I really dislike Grevious...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Veneficus
Yea yea go ahead call me a noob for making a thread like this...but lately I have realized just how lame Grevious is...

*prepares to cast his spells against the hord of Grevious fanboys soon to come*

Darth_Glentract
I hate GG too. He is a good fighter though.

Deus Ex
I don't mind Grievious. The cartoon hyped him way too much, but otherwise he is a decent character. Of course, his fanboys are usually the pinnacle of noobism, but hey... not his fault, right?

Veneficus
Originally posted by Deus Ex
I don't mind Grievious. The cartoon hyped him way too much, but otherwise he is a decent character. Of course, his fanboys are usually the pinnacle of noobism, but hey... not his fault, right?
Yea...but I hate how the cartoon hyped him up.

SnakeEyes
Grievous lies somewhere on my neutral list of characters. He is alright, but nothing special in my opinion...

Darth_Glentract
I hated his coughing. He was a WAY to childish character IMO.

Darth_Veav
Well IMO I like him. Hes cool-looking, original, and stuff.

Captain REX
If he had been as crazy as he had been in the cartoons, I would have liked him more. *shrug*

Jaro
You must see that Grievous was made to foreshadow what Anakin was about to become and that's it. And I hated how the cartoon hyped up every body.

Illustrious
Yeah, the cartoon had everything look exaggerated.

Sorgo
I wish i was an over-rated Asthmatic cyborg who can kill a hundred Jedi while reading the Kaleesh Times. Christ.

Tru_Slice
The guy sounded like Count Chocula.

-nuff' said.

Tangible God
I was always more of a Tony the Tiger guy myself. Now imagine Grievous with HIS voice.

"Jedi McNuggets! They're grrrrrreat!"

Tru_Slice
Yeah. A big walking-burly-cyborg-tiger-with stripes-with a mask.

Could have been a good alternate in Lucas' script.

Se7in
The cartoon was idiotic. If Jedi can push hundreds of droids at a time, deflect hundreds of blaster bolts, dodge bullets, and jump to the peak of mountains, then the Battle of Geonosis shouldn't have had one Jedi casualty.

Admiral Akbar
Well, The really shitty jedi died, mostly padawans and straight up retards. Other than that everyone lived..

Tangible God
F*cking cartoons, threw things WAY out of whack.

Tengu Man
Mace and Yoda did those things. you cant really say its idiotic when Luke can rip apart star destroyers and the ancient sith lords can play jacks with stars.

grievous is a major problem with the cartoons, but then again without them nobody would really take him too seriously. movie-wise he is a little intimidating, but not like Jango, Maul, or Vader.

Tangible God
Ah Jango wasn't intimadating.

Tengu Man
not really intimidating but he was cool as hell.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Veneficus
Yea yea go ahead call me a noob for making a thread like this...but lately I have realized just how lame Grevious is...

*prepares to cast his spells against the hord of Grevious fanboys soon to come*

why do you hate him? just curious. like deus ex, i dont mind

Darth Avis
the cartoon was to make GG and all the other uys look cool so more people will see the movie. It was an entertaining advertisment.

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Se7in
The cartoon was idiotic. If Jedi can push hundreds of droids at a time, deflect hundreds of blaster bolts, dodge bullets, and jump to the peak of mountains, then the Battle of Geonosis shouldn't have had one Jedi casualty.

Word

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Word

letter

Deus Ex
syllable!

DrDoom101
emphasis

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth Avis
the cartoon was to make GG and all the other uys look cool so more people will see the movie. It was an entertaining advertisment. You really gotta settle on an avatar, I'm getting confused.

Lord Simus
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Grievous nearly defeat Dooku in some of they're sparring sessions?

Tptmanno1
Non-Canon though...
I know its the EU forum but just saying. You have to go by movies first.
But you also have to realie that Obi was DAMN good. He basicly stood his ground an blocked EVERYTHING GG tossed at him. Less experienced Jedi, if caught at the right time probably would have fallen. He was good, Obi was just better.
At ROTS, Obi was probably the best fighter the jedi had...

Lord Simus
You would be right if Mace Windu and Yoda weren't jedi.

Tptmanno1
No..
Yoda was not a great Duelest, Niether was Mace. Mace left himself open too much. Sidious bested him pretty quickly. Yoda always had to rely on his superior force powers. He never was a great swordfighter. I hold out that both of them would have lost to Anakin.

Lord Simus
Try pushing that BS around in the versus forum and you will see how wrong you are.

Lana
I have to say I agree with Tpt. Remember that Obi-wan fought and defeated a Sith while still a Padawan, and from there did spend a lot of time learning saber technique, which you can clearly see. Yoda relied on the Force for saber fighting, you can see this by all the flipping around that he does; he wouldn't be able to do that without using the Force. Mace? Well, as was said, he did leave too many openings while fighting. He was a good Jedi, yes, this is obvious by the fact that he was the head of the Council. But best duelist? No, I would have to say that that was Obi-wan, who is one of the few Jedi who'd ever even had any actual duelling experience.

Anyway, Grevious. I didn't mind him so much. However, they totally screwed things up with the Clone Wars cartoon. Yeah, he was supposed to be good, but that was just ridiculous, and it made him look like crap in ROTS.

All the damn Grevious fanboys (hell, fanboys in general) really annoy me, though....

Se7in
Where on Earth did this come from? Do you honestly think Obi could've taken Sidious? Hell no. This is crazy, Mace and Yoda pass Obi by miles.

Lana
Originally posted by Se7in
Where on Earth did this come from? Do you honestly think Obi could've taken Sidious? Hell no. This is crazy, Mace and Yoda pass Obi by miles.

Do I think Obi could have taken on Sidious? No, probably not, but what does that have to do with anything? Remember, both Mace and Yoda lost to Sidious.

Nai Fohl
@tptmanno1 and Lana:

I have to set some things straight here. The best duellists the order had in PT times where Yoda and Mace and they were considered to play in their own league with the other Jedi not even coming close to them.

Mace and Dooku were quite close when it comes to duelling and Dooku could take Obi-Wan and Anakin at once which he has shown in AotC and in ROTS as well. So Mace is better than Obi-Wan. Yoda was about to defeat Dooku after 30 seconds of lightsaber dueling (have a look at the AotC script) so he's obviously even better than Dooku (and Mace) which makes him better than Obi-Wan.

If you want to discuss that point. Windu became a Jedi Knight at the age of 13 (Obi-Wan 25) and designed his own fighting style which is said to be the most deadly light saber style there is (Shatterpoint). And he became a Jedi Master at the age of 28 (Obi-Wan was in his late 30s). So how would Obi-Wan be better than Mace or Yoda ? Impossible...

And about Sidious. Yoda told Obi-Wan that he has no chance against Sidious. Period. And Sidious lost against Mace (he was without a weapon, lying on the ground and was with his back against the wall - can it be more obvious ?) and he did only defeat Yoda because of being a lucky *****. So what ?

Tengu Man
Originally posted by Lana
I have to say I agree with Tpt. Remember that Obi-wan fought and defeated a Sith while still a Padawan, and from there did spend a lot of time learning saber technique, which you can clearly see. Yoda relied on the Force for saber fighting, you can see this by all the flipping around that he does; he wouldn't be able to do that without using the Force. Mace? Well, as was said, he did leave too many openings while fighting. He was a good Jedi, yes, this is obvious by the fact that he was the head of the Council. But best duelist? No, I would have to say that that was Obi-wan, who is one of the few Jedi who'd ever even had any actual duelling experience.

Anyway, Grevious. I didn't mind him so much. However, they totally screwed things up with the Clone Wars cartoon. Yeah, he was supposed to be good, but that was just ridiculous, and it made him look like crap in ROTS.

All the damn Grevious fanboys (hell, fanboys in general) really annoy me, though.... your forgetting that same sith he beat was an apprentice too.

Tengu Man
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
@tptmanno1 and Lana:

I have to set some things straight here. The best duellists the order had in PT times where Yoda and Mace and they were considered to play in their own league with the other Jedi not even coming close to them.

Mace and Dooku were quite close when it comes to duelling and Dooku could take Obi-Wan and Anakin at once which he has shown in AotC and in ROTS as well. So Mace is better than Obi-Wan. Yoda was about to defeat Dooku after 30 seconds of lightsaber dueling (have a look at the AotC script) so he's obviously even better than Dooku (and Mace) which makes him better than Obi-Wan.

If you want to discuss that point. Windu became a Jedi Knight at the age of 13 (Obi-Wan 25) and designed his own fighting style which is said to be the most deadly light saber style there is (Shatterpoint). And he became a Jedi Master at the age of 28 (Obi-Wan was in his late 30s). So how would Obi-Wan be better than Mace or Yoda ? Impossible...

And about Sidious. Yoda told Obi-Wan that he has no chance against Sidious. Period. And Sidious lost against Mace (he was without a weapon, lying on the ground and was with his back against the wall - can it be more obvious ?) and he did only defeat Yoda because of being a lucky *****. So what ? couldnt have said it better myself

cool_dudes_rule
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Grievous lies somewhere on my neutral list of characters. He is alright, but nothing special in my opinion... yeah same here.

Sesse
The faith in GG's fighting skills was diminished at the same pace he lost his hands...

The Ones
if you all dont like grievous, wait till my fan film is out. its set inbetween 2 and 3 (not with anakin or obi). its set back when gg was bad ass and does brilliant fighting.

exanda kane
sry - but i hate fan films

Tangible God
Yeah, same here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.