Qui Gon Jinn vs Darth MAul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Admiral Akbar
Before you all start screaming at me. I made this thread because i was wondering why Qui Gon Jin was meditating during the duel.(when he dropped down on his kness and closed his eyes.) Was he opening himself up into the force? Or was he just resting because he was tired as hell....

I also think that together Obi wan and Jin were capable of beating Maul, but because they were constantly seperated, it made it a 1v1. Ideas anyone?

darthsith19
Something like that, yeah.

Oh, and this thread is stupid seeing as Darth Maul would obviously beat Qui-Gon Jinn.

Darth_Veav
His saving up strength. Remember KOTOR II? Sion adn Vissas was meditating to save strength for battle.

Tangible God
Imagine Qui-Gon, one of the most powerful Jedi at the time, just standing there and looking at Maul. He'd be kinda dumb lookin wouldn't ya think.

Plus, since Maul beat Kwi-Gone in a fair fight, with no kinks or variables, he's stronger.

Admiral Akbar
Yet, Qui Gon Jiin doesnt use strength, ataru focuses with the force, he dident have the physical strength...

Admiral Akbar
Yes, he did beat Qui Gon is a str8 fight, but that was 1v1, and Jinn was doing very well,. the fight lasted at most 10min. But I dont belive Maul could beat them both without seperating them, that was his strategy kill one fight the other.

DarthMaul9123
maul took him to the school house in episode one y should he not be able to do it again

Admiral Akbar
Ok, this thread is about why Qui Gon was meditating during the fight, not who would win. I just put that title so this thread wouldent get moved. And Qui GOn might not be better than Maul, but Obi Wan and QUi gon togther as a team, not speperated would win IMO. Only according to the movie one of them had to die.

Tengu Man
when obi wan fought vader he paused and i guess meditated for a little bit before he was killed, i would assume qui gon was doing the same thing when he faught maul.

Fishy
Why? He wasn't expecting to get killed...

It seems to me that QGJ just wanted to clear his mind, remove his emotions and prepare for the fight through the force. He wanted to be calm when he would continue the fight.

Deus Ex
It was to show contrast between the jedi and the Sith; Qui-Gon was passive, and took the break from the battle to center himself. Maul was pensive, angry, and impatient. He paced like a trapped animal.

And obviously Maul found Qui-Gon's weak point... apparently it was a good defense followed by a good counter attack.

overlord
Only Maul suddenly letting Obi Wan cutting him in two was a little weird.

Deus Ex
So was Yoda being too weak to defeat Sidious, or Anakin being the Chosen ONe. Prequels are sketchy at best.

overlord
Here comes Obi Wan flying from a hole wich you are looking down at, you see him flying over your head, you let him cut you up just a bit, suddenly you realise that your dead.. Pretty weak ending for Maul.

Admiral Akbar
Yes, but what strikes me interested is that Ataru requires a lot of room, for fast agile movements, and Qui GOn was being pushed back, almost cornered. Or maybe he was just really tired, anyways I think OBi Wan and Jiin together would have beat Maul. In an area with less space. IMO

Tangible God
It all seemed very convenient. The whole falling off the platforms and the pointless forcefields. Maul separates Kwy-Gone and Obie-Trice just long enough to kill Gin.

Darth_Glentract
I just thought it necessary to clear up a mistake I made about Maul before his fight with Qui-gon and Obi-wan. I said he was ambused by Sand People. It was actually Togorian Pirates.

Deus Ex
Togorian pirates could punk the hell out of a lot of people... assuming that Togorians ever left their homeland. But I think I ranted this before.

Darth_Glentract
Yes, you did. One Togorian almost killed Qui-gon, but that was a extremly powerful Togorian. Also, it appears many males left the planet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.