Hurricane victims in your work place.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
some of you guys know that i work in the lodging industry. well, american red cross and FEMA is paying for the rooms for hurricane katrina victims indefinitely. i know we are supposed to help these people out, but man, they are driving me insane. they expect us to bend over backwards to please them while they sell crack in our parking lot.

EsteemedLeader
I despise Katrina victims...

Neo_Version 7
That sucks.

erm

WickedTexasMomA
My husband is a coach out at the local Lowe's warehouse,he says they laid off 50 employees that had been there 4+ years and brought in 50 refuge's to take there place for lesser pay.His boss said they would be employing up to 200 more in the next 3 months.People are loosing there jobs all because those moochers will work for less..grrr

Rogue Jedi
these fukking people. the first group we got, right after katrina hit, they are fine. they are regular hard working people. but the ones we have gotten lately are the holdouts, the looters and gangbangers. they walk around the hotel like they own the place. they are rude and obnoxious and have no manners whatsoever. the thing that sux is i have to be polite to them.
sometimes i have to take a break, go outside and bang my head against the damn wall.

nitro-swicked
i would be kicking off if it was me who lost my job to some refugee

Tired Hiker
God I'm glad I have a college education.

WickedTexasMomA
The Hurricane came for a reason ..population control????

Rogue Jedi
i mean, we have to help these people, but at what cost to our business? they are tearing up our hotel. and they will be there as long as red cross/fema pays for their room. thats another thing, they are staying for free and still have the nerve to complain about little things!!!! "why isnt the internet working?" cuz we just had a hurricane, hood rat!!!

Tired Hiker
Dude, RJ, you gave me an idea for my story pitch today at my news station. It was a slow news day and my news director, sorta jokingly, cuz she knows my usual story ideas are useless, or more or less ridiculous, but when I said that we should do a package on "Hurricane victims, are they more of a pain in the ass than anything else? I mean, they're laying off people to hire hurricane victims who will work for less money."

Let me tell you, all eyes were cocked, but I think they were too afraid to open that can of worms. Instead, we did a story on Robosaurus, which actually kicked ass.

But hey, RJ, where do you live? I'm going to try to foster this story again, but with an intention to communicate to the victims that they are blessed and shouldn't take advantage of the help they are given. PM me if you are interested.

-the tired one.

Rogue Jedi
well, i was approached by two press reporters the other day. they started asking me a bunch of questions about the hurricane victims at our hotel. i told them to contact our regional vice president, cuz they can take what i say and switch it around anyway they want. you know they do this, TH, cuz you work with them.

Tired Hiker
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
well, i was approached by two press reporters the other day. they started asking me a bunch of questions about the hurricane victims at our hotel. i told them to contact our regional vice president, cuz they can take what i say and switch it around anyway they want. you know they do this, TH, cuz you work with them. no2 Sooooo not true. When we air a package, we show what the person we interview says. So, it's up to you to say what your point of view is. Example:

Reporter: "RJ, tell me what you think of these hurricane victims?"

RJ: "Well, I think they don't appreciate the help we give them. They complain about the pillows being too soft, yet they get them for free."

Here's what we would do:

While you are watching the package, the reporter, at least my reporter, would say:

"Many hurricane victims are grateful of the help they are receiving in their new communities, but some community members feel they are taking advantage of their situation"

CUT TO:

RJ saying: "Well, I think they don't appreciate the help we give them. They complain about the pillows being too soft, yet they get them for free."

It's as plain and simple as that.

Most people blame the news for reporting the wrong message, but we just air what actually comes out of people's mouthes and try to be as unbiased as possible. If it weren't for the media, people would get away with murder every day and it would go unknown to the general public. Don't you want to know if your next door neighbor is a Nazi rapist? I would, so then I could take precautions. wink So, where do you live again?

Rogue Jedi
a while back some illegal aliens we had working in housekeeping went on strike. the local news interviewed my manager.. i was there, i heard what she said. when they aired it, they only showed what they wanted the public to see.
so, yes, it does happen.

Tired Hiker
Well, then the news in your neck of the woods sucks ass.

Rogue Jedi
it might. i have a tendency to trust no newscasters period. thats just me.

Tired Hiker
That's okay. I don't trust hotel workers. Sure they change the sheets every day. erm

Rogue Jedi
sometimes the maids dont. maids, though they work hard as hell, tend to say they do something when they actually dont.
"damn, thats semen on the sheets!!!"

Tired Hiker
Yeah, and seriously, some reporters probably stretch the truth a little, but not on my watch.

Rogue Jedi
stretching and altering is different. FOX news isnt exactly a small outfit.

Tired Hiker
stretching and altering is different. FOX news isnt exactly a small outfit.

Right now I work for an NBC affiliate, however, I'm about to go for a job for FOX in Vegas. The station was bought out by FOX, however, the people who run it are the same people who ran it before FOX was even an idea. The station runs shows like The Simpson's and all those other FOX shows, but they are not controlled by FOX and the Conservative regime. They show FOX shows, however, their local news is what it always was. The common person has no idea what news people go through, especially news people like me who do their best to keep things as unbiased as possible. Yo, I'm just practicing my First Amendment Right, and making a living off it. Believe me, I have no qualms about what I do. Better me working for a quasi FOX station than some idiot who takes biased sides. I can educate you more on how the news works if you want me to, but I don't think that's your cup of tea. It's all good, RJ. I chat with folks about this kind of thing all the time. It keeps me real.

Rogue Jedi
we both suck.

Sir Nauj
Im so tired of the whole katrina, rita etc victims. leave them to rot. theres to much humans anyway evil face

Tired Hiker
we both suck. laughing

Rogue Jedi
we have thugs here in texas, no doubt. but one thing i have learned by observing there louisiana hurricane victims is that louisiana thugs are a different breed. they are far more likely to jack you up than your average texas thug. my coworker confronted two of them the other night, he was all up in their grill!!!! i told him "man, that was reckless. you have a wife and kid, what if they had stuck a blade in your stomach?" the idiot thinks he is ten feet tall and bulletproff, like a certain member here is.

WickedTexasMomA
Born and bred Texan are not known to be very bright.

Rogue Jedi
thats a stereotype, momma. now drop the damn knife!!

Tired Hiker
My old buddy Tom was in New Orleans about five years ago, and he went down some street right off of Bourbon Street to take a piss. Some guy grabbed him from behind, and he knocked the guy down. When he looked at the guy, and he had a gun. Since there were people around, my buddy ran off and luckily didn't get shot at. Crazy.

Rogue Jedi
louisiana people are nuts as hell, man.

WickedTexasMomA
louisiana people are nuts as hell, man. Now THATS a stereotype Rogue. big grin

Rogue Jedi
no, thats a reality.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.