Marvel and Dc Again, the Finals(Which better in)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
Ok

Who has the better Characters
Who has the better Stories
Which one is better over all
Which one you like better

Ok this is a different thing
Who has the better movies
Which has the better games

SnakeEyes
Who has the better Characters: I'd say it's a tie
Who has the better Stories: Marvel (but I'm biased)
Which one is better over all: Marvel
Which one you like better: Marvel

Who has the better movies: Marvel (Batman Begins was awesome, but Marvel has: Spider-Man, Blade, X-Men, ect.)
Which has the better games: Definitely Marvel (The new Hulk game, X-Men Legends, X-Men Legends 2, Spider-Man 2, ect.)

TwisterGameX
I forgot to add, which has the best Bad guys.

pr1983
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Ok

Might as well...

Who has the better Characters - Overall i don't know, Marvel has a lot of shit characters, but my favourite character is Marvel... erm

Who has the better Stories - DC has FAR better writing imo...

Which one is better over all - At the moment DC, better writers and better artists...

Best Bad Guys - Undecided...

Which one you like better - Undecided...

Who has the better movies - DC (Batman Begins)
Which has the better games - Marvel... but not for long...

GalacticStorm
Who has the better Characters - Marvel

Who has the better Stories - DC

Which one is better over all - At the moment DC

Which one you like better - DC

Who has the better movies - Batman Begins is the best individually but thats only one film compared to Spiderman, X-men and Blade

Which has the better games - definitely Marvel

Balance
dude marvel is ten times better dude come on you must be stupid not to know especialy stan lee he revolutionized the comic world so did frank miller but he moved to Dc comics then dark horse

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Balance
dude marvel is ten times better dude come on you must be stupid not to know especialy stan lee he revolutionized the comic world so did frank miller but he moved to Dc comics then dark horse

Dont call me stupid for having a different opinion to yours thats immature as hell.

I read far more Marvel than DC. Ive been cllecting for over 15 years. However as an objective person i can admit that Marvels writing has gone downhill as of recent years. DC's is just much better at the moment. I made a mistake in my last post i prefer Marvel overall but as of right now DC is better. Thats coming from someone who reads and collects both. Dont hate when you all know of is Marvel. Thats ridiculous.

jgiant
Marvel has better everything imo...i realy didn't like that batman game, Hulk ultimate destruction is ten times better...

Magic_attack
Characters= Equal
Stories= DC
Better overall= DC
Like better= DC

Movies= Marvel
Games= Marvel

TwisterGameX
My favorite characters are in both. Spiderman Wolverine Xmen.....Batman Superman Justice League.....Marvel has kool Bad guys like Magneto, but then there is Deathstroke...

8bitChris
Deathstroke and the pirate boots! bwahaha

jinzin
Who has the better Characters--- marvel has more relatable characters in my opinion... dc has the classic ones.. marvel imo has better overall..

Who has the better Stories-- in my opinion.. dc by far.. but marvel is learning...

Which one is better over all--no preference...
Which one you like better -- again.. no preference...

Who has the better movies-- as it stands now.. marvel... but batman begins kicks major major ass...
Which has the better games--don't play enough of them to know...

TwisterGameX
Which top 5 favorites, do you like in marvel and dc ? (5 each)

logiclad
I've been reading comics off and on again for over 20yrs.
At one time Teen Titans and legion of superheroes were some of my favorites. Unfortunately those are a small handful of DC that even interested me.

The reasons Teen Titans was a favorite was it provided for interesting, inspirational and mostly believable stories (apart from just heroic inspiration - actual real life interaction and relationships - provoking thought and ideas I hadn't yet experienced)

Isn't that what reading comics is all about... cool art and cool stories give inspiration and ideas to the reader ... isn't that the enjoyment?

When DC writers try to pretend that any battle with Superman, Flash, or Green Lantern (just to name a few) would really last more than 4 panels - it almost insults my intelligence - and it gets depressing to continue reading stories that I myself could end in 2 pages or less.

Then DC gets trapped into inventing new god-villains to give the god-superheroes a tough time.

At one time I thought Thor would wind up in the same boat but Marvel capitalized on the depth of Norse mythology and created a character that became interesting and different.

Tha C-Master
Marvel
DC
Tie
Tie

Games and movies, marvel.

Spiderman has had the most success with superhero games back in the seperation anxiety days.

Comic Book
Marvel
DC
Marvel
Tie

Movies and games, Marvel

JediMasterLuke5
Better Characters: DC (Superman and Batman, the 2 most well known heroes ever)
Better Stories: DC (Man do I love reading Batman and Superman)
Better Overall: DC
I like the Best: DC (becuz of Batman, Superman, and the Martian Manhunter)

Better Movies: DC (Batman Begins)
Better Games: Marvel (there hasnt been that really good of games from DC)
Better Villians: Not really sure

Comic Book
marvel > Dc Marvel has the better characters like Spiderman,Wolverine,cyclops, and so on. Dc only got Batman and Superman.

OB1-adobe
I really have to say everything is a tie man..... sorry

But Stan Lee wins best comic book guy of all time. He made what Marvel is today.

Both DC and Marvel have made there mark in a saga of stories and charecters. Most which have been the same and always be the same. Comic book will always be these characters because they are the orignals and archetypes of everything else:

DC:
Superman
Batman
Robin
Flash
Green Lantern(s)
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Hawkman
Martian man hunter
Green arrow

Marvel:
Spider-man
X-men
Daredevil
Silver Surfer
Fantastic four
Hulk
Namor
Captain America
Punisher
Ghost Rider

So I say they are both bad ass.

Good for them smile

pr1983
Originally posted by Comic Book
marvel > Dc Marvel has the better characters like Spiderman,Wolverine,cyclops, and so on. Dc only got Batman and Superman.

Wonder woman, the flashes, green lanterns and arrow, the jla, jsa etc.

OB1-adobe
The both of them have had and will continue to have moments that shine, and times where it couldn't have got much lower.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
The both of them have had and will continue to have moments that shine, and times where it couldn't have got much lower.

So very true smile

Cosmic Cube
Pfft. Marvel's stories suck.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Who has the better Characters: I'd say it's a tie
Who has the better Stories: Marvel (but I'm biased)
Which one is better over all: Marvel
Which one you like better: Marvel

Who has the better movies: Marvel (Batman Begins was awesome, but Marvel has: Spider-Man, Blade, X-Men, ect.)
Which has the better games: Definitely Marvel (The new Hulk game, X-Men Legends, X-Men Legends 2, Spider-Man 2, ect.)

who has the better characters? that would be marvel.
who has the better stories? Marvel as well.
which one is better over all? marvel
which one you like better? marval obviously.

Yeah when it comes to the movies this is a different thing entirely.
who has the better movies? D.C. no contest. marvels best movies to date are daredevil and elektra,maybe xmen as well.except elektra and daredevil could have been even better because they were too short.

where with D.C. they clearly have great magical movies with superman 1 & 2 and now thanks to batman begins,the caped crusader now has a great movie to brag about and batman has a magical movie as well.where marvels most famous character -spiderman has nothing but crappy movies to brag about.so in movies,D.C. is the clear winner.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
So very true smile

Thank you, Its nice to know when someone agrees with you. big grin

TwisterGameX
Batman and Superman or Spiderman and Wolverine. I love these 4 characters to death.

OB1-adobe
Batman and Superman or Spiderman and Wolverine. I love these 4 characters to death.

Man you and I have a lot in common.

I have a very special place for DC in my heart. Its the ones I have known the longest, the ones I have always been the most familiar with.

The year was 1984, and the Kenner Super Powers collection came out.

My 1st figure: SUPERMAN, my second: BATMAN

Then everything else after that:
Aquaman
Green Lantern
Lex Luthor
Brainiac
Joker
Penguin
Hawkman
Wonder woman
Robin
the flash
The hall of justice
the Batmobile

and I still have them
Oh the glory days
cool

TwisterGameX
http://comics.ign.com/articles/666/666073p1.html

newjak86
Who has the better Characters: Tie For each Batman or Superman there is a Thor or Wolverine.
Who has the better Stories: Both have had their momnets but DC right now
Which one is better over all: Both have sterngths and weaknesses so no preference
Which one you like better: Toss up I like both alot and both have had classic moments.

Who has the better movies: I'm gonna say DC. The Batman Movie and the first and second one of the old Batman Movies and the Old Superman Movies. Basically right now really all Marvel has is Blade and Spiderman
Which has the better games: Marvel by far with classics like X-Men Legends and the old X-Men game for the arcade. The Spiderman games also have been great.
Best Villians: I'm going to say DC has the better Villians. On Marvel you have people like Apocaplyse and Juggernaut and Thanos but then you go to DC and you can just start naming classic villians. The Joker, Pre-C Darkseid, Brainac, Lex Luther, Lobo, Deathstroke, Imperiex, Doomsday, Cyborg Superman. Every name from DC seems to have been a great concept when they first came in and Marvel's top bad guys always seem to be cheao knockoffs of the DC ones.

Mindship
Ok

Better characters: years ago I woulda said Marvel in a split-second. Now, not so sure. DC has come a long ways with its top guns. I especially like the character interplay among the JLAers.
Better stories: same comment as above. I don't like that Marvel has been amping so many of its characters to gimme-a-break levels. Diminishes their once-superior believability factor and makes them look like their playing "catch-up" with DC.
Better overall & like better: well, since I've only been buying DC lately, I guess the answer to that is obvious.
Better movies: so far, Marvel is ahead. IMO, Spiderman 2 just barely beats out Superman 2, and largely because of the FX.
Better games: can't say, I avoid that particular addiction.

Ultimate Hulk43
Who has the better Characters:Tie
Who has the better Stories: DC from what I've heard and the few comics I've read.
Which one is better overall: DC
Which one you like better: DC

Who has the better movies:Marvel
Which has the better games: Definitely Marvel but DC will get some games soon enough that will be as good as Marvel's
Best Villains:Marvel

Cyber Ninja
Ok now that new books are out. Who wins.

eleveninches
Who has the better Characters..... DC
Who has the better Stories......DC
Which one is better over all.......DC
Which one you like better........DC

Who has the better movies....DC
Which has the better games....Marvel

Cyber Ninja
lol well said

Lord Magnus
Marvel owns (although Begins was twitchy)

Knightfall93
OK...
Best characters: Got to be DC
Best stories: DC, without a doubt
Overall: DC
Favourite: DC

Films: Its a tie. I'd say Marvel but Begins plus old material like the Supermans make it a tie! Soon it'll be DC cos Green Lantern, Flash, and more Batmans are coming, and soon will be Supes Returns!
Games: Marvel, but not for long! Batman Begins was cool... and with a GL movie in the works, they'd be awesome games!

Lighthammer
Better Characters: DC
Better Stories: DC
Overall: DC
Like: DC
Movies: Marvel
Games: Marvel
Seriously the Marvel writers basically gave up( not defeated I mean got lazy) when they created the mutants because then they don't have to write how they got thie rpowers. It's a travesty. And they hav two many X-men I mean if you added up the number of X-mMena gaisnt the rest of the Mavrel Unibverse the X-Men would have mor e people.And I did'nt like whhow their rstarting their comics from the bginning toa appease to younger eaders. At least DC has the guts to try and pullsoff the multiverse thing to get new heros instead o being lazy and starting over.
DC rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Imean the only Marvel characters tha I would put inmy top 20 are Blade and Colouss. As in the pilot of the super nerd Nuff Siad!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.