Pretention in the GDF

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whirlysplatt
I don't know what you guys think? confused but do some of the people in here take debates a little to seriously? I mean recently lots of people have been getting really, really worked up.

Are some posters pretentious?

How can we get along?

Alpha Centauri
If we got along there wouldn't be a general discussion forum, or if there was, it'd be about as dull as that football score announcer being a maths teacher.

-AC

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
If we got along there wouldn't be a general discussion forum, or if there was, it'd be about as dull as that football score announcer being a maths teacher.

-AC

So your saying forums are about challenging peoples ideas, beliefs and creating conflict? Is that about it AC?

Alpha Centauri
Depends what you mean by conflict.

Not hostile conflict, no. This is a discussion board, right? Loads of people who agree on everything can discuss one subject without disagreeing once. Not everybody agrees, hence why debate comes up. Debating is arguing a point against an opposing belief. So conflict will naturally arise. Whether it gets hostile or not, is all in the nature of the debators.

That being said there will always be people who are idiots, but there is no discussion board on the known internet without arguements, debates or conflict.

-AC

GCG
At times, everyone can get pretentious

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
I don't know what you guys think? confused but do some of the people in here take debates a little to seriously? I mean recently lots of people have been getting really, really worked up.If you act like a jackass and don't expect to be called out on it then you're a fool as well as an:
http://www.funny-games.biz/pictures/attention/attention_whore.jpg

Are some posters pretentious?Why ask the question when you've already stated:Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
The GDF is hilarious most of them are very pretentious and easy to stir up laughing out loud Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Some are very pretentious in the GDF
How can we get along? Says the Prime Donna of trolls. Duplicitous much?

Lana
Number one: quit with the damn threads, no one cares.

Number two: In reply to this:

So your saying forums are about challenging peoples ideas, beliefs and creating conflict? Is that about it AC?

Forums are places to discuss things. People aren't always going to agree; opinions will be challenged. Believe it or not, it is possible to do that civilly.

BackFire
It's fine.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
If you act like a jackass and don't expect to be called out on it then you're a fool as well as an:
http://www.funny-games.biz/pictures/attention/attention_whore.jpg

Why ask the question when you've already stated:
Says the Prime Donna of trolls. Duplicitous much?

you see X no one cares laughing out loud

GCG
Hey !

He says Tomatoe you say Tomato laughing out loud

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by GCG
Hey !

He says Tomatoe you say Tomato laughing out loud

laughing

xmarksthespot
Who says tomatoe? blink

And whirly, yes, "no one cares" about any of your pointless threads. People have been making that abundantly clear for a while now.

Whirlysplatt
Who says tomatoe? blink

And whirly, yes, "no one cares" about any of your pointless threads. People have been making that abundantly clear for a while now.

but your posting fishy smile

xmarksthespot
Posting to point out you're being a jackass? (As if I even need to.) Yes. Posting because I actually give a flying f*ck about the thread or you for that matter. No. Troll on you crazy Roma. Troll on. Of course it would just be easier for everyone if you just got your fix pharmaceutically.
http://www.ethlife.ethz.ch/images/pharma_ritalin-l.jpg

GCG
Who says tomatoe? blink

I was refering to Lana's post:

She said that "People aren't always going to agree; opinions will be challenged. Believe it or not, it is possible to do that civilly."

but to Whirlysplatt its Pretentiousness; which is funny since everyone is going to abide abd defend their own POV laughing out loud

BackFire
Posting to point out you're being a jackass? (As if I even need to.) Yes. Posting because I actually give a flying f*ck about the thread or you for that matter. No. Troll on you crazy Roma. Troll on. Of course it would just be easier for everyone if you just got your fix pharmaceutically.

Who's being a troll?

He made a perfectly reasonable thread, and you're calling him a jackass in the same post you call him a troll.

Wow.

GCG
Ritalin : Used by Airline Pilots. Not a bad fix at all.

Can aid concentration and memory. Although intended to treat disordersthey have been adopted by healthy people across the social spectrum because of their ability to enhance performance such as attending class, lectures etc.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by BackFire
Who's being a troll?

He made a perfectly reasonable thread, and you're calling him a jackass in the same post you call him a troll.

Wow. Whirly's quite proud of the fact that he trolls actually. "Posting messages and threads about sensitive subjects on newsgroups and chat rooms to bait users into responding." was the definition I was referring to. And I wasn't referring to this thread in particular. More about the 10 or so other threads made in the past few days.

BackFire
Whirly's quite proud of the fact that he trolls actually. "Posting messages and threads about sensitive subjects on newsgroups and chat rooms to bait users into responding." was the definition I was referring to. And I wasn't referring to this thread in particular. More about the 10 or so other threads made in the past few days.

Then keep bullshit like that out of decent threads. Easy, huh?

BackFire
Originally posted by BackFire
Then keep bullshit like that out of decent threads, otherwise, you become the troll. Easy, huh?

Imperial_Samura
Pretension? Of course there can be Pretension. Many people will defend their views, so of course it can be serious.

General discussion. People come here to discuss issues, people think and feel differently about things, that's the whole point of debating, to get your views out there, and to maybe, just maybe, make others see things the way you do. Of course there are those who don't listen. Those that argue against all logic and reason. Those who are simply opinionated and ignorant. Unfortunate, but eh. Ultimately everyone is allowed their opinions.

Of course if we all wanted to get along it would help if everyone was a. open minded and open to reason, b. not so quick to resort to questionable tactics of discussion like insults and the like and c. used alot more tact.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.