Are OTF Regs Familair With the Rest of KMC?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
Just curious. I see a lot of threads that have designated places in the other parts of KMC. You know, like the Television and Movie forums, the MOVIES part of the Killer Movies Community?

EsteemedLeader
I actually started off in the comics versus forum, and still go there if there are any good matches going on...

Raven Guardia
I started off in HP made my way up to here, over to GD, down to rping, stopped the rping went to here again then HP then sigs, artforum, now mostly here,GD,sigs,HP

kmcdude
I post in the horror forum and Genral discussion(rarely)

EsteemedLeader
I'm gonna start an RP, just got permission from Ush...

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
I'm gonna start an RP, just got permission from Ush...

what kinda RP are you starting?

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
what kinda RP are you starting?

Superhero, except it will be different in the fact that I'm trying to make it more classic. Lots of gangs led by supervillains with powers and social problems...

Bun Bun
1st i was in the HP fourms.. reading spidergrls lovel fanfic.. then found OTF and fell in love with it... i post in the music fourms and the poetery fourms once in a while

Coldfire
I started out... I can't remember where lol. I think I was all over the place tho, and I still am stick out tongue

Spelljammer
Yes, we're like the united states, not so united. stick out tongue

General Discussion is like New York. Full of pissed off individuals who all try to shoot one another and probably deserve it.

OT is like Missipie. Everyone either wants to burn you or **** you..

And Foreign Cinema is like Alaska. *snerk!*

Snoopbert
Yes.

EsteemedLeader
And comic book vs. is like California, no matter what you do, some big muscular guy is gonna influence all your decisions...

Sir Mist
The rest of KMC is shit.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Sir Mist
The rest of KMC is shit.
Hey! Atleast we at general know how to stay ontopic you OT hicks!

Sorta..

Clovie
The rest of KMC is shit. says who? *looks around*

btw I like the comparision to states..but ermm..why USA? schmoll

Sir Mist
Says me, thats my opinion..

This is pretty much how I see KMC:

GD forum: Mostly politics and news articles.....boring.

Movie forums (mainly the franchises): Full of fanboys/fangirls who argue over every little thing and think they are right about everything...you cant get a straight post in there...

OTF: Anything goes, talk about whatever....last night's dinner, tomorrows school schedule, pancakes....it doesnt matter..its fun.

Comic book forums: Same as movie franchises, full of fanboys/fangirls arguing over who cares what about..

The other smaller forums like books/music/sports.......only worth going into if your into them....otherwise...meh..

srug

Clovie

Movie forums (mainly the franchises): Full of fanboys/fangirls who argue over every little thing and think they are right about everything...you cant get a straight post in there...

OTF: Anything goes, talk about whatever....last night's dinner, tomorrows school schedule, pancakes....it doesnt matter..its fun.

Comic book forums: Same as movie franchises, full of fanboys/fangirls arguing over who cares what about..

The other smaller forums like books/music/sports.......only worth going into if your into them....otherwise...meh..

srug GDF is getting better recently. and you can really get into something very interesting there.

most of franchises is interesting to some level, of course the fanboys/girls ppl are annoying, but it's not hard to avoid them. (DO'H)

I'll always love X-Men forum, coz it is the one which I joined for.

OTF..
exactly.
threads about yesterday's dinner. threads about 'who wanna f...' and sooo on...they're getting boring after a year, you know?

Cinemaddiction

Not true at all. The busiest section of the Movie forums is are the Movies sections, The MDF, Movie Stars and Celebrities, Movie Trivia, and DVD Talk. I head all those up personally, and we rarely encounter those issues.

The Movie Franchises, I can't speak for, but of the ones I visit, being Horror, Foreign, and Sci Fi, they're very well maintained and civil.

Sir Mist
Yeah, but a thread about yesterday's dinner isnt always going to be about yesterday's dinner in here, eventually it'll move onto something else...thats why this place is fun, you can derail a thread and it doesnt matter..

Clovie
Yeah, but a thread about yesterday's dinner isnt always going to be about yesterday's dinner in here, eventually it'll move onto something else...thats why this place is fun, you can derail a thread and it doesnt matter.. whereelse you can to ninja

Sir Mist
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Not true at all. The busiest section of the Movie forums is are the Movies sections, The MDF, Movie Stars and Celebrities, Movie Trivia, and DVD Talk. I head all those up personally, and we rarely encounter those issues.

The Movie Franchises, I can't speak for, but of the ones I visit, being Horror, Foreign, and Sci Fi, they're very well maintained and civil.

Thats why I didnt mention the Stars/Celebrities/Trivia section, they at least have a decent ground...

Im talking about the forums like Star Wars/Matrix/Harry Potter....people in there...they take control of the forums like they know everything about the franchise...my posts are dwindling in the Star Wars section simply because of this...

Clovie
I've been posting in the HP after reading last book.
and I don't see any problem, people are nice.

same with LotR forum or JB messed

and SW fans are always scary..so erm

Wickerman
I started posting in the x-men forum, then moved to the comic book movies (back then) forum, then to the comic book vs. forum. Stayed there for pretty long, then i couldn't take the fanboy-ism anymore, and moved to the SW forums, especially the ep. 3 and the Literature and EU one. Stayed there for a while, then moved to OTF. Now i'm posting in the comic book section again, and the OTF.

~wickerman~

Phoenix Aska
I started in the anime section but all the older people that i knew left and now it's filled with mainly assholes and dragonball z obsessed people. Also the video game section...but i don't really like other people's opinion's contradicitng with my own when they believe they're right and they're wrong so i just stay out of those...

Mandorallen
OTF is like Iraq, And the mod's are like the USA.

The OTF needs to sitt the hell down, and get a new established government, and it needs to quit making pointless idea's. Because in the long run, they're just gonna get their asses kicked by the mods.

big grin

Wolflet
GF, HP, Off-Topic, RP, sigs, Welcome, X-men.
smile

Sir Mist
Rules
Log out

Read the rules, commence logging out smile

Wolflet
stop coping me mhm

Jedi Priestess

srug

yet you spend a surprising amount of time in Queeq's blue milk bar which is IN a movie section wink

and Clovie I am NOT scary weep

Sir Mist
Buuuut....Queeqs is an offtopic thread stick out tongue

Notice the amount of uhh....not-very-nice posting I tend to do when fanboys get to me?ninja

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Mandorallen
OTF is like Iraq, And the mod's are like the USA.

The OTF needs to sitt the hell down, and get a new established government, and it needs to quit making pointless idea's. Because in the long run, they're just gonna get their asses kicked by the mods.

big grin

shockish

Jedi Priestess
Buuuut....Queeqs is an offtopic thread stick out tongue

Notice the amount of uhh....not-very-nice posting I tend to do when fanboys get to me?ninja

laughing out loud get in line babe

grrr why does my little superman guy in my sig only show up as a red x damnit

Bardock42
Started Comic Book versus.....then whole Comic Book...then OTF ....then Philosophy - Religion- GDF ....now mostly GDF some Movie, soe Music, some Batman some OTF......but I am aware of pretty much all parts of the Forums, yes.....

Sir Mist
Its only been building up lately...kinda why Im trying to avoid that place...ninja

Otaku
I started out in the SW forum,with regular visits to the Music forum.I came down to the OTF after the SW forum was beginning to get boring.I still visit the SW and Music forums on regular basis.

Jackie Malfoy
Heck yea!I go to the other parts of this site beside this one.I just like being in off topic more!It is alot more fun being here instead of out there!jm

lil bitchiness
KMC is turning into a big moan fest as of late. yes

''oooh OTF has gone down the hill, its so shit now''

No it bloody hasnt. It has been the same shitty OTF since...forever.

If you don't like it click here

thumbsup

Sir Mist
laughing out loud The earliest threads in here are no different than the ones already here nowlaughing out loud

I was reading through them the other day....damn....such noobish posts...embarrasment cool

Bardock42
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
KMC is turning into a big moan fest as of late. yes

''oooh OTF has gone down the hill, its so shit now''

No it bloody hasnt. It has been the same shitty OTF since...forever.

If you don't like it click here

thumbsup

ARRRRRR...I hate people that post this links.......I always know what it is...but I have to click anyways....that's so mean....

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Bardock42
ARRRRRR...I hate people that post this links.......I always know what it is...but I have to click anyways....that's so mean....

I think ''click here'' is a very presuasive phrase. It rocks big grin

Bardock42
I think ''click here'' is a very presuasive phrase. It rocks big grin

true....."shiny read button droolio - NO MR. PRESIDENT" What the f**k?

Lana
As of lately I've been posting more in other sections of KMC than the OTF, and that's actually been true of the majority of the 22 months I've been here....there's only about 6 of those months where the majority of my posts are here.

I started out in the Matrix forum, quickly migrated to the RP forum, the found the GDF (this all happened within 3 days of joining KMC). Over the next couple weeks or so I posted in every forum a few times (since there was a hell of a lot less, that was easy to do), and first posted in the OTF about 2 months after I joined.

Right now I post most in the RP sections (Hosted and SW only though, I don't do unhosted RPs, they're crap most of the time), Artwork and it's subforums, Music, the GDF, GenFic, and here, with occasional posting in the Matrix (which is largely dead), SW (mostly to tell off fanboys for being stupid), and Harry Potter.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lana
the Matrix (which is largely dead), SW (mostly to tell off fanboys for being stupid)

Matrix deserves it.......only thing you can do in SW

Lana
Matrix is over, only reason the forum is dead....it used to be the most active of the movie franchise forums (even more than SW), and had more posts than any forum besides the OTF and GDF.

That, and of all the old regulars, it seems only myself and JKozzy still post here regularly.

Cinemaddiction
My other point to this thread was to point out people start threads that have established forums, i.e. about Angelina Jolie, about the last movies they've seen, about new movies, about television shows.

This is the Off Topic Forum, and those topics have homes, and I can't figure out why people that have been here for so long can't find it in themselves to discuss it in the assigned forums.

Bardock42
My other point to this thread was to point out people start threads that have established forums, i.e. about Angelina Jolie, about the last movies they've seen, about new movies, about television shows.

This is the Off Topic Forum, and those topics have homes, and I can't figure out why people that have been here for so long can't find it in themselves to discuss it in the assigned forums.

I guess sometimes you want to have lots of replies and well...there are forus that don't get visited that frequently......not to forget that it's probably mostly our New Members that create threads like this.....

§P0oONY
Just curious. I see a lot of threads that have designated places in the other parts of KMC. You know, like the Television and Movie forums, the MOVIES part of the Killer Movies Community?

Yes I am... I've posted in almost every forum... except some of the movie franchises.

Lana

Sheer laziness, I think, or not wanting to bother to see if there's more to the site than the OTF.

Though threads tend to pop up in the oddest places. Yesterday there was a thread about how guys suck in the Music forum.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lana
Sheer laziness, I think, or not wanting to bother to see if there's more to the site than the OTF.

Though threads tend to pop up in the oddest places. Yesterday there was a thread about how guys suck in the Music forum.

yeah...that was funny in a way...and sad in another....

§P0oONY

Because people want to get replies rapidly....... instead of having to check on a thread every now and then in another forum.

Bit shit... but not much we can do about it erm

Mandorallen
shockish

It's the truth yes

Fianna
I visit OTF, GD, movies, LOTR, JB, Comics and art...but my visists anywhere are getting less frequent on here..messed

DarkC
HP, HP Fiction, OTF, GD, Games, Games Vs.

Mandorallen
MDF,S&C,Horror,book talk,tarintino, movie trivia,DVD talk, sci fi.

afterall, this is a movie forum.

magic_hate_ball
i post in GD, Horror, Foreign Fim and Movies(cine should know this...he shut down my Doom thread) big grin

Cinemaddiction
If you posted in Sci Fi, you would have known there was a "Doom" thread there. whistle

Mandorallen
Lol,

do me cine! do me next!

Cinemaddiction
I'm convinced the people in the OTF aren't ware of the rest of KMC. There have been SO many threads that AREN'T off topic..THEY HAVE TOPICS! THE HAVE ****ING FORUMS!

WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNN!!!?!ONEONEONE!1111111

Spelljammer
If you posted in Sci Fi, you would have known there was a "Doom" thread there. whistle
What does a first-person shooter have to do with sci-fi? Wouldn't it be better in video games? (Where I reside sometimes.)

Though really my place is in the PM box like some kindof mob crime lord.. evil face

Mandorallen
I'm convinced the people in the OTF aren't ware of the rest of KMC. There have been SO many threads that AREN'T off topic..THEY HAVE TOPICS! THE HAVE ****ING FORUMS!

WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNN!!!?!ONEONEONE!1111111

they wont, Because in other forums, they can't get away with numerous amounts of spam, when I go to OTF, there is so much shit coming out of my disc-drive, I cant even walk across the room.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Spelljammer
What does a first-person shooter have to do with sci-fi? Wouldn't it be better in video games? (Where I reside sometimes.)

Though really my place is in the PM box like some kindof mob crime lord.. evil face

Video Game Movie is what's in question here, with that said, I've proposed a VGM forum, which is in the works so I hope.

§P0oONY
Video Game Movie is what's in question here, with that said, I've proposed a VGM forum, which is in the works so I hope.

I don't really think there is enough films for that... is there?

Or would it also be like what games you think would be good as films... because surely that could be done in the Computer/Video Game Discussion Forum erm

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
And comic book vs. is like California, no matter what you do, some big muscular guy is gonna influence all your decisions...

No. Comic book forums is like NYC. Say something stupid and they all want to debate

Cinemaddiction

§P0oONY
Plenty, old and new. Resident Evil, RE2, Doom, Spy Hunter, Silent Hill, Mortal Kombat, etc.

Enough for a new forum though I mean?

Red Superfly
I can be seen lurking around the Music, Video Games, STar Wars, Batman, Superman, Ninja Turtles forums along with OT and GD forums.

DanZeke25
I go to all the other places before i go here.

Mandorallen
Plenty, old and new. Resident Evil, RE2, Doom, Spy Hunter, Silent Hill, Mortal Kombat, etc.

Soon to be Splinter Cell yes

magic_hate_ball
yes there is a Doom thread there but above all it is a movie....yes
and it was posted in the appropriate forum about movies....but to be anal about it going in sci-fi.....i dunno.....schmoll

Cinemaddiction

Mandorallen
Originally posted by magic_hate_ball
yes there is a Doom thread there but above all it is a movie....yes
and it was posted in the appropriate forum about movies....but to be anal about it going in sci-fi.....i dunno.....schmoll

http://imdb.com/title/tt0419706/

go here, It is listed as a Sci-fi, But the only thing is, It isn't breaking any rules by going into "sci-fi" and not into "Horror" forums. It just so happened to get put in sci-fi first that is all, the search button is the mosty nifty weapon on KMC.

Mr. Bacon
i got to book discussion and lotr occasionally

Spearhead
I joined for the OTF confused

if you're lucky, you'll see me in the SW, LoTR, GDF, Video Game, or Help section...

Mandorallen
LOL! joined a movie forum for the OTF?

thats hilarious.

DanZeke25
I go to the movie section, HP, Spider-Man, Video Games, X-Men, Comic Book Versus, Comic Book discussion, Sports, TV Talk, and General Fiction and sometimes Sig forum and artwork. Sometime Gereral discussion and philosphy too. Oh and i used to go to Matrix, LOTR, and Terminator but there is nothing there any more.

slim_thug
Originally posted by DanZeke25
I go to the movie section, HP, Spider-Man, Video Games, X-Men, Comic Book Versus, Comic Book discussion, Sports, TV Talk, and General Fiction and sometimes Sig forum and artwork. Sometime Gereral discussion and philosphy too. Oh and i used to go to Matrix, LOTR, and Terminator but there is nothing there any more. i like som of those movies

Lana
LOL! joined a movie forum for the OTF?

thats hilarious.

Well, this place is primarily a movie forum, but there is more to it than just movies, you know. I'd right now the forums are split equally between movie-related ones and other things.

KILLBILLFREAK
http://imdb.com/title/tt0419706/

go here, It is listed as a Sci-fi, But the only thing is, It isn't breaking any rules by going into "sci-fi" and not into "Horror" forums. It just so happened to get put in sci-fi first that is all, the search button is the mosty nifty weapon on KMC.

IM IN LOVE WITH YOUR SIGN inlove

Mandorallen
Want one?

KILLBILLFREAK
SURE drool

Mandorallen
Ill have it tommorow.

KILLBILLFREAK
pm it to me pls?

ReverendMakashi
I like to hang out at the SW and LOTR forums...

Tired Hiker

No.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.