X-Force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
I recently purchased about 10 issues of the old X-Force series for 5 bucks; ya know, with Cable and Shatterstar. I got issues 2-11, and they're pretty cool. Is there anyone else who used to read this series? Also, are there any plans for X-Force now? I know They had six issues of it earlier this year (the newer series) and they kinda sucked, but are they going to even bother trying to reinvigerate it?

SnakeEyes
Nobody's an X-Force fan?

Nataku8188
I love X-force. Own most of it meself.

8bitChris
They might have had some plans for them had Liefield not done such a horrible job with their mini this year; but he didn't.

X-Force was awesome though. Mutants taking it too the action following Cable and later on Siryn haha. Cannonball when he was badass and not the rookie kid they made him out to be when he finally joined the X-men.

A lot of them did appear recently in Cable and Deadpool. Warpath, Boom Boom/Meltdown, Shatterstar, Siryn, an Invisible Rictor, and Samuel hahaha. They called themselves the X-Force there but I don't think they were hinting at anything.

Kazenji
The new X-force series is absoultely great, Anyone who has'nt checked it out go do it now.

Cavalier
Domino's gonna be a member....

w00t

Kazenji
And she's gonna be drawn good stick out tongue

Raoul
its mike choi. when does he NOT draw good?

Cavalier
http://www.comicbookresources.com/images/solicits/marvelcomics/200811/XFORCE009_cov.jpg

Woot.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Raoul
its mike choi. when does he NOT draw good?

Well i was just cracking a joke since Liefield had her in his old X-force Series and we all know bad he is as an artist.

Raoul
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well i was just cracking a joke since Liefield had her in his old X-force Series and we all know bad he is as an artist.

yeah, i know lol...

guy222
good book

BruceSkywalker
The first nine or so issues have been very well

starlock
I loved the original run..which was the last issue or two of New Mutants...thru to the last issues....and the new X-force is amazing....simply amazing...from the art to the action top notch i.m.o

willRules
Just bought the hardcover of the new series = amazing.

Kris Blaze
This stuff is really looking up.

Hellion is back mofuggas!!!

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
This stuff is really looking up.

Hellion is back mofuggas!!!

Boom Boom is also dead.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/XForce13-003.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/XForce13-015.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/XForce13-024.jpg

Norwood
Yes, I'm reading it. It's one of the best X-titles out there right now, in my opinion.

Mike Choi, no matter how many times I see his work, blows me away.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Norwood
Yes, I'm reading it. It's one of the best X-titles out there right now, in my opinion.

Mike Choi, no matter how many times I see his work, blows me away.

Indeed.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around Boom Boom dressing up like a prostitute, but the rest seems pretty epic in my opinion. Choi is the only artist I've seen, so far, who gets X-23 JUST right.

ExodusCloak
Indeed.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around Boom Boom dressing up like a prostitute, but the rest seems pretty epic in my opinion. Choi is the only artist I've seen, so far, who gets X-23 JUST right.

That's her Nextwave costume minus the pants isn't it?

willRules
X-force is great. Did anyone pick up the X-force Wolverine: Ain't No Dog one shot that came out a while back? The story blew me away. It's violent, gory, shocking and fun. Great story. Backup story was meh.

Mindset
Tbh I only read X-force because of Warren

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
That's her Nextwave costume minus the pants isn't it?

They put her in nextwave?.....

Originally posted by willRules
X-force is great. Did anyone pick up the X-force Wolverine: Ain't No Dog one shot that came out a while back? The story blew me away. It's violent, gory, shocking and fun. Great story. Backup story was meh.

Not yet!

Grimm22
Boom Boom is also dead.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/XForce13-003.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/XForce13-015.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/XForce13-024.jpg

Wait a second, Hellion is back?

Is he dead? I truly hope not.

ExodusCloak
They put her in nextwave?.....

Tabitha Smith AKA Boom Boom.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3491/00001.th.jpg

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Grimm22
Wait a second, Hellion is back?

Is he dead? I truly hope not.

I don't think so. I have a feeling we'll see more of him in the future.

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Tabitha Smith AKA Boom Boom.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3491/00001.th.jpg

I thought you were referring to X-23 for some reason laughing

tjcoady
I don't think so. I have a feeling we'll see more of him in the future.

I thought you were referring to X-23 for some reason laughing

No. Only AWESOME characters got to be in Nextwave.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by tjcoady

Hah, dream on buddy.

willRules

That's why it got cancelled, right? stick out tongue

Kris Blaze
That's why it got cancelled, right? stick out tongue

No, it's because Monica Rambeau is suuuuuch an interesting character smile

Kazenji
Ghost Rider's cameo was great with this series and also the art for the flaming skull was excellant.

Grimm22
It's actually quite ingenius what Kyle and Yost did.

How cyclops telported the team out before they could save their freinds is actually a metaphor for how editorial changes to creators and their stories to fit in with a crossover event can ruin what they had been working toward.

Of course Yost and Kyle know this better than anyone as their fantastic New X-men series was killed off to fit in with the garbage that was messiah complex.

willRules
Originally posted by Grimm22
It's actually quite ingenius what Kyle and Yost did.

How cyclops telported the team out before they could save their freinds is actually a metaphor for how editorial changes to creators and their stories to fit in with a crossover event can ruin what they had been working toward.

Of course Yost and Kyle know this better than anyone as their fantastic New X-men series was killed off to fit in with the garbage that was messiah complex.

Messiah Complex was brilliant and I'm geared up for Messiah War. This new fantastic X-force series was born out of Messiah Complex. Hopefully Messiah War will further boost the team. From preview images and solits it certainly looks like X-force is at the forefront of this crossover event so I can't wait for the trade! yes

Grimm22
Messiah Complex was brilliant and I'm geared up for Messiah War. This new fantastic X-force series was born out of Messiah Complex. Hopefully Messiah War will further boost the team. From preview images and solits it certainly looks like X-force is at the forefront of this crossover event so I can't wait for the trade! yes

I never actually read messiah complex, but I hold a huge grudge against it and Marvel editorial because oh how it caused New X-Men to be cancelled.

And then to add insult to injury they tried to replace it with young x-men, which was pure garbage. Don't get me wrong x-force is good, and i'm glad to see some of the new x-men plot points are getting wrapped up in it, but these wounds may never heal.

Okay who am I kidding its just a goddamn comic book stick out tongue

Phantom Zone
Man oh man X-force is ****ing hardcore punk bitches dying left right and center.

LOVE the artwork.

Kazenji
Need to catch up with The X-force books last one i got of it was that 'Who is Eli Bard' issue.

Phantom Zone
Need to catch up with The X-force books last one i got of it was that 'Who is Eli Bard' issue.

Im up to issue 4. erm

Scythe
What the fu-?!

Ghost Rider is in this? How?

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Scythe
What the fu-?!

Think it was just for one or two issue's.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Im up to issue 4. erm

Wow the place where you get your comics is behind eek!

What the fu-?!

He was only in it for two issues, he was showing Warpath how to kill the Demon Bear.

Scythe
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Think it was just for one or two issue's. Originally posted by Kazenji
Wow the place where you get your comics is behind eek!

He was only in it for two issues, he was showing Warpath how to kill the Demon Bear.

Oh, that sounds pretty cool, I must check this out now, thanks guys.

StiltmanFTW
Demon Bear sounds pretty cool? Sorry, not for me. It was lame.

I don't mind GR's guest appearances, though. He should make them more often.

Kazenji
I did'nt think the Demon Bear was lame it was explained well enough why it was there.

StiltmanFTW
I mean, it looks fat and overall ridiculous shocklaugh

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/7102/xforcev308023024.th.jpg

An enormous, demonic and glowing bear? C'mon, I know it's just a comic book, but... *sigh*

Scythe
I meant the fact that Ghost Rider is in X-Force, that's awesome, I think.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah. I like GR, too. And the art was great.

Kazenji
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I mean, it looks fat and overall ridiculous shocklaugh

erm not to me.....

StiltmanFTW
I respect your opinion. You think the demon bears are cool - okay.

IMO it was almost as funny as Grizzly's guest appearance in Punisher...

Martian_mind
The original Demon Bear was teh awesome.

willRules
I'm waiting for the second trade to come out for this series and the wait hurts.......

Scythe
I'm waiting for the second trade to come out for this series and the wait hurts.......

I know, I only buy hardcovers, so that'll be costly with all the other books I'm plannin to buy.

Kazenji
Why hardcovers better to go with softcovers.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Martian_mind
The original Demon Bear was teh awesome.

Cosign.

Bear was one of my favoure magical beings in Marvel.

tjcoady
The only time X-Force was ever cool was when it was X-Statix.

Original Smurph
The only time X-Force was ever cool was when it was X-Statix. Doop ftw

Kris Blaze

One of the worst reads ever.

Not to mention godawful art.

willRules

Actually I think X-force right now is at it's coolest incarnation. Marvel clearly asked themselves, what's cool and the answer was Wolverine, so they made X-force, Wolverine and the sharp clawed people yes

Joking aside, the current team rocks yes

tjcoady
One of the worst reads ever.

Not to mention godawful art.

You have awful taste.

Kazenji
Messiah War was good how it tied this series into it.

Scythe
Why hardcovers better to go with softcovers.

I just like hardcovers better. I don't mind the price that much.

willRules
Bought the second volume and it was......good. Not great, not terrible. Art is great but I preferred Clayton Crain's in the opening arc. Story was good, but not as good as the Purifier and Bastion stuff. Overall I enjoyed it and will be picking up the next one, but slightly disappointed when compared to the opening issues.

Kazenji
I just like hardcovers better. I don't mind the price that much.

Fair enough

I try and go with Softcovers myself unless of course they don't exist then i go hardcover.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.