Captain America vs Ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Droopy
Who wins both are great fighters can Cap prevail with his mighty shield or will Ryu come out on top with a haduken

Blanka
ryu

Blanka
i have a question about caps how strong is he?

Demonic Phoenix
Umm...I don't think game chars are allowed in this forum.

Grimm22
Cap should win this erm

Blanka
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Umm...I don't think game chars are allowed in this forum.

theres a comic of ryu

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Blanka
theres a comic of ryu

This is probably getting closed. Ryu is best known for a video game, so he's not allowed even if he does have a comic.

Buuuuut, while it's still here, I vote for Ryu.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by celestialdemon
This is probably getting closed. Ryu is best known for a video game, so he's not allowed even if he does have a comic.

Buuuuut, while it's still here, I vote for Ryu.

There not horrible comics, I actually read them, I'm an old school street fighter fanatic. Be cool if they were actually allowed, that and Fatal Fury which also has a pretty decent comic.

Oh and Ryu should take this.

Dinalfos
Ryu wins. Remember, the Dragon Punch cannot be stopped. By nothing and nobody.

Rols
Ryu wins, remember he also possesses the Dark Hadou..

Xplosive
Ryu wins quite easily.

joesha28
Ryu wins...

Tha C-Master
Ryu rips him a new one.

The-Judge
ryu wins, but cap is still good

Arsenal
If cap is lucky he'd be able to get a few hits in but he's going down.

thtadthtshldntb
If this is like Akuma Ryu, then Ryu destroys him. If this is "standard" Ryu before he began to approach Akuma in power, Cap wins easily.

endrict
ryu will win with ease, he can have some cheat codes put in to make him super hyper ryu, shooting fireballs, hurricane kicks and dragon uppercuts like a machine gun.

thedude1948
Captain America destroys him. Caps boxing > Ryu's Martial Arts. Cap bounces all of Ryu's hadoukens back at him with his shield, then runs up and bashes his brains in using the shield.

Tshern
Originally posted by thedude1948
Captain America destroys him. Caps boxing > Ryu's Martial Arts. Cap bounces all of Ryu's hadoukens back at him with his shield, then runs up and bashes his brains in using the shield.

It's so hard to recognise sarcasm over the internet sometimes...

B dot Rob
Cap smashes Ryu 9/10. I have all the Udon Street Fighter comics sitting right under my computer and have not seen one thing Ryu did to put him over Cap. The only people in that comic that would beat Cap are Charlie, Bison and Akuma (MAYBE Sagat) everyone else would get wrecked. I don't know how anyone could get the idea of Ryu (at least Comic Ryu) stomping Cap :/

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by B dot Rob
Cap smashes Ryu 9/10. I have all the Udon Street Fighter comics sitting right under my computer and have not seen one thing Ryu did to put him over Cap. The only people in that comic that would beat Cap are Charlie, Bison and Akuma (MAYBE Sagat) everyone else would get wrecked. I don't know how anyone could get the idea of Ryu (at least Comic Ryu) stomping Cap :/ Charlie isn't more powerful than Ryu, SF3 ryu alone was past Alpha Ryu who basically stalemated Akuma in Alpha 2 when he punched the island through the ground. Ryu has too much speed, application, power, and range to be taken down by Captain America's jobbing.

I really hate these threads because most people know very little or use the weakest possible showings for the SF characters.

B dot Rob
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Charlie isn't more powerful than Ryu, SF3 ryu alone was past Alpha Ryu who basically stalemated Akuma in Alpha 2 when he punched the island through the ground. Ryu has too much speed, application, power, and range to be taken down by Captain America's jobbing.

I really hate these threads because most people know very little or use the weakest possible showings for the SF characters.

Where's the goddamn shakes head smiley when you need one? rolling on floor laughing

PS: Until I see Ryu do something like this (while full of bullet holes)

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8490/z1rd7.jpg

Charlie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> him

Tha C-Master
Where's the goddamn shakes head smiley when you need one? rolling on floor laughing

PS: Until I see Ryu do something like this (while full of bullet holes)

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8490/z1rd7.jpg

Charlie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> him Ryu and Ken were mountain splitting in the Alpha days, and yes Alpha is canon (movie and game), they surpassed Charlie and Guile as adults. Ryu is Tier two, which only has Gill, Akuma, and Alpha Bison above him in his current power. This is canon. That is an impressive pic however.

And you don't need half of that to trash Captain America.

B dot Rob
PPS:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5664/z1xx8.jpg

$ecrets

B dot Rob
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Ryu and Ken were mountain splitting in the Alpha days, and yes Alpha is canon (movie and game), they surpassed Charlie and Guile as adults. Ryu is Tier two, which only has Gill, Akuma, and Alpha Bison above him in his current power. This is canon. That is an impressive pic however.

And you don't need half of that to trash Captain America.

Ninja Please Charlie was on a whole nother level from the rest of the cast. He curbstomped the hell out of Chun Li and Guile just a issue before that one and Guile had to save Ken's ass from being raped by Vega.

PS:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5618/z1cd9.jpg

GETTING PUNKED BY A 100 LB (yes it states he only weighs 100 lbs) PACIFIST FOR THE WIN

Tha C-Master
PPS:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5664/z1xx8.jpg

$ecrets How did I know that you were going to put that very low showing for ryu up? Do you honestly think that Capcom's flagship character would be weaker than Charlie?

Anyways, there are simply too many styles of media for sf. In the comic's forum people want to use comics, but there is Udon, DDp, Chinese, and Japanese versions, then you have the movies which are also canon, followed by the games themselves, all depict several different styles and powerlevels for all the characters. All these threads degenerate into is the person arguing against a specific character using a low showing, while the other does the opposite. Are you familiar with the storyline of Ryu.

Current Ryu held a large boulder with Oro on top of it, and ran a very long distance with it, that is a very high level feat of power and stamina. He has fought and triumphed against akuma after being shot many times as well.

So again, are you familiar with the current storyline of Ryu?

Tha C-Master
Ninja Please Charlie was on a whole nother level from the rest of the cast. He curbstomped the hell out of Chun Li and Guile just a issue before that one and Guile had to save Ken's ass from being raped by Vega. That's why he's dead now right?

PS:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5618/z1cd9.jpg

GETTING PUNKED BY A 100 LB (yes it states he only weighs 100 lbs) PACIFIST FOR THE WIN Dhaslim has stated current Ryu too strong for him, stop trying to post half the damned fights. Besides Dhalsim is no pushover, he is able to stop the entire chi flow of the body.

Nice try though. This whole forum is biased towards Marvel, and against Street Fighter.

Alfheim
over my head.....

B dot Rob
Dhalsim only stated that Ryu was stronger then Sagat when he first came in (and Sagat wasn't in even close to tip top shape when he came to him) stop the lies.

BTW The whole fight was basically Dhalsim making Ryu look like a fool and telling him why he sucks.

PS
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/995/z1va6.jpg

IS THAT RYU GETTING CAUGHT BY A BUNCH OF GENERIC THUGS THAT CAP TAKES DOWN FOR FUN AND GAMES?

Lozzle

Tha C-Master
You are becoming sad, you know very little of SF and you are basically posting scans of his lowest showings. Ryu has a variety of tactics and even a warping ability, so he's screwed. But your fellatio sessions of Captain America won't let you see that.
Ryu's shinkuu hadoken put out two mech's in Alpha, and he was fast enough to not only dodge, but to MOVE between bullets, he could sense the damn things coming. Moving faster than the eye can see is only a beginning point for his power. Can Cap hold a boulder in horse stance then run up a mountain with it, I think not.

Dhalsim only stated that Ryu was stronger then Sagat when he first came in (and Sagat wasn't in even close to tip top shape when he came to him) stop the lies. What the hell are you smoking? Ryu trounced Sagat right at the beginning making him a rival for ryu, and if you want to get officially canon, Ryu was Satsui no hado when he gave Sagat the scar on his chest. He's surpassed that level at his current state. I noticed you didn't answer my question on how powerful Ryu is currently. Is that because you can't perhaps? Figures.

BTW The whole fight was basically Dhalsim making Ryu look like a fool and telling him why he sucks.

What could Cap do to Ryu or most of the SF cast anyways? Dhalsim can simply warp around and stop his chi. What you are doing is no different than me posting Cap losing to someone who isn't even a damned part of the match to begin with.

IS THAT RYU GETTING CAUGHT BY A BUNCH OF GENERIC THUGS THAT CAP TAKES DOWN FOR FUN AND GAMES?

Lozzle But he loses to Skrull? Riiiight. wink

Please reduce the size of your scans please. And answer my question about the current state and timeline of Ryu, and stop dodging it.

A small portion of his power eat's cap alive.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/7216/ryuge1.jpg

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Blanka
theres a comic of ryu

...hate to be a jerk, but it doesn't matter. Has to be primarily a comic characters. Everyone on the planet has a comic appearence or two...if we allowed them all the forum would get overrun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.