the under presure song from my chemical romance and the used.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cool_dudes_rule
has anybody heard this song before "under presure" i think david bowie and queen sang it before but the used and my chemical romance done it aswell.

bardock
yeah

Alpha Centauri
The fact that people are giving Bert McCracken and Gerard Way more credit for the song than the people who made it is despicable.

The fact that they even touched the song is blasphemy.

-AC

KharmaDog
First Vanilla Ice and then this. Why can't people just leave good music alone?

Alpha Centauri
At LEAST he borrowed just the bassline (NOT condoning it). This is just terrible though. I mean sure, they may love the song. That doesn't mean they should go do it.

-AC

cool_dudes_rule
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I mean sure, they may love the song. That doesn't mean they should go do it.

-AC what? confused well if they like the song why cant they sing it its not like its against the law or something its just like, example: busted sang teenage kicks but it was the undertones who sang it first so busted might liked the song so they sang it. so what kinda point you trying to make.

papabeard
Busted, My Chemical Romance and The Used,
Im sensing you have terrible taste in music

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by cool_dudes_rule
what? confused well if they like the song why cant they sing it its not like its against the law or something its just like, example: busted sang teenage kicks but it was the undertones who sang it first so busted might liked the song so they sang it. so what kinda point you trying to make.

I'm not TRYING to make any point. The point I made is that being a fan of a song does not mean you should go cover it.

-AC

Lana
Don't cover a song unless you have the ability to do it well, and there are certain songs that simply shouldn't be touched, period.

StinkFist462
Nirvana shouldn't be touched. every cover i heard of their songs sucks. like royally sucks.

Swanky-Tuna
I must hear these covers!

Originally posted by StinkFist462
Nirvana shouldn't be touched. every cover i heard of their songs sucks. like royally sucks.
Even the live cover of teen spirit Pearl Jam did?

Alpha Centauri
Cave In covered Breed and it's really good. But they're a better band than Nirvana.

-AC

mr.smiley
The vocals of MCR and the used can't touch Bowie and Freddie Mercury.

Swanky-Tuna
Yikes, these covers blow. They're not even funny like the Avril cover of Chop Suey. The flaming lips one wasn't that bad though.

StinkFist462
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Even the live cover of teen spirit Pearl Jam did?

nope.

ElectricBugaloo
it's like doing a cover of a beatles song. just stupid.

Darth Revan
Sort of ironic, then, that "Yesterday" is the most covered song of all time...

Alpha Centauri
I'm not too bothered if it's someone with talent doing it in their own way and doing it well. Or even just doing a copy and doing it well.

Some songs just shouldn't be covered, this is one. Though I'd like to see Maynard and Cornell cover it. Or Bowie and Maynard, they're really good together.

-AC

Lana
I think if Maynard and Cornell, or Maynard and Bowie covered it, it would be good....very good combos there, and they're all very talented.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Sort of ironic, then, that "Yesterday" is the most covered song of all time...
Really? I heard Every Breath You Take would be iot.

I personally haven't heard the songs...but it seems to be rather common that songs get covered again (not always bad but majority wise they suck) .... what I really don't like is if the Covering Artists get all the Credit although not changing the song a bit (or only slightly) ....

I mean Father and Son, Tommorow Never Comes sound exactly the same by the Original Artists as by the KEaton Person.......just not cool....

el_barto
Some songs just arent meant to be touched, and Under Pressure is one of them.

bardock
tell that to the iceman

cool_dudes_rule
Originally posted by papabeard
Busted, My Chemical Romance and The Used,
Im sensing you have terrible taste in music no, one thing busted i hate the most out all bands the used some of there songs are alright my chemical romance there ok.

papabeard
The singer from My Chemical Romance is a fat girl, and their music is so derivative, weak and pointless.

cool_dudes_rule
Originally posted by papabeard
The singer from My Chemical Romance is a fat girl, and their music is so derivative, weak and pointless. a fat girl?

el_barto
http://www.youtube.com/?v=2ebZZh_Rb7I

What a disgrace to music.

cool_dudes_rule
wow i didn't know this was still going on.

Slay

tinkerbell668
ew no one likes MCR.....grooody....I dont really like the used either...a bunch of whinners.

Makedde
No one can sing 'Under Pressure' like Freddy Mercury. Leave the song alone, do not copy it.

LiveAndLetDie
This remake was an insult to Freddie's memory....Good god.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.