What If You Know Someone on KMC?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedAlertv2
Wouldnt it be crazy to find out someone you know on KMC happened to be someone you know in real life? What would you do if they were?

SnakeEyes
That would be pretty crazy. Sometimes I see people at school that I kind of associate with a KMC member, but then just brush off that idea because it seems dumb.

RedAlertv2
Yeah I know waht you mean. Theres this guy on KMC who is seriously almost exactly like someone from my school but isnt even from the same state as me.

Spelljammer
I may know Carla soon an rl, then we can be the bane of Florida AND KMC together! \m/ evil face \m/

Sir Mist
Amazing...Kosta lives near meshock

Acherontia
Somebody I know from RL joined KMC becuase of me... She left after 2 posts, but still.

MetallicaT
that happend to me on another message board. i never talked to the person much but it was still pretty cool when i realized it..we became good friends after that

GuitarBunny
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
That would be pretty crazy. Sometimes I see people at school that I kind of associate with a KMC member, but then just brush off that idea because it seems dumb. Same here. I know some people here who look and even act like people in my school & neighborhood but i never approach them on it.

Clovie
I am 100% sure that there is no one who I know IRL here.

BlackC@t
If I found out someone I knew came on to KMC I'd tell them to stay the Hell away from my forum stick out tongue

Everytime I see someone from New Zealand I freak out thinking they could be someone I know. Like one of my enimies or something.

Imaginary
I was in the chatroom of another forum, and my RL friend and I were talking to this girl who also lived in Sydney, around our age. We were questioning each other and she told us what school she went to and her real name. I then asked my friend who also went that school if she knew anyone by her name, and my friend said. "Yes, you do too. She's Conor's ex girlfriend."

Needless to say, my head was spinning for the rest of the night.

Alpha Centauri
Already happened for me, just the one person though. Although I've met someone off KMC before.

So met one person, know one person.

-AC

PVS
i wouldnt be surprised. there are so many people registered here, and its a small world *oh great, now i have that frikin song in my head!!! DAMN YOU DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

botankus
Originally posted by Acherontia
Somebody I .............. joined KMC becuase of me... She left after 2 posts, but still.

Well, that just described about 77,000 of the 78,000 registered members at KMC.

Scarlet
This would be, odd

Sadako of Girth
I too have met someone from KMC.... And a superb gig it was at too...

Alpha Centauri
That actually freaked me out you know. Just randomly standing there and I heard "Alpha Centauri..." so I think "Nahhh...must be an At the Drive-In fan or something." Turned around to see some guy looking at me, so I thought it was just because I turned around.

Tap on the shoulder..."You're not Alpha Centauri from KMC forums are you?"

What are the odds though eh? You heading to any other gigs this year in London?

-AC

Deano
who was it who you met?

Alpha Centauri
Sadako was behind me at the Fantomas gig. Spoke to him briefly. Good guy.

-AC

Deano
cool, well i havent met anyone from kmc. ive talked to a few people who live very close to where i am

TheQuincy
Well lets find out for sure guys. I'm Colin Vigneault. from Mass.

Capt_Fantastic
I've introduced several people to the forums, who post here now, but I've not ever met anyone one from here in the real world.

Spelljammer
I'd love to meet Deano, then we could do like Jay & Silent Bob, track down where the rest of KMC's members live, and beat the hell out of them one by one.. And ofcourse Deano gets a big ass hammer named Mjnor that can cause electrical currents and a badass utility belt, where as I design the first lightsaber and am profficent with The Force.. stick out tongue

Deano
haha yeh that would be somethingbig grin

Bardock42
Originally posted by Spelljammer
I'd love to meet Deano, then we could do like Jay & Silent Bob, track down where the rest of KMC's members live, and beat the hell out of them one by one.. And ofcourse Deano gets a big ass hammer named Mjnor that can cause electrical currents and a badass utility belt, where as I design the first lightsaber and am profficent with The Force.. stick out tongue

Shouldn't the Hammer be called Mjolnir....

And what a rather Strange occurence there Sadako and AC......I mean still if someone would look similar in Real Life I wouldn't really ask them if they are........

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Turned around to see some guy looking at me

I was also at this gig, but I couldn't be bothered to turn around.

When I knew that some guy was looking at AC though, it was just a normal turn of events as far as I was concerned.

Alpha Centauri
Oh how the wit astounds me.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Aha Centauri
Oh how the wit astounds me.

-AC

True though.

Alpha Centauri
Not even going to get into it any further on the forum.

-AC

Fishy
Don't know everybody from real life that posts here.. Maybe they know me but I doubt it, almost everybody knows my nickname so they would probably know its me. Besides there aren't a lot of Dutch people here.

Spelljammer
I wouldn't visit AC's house though. I'd probably catch him in his mother's clothes wearing a boa pouring hot wax on his nipples or something..

He'd be like that one freak from Little Nickey. XD

Alpha Centauri
That was in-depth enough to suggest that you are the one who does it.

-AC

Clovie
Originally posted by Spelljammer
I wouldn't visit AC's house though. I'd probably catch him in his mother's clothes wearing a boa pouring hot wax on his nipples or something..

He'd be like that one freak from Little Nickey. XD *imagines AC wearing a boa* droolio

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Clovie
*imagines AC wearing a boa* droolio

roll eyes (sarcastic)

There are actually several similar photos in various little known publications.

Clovie
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
There are actually several similar photos in various little known publications. whaaa? blink

Alpha Centauri
He's being comical.

-AC

Clovie
oh.. I didn't get it.

Alpha Centauri
Word to advice to anyone not English: Not everything is literal.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Ki-kind of a development on what I just said isn't it.

In fact, just the thing, with no development.

Clovie
Word to advice to anyone not English: Not everything is literal.

-AC but I didn't understand what he's saying in the first place..

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Ki-kind of a development on what I just said isn't it.

In fact, just the thing, with no development. and again not following blink

Victor Von Doom
Let it go...

Clovie
I guess that's the only possibility..

Lana
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway, I've met two people from KMC, am planning to at some point meet a few others, and I've introduced a bunch of my friends to this place, though I don't think any of them post anymore.

Clovie
*wonders who can be the second person Lana met*

Bardock42

Bardock42

wonders who the first person is.....maybe Ush? ....or Raz......or AC.....or something....

Lana

A girl who used to post in the anime forum and who lives not far from me, we were both going to an anime convention and decided to meet up. I don't think she posts here anymore.

Clovie
so no one I know..

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Wouldnt it be crazy to find out someone you know on KMC happened to be someone you know in real life? What would you do if they were? I wonder that while I'm at the library sometimes.

PINBALL
I know like four people from kmc

DarkC
Wouldnt it be crazy to find out someone you know on KMC happened to be someone you know in real life? What would you do if they were?
Faint. That's what I'd do.

Sadako of Girth
That actually freaked me out you know. Just randomly standing there and I heard "Alpha Centauri..." so I think "Nahhh...must be an At the Drive-In fan or something." Turned around to see some guy looking at me, so I thought it was just because I turned around.

Tap on the shoulder..."You're not Alpha Centauri from KMC forums are you?"

What are the odds though eh? You heading to any other gigs this year in London?

-AC

LOL Yeah... That was truely odds-tastic! The chances of that are comparable to the long odds weirdness of the coincidences in the TV show "LOST"...!

Going to see Joss Stone with my GF in Dec, but apart from that no other gigs planned so far.... (Did actually play at 'Greenwich Royal Park' with my band on Sept 11 this year though... It was a t a diabetes charity fundraiser.....)

Fantomas/Joss Stone.... Now hows THAT for diversity....?!!!?? lol

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by PINBALL
I know like four people from kmc

But you didn't meet them ON KMC, correct?

bardock
i would say, like hey i know you

FeceMan
Who were the people rambling about how Buddhism isn't a religion? Some guy was doing that at one of my clubs...

DarkC
There's this guy in my high school that looks a lot like Kosta.

Spelljammer
I'm glad none of you have met me, everyone at past forums who has have said the same thing..
"You sound childish.."
"I was expecting something more.. menacing.."

Well excuse me, we all can't be Sean Connery. >: \

La Vierge
I know the following peeps personally: Commando Queen, RaeRox, and shazam_in_sinc. Also someone lives neer me.

Kosta
I know a couple people on KMC personally, Mist lives a ten minute walk away from me. The others never really post anymore.

DarkC
Originally posted by Kosta
I know a couple people on KMC personally, Mist lives a ten minute walk away from me. The others never really post anymore.
Damn you! You get to talk to Mist. erm

silver_tears
He's not all that exciting stick out tongue rather shy actually, contrary to his online persona roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
Hopefully I'll have met Lana by the end of the year.

Due to the location of many KMCers I'm interested in or am friends with (which is a one handed amount) I can't really meet or know anyone. Besides one, and that's a curse more than a gift.

Though I do live near Kosta, he just doesn't know it.

-AC

silver_tears
Now I'm just confused laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
Disclaimer: I don't actually live near Kosta. That was just a random addition to my post.

-AC

DarkC
(frustrated sigh)

Still, it'd be a novelty to be able to talk to someone you've known and yet never known for a long time.

silver_tears
So why mist? confused

DarkC
Because he'd be a bit of a laugh to talk with. stick out tongue

silver_tears
Ah righto

Lana
Hopefully I'll have met Lana by the end of the year.

Yeah, hopefully....that'd be pretty cool if we did big grin

DarkC
Disclaimer: I don't actually live near Kosta. That was just a random addition to my post.

-AC
(loud boo)

Dr. Strangelove
Ronny thought she saw me at Tower, but it wasn't me. Hope to meet her sometime, would be very cool.

Bardock42, I'll probably meet sometime in the future when he comes flying in his spaceship, fish in ear, and drunker than Joe Namath on a Friday night.

DarkC
I'd probably want to meet Syren, AC, or Ronny first.

Commando Queen
happend to me alloredy.. she was in my orchestra clas... la verigae or whatever.. carla as i know her.. ya we were all freaking out when we found out

Victor Von Doom

Due to the location of many KMCers I'm interested in or am friends with (which is a one handed amount) I can't really meet or know anyone. Besides one, and that's a curse more than a gift.

You wouldn't exist were it not for me.

Alpha Centauri
Would.

You don't exist anyway.

-AC

Clovie
I wanna just say that it's not fair that no one lives anywhere close to me schmoll

DarkC
I wanna just say that it's not fair that no one lives anywhere close to me schmoll
Nor me!

Imaginary
Originally posted by DarkC
Nor me!

Me either. BakaXero is probably the closest to me.

masterkit
acually it was weird I met Son of Boromir and he happened to be my best friend i knew from PEE-SKOOL

Spearhead
Um, well, I do know a few people IRL who come here as well...no biggie.

btw, if anyone thinks they might know me in person, you're wrong...I'm much nicer in RL then here...

thestarwarsman
It could be a good deal, but then again I think everyone has a mental picture of someone and if you were to meet them it would destroy that.

masterkit
my mental pic is there avatar even if it is a planet (no offence Captain Rex)

olchik
I think it's fun! Then you can communicate both in real life and in internet. It's even more interesting

hawkwind
pvs rules

dragon milly
Well actually there is someone I would like to get to know much better. Not saying who though. wink

botankus
Originally posted by dragon milly
Well actually there is someone I would like to get to know much better. Not saying who though. wink

Just because it's KidRock shouldn't make you embarrassed. wink

Raven Guardia
I don't tell any of my friends in RL about this place, it would just be weird if they came here.....but some people I seen here live in the same state as me (PA) but I only ever saw like 3 people besides me here from PA.

lilmisskitten
I Totally no people on KMC smile .......i'm sure i saw deano before though erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.