2 of Palpatines Red Guard vS 2 of Gen. Grevious' bodyguards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
2 of Palpatine's Red Guard vS 2 of Gen. Grevious' bodyguards

ReverendMakashi
MagnaGaurds.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by ReverendMakashi
MagnaGaurds.

Hmm, why?

Have you seen Red Guards battle before? I mean i haven't, just asking.

I mean i'm just assuming that the red guard are bad-ass because i think you'd need to be bad-ass if you're protecting Emporor Palpatine at all times.

ReverendMakashi
No I haven't seen them fight either. I just like droids...

Se7in
Maybe Red Guards. They're all Force-adept, and pretty awesome fighters, compared to other basic unites. Magna guards are strong too, but if Obi can take 4 with one Force Pull, and they are strong enough in the Force, I think they win.

darthsith19
Have you read Labrinth of Evil? It makes it quite clear the Magna Guards are better. And in ROTS Yoda takes out 2 Royal Guards with a wave of his hand while 2 Magnaguards give Obi-Wan a bit of a fight.

Se7in
You mentioned two totally different fighters. Yoda does not equal Obi-Wan. Obi is much weaker than Yoda, and Yoda used the Force to beat them both while they were unaware. Obi-Wan managed to defeat four of them simultaneously while they were well aware of him. That should tell you that:

Yoda > Obi-Wan
Obi-Wan > Four Magnaguards
Yoda > Two Red Guards

I say Red Guards.

Darth_Glentract
Red Guards. Some of them were force sensitive. They also have heavy armor and bug guns.

Darth Faunus
They don't have heavy armor. And they don't have guns. They use force pikes as a testament to their sole mastery of the weapon. However, if you read Labyrinth of Evil, it is revealed that the MagnaGuards are indeed superior fighters. They don't 'own' them, but they are considerably better.

Se7in
What did the Magnaguards do in LoE?

darthsith19
Originally posted by Se7in
You mentioned two totally different fighters. Yoda does not equal Obi-Wan. Obi is much weaker than Yoda, and Yoda used the Force to beat them both while they were unaware. Obi-Wan managed to defeat four of them simultaneously while they were well aware of him. That should tell you that:

Yoda > Obi-Wan
Yoda > Two Red Guards

I say Red Guards.
Okay, yes Yoda is stronger than Obi-Wan, but not by that much. Less than twice as powerful. Second, what do you mean the guards were unaware? They both had their weapons to Yoda's head! Third, yeah Obi-Wan beat 4 of them by dropping a huge rock on them, but he could just as easily have done that to the guards. When he actually fought them without the help of the big rock 2 together actually put up an ok fight. The 2 red guards got owned by Yoda. And he didn't even draw his saber.

Darth Faunus
What did the Magnaguards do in LoE?

Well, reading it would help. But whatever.

Grievous and six of his MagnaGuards break into the Chancellor's extremely heavily guarded emergency quarters. Grievous himself takes on the four Jedi while the MagnaGuards take on more than a dozen heavily armed clones and eight or nine Red Guards. As Grievous finishes off the last of the Jedi, he notes that, although fast of fist and foot, the Red Guards really stand no chance against war machines bred for destruction. Following, eight clones and three guards are zapped to deathby the elites. When Grievous is done with the Jedi, he comes to the aid of his droids, one of which was felled by concentrated fire. He quickly gets rid of four pressed guards, and as he comes to the fifth, he finds a spasmic body.

Now, the Red Guards are good, very good. They are described as 'capable of piercing the MagnaGuards normally impenetrable armor.' But in the end, they don't have a chance.

ResubianNushi
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Well, reading it would help. But whatever.

Grievous and six of his MagnaGuards break into the Chancellor's extremely heavily guarded emergency quarters. Grievous himself takes on the four Jedi while the MagnaGuards take on more than a dozen heavily armed clones and eight or nine Red Guards. As Grievous finishes off the last of the Jedi, he notes that, although fast of fist and foot, the Red Guards really stand no chance against war machines bred for destruction. Following, eight clones and three guards are zapped to deathby the elites. When Grievous is done with the Jedi, he comes to the aid of his droids, one of which was felled by concentrated fire. He quickly gets rid of four pressed guards, and as he comes to the fifth, he finds a spasmic body.

Now, the Red Guards are good, very good. They are described as 'capable of piercing the MagnaGuards normally impenetrable armor.' But in the end, they don't have a chance.

From what I remember, the red guard wasn't adopted until a little after the empire started. I'm not totally sure ,but I don't think those were Red Guards. I believe those were Senator guards who are dressed in blue.

Darth Faunus
Nope, they were Red Guards. There were Red Guards and Blue Guards. Trust me on this. It was the elite Red Guards who became the Emperor's Hand.

ResubianNushi
Nope, they were Red Guards. There were Red Guards and Blue Guards. Trust me on this. It was the elite Red Guards who became the Emperor's Hand.

Then I guess that defeats it. The MagnaGuards are the victors.

Darth Avis
so the best guards became sith adepts or some thing like that

Darth Faunus
No. Not Sith Adepts. The Emperor's Hand. They were just good fighters trained in unique methods, and their sole purpose was the protection of Palpatine.

Darth_Glentract
Some of Palpatine's royal guard were Sith Adepts actually. I don't think they changed jobs or anything.

Darth Faunus
Force sensitivity doesn't make you a Sith Adept. . .

Darth Avis
learning some sith knowlege like ventress does. Wait ventress is an adept right?

Darth Faunus
Ventress is a Dark Jedi.

Deus Ex
Yep. And the red guards get mauled. Blue guards worse than mauled.

Darth Avis
Ventress is a Dark Jedi. oh ya i was thinking of sith adept as something totally diffrent. I heard my friend say something wrong like that ventress is an adept and so is Mara jade and i remembered that. sorry for my stupidety. one thing. Was mara jade a red gaurd? laughing laughing laughing laughing

Darth Traya
Originally posted by Darth Avis
oh ya i was thinking of sith adept as something totally diffrent. I heard my friend say something wrong like that ventress is an adept and so is Mara jade and i remembered that. sorry for my stupidety. one thing. Was mara jade a red gaurd? laughing laughing laughing laughing

Oh, the hilarity.

Deus Ex
uh, no. Mara Jade was one of the Emperor's Hands (tm). Google that, willya?

Darth Avis
no i meant that faunus or someone said that elite red gaurds became emprers hands.

Darth Faunus
It's rather obvious. . . The Red Guards became the Emperor's Hand. It's what they were trained from initiation to do. Protect the Emperor at all costs.

darthsupremus
do you have any proof jackass. the red guards were clones

Darth Faunus
The hell? Boy, do you need a banning? Because I'd be happy to help arrange that.

And use some common sense, if you have any. This isn't even worth explaining. Better yet, go read. If you can.

Admiral Akbar
I know this is off topic but have you guyz ever noticed that Quinlan Vos was on Tatooine in TPm take a look. Straight from star wars site.

Admiral Akbar
SHit thats gonna be my sig wrong picture here...

DarthMaul9123

Yoda > Obi-Wan
Yoda > Two Red Guards

I say Red Guards.
yeah but you only saw yoda fight two you never saw him fight anymore

darthsith19
Quick question for you all. Would you say the Red Guards probably got stronger between ROTS and ROTJ? I'd assume they did get somehwat stronger, hard to say how much stronger though. I'd say they probably got stronger because:
A. The weakest ones died in combat; only the strongest ones made it to ROTJ
B. They had alot of time for training between ROTS and ROTJ
C. Some were taught some Force powers, and didn't that happen between ROTS and ROTJ?

Anyway, your thoughts?

Darth Syko
In labyrinth of evil, palpatine makes the red guards lose ON PURPOSE. Same with ROTS. Palps wants to keep the guards as his secret weapon. Also, Yoda is SO much better than obi-wan. Yoda BARELY lost to Darth Sidious (the most powerful sith lord ever). Obi-wan couldn't even kill Asajj Ventress. Obi is not good.
RED GUARDS WIN.

Darth Faunus
Palpatine doesn't influence the bloody fight at all. He just stands there, putting up a cowering act. READ THOROUGHLY. Anyway, Grievous and his MagnaGuards have more han enough skill to take out a room of clones and couple of Red Guards.

And don't even get me started on the most powerful thing. Go read EU.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.