The Offical FLCL (Fooly Cooly) Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Japanese_wolf52
did anyone realy understand it. I thought it was funny but my friend didn't understand it. I still don't get why it came out of his forehead or wat fooly cooly realy means

King KAM
i can explain it. what do you wanna know?

Japanese_wolf52
I know it .the only thing i dont get why it came from his forehead

King KAM
because his head was empty, he had the space in his brain to transfer things from other places in the universe.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Japanese_wolf52
did anyone realy understand it. I thought it was funny but my friend didn't understand it. I still don't get why it came out of his forehead or wat fooly cooly realy means
Who is the big guy, in the first pic again. 4th ?

Japanese_wolf52
wat do u mean

Japanese_wolf52
Originally posted by King KAM
because his head was empty, he had the space in his brain to transfer things from other places in the universe.

tanks, i always thought that it was from he got hit on the head with the gatar.

EvilCap America
FLCL is NOT hard to get.Read between the lines and its easy to figure out both levels of the story

and YES it came from being hit in the head by Harukos guitar she openned the NO portal that way but not just anyones head could work.Evidenced when it failed with Kamon with Amuro and worked with Naota

King KAM
Originally posted by EvilCap America
FLCL is NOT hard to get.Read between the lines and its easy to figure out both levels of the story

and YES it came from being hit in the head by Harukos guitar she openned the NO portal that way but not just anyones head could work.Evidenced when it failed with Kamon with Amuro and worked with Naota
its from the vespa, not from the guitar, AND she was suprised because the robot was supposed to have the pirate king in his head, BUT it wasnt, it was in Naota still, so whenever he needed power he had to eat naota to be fully powered, and she spent the rest of the time trying to draw the pirate king out, AND the main plot of FLCL is that Naota was just a kid, and that he shouldnt try to act so grown up all the time, because he wasnt.

Japanese_wolf52
is she the pirate king an item

MistressofSnape
okay what i don't get is the whole steam blowing out of the medical plant at every climax of an episode and what is fooly cooly? i'm guessing represents pent up emotion cause when Mameme(I can't spell her name. it's the older girl that always hangs out on the bridge with Naota)... when she was gonna overflow the steam came out of the factory and also when the robot came out of Naota's head.
Plus who does Harukos report to about the robots? is it that cat?

Japanese_wolf52
the steam makes the plant look like it is an iron and in one episode it shows a bunch flating the earth. Fooly Cooly i think means making out.

moogle_xenocide
fooly cooly is japanese slang for the stroking of a womans breasts.i got it from a site.haruko can speak to the dead via cats!

Japanese_wolf52
i never would have guessed thats what it meant

haruko1800

chibiruto
wow...you kno alot....i just yelling out "LORD KANTI" like mamimi

chibiruto
my friend said his friend used to put cat ears on him and cal him Takun...haha thats awesome....RANDOM...sorry

haruko1800
Yes I do know a lot. Takun?

haruko1800
if this is such an official thread how come nobody talks in it?

MikaSato7
I don't know, maybe not that many people watched it or understood it enough to talk about it. confused

Japanese_wolf52
not much to understand

MikaSato7
Well, I don't know I was just guessing.

haruko1800
o well its still cool though

MikaSato7
Yup, it is.

chibiruto
yes...(nods)

haruko1800
To tell you the truth, I really have never seen all of the episodes or anything. I have only seen the third one (Maru-Raba) and a bunch of clips from other episodes. But I still do know a lot about FLCL. Anyway, if you want the episodes, don't buy the dvds. That is the last resort. If you have tivo (the new one at least) get a season's pass for FLCL and just wait until it has recorded all of the episodes (in six weeks since there is one per weekend on Adult Swim) and burn them onto dvds. Who cares about commercials on dvds? You can just fast forward! Or, you can do the whole torrent thing, where you download a server and you can either watch the episodes on the stream or download them (they both have fairly nice quality but not as good as tivo), but this can be a pain if your computer is slow or something like that. Or you can buy used FLCL dvds off of Amazon. They're only from $15 to $8 and they are guarenteed to work well.

Japanese_wolf52
Were does that chickk come from? another planet right?

TPinaPimp
Yes....

haruko1800
Yeah she does. Her name's Haruko. She's pretty cool huh?

TPinaPimp
Yes and I forgot to mention.... Flcl has the best music i've ever heard.....Nobody beats the Pillows IMO

haruko1800
Very true, you can download the songs off of some websites if you search for them on Google.

cool blue14
afro flcl is kind of weird and and if anyone knows alot about flcl email me [email protected] or say it here it's weird but interesting and i would really like to know more about it and haruko1800 you seem to know alot about it so can u tell me more

cool blue14
Originally posted by haruko1800
Very true, you can download the songs off of some websites if you search for them on Google. so can u plz tell me more about flcl

cool blue14
afro still waiting i'll be back i'm gonna go to full to a different post

cool blue14
ok i'm back and still waiting and who would win takun or atomisk

haruko1800
Ok sorry I made you wait so long. What's left to know? Did you look in the previous post I posted earlier? That has pretty much all there is to know! I actually think FLCL is off the air so you may want to buy the dvds (new or used) before they're gone.

konte66
listen only nowtas head worked cause she saw him first and he had an empty headalso flcl stands for fooly cooly f is 4 foo l is for ly c is 4 coo and 2nd l is again ly

konte66
i luv flcl aspecily haraku or har har her real name

Japanese_wolf52
Originally posted by cool blue14
so can u plz tell me more about flcl

i watched the seson 2 and then i understoud it. ithas to do with an alien(harku) who is looking for the king so she can steal his power

haruko1800
Her name is Haruko and the "king" is the Pirate King-Atomsk. He is inside Naota's head because his is empty. She literally sticks her hand in Naota's head and announces that he does not have a brain. His mind though is used as a portal to bring robots from Metal Mechanica into the city and be transferred to whoever has a strong feeling (extreme anger, sadness, or happiness). Lastly, you are right about FLCL's initials, but fooly cooly is a Japanese word that means stroking a woman's breasts. This title, however, has nothing to do with the show or its content.

haruko1800
Does anyone know if FLCL is permanently off the air or not? I went to adultswim.com and all they have is Boondocks for the next three Saturdays. The thing is, they have the show still on the website so is it still on TV or not?

cool blue14
fooley cooley huh lol

cool blue14
no it's not well only temporarly

haruko1800
Ok its not off completely but it is being shown very VERY rarely. Anyway, fooly cooly means to stroke (or fondle) a woman's breasts

scarecrow088
i got the complete volumes of them shifty

haruko1800
GO TO FLCLW.COM AND JOIN THE FORUM!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.