Proffessor X with Juggs crystal vs. The JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmo Kramer
OK I bet he could take all of them now. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Draco69
No. His telepathy is counteracted by MM. Then he gets thrown into a black hole created by GL.

Cosmo Kramer
lol that would be interesting

KillAll
MM cant counter his telepathy. not till the helmet is removed. which would be extremely hard considering xavier would be able to "predict" thier next moves...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by KillAll
MM cant counter his telepathy. not till the helmet is removed. which would be extremely hard considering xavier would be able to "predict" thier next moves...

Exactly. While Xavier could freely use his telepathy on the JLA his helmet would protect him psionic assault from the likes of MM. He would also be able read their thoughts before they act upon them so no battlefield removals in this case. The invulnerability the gem affords him would protect him completely from the JLA'S arsenal whilst its strength and his own telepathy would ensure he wins more times than not. Definitely Prof X.

There was a What If when Prof X got the gem before Cain. Was that the inspiration for this thread?

xmarksthespot
Are we assuming that the helmet allows telepathy out but not in?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Are we assuming that the helmet allows telepathy out but not in?

Nope just going by the only reference we have for such circumstances which is the aforementioned What If. No assumptions required.

xmarksthespot
Oh. Didn't see that and haven't read the What if. In that case Professor Juggs has pretty good odds.

Arahan
I read that issue, Prof X with Crystal was a bad ass. No one could stop him. The only way was to throw him in space. I think the JLA could do the same.

long pig
Does anyone else have a picture of Jodie Foster staring at them beside the "Post Reply" section of the thread?

She's freaking me out.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Arahan
I read that issue, Prof X with Crystal was a bad ass. No one could stop him. The only way was to throw him in space. I think the JLA could do the same.

The X-men in the What If could only do that because they had prep and they equipped themselves with psi shields. Theres no prep here. Prof X will know what theyre thinking and anyone who tries battlefield removal will get mind wiped.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by long pig
Does anyone else have a picture of Jodie Foster staring at them beside the "Post Reply" section of the thread?

She's freaking me out.

You're crazy confused laughing out loud

wannabe
Oh my...this is pretty much a physical version of Onslaught!!! eek

Juntai
JLA wins with ease. Most of the members are beyond thought speed, mental attacks won't work on Plastic Man, because he doesn't have a brain. Superman can move fast enough to where Telepathic/Telekinetic attacks don't work on him like he did to Manchester Black. GL can shield the entire groups mind to be completely impervious to mental attacks, it's been done before. Martian Manhunter the same way... Too many guns, ya'll are nuts.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Juntai
JLA wins with ease. Most of the members are beyond thought speed, mental attacks won't work on Plastic Man, because he doesn't have a brain. Superman can move fast enough to where Telepathic/Telekinetic attacks don't work on him like he did to Manchester Black. GL can shield the entire groups mind to be completely impervious to mental attacks, it's been done before. Martian Manhunter the same way... Too many guns, ya'll are nuts.

To disable Juggs someones gonna have to make contact and move him at which point they will get mind blasted. With his force field up he isnt going anywhere. Also moving at a great rate of speed has not been shown to be able to counter the effects of telepathy in Marvel therefore that tactic will not work in this match up as is the case with all of these crossover threads the characters powers work as they would do on their native turf.

I doubt GL will be able to shield the minds of the entire team as well as exert himself in battle as well.

As for Plastic Man Prof X could potentially control one of the other members and make them take him out.

Juntai
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
To disable Juggs someones gonna have to make contact and move him at which point they will get mind blasted. With his force field up he isnt going anywhere. Also moving at a great rate of speed has not been shown to be able to counter the effects of telepathy in Marvel therefore that tactic will not work in this match up as is the case with all of these crossover threads the characters powers work as they would do on their native turf.

I doubt GL will be able to shield the minds of the entire team as well as exert himself in battle as well.

As for Plastic Man Prof X could potentially control one of the other members and make them take him out. What's to stop Hal from stopping time, grabbing X and dropping him off at the end of time? Or teleporting him to the source wall? or into the center of a supernovaing star... or. . .? There's an infinite number of things the JLA can do to win, and GL, Plastic Man arent going to be affected by Telepathic attacks, GL and MM can and have protect others from them.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Juntai
What's to stop Hal from stopping time, grabbing X and dropping him off at the end of time? Or teleporting him to the source wall? or into the center of a supernovaing star... or. . .? There's an infinite number of things the JLA can do to win, and GL, Plastic Man arent going to be affected by Telepathic attacks, GL and MM can and have protect others from them.

Is Hal a member of the JLA right now? I didnt think he was?

If Hal can do such things juts lik ethat then yeah JLA can still win through BFR if not through beating down his defences.

Juntai
Is Hal a member of the JLA right now? I didnt think he was?

If Hal can do such things juts lik ethat then yeah JLA can still win through BFR if not through beating down his defences. Well, currently Batman and SUperman aren't JLA either, they quit, and Aquaman has been too busy in SUBDIEGO, the JLA is pretty much done. It'll probably be rebuilt by MM into a new team, but the current team is Plastic Man and Martian Manhunter. lolol. It should have been specified.

Juntai
Also what's BFR stand for?

Juntai
But even Guy has warped Time/Space, and given life.
John and Katma turned an astroid into flush world.

The ring can do anything.

K3VIL
In the What If? The X-Men defeated Xaviernaut through sending him into space, the JLA can do the same and with less effort considering the powersets at their disposal.

Draco69
The X-men in the What If could only do that because they had prep and they equipped themselves with psi shields. Theres no prep here. Prof X will know what theyre thinking and anyone who tries battlefield removal will get mind wiped.

You're joking right? So the helmet protects him from psi-attacks. Then just remove it. If a teenage Angel can do it so can the JLA.

MM will protect his teammates from Xavier's paltry psi-attacks. Aquaman will supplement his telepathy. And GL's shields have protected against Hector Hammond who makes Xavier look like a drooling impotent.

Draco69
To disable Juggs someones gonna have to make contact and move him at which point they will get mind blasted.

MM/AM protects their teammates from psi-attacks. GL is the butter to the bread. Charley has no chance whatsoever of harming the JLA with psi-attacks.

AND they've been extensively trained by MM to resist telepathic attacks so Charley doesn't have anything.

With his force field up he isnt going anywhere.

GL teleports him to Obilivion. End battle.

Also moving at a great rate of speed has not been shown to be able to counter the effects of telepathy in Marvel therefore that tactic will not work in this match up as is the case with all of these crossover threads the characters powers work as they would do on their native turf.

Why does everyone assume that all battles in KMC take place in Marvel? Bias...

There are multiple opponents who are faster than thought (back off Dreampanther!). Telepathy is nil.

Um. NO. GL protected the planet Earth from Hector Hammond's telepathy (while he was mindcontrolling an entire GALAXY) while attacking his mechnical armies. So Charleynaut doesn't have anything.

And why would he "extert" himself? He's in the AIR. Charleynaut will be stuck on the ground duking it out with any groundbased foe.

As for Plastic Man Prof X could potentially control one of the other members and make them take him out.

Again. Charley isn't mindcontrolling anyone. Too many psi-blockers. It would be like attacking the Helicarrier with a peashooter.

hawkwind
if it was sudden attack professor juggernaaut wins if they know about it then the jla win

Khellendros
Against any one member of the JLA, I'd give it to Charley (yes even a GL). Against the whole team, there are just too many speedblitzes for one man to hold off.

Cosmo Kramer
Not at all, I know that Proffessor X without having Juggies crystal caused a lot of damage to entire police forces and special forces alike. In Magnetos suit as Onslaught he became even more powerful but wasnt invincible but gave the entire army of the United States, Coast Guard and FBI teamed up with the Avengers just to slow him down temporarily for a few issues. No way with invincibility on his side can the JLA beat him, but since DC is more powerful I thought there actual superpowers would be able to counter him enough for atleast a tie.

Draco69
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
Not at all, I know that Proffessor X without having Juggies crystal caused a lot of damage to entire police forces and special forces alike. In Magnetos suit as Onslaught he became even more powerful but wasnt invincible but gave the entire army of the United States, Coast Guard and FBI teamed up with the Avengers just to slow him down temporarily for a few issues. No way with invincibility on his side can the JLA beat him, but since DC is more powerful I thought there actual superpowers would be able to counter him enough for atleast a tie.

Onslaught is completely different. He had the powers of Franklin Richards.

There's no way in hell Charly can win. Mental powers are nullified. And invulnerabilty is gonna be a real curse when he's transported to the Phantom Zone.

Wynndar
too one dimensional to hang with JLA

Cosmo Kramer
Originally posted by K3VIL
In the What If? The X-Men defeated Xaviernaut through sending him into space, the JLA can do the same and with less effort considering the powersets at their disposal.

Have you read X-Men vs. JLA? Xavior wasnt around he was with the Starjammers and it was still even.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.