suck.

-AC

Kosta
Generalisations and stereotypes are brought about because of uneducated people's prejudice. Everyone goes through puberty and everyone wants sex, and EVERYONE, even if they don't realise it, or deny it, wants to be loved. As for the question, I'd want both, not going to chose one over the other. Love is great, and sex is an instrument of expressing your love. One without the other is like a ship without a hull, its not going to stay afloat.

GuitarBunny
Originally posted by Kosta
Generalisations and stereotypes are brought about because of uneducated people's prejudice. Everyone goes through puberty and everyone wants sex, and EVERYONE, even if they don't realise it, or deny it, wants to be loved. As for the question, I'd want both, not going to chose one over the other. Love is great, and sex is an instrument of expressing your love. One without the other is like a ship without a hull, its not going to stay afloat. I love this post yes you read my mind like a book Kosta big grin

long pig
I always was looking for love, but I'd take sex when I could get it.

dragoony
i am 18 male i have been looking for love since i was 13 and i found it a year ago but i am kinda weird as it is

farnaza
hey love n sex ... i need both!

PunisherFan33
thats ass backwards i was always taught it was the other way around

Clovie

So what gender and (if you want) what age are you? Did you conform to the above gender stereotypes when you were a teenager and do you today? And if you had to choose between either sex and love, which would you choose? love

Jackie Malfoy
I would say that it is boys who are looking for that and girls want just to be love but is presure.I am not talking about al the time through.I am talking about most of the time.jm

botankus
That "pressure" wouldn't have anything to do with you being grounded, would it?

BadKitty

nope,I didn't fit the stereo type..I'm a female but I don't think it was either love or sex for me,it was more the thrill of the chase.

once there was conquest the sparks sputtered out and I'd move on..but now that I'm older I like being in love..but like kosta said its hard not to have one and not the other. big grin

Snoopbert
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I'm willing to bet that if half the girls who claim they just want sex, found out that a guy they slept with was sleeping with another girl casually, they'd be out saying guys suck.

-AC

Yeah.

Curl_Up&Dye

I'm a girl, 18, and my former boyfriend, now fiance, has finally decided to grow up out of his 'i just want sex' phase. thank god for small favors. But I'm one of the few, the proud, the engaged.

To all the girlfriends out there, I am entirely attributing to my engagement to luck of the draw....oh yeah and the patience of a saint. Most guys never grow out of it.
But if yours doesnt, it's got nothing to do with you, men are just hard wired to mate successfully and as often as possible, because they havent evolved yet.

Is it Aggrivating? Incredibly.
Is there anything we can do about it? Not a damn thing.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

JKozzy
17/m, love. But wouldn't mind the latter stick out tongue

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Fishy
I'm a guy. And actually at this time I would rather want love then sex...

Originally posted by Sir Mist
Im a guy, and I'd probably start with finding a girl first..

I wholeheartedly agree

Snoopbert
Originally posted by Curl_Up&Dye
I'm a girl, 18, and my former boyfriend, now fiance, has finally decided to grow up out of his 'i just want sex' phase. thank god for small favors. But I'm one of the few, the proud, the engaged.

To all the girlfriends out there, I am entirely attributing to my engagement to luck of the draw....oh yeah and the patience of a saint. Most guys never grow out of it.
But if yours doesnt, it's got nothing to do with you, men are just hard wired to mate successfully and as often as possible, because they havent evolved yet.

Is it Aggrivating? Incredibly.
Is there anything we can do about it? Not a damn thing.
roll eyes (sarcastic) And the number of girls saying they just want sex disprove that no expression

cool_dudes_rule

So what gender and (if you want) what age are you? Did you conform to the above gender stereotypes when you were a teenager and do you today? And if you had to choose between either sex and love, which would you choose? i do and i dont agree with you i would expect love then sex.

olchik
I'm a girl, and I think that both are important. But love is of primary importance of course.

black robb

So what gender and (if you want) what age are you? Did you conform to the above gender stereotypes when you were a teenager and do you today? And if you had to choose between either sex and love, which would you choose? I honestly would prefer love because sex is nothing without it

Sir Nauj
I perfer to be loved. Ive never been loved before, Oh well....

Tha C-Master
there there...

DarkAge
My ex who has actually become like my best friend (is that weird?) said that of all her 10 or so boyfriends, I was the only one she never cheated on. It kind of made me feel a bit better about her leaving me. Oh Chelsea, don't you realise what I'd give up to have you...

DarkAge
...Sorry. Got a bit carried away there...

Darth Macabre
18, male, when i was in highschool i only really cared about sex...but ever since coming to college i dunno, i wanna find someone to love.......weird huh?

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I would say that it is boys who are looking for that and girls want just to be love but is presure.I am not talking about al the time through.I am talking about most of the time.jm

Wow, still can't speak from anywhere except your ass...

PVS must be right

xmarksthespot
It could be some special code that only the top 0.0001 percentile of the population understand... or it could just be gibberish.

Capt_Fantastic
It could be some special code that only the top 0.0001 percentile of the population understand... or it could just be gibberish.

Jibberish...trust me.

BartmanX

I want both.

*Sxc_Sarah*
Im a girl, i love fallin in love but sex is good so i go 4 both really im up 4 any fun not all girls want sex as much as love! wink

leonheartmm
loves on top ofcourse, but then again, once u have sex, u cant really stop can u? anyway id still give love the top spot.

danagrint
girl looking for love

Wabot47
I love all women for how they are not for the sex.

vaya_the_elf
blink This thread confuses me

Capt_Fantastic
Look, the point of this thread is to re-enforce the old adage that men want one thing, and women want another. In either case, are either side right. As soon as this world realizes that there are no such thing as absolute stereotypes, it can evolve. But, too bad it won't do so....

I guess the past should never be kicked when it's down.

xmarksthespot
I didn't have the intention of reinforcing the adage with this thread, I was more interested in investigating and challenging the stereotype perceptions of male and female desires. But it hasn't really turned out that way.

Capt_Fantastic
I didn't have the intention of reinforcing the adage with this thread, I was more interested in investigating and challenging the stereotype perceptions of male and female desires. But it hasn't really turned out that way.

Don't misunderstand....

I don't blame the person asking the question, I blame the people responding...myself included.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.