How Many Christians Here Have Read the Bible

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedAlertv2
Im actually quite interested, since in my experience most havent.

Im not a christain myself but ive been reading the bible, just to kinda know what its really about

Shakyamunison
I don't know how many Christians have read the bible, but I know there is at least one Buddhist who has, it's the main reason I'm not longer a Christian.

finti
ditto, just that I aint no Buddhist

Storm
This agnostic has, one of the reasons I' m not longer a Christian.

sonnet
Originally posted by RedAlertv2

Im not a christain myself but ive been reading the bible, just to kinda know what its really about
If you are a Christian then you have to read the bible and study it daily because God instructs us to do so. You cannot grow spiritualy as a Cristian if you do not study the word of God.

debbiejo
I also have read it, did studies with it...etc..Also read other texts not included in it...I believe it can't be taken as "The word of god"...It's sad, cause at one time, I thought it was...Now I'm...I don't what I am...
A heretic.. reading huh

RedAlertv2
Readiing the Bible has made me realize organized religion just isnt the thing for me

finti
then I wonder what church did for you

debbiejo
Readiing the Bible has made me realize organized religion just isnt the thing for me

What you have to be is unorganized...It works better.

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by finti
then I wonder what church did for you

To be honest, church meant nothing to me.

finti
It is the church and other places of worship and its leaders that are responsible for the organisation of religion not the bible. The bible can be read and interpretered on a personal level without organize it into a congregation of sort

Imperial_Samura
I have read it, but then I don't really consider myself a "Christian" or at least not in the traditional sense of the word.

goth-taku
I was Morman when I was a kid, nd I read it and our phat bible #2 :P The book is very entertaining, nd my copy is full of cool pictures ^^ When I grew up I let my friendz use the pages as joint paper lol

Imperial_Samura
Holy Sacrilege Batman!! eek! stick out tongue I almost dread to enquire what happened to the other Mormon paraphernalia you might have owned smile

lil bitchiness
Nope never read it in full. Bits and peaces yes. But Im a Buddhist anyway...

There are some things which I think are great in the bible - some of the messages are really good.

Its a shame people don't look at it metaphorically or even a story with a point, but rather a literal explanation of everything.

bella mia
I've read it......and NO...I am no longer a believer...

Adam_PoE
"A thorough reading and understanding of The Bible is the surest path to atheism." - Donald Morgan

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by sonnet
If you are a Christian then you have to read the bible and study it daily because God instructs us to do so. You cannot grow spiritualy as a Christian if you do not study the word of God.

yes, you're right

Imperial_Samura
How long does one have to study it though? I mean if I had to read a book everyday, even a book I loved and really enjoyed, eventually I would get pretty sick of it. And eventually it would become an annoying chore and then after a good while I probably wouldn't really enjoy it an/or like it as much (if at all.) To much of a good thing you know... but if it's to much of a bad thing...

The couple of times I read it were enough, and occasionally reading parts of it for my uni courses are enough. If I had to try to read it every day I would probably end up being even less Christian then I am now.

mysparrow
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
How long does one have to study it though? I mean if I had to read a book everyday, even a book I loved and really enjoyed, eventually I would get pretty sick of it. And eventually it would become an annoying chore and then after a good while I probably wouldn't really enjoy it an/or like it as much (if at all.) To much of a good thing you know... but if it's to much of a bad thing...

The couple of times I read it were enough, and occasionally reading parts of it for my uni courses are enough. If I had to try to read it every day I would probably end up being even less Christian then I am now.

When you follow Jesus and you have relationship with him you want to read everything you can to learn of him , its not about having to, anything that is forced on you will make you want to rebel, its about wanting to , because you love him .

debbiejo
If you also want to learn everything about Jesus, then read the Gnostic's too.

gp christ loves
i have read it 5 times over my 20 years of life and that is why i am a christian i believe it is the only book that can be taken seriously

HairyPooper
It is good if a person has read the Bible, but it is far better if a person is reading the Bible (as in present tense).

HairyPooper
Originally posted by gp christ loves
i have read it 5 times over my 20 years of life and that is why i am a christian i believe it is the only book that can be taken seriously

ive read it 5 times too. big grin

Um and I believe in it too big grin

and Im working on reading more of it.

big grin

debbiejo
Originally posted by HairyPooper
ive read it 5 times too. big grin

Um and I believe in it too big grin

and Im working on reading more of it.

big grin Why only 4 gospels chosen out of the hundreds written?? Certain men picked those 4 gospels to convey THEIR wishes on control of the people through manipulation of the public....If the church speaks for god then they got you....READ YOUR EARLY CHURCH HISTORY.

AOR

I have, and am a Christian eek!

And the book is basically a love letter from God to man....in my opinion that is...

redcaped
BRO, you don't need to read the thing, just hear what others say. YO done it all my life.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.