Why didn't Bond go after Irma Bunt?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordofwar
I wish Bond would have killed off that German *****. She was such a hateful character in OHMSS. She was the one (not Blofield) that pulled the trigger and killed Tracy Bond. He should be finding the one who shot his wife.

Clovie
but he was too broken to do anything..

yerssot
they were going to do it, it was planned... DAF starts with Bond killing SPECTRE agents and that stayed but originally he was looking for her, yes...
Only problem is: the woman that played her died a month or two later due to a heartattack so they cancelled the plans

lordofwar
They could just change the actress. Look at how many actors played Blofield.

yerssot
you're right there, but for some reason they simply gave up on that idea and went to an entire new story

it would have been of course better if they did go after her and that she got killed but don't forget that in one of the drafts the brother of Auric Goldfinger would be the mainvillain... ... sometimes they do such things messed

Ahnold
Originally posted by yerssot
They were going to do it, it was planned... DAF starts with Bond killing SPECTRE agents and that stayed but originally he was looking for her, yes...

Only problem is: the woman that played her died a month or two later due to a heartattack so they cancelled the plans.

Originally posted by lordofwar
They could just change the actress. Look at how many actors played Blofield.

Originally posted by yerssot
You're right there, but for some reason they simply gave up on that idea and went to an entire new story.

Heh - y'know it's funny. I made a thread on this EXACT same topic about, oh, 18 months ago. And I never got an answer to my query. But now it seems that you, old boy, have known the truth all along! Heh - you've been holding out on me all this time stick out tongue ; unless, of course, you only recently found out this information ...

Still ... it's nice to finally know the truth. What's your source on this info, btw?

yerssot
Originally posted by Ahnold
Heh - y'know it's funny. I made a thread on this EXACT same topic about, oh, 18 months ago. And I never got an answer to my query. But now it seems that you, old boy, have known the truth all along! Heh - you've been holding out on me all this time stick out tongue ; unless, of course, you only recently found out this information ...

Still ... it's nice to finally know the truth. What's your source on this info, btw?
unfortunatly, old chap, I found the info after the question got raised again... Mi6 (mi6.co.uk) just had her section updated with trivia about said movie that revealed it

Head Honcho
He didn't go after Irma BUNT yeah. But I think this is only because the producers were grateful to her indeed. A married "family Father" Bond would be the last thing the producers would ever want. In fact Bunt had saved them of lots of troubles such as portraying him as an obsessed adulterer smile Banging girls faster only to return home earlier with grocery bags and bring medication for their new-born babies etc.

So since they were so grateful to "Fraulein Bunt" that they'd just let go of the character smile instead of just replacing her after the actress died.

Cheers,
Kerem E

Darth Martin
Why didn't Lazenby return for the role?

Answer: Nas said Life's A ***** in 1994.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.