Firefox vs. ZoneAlarm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Syren
Ok, this is just to let anyone using Mozilla Firefox know that ZoneAlarm is the culprit if you are having trouble connecting to the internet.

Basically, for the last couple of weeks I've been getting a message saying 'Operation timed out...' whenever I've tried to open my home page. It's been happening regularly and I've just found out today that ZoneAlarm is the program at fault.

Apparently, it works against your browser and stops you connecting. I've deleted the program from my computer and my connection is great again happy

T.M
i have had that a few times.

damn you ZoneAlarm

Syren
Just thought everyone should know... did you remove the program, T.M?

T.M
no mine is ok now. someone else must have done it messed

Syren
laughing

Lana
I started having problems with Zone Alarm too, it'd stop connecting to all sites but a handful (KMC was one of the few it'd like) and would randomly disconnect MSN. I wound up having to disable it erm now I have to find another firewall.....

Bardock42
Actually juist get a new brother......best would be SlimBrowser......it's the roxxor big one one....

Syren
Recommended big grin

Deano
ive been using zonealarm all my life
never had problems

Lana
Originally posted by Bardock42
Actually juist get a new brother......best would be SlimBrowser......it's the roxxor big one one....

I used it before and didn't like it so much....

Syren
I'd rather keep Firefox and get another program like ZA which is compatible erm

Lana
Same...I have all sorts of nifty plugins for Firefox, like search engines for different sites (like deviantart, sooo useful) and FoxyTunes, which I am now using as an alarm clock as it's far better at waking me up than anythinig else is.

Syren
You have a plugin for dA?? Then do me the hugest favour, please... find my old desktop. Remember that one with the heart on the grey background? I really want it back and could only find the printscreen in the Show Off Your Desktop thread cry

Here;

Lana
Without the name of the piece, I can't do anything erm sorry....

Syren
Ok, no problem... what a bugger disgust

I suppose I could ask around on the site? But it's so big! laughing out loud

Clovie
blink so it is not fault of my isp? blink so why is it happening always at the same time? blink

naah..i don't think it's zone alarm's fault..it's working okish erm

Syren
Well, it's proven. I removed ZA and my connection worked perfectly. It's definitely not my ISP as my modem/phone line are perfect... and I found the info on another site where literally hundreds of people had the same problem. They all removed ZA and their probs were sorted... I just upgraded to the latest Firefox as well, so that may be why they were suddenly not compatible.

Clovie
no idea...
it's working kinda randomly to me..but i wouldn't blame the ZA erm

Lana
I had the same problem and it stopped as soon as I disabled Zone Alarm as well....

Syren
Exactly... it can't just be coincidence that hundreds of people used ZA, had problems, removed ZA and found that their problems were fixed... I even played around by putting the 'about:config' in the address bar and changing some things, but to no avail. It's the ZA as far as I'm concerned.

Clovie
I'm gonna turn it off when i'll be having problems next time to see what will happened yes

Syren
big grin Good idea wink

iSOFA kingOWNDu
Yea so i had the same kinda problems and i googled it and got here
but i was just pushing random buttons and if u goto the privacy tab then the mobile button click the custimize EVEV if its off click customize and turn everything off thats how i got mine too work

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.