See what the UN has done to the US

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Erebus
How Somalians feel about the US, http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b//hotzone/blogs/999

Even though this was a UN action they totally blame the US for their problems. We may have been trying to help them but they don't see it that way. I'm sure many in the Balkans feel the same way.

We need to withdraw from this useless body and quit interfering with other countries.

KidRock
Because the rest of the world are idiots.

Whirlysplatt
Don't believe every web blog that you read children laughing out loud

jaden101
Originally posted by KidRock
Because the rest of the world are idiots.

laughing laughing laughing laughing

thats funny on so many levels that there barely a yank that would comprehend it...especially not the writer

Spelljammer
I'm not getting a page player, it says "yahoo, sorry, couldn't find this blahblahblah"

I can't really give an opinion untill I can actually READ this essay.. But I doubt I'd go as far as KidRock to say the world is stupid, nor that America is not an important part in keeping the world safe and secure..

Deano
kidrock provides great comedy.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Deano

We are all but players and the world is our stage - Many of us provide great comedy at times - You yourself on occasion smile

Clovie
Originally posted by KidRock
Because the rest of the world are idiots. so big wise America has to take care of them?

Deano
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
We are all but players and the world is our stage - Many of us provide great comedy at times - You yourself on occasion smile

yeh but kidrock is a genius at unintentional comedy

Darth_Erebus
I can't get the link to work for some reason. It's a group of Somalians who blame the US for the deaths of their family members durint the supposedly UN intervention in their country a decade ago. It's all too typical of how much of the world feels about the US, especially since the Iraq invasion. Personally if people are going to hate us I'd prefer it be because of what we have done alone, not what we have done in the name of the world.

Deano
http://www.rense.com/1.imagesH/grandtheft.jpg

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
I can't get the link to work for some reason. It's a group of Somalians who blame the US for the deaths of their family members durint the supposedly UN intervention in their country a decade ago. It's all too typical of how much of the world feels about the US, especially since the Iraq invasion. Personally if people are going to hate us I'd prefer it be because of what we have done alone, not what we have done in the name of the world.
True, I always thought our country should say "screw you" to the rest of the world and think about our own people. Healthcare, jobs, social security, we could use the money for much better things.

But then I can see why KidRock is upset. Despite him not directly saying it because he knows not how too, he's pissed off because the world asks us for money and favours CONSTANTLY but doesn't want us to ever interfere. If we're going to provide for you, then we're going to set some ground rules. If you want us to treat you like a child, then you're going to be so. The minute your precious United Nations decides to stop sucking on the teet of the United States funds, the sooner they'll end policing the world..

Also I don't like how all this preassure is on Bush over Iraq when as you stated, this is beef from 10 years ago. Ten years ago Bill Clinton (a democrat) was president.. So then this isn't a conservative thing, it's an American thing. And I think the world is just as much to blame for our goverment playing judge, jury, and executioner just as much the as American goverment itself..

Spelljammer
http://www.rense.com/1.imagesH/grandtheft.jpg
laughing out loud

I sucked at that game. I preferred the police version "True Crime streets of L.A." but that game wasn't too well for me either. Though I did alot better then my republican cousin.

Adam was constantly complained over, he was dubbed a loose cannon who couldn't be trusted, so he didn't have to do alot of missions, and the missions he did have were ussualy very dangerous, if I didn't know any better I'd say they were hoping he died when he went on these mafia beatdowns..

I was just considered incompetant. My car always got stolen, about the only thing I was good at was searching people, and come hell to high water before I take on anyone with an gatling gun.. so they gave me "baby" missions like bringing down a prostitution ring and fist-fighting with a bunch of crackwhores and a limping pimp..

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by Spelljammer

But then I can see why KidRock is upset. Despite him not directly saying it because he knows not how too, he's pissed off because the world asks us for money and favours CONSTANTLY but doesn't want us to ever interfere. If we're going to provide for you, then we're going to set some ground rules. If you want us to treat you like a child, then you're going to be so. The minute your precious United Nations decides to stop sucking on the teet of the United States funds, the sooner they'll end policing the world..

This is true to some extent but the US takes the "ground rules" thing too far sometimes. A few months ago the US offered Brazil money (Brazil didn't ask) to help fight AIDS....with the condition: Brazil outlaw prostitution, which is legal there. Brazil told the US to F.UCK OFF. Good for Brazil.

As an American I can certainly feel the disenchantment over how the world always wants our money but will turn on us in a second. On the other hand I can see how people in other nations can feel resentment when we come across with the "our way or the highway" attitude. Personally I'm all for isolationism. We need to withdraw from all international bodies, not just the UN. When countries have a problem it's their problem, not ours.

manny321
IMO Iraq was all the US idea so they should be blamed for that whole mess. Plus the US has no resources for itself really. It needs the world as much as the world needs it.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by manny321
IMO Iraq was all the US idea so they should be blamed for that whole mess. Plus the US has no resources for itself really. It needs the world as much as the world needs it.
That's big coporation's fault. If we banned alot of this overseas trading bullcrap. We'd get rid of alot of injustices like the sweatshops in Tawiwann. It would also help our economy. Not right away, infact for probably a decade things would really suck. But after going through the cacoon stage, our economical catipilar will blossom into a big and powerful butterfly..

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by jaden101
laughing laughing laughing laughing

thats funny on so many levels that there barely a yank that would comprehend it...especially not the writer

It would be unwise to return the same logic that has been tossed out by the very poster you refute.

manny321
However you lack much oil to sustain such a large econemy. Yes there is some in the gulf but without imports it would be gone very fast.

Whirlysplatt
yeh but kidrock is a genius at unintentional comedy

laughing true smile

Spelljammer
However you lack much oil to sustain such a large econemy. Yes there is some in the gulf but without imports it would be gone very fast.
I think this is a conspiracy by our goverment to fund terrorism. We could easily build hybrid cars or make a free public transporation. Hell, someone even invented a hydro car that ran on water!

But then how would the fatcats get thier meow mix..

manny321
Yeah but you really think people in the suburbs will give up there cars that fast.

KidRock

Unlike British comics cool

Spelljammer
Yeah but you really think people in the suburbs will give up there cars that fast.
Depends. I'd have to bend the wills of both Sean Hannity and Larry King to speak on behalf of this cause to "Strengthen America" and get both party platforms on my side.. I could see it now..

Sean Hannity: The sleeping dog needs to wakeup! Our economy is going down the tubes thanks to the democrats, it's been like this sense the Clinton administration! Our only hope is to listen to SpellJammer's plan to help the economy and stay out of foreign affairs!
Allan Colmes: Can I say something?
Sean Hannity: No *****! *slap!*

Larry King: SpellJammer is a brave man to question the right's oversea trade scheme! The coporate agenda to destroy America is coming to a close, no longer will our cars be run on blood and oil, but on water and electricity! SpellJammer is going to help "evolve" our economy and our way of living!
SpellJammer: Dude, how old ARE you?! Did you like sell your soul or something?!
Larry King: Luckily that was off-air time. Exnay on the contract with Mephistophelesay..

Darth_Erebus

Alternative technology is already available to oil but the government buys up every patent in it's quest to cater to the oil lobby, but that isn't what this thread is about.

jaden101
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
It would be unwise to return the same logic that has been tossed out by the very poster you refute.

its got nothing to do with logic my friend...and i do believe the point has already been proven several times in this thread already

finti
I really would love to see what countries you aim at and what favours you are refering too

Ulven
If you people think that the United States economy would blossom without trade you'r blind and deaf.

And hybrid cars aren't an option yet, and probably won't be for a long time. If you can find one single hybrid car or similar that are cheap enough to produce at a high rate I'd be VERY surprised. All the major car companies are working to develop hybrid cars, and the gains for the companies would be tremendous, so I'll bet they'd brag all about it if they managed to make it practical.

And the US economy aren't going all that well if you haven't figured it out, it's like an baloon waiting to implode. Here is a link to your debt wink
worldnewsstand.net/history/your_debt.htm
--
Edit: had to cut away the www. part because of the new member spam control, but this isn't spam so I tricked it.
--
And US don't have enough oil to cover it's needs even now, one of the major reasons that the russian are expanding their oil/gas production in the Barents sea is to export it to USA.

Bardock42

finti
actually dumb is all thats needed

that would have a devastating effect on the worlds economy though

Bardock42
Originally posted by finti
actually dumb is all thats needed

that would have a devastating effect on the worlds economy though

Not really....we need deaf and blind...bercause: "The Deaf Dumb and Blind Kid sure plays a mean Pinball"

and yes...that would very much suck for most countries....but it is probably true none-the-less

finti
ohh now we are getting into the great stuff

debbiejo
So buy American products.... yes ....Don't let us slip away...we'll only pull you down with ussssssssssssssss..

This advertizement paid for by the "Buy American Products co".

Spelljammer
Originally posted by debbiejo
So buy American products.... yes ....Don't let us slip away...we'll only pull you down with ussssssssssssssss..

This advertizement paid for by the "Buy American Products co".
Why do you think I said to ban overseas trading? Then people would HAVE to buy American products and slowly build our economy up from the ground up.

I never said it would be easy. But then what is?

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Spelljammer
Why do you think I said to ban overseas trading? Then people would HAVE to buy American products and slowly build our economy up from the ground up.

I never said it would be easy. But then what is?

Ban over sea trading?! Jesus! That would bring the economy crashing down around us!

The sudden down turn would bring this country to it's knees!

The only way that the people of this country are going to start buying more American products, is when we start building quality products. You can drive a honda for a hundred years! We CAN compete with that, we simply don't.

Shakyamunison
Ban over sea trading?! Jesus! That would bring the economy crashing down around us!

The sudden down turn would bring this country to it's knees!

The only way that the people of this country are going to start buying more American products, is when we start building quality products. You can drive a honda for a hundred years! We CAN compete with that, we simply don't.

I have a Saturn and it's a very good car, as good as any Toyota.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I have a Saturn and it's a very good car, as good as any Toyota.

I can't argue that, but I'm sure that is why that particular car company has grown so much in the last few years. But, we're not just talking about cars here.

And I'm not denying this country's ABILITY, I'm arguing it's willingness to get off it's fat, bloated ass and do something about it

Bardock42
German Cars = Good

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Bardock42
German Cars = Good

Indeed. But, ridiculously expensive to fix.

Bardock42
Indeed. But, ridiculously expensive to fix.
Not here....well maybe........But they are just so much better....

debbiejo
I know GM is working on hydrogen fuel cells, but won't be out for about 6/7 years...gonna have to build proto types...really gonna hurt GM cause The Japanese are ahead again.

finti
Indeed so but so are Japaneese and (OH I cant believe Im gonna say this) Swedish cars too, hell in todays marked you cant afford to produce bad cars.... though German cars are very luxurious and in Norway extremingly expensive.

People have made it a trade to travell down to Germany and buy the cars there and "import" them back to Norway...there are great loopholes in the import tax on goods for private persons so to bring back so it has in fact become an industry here. 4 or 5 team up take the plane down and come back with 4-5 cars, when all taxes are paid it would still be way way cheaper to buy that car form that private person than the car retailer....................only "problem" is that retailers fight back though and offers 5 years of full service for free, that a buy from the privat marked wont give you.........................and off course services on cars here are f*ucking expensive so a 5 years deal for free is an excellent deal

Clovie
here ppl are recently buying self hand cars (usually a broken ones blink ) in Germany, Belgium or Holland (I don't know why there) and then getting them here, repairing and selling again.
What made new cars getting a bit less expensive.

BTW: I'm looking for a volunteer to buy me a car eek!

Darth Jello
I'm one of the most progressive, liberal people you can ever meet, and even i think that any political entity that places libya and saudi arabia on it's human rights comission and has expensive, publicized meetings on wether Zionism and Judaism are forms of racism is a ****ing joke.

Ulven
Trade can only boost the economy of a country. Why do you think the US and the UN has trade embargoes (like US not trading with Cuba etc).

I know there is a lot of scepticism against America, and I know the USA helps a lot of people around the world. But you should be a little bit more careful as to where you stick your nose, and a bit more tolerant towards the UN.
I admit that he UN can sometimes be somewhat uptight, but one shouldn't rush into war...

German cars are VERY good btw, and the Italians supercars are also pretty feisty.
I don't like the Asian cars very much, except for !Nissan Skyline! big grin
My favourite am cars are Shelby AC Cobra + Corvette Stingray

pr1983
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
How Somalians feel about the US, http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b//hotzone/blogs/999

Even though this was a UN action they totally blame the US for their problems. We may have been trying to help them but they don't see it that way. I'm sure many in the Balkans feel the same way.

We need to withdraw from this useless body and quit interfering with other countries.

Thats incredibly unfair...

there is a decently sized somalian community in ireland, and not one that ive talked to blames america...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.