Ultimate Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Red Superfly
OK, so has anyone played this yet? It isn't out over here, and from what I've read in general it seems to have removed some of the best bits of Spider-Man 2.

I loved the webswinging in Spider-Man 2, it kept me playing long after I finished the crappy story mode. Now all I hear is how they've turned it into easy-swinging mode (which I absolutely hated in SM2).

Can't swing on lamp-posts, can't use two weblines, etc. All the random missions are EXACTLY the same. People falling from buildings, take people to hospital, stop cars etc. WHY?

I would have also preferred a Venom/Spidey thing based on the 616 storyline, where Venom is more like Spidey. The Ultimate Venom just doesn't "do it" for me like old school Venom did. Same goes for Goblin and the other villains. They just aren't as cool. I like the Ultimate comics and read them when I can, but I just don't like them as much as 616.

For the purposes of a game, the ideal Spidey game would be based on the 616 storylines, and have diifferent random missions, and keep the damn webswinging from Spidey 2 intact or make it better rather than taking out bits.

RoyMC
lol got it yesterday i am at the part with carnage

powerfulone1987
I am still iffy on whether I should get it. At first I was because I thought it was completely different from Spiderman 2 and had a straightforward Storyline. But then I decided not to get it when I found out that it was like Spiderman 2 with little missions you had to do on the side and little stuff like that.

hotsauce6548
I heard the webslinging is still there. I'm still deciding whether to get this game. It looks pretty damn good, and there are a hell of a lot of cameos from people from the comics.

powerfulone1987
I was looking right at the game today and decided not to get it so I guess I have made up my mind on the game: not for me.

RoyMC
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
I heard the webslinging is still there. I'm still deciding whether to get this game. It looks pretty damn good, and there are a hell of a lot of cameos from people from the comics.

yeah you can climb your web to the top play as venom and when you do play as him note:if you have it on xbox cus i do press right trigger to jump from the empire state building youll land on the ground without getting hurt but remember THE VENOM SUIT NEEDS TOI FEED ON PEOPLE ITS EATING EDDIE BROK ALIVE!!! your health slowly decreases!

RoyMC
yo sorry i ment to say get to the top of a really high building the skyscrapers with venoms story mode

Delta 62
I love the city..because while it's in comic style, it's very detailed. Alot better than the cities in both Hulk and Spiderman 2. At first I preferred the web-swinging from SM2, but after while I got used to the new system, and now like it better.

Doc Ock
Web swinging is annoying

The game story is too easy.

The unlockables are crap

There are too many chases in it.The game should have been called 'Chase the villain'.

Spider-Man 2 is a better game IMO.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Web swinging is annoying

The game story is too easy.

The unlockables are crap

There are too many chases in it.The game should have been called 'Chase the villain'.

Spider-Man 2 is a better game IMO.

the chases are so annoying, because it's the same thing every mission and the swining sucked. i did have some what fun though but way to short and i mean wayyy to short. I beat it in 2 days..yeah waste of money. sad

Doc Ock
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
the chases are so annoying, because it's the same thing every mission and the swining sucked. i did have some what fun though but way to short and i mean wayyy to short. I beat it in 2 days..yeah waste of money. sad

Two days??

I did it in 7 hours eek!

We need a 616 Spidey game like the ones on the PS1.

They rule all.

TwisterGameX
Two days??

I did it in 7 hours eek!

We need a 616 Spidey game like the ones on the PS1.

They rule all.

I hate on what they did to venom in the spiderman comics(ultimate) also why is he deads in 616

Doc Ock
I hate on what they did to venom in the spiderman comics(ultimate) also why is he deads in 616

What they did to Carnage is 10 times worse.Though he was great fun to fight in the game.

Him and Wolverine were my fav boss fights.

TwisterGameX
What they did to Carnage is 10 times worse.Though he was great fun to fight in the game.

Him and Wolverine were my fav boss fights.

Carnage is a damn perter parker. i hate that, and also that carnage part was cheesy because that one door that hurt my fingers and too an housr to open then the man gets full life. sad

Why is venom dead in porr 616 I thought he will come back to life soon. Scorpion is the new veom sick

Doc Ock

Why is venom dead in porr 616 I thought he will come back to life soon. Scorpion is the new veom sick

Marvel are idiots thats why.

Scorpom sucks!!!!

They killed Carnage earlier this year as well.

It's like they have a death wish against symbiotic villains.

TwisterGameX
Marvel are idiots thats why.

Scorpom sucks!!!!

They killed Carnage earlier this year as well.

It's like they have a death wish against symbiotic villains.

I know what you mean and that it sucks. They might as well kill spiderman and ock while there at it evil face

This is why I like dc better at the moment.

Doc Ock
They did kill Ock once.

But he came back real quick evil face

TwisterGameX
They did kill Ock once.

But he came back real quick evil face

laughing Was he the original bad guy for spidey ?

Doc Ock
What do you mean original??

The first bad guy Spidey ever fought??

TwisterGameX
What do you mean original??

The first bad guy Spidey ever fought??

yes

Doc Ock
No.

The Chameleon was the first villain he ever fought waaaaaaaaay back in ASM#1

TwisterGameX
No.

The Chameleon was the first villain he ever fought waaaaaaaaay back in ASM#1

Good old chameleon. is that guy in part 3 Happy Dance He wasn't in ultimate spiderman the game. Wait in ultimate spiderman...is that nick fury ?

Doc Ock
Chameleon hasn't been in Ultimate Spider-Man yet.

I doubt he's the villain in SM-3.

TwisterGameX
this game killed veom because he could not swing on walls. Yes facing Wolverine was my favorite part because it was unsuspected to me and he was funny as hell( I wanted Wolverine to win : ( ) and there was the nick fury look alike and then comes annoying sable. green Goblin is what a mutant...

Sparkz

Only good thing about the swinging is he looks much more agile.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.