robin in bat-man begins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultra-Humanite
I am hearing alot of people calling themselves true batman fans but once again i am sadly reminde that I truly am the only real one. Robin is not campy and his story is very "dark" ( oh and just because you attach the word dark to someting it does not become automatically COOL ). Batman(Bruce) watches Dick Grayson watch his parents die and once again there was nothing he could do. Robin would see very little action being batmans behind the scenes help. ie.relaying information so he does not have to go home to look someting up on that big bad bat cave computer. And most important he gives batman a reason to come home in one peice, as we saw with batmans total disregard for his own well being after the death of the second robin.

NoFate007
I think they should introduce Robin in the third film. Make it so the 2nd film he's gotten better, and at one point in the third film, Bruce goes like ballistic with his rampage, almost murders people, and watches the Grayson tragedy, and blah blah blah, it takes Dick to calm him down.

Wow that came out wrong lol

Batman Returns
i agree about dumb ppl calling themselves "true batfans". if ppl were true bat fans, they wouldnt be critisizing the other bat films.they would look at the positive AND the negative, just as i look at BB positively and negatively. but SO many ppl just gotta put down the other films cuz they assume that BB is the most "faithful" movie, and let me tell ya, ITS NOT. a true bat fan would not put down B89 like they have been, OR BR. defientyl not B89 though, that movie was great, and returned batman to his darker roots. without B89 and BR, there would be no BB today. remember ppl.....burton kicks it. smokin'

anyways, about robin, i have to say, im not the biggest robin fan, in fact, im not at all, but if they decide to do robin in a nolan/bale film, then so be it. as long as it isnt campy and stupid like B&R was. actually, im srry, but i just really doubt we will see robin appear in the nolan franchise.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Ultra-Humanite
I am hearing alot of people calling themselves true batman fans but once again i am sadly reminde that I truly am the only real one. Robin is not campy and his story is very "dark" ( oh and just because you attach the word dark to someting it does not become automatically COOL ). Batman(Bruce) watches Dick Grayson watch his parents die and once again there was nothing he could do. Robin would see very little action being batmans behind the scenes help. ie.relaying information so he does not have to go home to look someting up on that big bad bat cave computer. And most important he gives batman a reason to come home in one peice, as we saw with batmans total disregard for his own well being after the death of the second robin.

-im still not sure if robin can fit in the BBs universe. Theres a whole bunch of stuff robin can do behind the scenes but...alfred can do that. and the batmobile could be autopiloted.
-To me, it just sounds stupid to have a 22yr old guy called robin in that kinda costume, try and intimidate thugs along side Batman. It would ruin batmans reputation. If Robin was like "younger" then he could be called Robin. But then batman would be running around with a kid

Mainstream
Robin should be added about the 3rd film.

b-dan
i actually think robin ruined batman i hate him i wanna buy the comic when the joker almost killed him it be alot o money its old

Mainstream
Originally posted by b-dan
i actually think robin ruined batman i hate him i wanna buy the comic when the joker almost killed him it be alot o money its old

you mean Robin 2 Jason Todd...everyone hates him...but Robin (Dick Grayson who is now Nightwing) and Robin 3 (current Robin Tim Drake) kick a$$.

JediMasterLuke5
I would hope they would leave Robin out of the movies. In my opinion Batman doesnt need a side kick. Batman can beat any human's ass by himself.

Red Superfly
Even though I like Graysons story and evolution from Boy Wonder to Nightwing - he has always given off a "pest" vibe, as though Batman would be a lot better off without him.

If Robin were to be introduced, it must focus on Graysons necessity to being part of Batmans life. Batmans MUST need Robin just as much as Robin needs Batman. Batman Forever made him look like some punk who kept getting in the way and causing more harm than good (see the ending).

They oughta work in the brother-at-first, father-in-the-end thing. One way would be for Robin to provide Bruce's sanity. After so long being alone (despite Alfred), Bruce starts to lose his grip. He starts to become too withdrawn and cold, the Batman starts to consume him and it takes Dick Graysons character to provide that emotional anchor with his own past, making him remember that he is still Bruce Wayne as well as Batman (kinda like Batman Forever in reverse - Robin makes Bruce realise that he needs Bruce Wayne just as much as Batman) That's one good way of having Robin and have his existence in the story to be a key plot point - he keeps Batman balanced in his head and away from depression, something maybe Alfred has tried to do, but failed - it takes an empathic character like Robin to prove that tragedy doesn't mean total doom and gloom, because he has sufferred just as much as Bruce.

braz
ionno about robin being in the Batman Begins franchise. its kinda iffy, cuz i dont see how they could pull it off with robin having the original costume design as he did in the comics(red and green with a yellow cape) and still capture that darkness that Batman Begins brought.....and especially becuz of how BB started...if they were gonna have robin in the nolan franch, i think they shouldve planned it out while making Begins as to how he could fit in the story...now, what im thinkin is that Robin could be one of the league of shadow ninjas, one of the best one's that survived te explosion or something...now i think that would be pretty cool...seeing as how robin would get his skillz to become "Robin" and fight crime just as Batman did....but, robin as a symbol?? pffff dont think so stick out tongue so idunno it'd be cool to see robin up there with christian bale, mabe som1 like matt damon, but at the same time it could ruin the whole darkness, and scarey feel that Begins brought with fear being the theme to te story........

PREACH

vaya_the_elf
I'd think he should not be added until the forth

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Batman Returns
i agree about dumb ppl calling themselves "true batfans". if ppl were true bat fans, they wouldnt be critisizing the other bat films.they would look at the positive AND the negative, just as i look at BB positively and negatively. but SO many ppl just gotta put down the other films cuz they assume that BB is the most "faithful" movie, and let me tell ya, ITS NOT. a true bat fan would not put down B89 like they have been, OR BR. defientyl not B89 though, that movie was great, and returned batman to his darker roots. without B89 and BR, there would be no BB today. remember ppl.....burton kicks it. smokin'

anyways, about robin, i have to say, im not the biggest robin fan, in fact, im not at all, but if they decide to do robin in a nolan/bale film, then so be it. as long as it isnt campy and stupid like B&R was. actually, im srry, but i just really doubt we will see robin appear in the nolan franchise.

LOL. thats hilarious.this guy ignorantly thinks that if you are a true fan you would not put down batman 89 and batman returns even though it has been spelled out to him countless times that those movies butchered to death his character turning him into a cowardly killer betraying the batman mythos having him kill the joker the biggest sin of all for that movie other than the horrible casting choice of keaton-a guy who didnt even come close to fitting the role of bruce wayne.where batman begins portrayed him accuractely,that batman doesnt kill people.iF anything,a true fan would not accept those crapfest burton batman movies and would be thrilled that batman batman begins was made.it was the ONLY batman movie loyal to the comics.this guy is just in denial on that. laughing

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Mainstream
Robin should be added about the 3rd film.

I agree with you Mainstream.

tlbauerle
I think the only way to make Robin an interesting story is to have him actually be a kid. The 22 year old thing was a bit lame. Perhaps you can introduce Dick in film 3, but not have him become Robin until film 4. It's a good way to give weight to the origin story.

Mainstream
Originally posted by tlbauerle
I think the only way to make Robin an interesting story is to have him actually be a kid. The 22 year old thing was a bit lame. Perhaps you can introduce Dick in film 3, but not have him become Robin until film 4. It's a good way to give weight to the origin story.

yeah in Batman 3 or whatever the hell they gonna call it. introduce Dick Grayson, have his folks get killed, Bruce take him in, have him flip around the batcave some...do the Robin origin like they did in the long Hallooween sequel...I can't understand why people say Robin (the Dick Grayson verison) is campy. he watched his parents die right in front of him..how is that campy...tragic would be a better word.

timpysan
I would love to see Christopher Nolan's take on Robin. It would really need to be Dick Grayson as a child though and not played by an obnoxious actor. Chris O'Donnel makes me want to scratch my own eyes out.

Mainstream
Originally posted by timpysan
I would love to see Christopher Nolan's take on Robin. It would really need to be Dick Grayson as a child though and not played by an obnoxious actor. Chris O'Donnel makes me want to scratch my own eyes out.

I think Nolan take on Robin would be cool...he'd proberly make his suit dark with just a touch of Red and Green..rather than have Dick Grayson running around like a living colorful target..if Batman 3 is based on Dark Victory we may see a little dick....so to speak.

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by tlbauerle

I completely agree with you smile

Mainstream
yeah Robin has to be around 10 to 15 to work.....I'd prefer 10 to 12 myself....and for everyone who don't think Robin should be in a Batman movie....keep in mind Batman and Robin the boy wonder is a top selling comic.....odd isn't?

sevenman
Robin should be between nine and twelve and has to be in the second one or it sucks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.