Anakin and lava?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Budgie
I've read a few people saying that anakin falls into lava and thats how he has a robotic body. How do you know this??

Corran
'cos you've just told us!! laughing out loud

Gundark
That is one of the oldest rumours in SW history.

[Ben Kenobi]
I doubt the lava theory because nobody ever gets away with losing a few arms or limbs being burned by lava, its more likely all of your body would melt in an instant.

I'd say obi wan cuts him to bits but i doubt George Lucas would push it that far in a film for kids and adults alike.

LaurenE147
I think that the lava theory is the best we have to go on and the most likely to happen. Even though it's suspected I think that GL will find a way to make it so cool that we won't care that its not a surprise.

Gundark
Maybe he's not actually "enveloped" in lava. Maybe like bits of lava explode or shower over him and destroy parts of him.

Dexx
Yeah...Anakin won't fall into a bowl of lava. Perhaps there would be some lava spread out on the floor in wich he falls after one of Obi's manuver. Maybe Sidious walks in just after and pulls him out revealing himself.

[Ben Kenobi]
I'm pretty sure that during the battle Obi-Wan will try and lure Anakin back from the darkside.

I'm hoping for a 'ANAKIN!! LOOK OUT!!!' as the bits of lava (like Gundark said) shower him from Obi-Wan.

It might explain why Obi-Wan goes into hiding abit more, perhaps he feels also guilty about severly wounding Anakin (perhaps by accident).

Emperor Helmet
What we think is going to happen, never happens at this stage in the game. So I don't believe the lava idea is going to happen.

Dexx
the lava is an old rumour. It will happen...now we're just questioning how....Unless GL readz this post and changes the script just to proove us wrong

yerssot
I'm also of the opinion we won't see it

Dexx
Letz make a poll

Ushgarak
Just so everyone knows:

The lava thing appaeared in the original ROTJ script and in the novel, something that Ben tells Luke on Dagobah. It was also reputedly filmed but not used.

Hence it entered fan lore as the reason why Vader needs the suit. But, that SAME conversation also said that Owen Lars was Obi-Wan's brother. This, clearly, has been changed since then, so none of that conversation is necessarily true.

So whether you believe in the lava thing or not is up to you.

But, you know, Helmet, just because people think it does not mean it won't happen. Some things are rather obvious, of course, like most people were certain that Shmi would die in episode 2.

Bespin Bart
And I'm sure that people were sure that Anakin would go beserk on who ever made her die.

Halba
I read somewhere that he infact falls into the lava pit, but the Emperor has powers to remove him out of it. Essentially the transition to Vader is complete with the Emperors help (somehow he used the dark side to repair him), thus the reason why VADER is so OBEDIENT to EMPEROR in 5,6.

So in turn...ANAKIN basically dies....EMPEROR basically puts dark force into good-guy anakin...
but of course a tiny part of him is anakin..which appears at end of ROTJ

yerssot
so Vader didn't listen to the emp in 4?

reminder: novels (perhaps radiodramas, haven't heared those) can be wrong sometimes! (Owen and OB1 brothers...)

Halba
THE EMPEROR WASN'T EVEN IN EP 4
thats why i didn't add it in!!!

yerssot
he was around, just not in the movie

Halba
okay fair enuff
just my point is that vader was obedient to emp coz emp resurrected him as such in 3
have u heard anythiung like this? i can't find where i found this info..just somewhere off the net..thanks

I've been majorly into SW for the past 2 months =))))
I have been a FAN officially for that much time, as i only watched all the movies about 2 months ago.

yerssot
I heared a stormtrooper pulled him out...

Gundark
No way. It has to be by the hand of Sidious himself. The whole downfall of Anakin is because of his own conflicting emotions which he is unable to control, the atrocities and unfairness his life has dealt him; and the subtle urging of Sidious, which Anakin himself is unaware of.

yerssot
like said, I only heared it, it's not necessarily the truth

Dexx
*Sidious pulls Annie out of hot, still juicy lava*
Anakin: thanks......is there anything i can do for you, for saving me?
Sidious: Join me and together we will destroy the Jedi, Mwahahahahaha.......so whatya say?
Anakin:......hmmmmm........Ok!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.